The thing that killzone 2 haters seem to miss.

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bt25
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

So it seems like killzone 2 haters are just judging it by its graphics recently form the new pre e3 trailers on 1 up going "ZOMG DOWNGRADE" i even heard one person saying it looks terrible. Well what most kz2 haters dont seem to get is the game actually looks FUN. isnt that the point of a video game? to be fun?

when ever a game with good graphics comes out people think people like it because of graphics. a great example is crysis. that game had GREAT gameplay. i guess you guys have some crazy unreachable standards or somthing.

so whats your reason for hating on kz2? personnally i think it looks like it'll be fun and if it isnt, does it really matter? (except for "owning" people we don't know on the internet ofcourse :roll: ).

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
That new gameplay footage looks great.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

So it seems like killzone 2 haters are just judging it by its graphics recently form the new pre e3 trailers on 1 up going "ZOMG DOWNGRADE" i even heard one person saying it looks terrible. Well what most kz2 haters dont seem to get is the game actually looks FUN. isnt that the point of a video game? to be fun?

Bt25

You seem to miss one thing as well. The only reason Killzone 2 is hyped at all is because of its graphics.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
It's the complete opposite actually. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is what has to be proven.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

No it actually doesn't look that fun. Crysis had great graphics and great gameplay. KZ2 just doesn't impress me.

KZ2 will be nothing like Crysis

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
The first ones' gameplay sucked, so far this nothing to proove its any different.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
You seem to be missing the fact that Killzone 1 was one of the biggest flops in the history of the PS2. After the glitchy crapfast that was Killzone, anyone in his right mind would be apprehensive about Killzone 2.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts
[QUOTE="Bt25"]

SpruceCaboose

You seem to miss one thing as well. The only reason Killzone 2 is hyped at all is because of its graphics.

same could be said for crysis...

its because its sony and well everyone on here who isnt a "cow" hates sony fanboys and so when lil cow comes along as says "LOOK AT MY GAME ITS THE PWNZ" everyone just slags it off.

people are hypocritical by sayin it sucks yet i bet they use the argument of "wait until it comes out" on games they defend.

killzone2 imo looks awesome and would be a great game. granted its grey very grey but crysis is very green and gears is very brown... who cares lol

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Looks good and you really can't tell a damned thing till you're actually playing a game. Everybody needs to shut up about it.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Fun. I see all the hype because of how it looks graphically.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Bt25"]

o0squishy0o

its because its sony and well everyone on here who isnt a "cow" hates sony fanboys and so when lil cow comes along as says "LOOK AT MY GAME ITS THE PWNZ" everyone just slags it off.

people are hypocritical by sayin it sucks yet i bet they use the argument of "wait until it comes out" on games they defend.

killzone2 imo looks awesome and would be a great game. granted its grey very grey but crysis is very green and gears is very brown... who cares lol

Crysis had plenty more going for it than visuals, too bad the potential for the multiplayer flopped badly, but the hype was beyond graphics.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Bt25"]

o0squishy0o

Crysis is blueish white too. Member when everything its frozen?
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts
KZ 2 is on PS3. thats all I need to know to hate on it.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
Looks good, but I hope this game doesn't flop when it's released.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts

KZ 2 is on PS3. thats all I need to know to hate on it. -GhostMLD-

Not arrogant at all... don't be a fanboy.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
Obvious_troll,_is..not_obvious.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

Thanks for the insightful post.

citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 citizen-zero
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0
Scaifism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Scaifism
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

I'm still skeptical of this game. Doesn't really look like more than a decent shooter to me, and there's still the first game to think about. I'll believe it when I play it, in other words.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thrones
TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0 citizen-zero
Alot of games don't bring anything new and are great. Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2 episodes, every new call of duty since 2, Legend of Zeldas...
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts

~WHAT~

seriously... killzone 2 looks insanely generic and boring.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

when ever a game with good graphics comes out people think people like it because of graphics. a great example is crysis. that game had GREAT gameplay. i guess you guys have some crazy unreachable standards or somthing.

so whats your reason for hating on kz2? personnally i think it looks like it'll be fun and if it isnt, does it really matter? (except for "owning" people we don't know on the internet ofcourse :roll: ).

Bt25

Well the first Killzone game didn't play that great, so maybe that's why people were looking forward to the graphics. I don't care either way, as I don't have any plans on getting Killzone 2 unless it gets rave reviews all around. I will be getting Resistance 2 however.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="citizen-zero"]TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0 thrones
Alot of games don't bring anything new and are great. Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2 episodes, every new call of duty since 2, Legend of Zeldas...

