The Wii is for Children and Grandmothers.

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Manhunt 2

It started with Manhunt 2, a game that was so violent and distributing that it was going to be rated Adults Only. It was censored to make it M, and sadly the censoring killed the game.

No More Heros

Then came No More Heroes... Which features over the top violence, and a ridiculous amount of blood. The cut scenes are especially brutal.

Soon Is Madworld. Madworld 1

Chainsaw battle over

Which is full of over the top violence...

And also coming soon is Dead Rising for the Wii...

After Dead Rising Wii is out the Wii will have all 4 of the most over the top violent games so far this Gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I was about to come in and eat this thread alive.

*Reads thread*

I see what you did there.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

This thread is stupid. If the Wii is for Children and Grandmothers, then why where these games, that you listed, released on it?

You fail hard.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GundamGuy0

This thread is stupid. If the Wii is for Children and Grandmothers, then why where these games, that you listed, released on it?

You fail hard.

BubbyJello

Thank you I try.

The point is that The Wii is accused of being the Kiddy and Old People console... When it has all 4 of the most violent games released this gen... 2 of Which are only available on the Wii, and one is only next gen available on the Wii.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

You fail hard.

BubbyJello

u miss the main point....u fail hard

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Put Fatal Frame and Umbrella Chronicles there. Grannies love that stuff
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
[QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

You fail hard.

GundamGuy0

Thank you I try.

The point is that The Wii is accused of being the Kiddy and Old People console... When it has all 4 of the most violent games released this gen... 2 of Which are only available on the Wii, and one is only next gen available on the Wii.

You ever wonder WHY? Why do these "perceptions" even happen?

There is truth to them, for every game you have listed, there are 5 games on the Wii that are played by older folks, uncles, grandparents, kids, soccer moms, etc.

Still, the Wii Isn't ONLY for them, it's for Everyone.

You aren't going to change the tide, we all know that those "Wii is for Kids" statements are wrong, but you also need to recognize that in reality, Nintendo is most definately marketing the Wii for those Non-Gamers.

So you are bucking a trend that Nintendo themselves endorses. Seems like a losing battle, but I do agree, it's not ONLY for them.

EDIT : BTW, I have purchased Every Hardcore Good game the Wii has got so far.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
[QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

You fail hard.

eklineage

u miss the main point....u fail hard

Isn't the Topic title the main point?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

You fail hard.

BubbyJello
Funny guy. Sadly most peoples sarcasm meter is broken. :P Good job Gundam.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GundamGuy0

Put Fatal Frame and Umbrella Chronicles there. Grannies love that stuffair_wolf_cubed

I should, but these 4 games top all others. Fatal Frame and Umbrella Chronicles are def not for kids, but they aren't unrivaled for violence either... I might throw them in, in a few min...

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

You fail hard.

SolidTy

Thank you I try.

There is truth to them, for every game you have listed, there are 5 games on the Wii that are played by older folks, uncles, grandparents, kids, soccer moms, etc.

You aren't going to change the tide, we all know that those "Wii is for Kids" statements are wrong, but you also need to recognize that in reality, Nintendo is most definately marketing the Wii for those Non-Gamers.

So you are bucking a trend that Nintendo themselves endorses. Seems like a losing battle, but I do agree, it's not ONLY for them.

Why cant you accept the fact theyre making hardcore games? Their main focus is not non-gamers. Only part
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts
It's still way more kiddy than the other two consoles. That's not even debatable.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
It's still way more kiddy than the other two consoles. That's not even debatable.dracula_16

The idea of demographs is one thing, but calling a console kiddy is a stupid statement for any console. Really a console is nothing more than a platform to play games that developers create. The developers can choose any stereotypical group for a demograph, whether it be children, teens, adults, etc.

By the "that game/console is kiddy" argument, one could say the PC is the "kiddiest" platform of them all.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

You fail hard.

air_wolf_cubed

Thank you I try.

Why cant you accept the fact theyre making hardcore games? Their main focus is not non-gamers. Only part

I don't agree with your main focus statement, I do accept that NINTENDO does make Hardcore games (I have bought every single one so far this year), I was commmenting on Perception .

In some circles, Perception equals Reality.

ch-ch-chaoguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 ch-ch-chaoguy
Member since 2005 • 1106 Posts

The Wii can be both for kids and hard-core gamers, just think of the possibilities with the WiiMotionPlus!

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

I learned from this topic that the Wii is the best console for unorthodox excessive violence. Most violent games on other consoles are basically shooters... shoot the guy... or slash him, he falls, some blood shows, that's it... nothing special. Violent Wii games like NMH and the upcoming Madworld make your typical 360/PS3/PC shooters look tame.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]It's still way more kiddy than the other two consoles. That's not even debatable.Saturos3091

The idea of demographs is one thing, but calling a console kiddy is a stupid statement for any console. Really a console is nothing more than a platform to play games that developers create. The developers can choose any stereotypical group for a demograph, whether it be children, teens, adults, etc.

