The ULTIMATE LAIR - KAMEO comparisson

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

REAL INTERACTIVE WATER

DRAGON - MOUNTAIN TEXTURES ON KAMEO

REAL PARTICLE EFFECTS

REAL FORESTS - GRASS and ENEMIE TEXTURES

REAL SPECIAL EFFECTS - SHADERS

REAL HDR and GLOW EFFECTS

REAL WALL TEXTURES

REALLY BIG ARMIES

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 greg_splicer

Some more, not only Kameo, but PD0 and Viva Pinata too

REAL GROUND TEXTURES

VIEW DISTANCE

TREES

ROCKS

WATER

HDR+REFLECTIONS

LIGHTING

POLYGONS - LIGHTING - SHADOWS

tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 tool_rage
Member since 2005 • 756 Posts
wtf
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

wow...pic overload :shock:

Edit: is that you, nasos? 

legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 legalize3
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

again what is this guy trying to prove ?

i can just show my ratchet and clank pics and make this toppic DOA

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Personally, I think Kameo's artstyle is far superior to Lair's but Lair is probably the best looking upcoming game for consoles in terms of graphical power.

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

legalize3

I think it's nasos 

raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts

Hhhhh Shiny! Everyone knows the Shinier the better.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Personally, I think Kameo's artstyle is far superior to Lair's but Lair is probably the best looking upcoming game for consoles in terms of graphical power.

the-very-best

Are you serious ?

Lair is a very good looking game, but most certainly not the best (graphically) looking upcoming game. 

legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 legalize3
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts
[QUOTE="legalize3"]

fuzzysquash

I think it's nasos

oh that guy who claimed oblivion wont be on ps3

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24989878

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snugenz

the-very-best

Are you serious ??

Lair is a very good looking game, but best looking (graphically) it most certainly is not. 

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
Don't compare cartoon graphics to more realistic graphics that are harder to pull off than cartoony graphics.. you'll find that most people like the cartoony graphics simply because it's alot more colorful and shinyer and pretty compared to that of lairs. You may aswel throw some gears of war shots in there aswell and say kameo has better looking grapthics than gears..
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Snugenz

Are you serious ??

Lair is a very good looking game, but best looking (graphically) it most certainly is not.

Yeah, I'm serious...I thought the general consensus was that Lair looks terrific. The game doesn't interest me at all though, not really into dragon combat.

For me, Lair, Ratchet and Clank, GT:HD, and Mass Effect are the only next gen games that have shocked me with how great their visuals are. 

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
nice pics
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

Don't compare cartoon graphics to more realistic graphics that are harder to pull off than cartoony graphics.. you'll find that most people like the cartoony graphics simply because it's alot more colorful and shinyer and pretty compared to that of lairs. You may aswel throw some gears of war shots in there aswell and say kameo has better looking grapthics than gears..Dahaka-UK

Not really. The textures on Kameo are vastly better than any game out now. However, i would say i dont see the point in comparing a 360 launch game nearly two years old to a new PS3 game coming out this year, with a completely different artstyle. 

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Snugenz
[QUOTE="Snugenz"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]

the-very-best

Are you serious ??

Yeah, I'm serious...I thought the general consensus was that Lair looks terrific. The game doesn't interest me at all though, not really into dragon combat.

For me, Lair, Ratchet and Clank, GT:HD, and Mass Effect are the only next gen games that have shocked me with how great their visuals are.

Well to each his own i suppose, i've nothing against the game but honestly i find the graphics underwhelming. Although i didnt think GeoW's graphics were anything amazing until i seen the game running on my own console/tv, so maybe i'd think differently if the situation was similar. 

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
Everytime I see Kameo screens I know more and more that I really should get that game. It really is not type of game I would normally play but it does look very nice.
Roy_Drage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Roy_Drage
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
Well if Lairs gameplay sukks as bad as Rare two latest efforts, then I will be ashamed.     But if the textures aren't quite as good in lair, but the games (unlike both rares latest efforts) are intersting, captivating & fun..Then I guess I'll forgive factor 5 for not having 2.5% better ground textures. 
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 greg_splicer

Well if Lairs gameplay sukks as bad as Rare two latest efforts, then I will be ashamed.     But if the textures aren't quite as good in lair, but the games (unlike both rares latest efforts) are intersting, captivating & fun..Then I guess I'll forgive factor 5 for not having 2.5% better ground textures.  Roy_Drage

The thread is OBVIOSULY not about gameplay, but about how much garbage Lair looks comparing to a 2 year old launch 360 title !!!

