NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

In a management meeting document SEGA said they sold over 2.8 million copies of the Yakuza series on PC. Here is the document link.

Due to the expansion of reach to users as we started the support of [the] PC platform with this series from FY2019/3, we recorded quite strong sales results with unit sales of approximately 2.8 million units worldwide.

Maybe they can use these sales numbers to get Takuya Kimura's talent agency to allow the JUDGEMENT games on PC. They were scared of the image of the game being ruined PC gamers could nude mods and stuff right?
xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I still haven't finished Kiwami - the only one I've tried, but I do really like it. Very distinctive game

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I still haven't finished Kiwami - the only one I've tried, but I do really like it. Very distinctive game

Give 0 a go.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I loved 1-6 but preferred the beat-em-up gameplay much more than the turn based style.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

@fedor said:
@xantufrog said:

Give 0 a go.

He was too stubborn and wanted to play it in order of release 😁

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@fedor said:
@xantufrog said:

Give 0 a go.

Shame, 0 is my personal favorite.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xantufrog  Moderator

@fedor: I like to march to my own busted drum 😝

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

So that averages to about 350K per game for the whole series, or 8 of them anyways. Funny what Sega will find worth the trouble to port but we still can't get Persona on Switch until Sega conducts a 10 year focus group survey of potential users to see if there's interest in the idea.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:
@fedor said:
@xantufrog said:

Give 0 a go.

I'm kind of like that too. I usually prefer release order over chronological order.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xantufrog  Moderator

@Jag85: the thing is, sometimes when you play in chronological order the narrative isn't actually told in the best way. Because the devs didn't write it that way. So "big reveals" get spoiled or take the wind out of the sails when you eventually get to the earlier-made game. Sometimes the chronologically first story point actually assumes you played the earlier-made game too. Maybe that's not the case for Yakuza, but that was my reasoning for just playing it the way the devs made it

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@Jag85: the thing is, sometimes when you play in chronological order the narrative isn't actually told in the best way. Because the devs didn't write it that way. So "big reveals" get spoiled or take the wind out of the sails when you eventually get to the earlier-made game. Sometimes the chronologically first story point actually assumes you played the earlier-made game too. Maybe that's not the case for Yakuza, but that was my reasoning for just playing it the way the devs made it

Yeah a lot of prequels assume you played the originally released titles first. I played Halo: Reach first since people said to play it in chronological order and I had no idea what was going on in the story and how much of it an impact it has on the original trilogy since I haven't played it.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xantufrog  Moderator

@NoodleFighter: yeah that's a great example

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@xantufrog: Kiwami 1's story is molded in a way that assumes that the player has beaten Zero first. If you had started with OG Yakuza 1 then what you said would have been more applicable. It's not the end of the world or anything, but Y0 is the best starting point for that and just because it's a way better game than Kiwami 1 in general.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Do note its divided into 6 entries (0,1,2,6,7,collection) so around 500k each but I am guessing Yakuza 0 getting most of the sales. Surprisingly with all the recent noise the series doesnt do that much movement.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xantufrog  Moderator

@Renegade_Fury: ah well. I can't say I've been confused at any point so far - seems perfectly playable as a "first yakuza" still. I'm sure I'll finish and continue on with the series based on this experience

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@xantufrog: Y1's main plot is pretty linear, so yeah, you shouldn't get confused. The Zero callbacks are more tied to the new Kiwami 1 substories that weren't in Y1, all the new Majima stuff, and the Nishiki added scenes on how he fell to darkness. It's a lot more painful going up against him in Kiwami 1 if you've played Y0 first as opposed to the original game in which he had barely any screen time.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

Maybe they can use these sales numbers to get Takuya Kimura's talent agency to allow the JUDGEMENT games on PC.

Yeah, and Sega should pay him an extra tip to sing "Baka Mitai" at karaoke with the money from these sales.

@sakaixx said:

Do note its divided into 6 entries (0,1,2,6,7,collection) so around 500k each but I am guessing Yakuza 0 getting most of the sales. Surprisingly with all the recent noise the series doesnt do that much movement.

I think it's a pretty good number considering that there would have been more people playing those games on Game Pass.