By the "that game/console is kiddy" argument, one could say the PC is the "kiddiest" platform of them all.

Sure, you could say that if you wanted. It wouldn't be true, though.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

Stop the presses! a handful of games :roll:.

Those kinda games are for children anyway ironically, go figure.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 air_wolf_cubed

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]It's still way more kiddy than the other two consoles. That's not even debatable.dracula_16

isnt there thousands of games on the PC? I suppose only 8 are kiddy
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GundamGuy0

PC360Wii

A handful of games is all it takes for fanboys to say that Nintendo isn't making core games anymore and are way to focused on the casuals... when Sony and Microsoft have made just as many casual games... Scene it! :D

I don't quite get your second statment it's just for fun? But they clearly arn't for children, they are for adults who can cut back and chill, and not act all stuck up all the time.

Trelaf_TheWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Trelaf_TheWise
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts
I get your point but those are still only 2 or 3 games. In comparison with, let's say 360, the Wii does come off like a "kiddy" console.
zeldarooles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zeldarooles
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts

You fail hard.

BubbyJello
Some people seriously need to install sarcasm detectors.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PC360Wii
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

GundamGuy0

A handful of games is all it takes for fanboys to say that Nintendo isn't making core games anymore and are way to focused on the casuals... when Sony and Microsoft have made just as many casual games... Scene it! :D

I don't quite get your second statment it's just for fun? But they clearly arn't for children, they are for adults who can cut back and chill, and not act all stuck up all the time.

Oh please, show this to the average adult and they would be saying "why the hell would you want to play this"? ... its more for the kids and low teens that think "hahah ewwwww coool must buy!" ... and you know it.

Manhunt is NOT a core gamer game.

NMH... an Anime Assassin game with adult references is still going to appeal to children the most.

And that third game... well .... hitting people into spikes and chainsawing them... in a cartoon grey-scale comic look? yes, this is height of core gaming maturity aswell.

Violence =I adult no matter what age raitings will tell you.

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts
you know there isn't anything wrong with the wii being casual. ms is trying to do the same with the 360 but they better stay with hardcore. the wii is selling alot and you should thank those children and grandmas for making the wii a success.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GundamGuy0

I get your point but those are still only 2 or 3 games. In comparison with, let's say 360, the Wii does come off like a "kiddy" console.Trelaf_TheWise

What does the 360 have that's more violent then those 4 games, or anywhere close. I'll give you a start, Gears of War... and I'm done. Gears of War isn't close to those 4 for over the top violence either.

Your right, the Xbox360 has a ton of games that over shadow the kiddy junk, but it's not like it isn't there.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17888 Posts
well it is for children and grandparents. its also for teens and young adults and gamers and ppl new to gaming. its for everyone..thats the idea.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

PC360Wii

Oh please, show this to the average adult and they would be saying "why the hell would you want to play this"? ... its more for the kids and low teens that think "hahah ewwwww coool must buy!" ... and you know it.

NMH... an Anime Assassin game with adult references is still going to appeal to children the most.

And that third game... well .... hitting people into spikes and chainsawing them... in a cartoon grey-scale comic look? yes, this is height of core gaming maturity aswell.

I guess 21 is low teen now then... sigh.

This is why movies such as Wanted, and Kill Bill are popular, because they appeal to kids?

stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

GundamGuy0

Mmm,could also be the fact that they devoted their entire E3 to showing stuff like Wii Music and Wii resort,neglecting to even mention games with a least a little substance like Madworld and The Conduit.

MS and Sony managed to give something for the Casual AND dedicated gaming market,the fact that Nintendo just focused on one,helps spread this perception of the Wii being casual or kiddy.You listing a few token games as the exeption to this rule isn't going to change that.Sorry.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PC360Wii
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

GundamGuy0

This is why movies such as Wanted, and Kill Bill are popular, because they appeal to kids?

compairing Kill Bill to these games? ... hardly correct.

Manhunt low sales proove nobody wants its.

No More Heroes? in a adult culture than shuns anime?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
lol wii haters never sleep
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

PC360Wii

compairing Kill Bill to these games? ... hardly correct.

Manhunt low sales proove nobody wants its.

No More Heroes? in a adult culture than shuns anime?

Anime is becoming more and more popular as today's young adults grew up with it...

How is Kill Bill and these games diffrent? Over the top violence. Check. Crazy Story, Check. Too much Blood, Check...

Manhunt isn't a good game, but it's not a causal game. I've not played it and don't care if I ever do... but it's still a Wii game with over the top violence.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GundamGuy0

Mmm,could also be the fact that they devoted their entire E3 to showing stuff like Wii Music and Wii resort,neglecting to even mention games with a least a little substance like Madworld and The Conduit.