Also if you want to go to gameplay, i would rather play Kameo or PD0, than a dragon air shooter, that game has me bored right now, imagine playing that

Also yo u should really play Viva Pianata, the gameplay would be like 100 times more addictive than either Lair's or Heavly Sword one

BTW has anyone got those 720p HS pics ? I want a second laugh at PS3 graphics

Jack-Napier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jack-Napier
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
nasos never ceases to fail harder than his previous threads, hey im gonna go compare mario galaxy graphics to forza 2 cus i think SMG looks better, teh MOAR colors are teh amazing !11!!!! i try to avoid this guy like an STD but he keeps coming back like one lol.

i guess artistic style means nothing to anyone anymore, lair is going for more realistic visuals than those games, you can compare GeOW to lair but then again you cant.gears has like 5 people on screen at the most and prison cell sized leves, lair has thousands and like 32 kilometers sized levels.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="legalize3"]

fuzzysquash

I think it's nasos

I think it is nasos too.
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 greg_splicer

Seems you failed to see all pics, where i PROVE BEYOND DOUBT that Kameo has at least 2-4x the texture resolution of Lair, even witht the same view distance

Here, i found the other joke looking PS3 game, HS

Let's see now Mass Effect, the reason why FF13 looks totally unimpressive to me, at least in its PS3 form, i am sure on 360 would look equal to Mass Effect

WOW, PS3 impresses once more

hip-hop-cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 hip-hop-cola
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="Snugenz"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Snugenz

Are you serious ??

Well to each his own i suppose, i've nothing against the game but honestly i find the graphics underwhelming. Although i didnt think GeoW's graphics were anything amazing until i seen the game running on my own console/tv, so maybe i'd think differently if the situation was similar. 

he said graphical POWER. the amount happening in lair and the fact it still keeps decent graphics is what makes it impressive

mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrboo15
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts

The comparison if for Lost Planet, but the same applies to all 360 games compared to LAIR.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 greg_splicer

So ok, at least you accept looks like garabge, but .. many things happen, nice

Kameo has huge armies and batles too you know though, and doe not have to look like garbage

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

Seems you failed to see all pics, where i PROVE BEYOND DOUBT that Kameo has at least 2-4x the texture resolution of Lair, even witht the same view distance

Here, i found the other joke looking PS3 game, HS

Let's see now Mass Effect, the reason why FF13 looks totally unimpressive to me, at least in its PS3 form, i am sure on 360 would look equal to Mass Effect

WOW, PS3 impresses once more

greg_splicer
You could at least put a 56k warning on the thread for those less fortunate.
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts

You're seriously once of the most obnoxious fanboys, bro.  Do you have anything better to do than to post screenshot comparisons of a game that isn't even out yet with screens of other games that aren't even in the same genre?

I can do that too.

R&C > Kameo. 

mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrboo15
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts

So ok, at least you accept looks like garabge, but .. many things happen, nice

Kameo has huge armies and batles too you know though, and doe not have to look like garbage

greg_splicer

Dude Kameo's armies all share the SAME ai and animation routines making them less power demanding, LAIRS are all independant. 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 greg_splicer

You're seriously once of the most obnoxious fanboys, bro.  Do you have anything better to do than to post screenshot comparisons of a game that isn't even out yet with screens of other games that aren't even in the same genre?

I can do that too.

R&C > Kameo. 

SergeantSnitch

Clearly R&C look worst than Kameo by a HUGE margin

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
[QUOTE="SergeantSnitch"]

You're seriously once of the most obnoxious fanboys, bro. Do you have anything better to do than to post screenshot comparisons of a game that isn't even out yet with screens of other games that aren't even in the same genre?

I can do that too.

R&C > Kameo.

greg_splicer

:D
Ryusuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ryusuken
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts
[QUOTE="legalize3"]

fuzzysquash

I think it's nasos 

MMMmm, that would explain the rabid fanboy comments every time he posts.

dave_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dave_ps3
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
You should all look at the HD trailer of lair, some parts look great others look crap. I think the dragons could have looked a lot better up close. There is a part in the trailer about half way in that looks stunning when you are approaching a giant stone face with spot lights in it eyes at night. It's a real shame that the games about dragons.
Endfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Endfinal
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
Just spam report abuse so we can ban Nasos again. He's a joke.
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
Hey!! Lets compare the graphics of games that arent out yet!! Thats so smart! :roll:
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I can do that too.

R&C > Kameo. 