MS and Sony managed to give something for the Casual AND dedicated gaming market,the fact that Nintendo just focused on one,helps spread this perception of the Wii being casual or kiddy.You listing a few token games as the exeption to this rule isn't going to change that.Sorry.

stvee101

Your right, but perception isn't always right. I mean Nintendo has given us more Core franchises, and game since the Wii's release then it has given us, casual games... but they are still perceived as favoring the casuals...

I can't excuse their E3 other then to say, they didn't focus on the gamers, and got an artical in the WSJ, and Sony and Microsoft did, and didn't get any mass media attention... It's about knowing your audience... that's how you sell things...They shouldn't have shut out the core croud... but it's not the end of the world.

Trelaf_TheWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Trelaf_TheWise
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

[QUOTE="Trelaf_TheWise"]I get your point but those are still only 2 or 3 games. In comparison with, let's say 360, the Wii does come off like a "kiddy" console.GundamGuy0

What does the 360 have that's more violent then those 4 games, or anywhere close. I'll give you a start, Gears of War... and I'm done. Gears of War isn't close to those 4 for over the top violence either.

Your right, the Xbox360 has a ton of games that over shadow the kiddy junk, but it's not like it isn't there.

Well, not that it's a competition but 360 does have more. 1 super gory game does not overshadow like 10 medium gory games. The 360 does have alot of over the top violence games like the ones you mentioned: Dead Rising(;)), Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fear, Onechbaraa X, Condemned 1 and 2 just to name some.

But overall, yeah Wii is not just for kids.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

You fail hard.

BubbyJello

this thread isnt stupid, its ironic, its meant to making people stop thinking the wii is kiddy

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Saturos3091

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]It's still way more kiddy than the other two consoles. That's not even debatable.dracula_16

Why wouldn't it be based on the same logic that is used to call any platform kiddy? It has the most kiddy games (and the most games in general), so why wouldn't it be true?

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GundamGuy0

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]It's still way more kiddy than the other two consoles. That's not even debatable.Saturos3091

Why wouldn't it be based on the same logic that is used to call any platform kiddy? It has the most kiddy games (and the most games in general), so why wouldn't it be true?

It's based on some subjective ratio of causal to core game... Which no one decided on, and varies from person to person... Kind of stupid.

It's stupid to have a made up ratio, (they don't even count to know for sure) because who cares how many kiddy games it has, if your not the kind of person to play them... It's like saying it has to many bad games... Don't play them... problem soved.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
I'd love to see my grandma play No More Heroes. Might make a good home video... :P
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Saturos3091

It's based on some subjective ratio of causal to core game... Which no one decided on, and varies from person to person... Kind of stupid.

GundamGuy0

Yeah, it's stupid. I never understood how "casual" games get lumped in with "kiddy" games either...
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

And people have forgotten Tenchu:4 for the Wii, Ouch! OOPS Resident Evil 4 aswell, Ok it was on both Gamecube, PS2, Xbox (I think) and PC but still sold over 1 million copies on the Wii. Capcom know theres a market for adult games for the Wii which you people cannot deny as Capcom showed at E3 with Dead Rising and this game will hit the 1 million + mark though its not aimed at these so called *CASUALS* and *Kiddies* who own every Wii on the planet like many people proclaim.

Nintendo is for everyone and not just for kids. Watch in future months how more companies will follow Capcoms route or are following it already with backing the Wii with more adult based games rather than games aimed towards everyone. I do not mind though having games which my young nephews and neices can play as they Enjoyed several games like Mario Galaxy, Wii sports, Mario Kart, Mario & Sonic at the Olmpics! Oh if you say my Nephews and Neices are casual then i'll laugh my socks off as they own 30+ games for PS2 and GC! Not bad for 5 and 7 year old.

Fayt445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fayt445
Member since 2005 • 693 Posts
These games amount for a very small percentage of Wii games. The system is still for elderly people and kids under 10.
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

what are you trying to prove? violence makes a game "hardcore" now?

edit: nintendo themselves markets the wii as a system for children and soccer moms because that's where the money is. core gamers are left as an afterthought.

AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
You say Nintendo isn't onnly focusing on casuals. You obviously haven't watched E3.
arieken123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 arieken123
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

You fail hard.

BubbyJello

/facepalm

Hes countering the "Wii is for children and grandmothers" argument , silly.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
believe me, my granny plays those games!!!!
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

It has some games that are more violent, yes.

But to deny that there is a definite skew towards a casual audience for the majority of their titles would also be selective viewing.

JumpB3yond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JumpB3yond
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Not that it really matters, but NMH looks like garbage graphically...

and Mad World's black and white graphics almost makes it hard to distinct one character from another.

TriggerheartEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TriggerheartEx
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
No, actually the wii's primary fanbase is college kids and emos.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 air_wolf_cubed

Not that it really matters, but NMH looks like garbage graphically...

and Mad World's black and white graphics almost makes it hard to distinct one character from another.

JumpB3yond
One character is covered in blood and the main one isnt
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

I'm not saying Wii is for children and grand mother's.

But a list of violent games shows in no way that it isn't....