SergeantSnitch

Kameo=18 months ago, R&C = sometime 2008? People people people, I beg and I beg for you to not showcase the  PS3 weaknesses when you are going for 360 ownage and nobody ever listens. Good thing casuals own the game market and never come here to have PS3 fans talk them out of buying the PS3.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
Your all forgetting the big picture here.... is Kameo any fun.... no it isnt... its a pile of doo doo... Is Lair fun? yep looks like it.. .
Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts

1) how can compare a game out with a game come out in july

2) if panzor dragoon orta can get a 9.0 so can lair

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts

You're seriously once of the most obnoxious fanboys, bro. Do you have anything better to do than to post screenshot comparisons of a game that isn't even out yet with screens of other games that aren't even in the same genre?

I can do that too.

R&C > Kameo.

SergeantSnitch

R&C > Every upcoming game evar.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

Your all forgetting the big picture here.... is Kameo any fun.... no it isnt... its a pile of doo doo... Is Lair fun? yep looks like it.. .Dahaka-UK

debatable...

if i had a PS3, i wouldnt buy it, it looks boring (you may have a different opinion though) 

Game13a13y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Game13a13y
Member since 2004 • 2860 Posts

the more pics you show on Kameo, the more i think Lair will pwn it.

i'm not saying Kameo graphics is bad, its quite stunning. but you've failed. you know why? cause you never take into consideration how vast the world in Lair is, you fly on a dragon in a 25 miles X 25 miles world, (said by the developer) well, try to top that.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 greg_splicer

Game13a13y, you do realise you are TOTALLY wrong ?

At each given time, Lair does not render THE WHOLE 25x25 in full detail, in fact at each frame Kameo TOTALLY DESTROYS what Lair shows, totally and utterly !!!!

So, what does 25x25KM mean ? Nothing, when only a fraction smaller than what Kameo renders is rendered on PS3 ...

Hope you uderstand what i am saying, and check up the term LOD (Level of Detail) on google too, will help you understand

Plus Kameo has some HUGE draw distance and visibility without scrifices, and a huge army like 10 times the one at Lair

Lair looks far more boring than Kameo, where at least you could explore, than only shoot fireballs, that is a 8/10 game MAX if not lower

The point of the thread is that it looks like garbage comparing to a LAUNCH 360 game, same with R&C, the lighting and vegetation, and surroundings look like a bad joke, the characters while do look good, still are nothing really special

flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 flashattackfina
greg are one funny guy  you are judging a game that come  out in november to a game that hasn't come out yet
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 greg_splicer

greg are one funny guy  you are judging a game that come  out in november to a game that hasn't come out yetflashattackfina

Come on now, do not be harse, i do not think Lair weill be further downgraded, so the comparisson is ok to do now

I think this is trhe last stage of downgradethis game has gone through, won't get any worst, after all the engine is 100% ready, since it is about to release, you do not suggest they are still making the core engine a few months from release ?

Catastrophe123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Catastrophe123
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Snugenz

Are you serious ?

Lair is a very good looking game, but most certainly not the best (graphically) looking upcoming game. 

Yeah it is, did you see the huge draw distance and amazing water effects? not to mention incredible physics, when you cut a rhino's head off you can actually see all the meat of the head and the blood still spilling, and the head doesnt just stop moving after you cut it off, it flies off depending on how strong you are and etc... but i think ME beats lair, if only by a little bit.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
[QUOTE="SergeantSnitch"]

I can do that too.

R&C > Kameo.

greg_splicer

I feel sorry for this guy, but not really.  

Catastrophe123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Catastrophe123

The TC is an idiot. he didint even post good pics of Lair. heres some that blows every single kameo pic and whatsoever out of th water.

flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 flashattackfina

did panzor dragoon orta and saga flop without Mp or online and being short you fail lemmings

Catastrophe123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Catastrophe123

Game13a13y, you do realise you are TOTALLY wrong ?

At each given time, Lair does not render THE WHOLE 25x25 in full detail, in fact at each frame Kameo TOTALLY DESTROYS what Lair shows, totally and utterly !!!!

So, what does 25x25KM mean ? Nothing, when only a fraction smaller than what Kameo renders is rendered on PS3 ...

Hope you uderstand what i am saying, and check up the term LOD (Level of Detail) on google too, will help you understand

Plus Kameo has some HUGE draw distance and visibility without scrifices, and a huge army like 10 times the one at Lair

Lair looks far more boring than Kameo, where at least you could explore, than only shoot fireballs, that is a 8/10 game MAX if not lower

The point of the thread is that it looks like garbage comparing to a LAUNCH 360 game, same with R&C, the lighting and vegetation, and surroundings look like a bad joke, the characters while do look good, still are nothing really special

greg_splicer

You do realize that Kameo has BAD antisotropic filtering right? you may see the ground textures good up close, but a few metres away they look like they have no pixels on them. And im gonna quote your 8/10.