LoZ is it's own game though. Barely anyone (if at all) copies the formula, and they aren't released too often so it feels fresh.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I think Crysis is boring as hell. I still haven't the desire to finsh it., Killzone isn't showing me anything that I haven't seen in other shooters. At least Crysis had the suit.
citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 citizen-zero

[QUOTE="citizen-zero"]TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0 thrones

Ok...

TF2 has it's unique art-style and incredible balance.

Half Life 2 episodes continued an incredible story.

Call of duty games got better with each release.

And nothing needs to be changed about Zelda games, the balance is perfect as it is.

KZ2 on the other hand is just like....Halo....they're continuing a mediocre story and mediocre gameplay

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thrones

[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="citizen-zero"]TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0 citizen-zero

Ok...

And nothing needs to be changed about Zelda games, the balance is perfect as it is.

KZ2 on the other hand is just like....Halo....they're continuing a mediocre story and mediocre gameplay

Well,_the_story_as_a_whole_wasn't_bad_in_killzone_1,_just_deliered_badly.

In_addition,_they're_not_keeping_the_same_gameplay_as_Killzone_from_the_trailers...

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -GhostMLD-

[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="citizen-zero"]TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0 citizen-zero

Ok...

ya but minus Halos sales potential lol

citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 citizen-zero
[QUOTE="citizen-zero"]

[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="citizen-zero"]TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0 -GhostMLD-

And the fun

Ok...

and the fun

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
It doesn't look fun to me, looks like CoD4 and I hated that...
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thrones

Ok...

Killzone 2 is closer to CoD4 than Halo tbh...

Also, all those games still bought nothing new. Especially the CoD series, which barely changes each time.

:|

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -GhostMLD-
[QUOTE="citizen-zero"]

[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="citizen-zero"]TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0 thrones

Ok...

Also, all those games still bought nothing new. Especially the CoD series, which barely changes each time.

cod 4 was the first time it went modern. That was historic for the franchise.

citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 citizen-zero
Oh, and a note to the TC.....Noone hates killzone 2....People just point out all of it's flaws...
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="citizen-zero"]

[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="citizen-zero"]TC is a noob. What he seems to miss is that the game brings nothing new to the FPS genre. Atleast Crysis had it's nanosuit. Gears had a chainsaw. KZ2 on the other hand, is a generic, run and gun FPS......its marred with mediocrity....it's Haze 2.0 -GhostMLD-

Ok...

cod 4 was the first time it went modern. That was historic for the franchise.

Not exactly innovative was it? It was CoD2 in a shiny new coat.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts

~WHAT~

crunchUK

Yet you like Halo 3, why is Halo 3 better than this?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crunchUK
[QUOTE="crunchUK"]

~WHAT~

therealmcc0y

epic and challenging campaign, incredible multiplayer thatis incredibly balanced as wellas absolutelt INFINITE gameplay options thans to the almighty forge and gametype editor, it;s easy to pick up yet unfathomable in skill depth, brilliant integration of vehicles in an FPS, i could go on but i made my point before i even posted. :lol: i can't believe you actually need an answer

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"][QUOTE="citizen-zero"]

And the fun

Ok...

citizen-zero

and the fun

We don't know that yet.

therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 therealmcc0y
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="crunchUK"]

~WHAT~

crunchUK

epic and challenging campaign, incredible multiplayer thatis incredibly balanced as wellas absolutelt INFINITE gameplay options thans to the almighty forge and gametype editor, it;s easy to pick up yet unfathomable in skill depth, brilliant integration of vehicles in an FPS, i could go on but i made my point before i even posted. :lol: i can't believe you actually need an answer

killzone 2 could be just like that, except that forge thing, but who gives

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -GhostMLD-
[QUOTE="crunchUK"]

~WHAT~

therealmcc0y

multiplayer for one.

Plus the sales....meaning that 8 million+ thought the game would be worth their time and money. I can tell u now the same number wont think the same towards KZ2.

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]KZ 2 is on PS3. thats all I need to know to hate on it. thrones

you_seem_to_be_having_troble_with_your_spacebar
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Gears Is on PC and thats all I need to love it :wink:
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]KZ 2 is on PS3. thats all I need to know to hate on it. starmetroid

you_seem_to_be_having_troble_with_your_spacebar

No I'm not.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 crunchUK
[QUOTE="crunchUK"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="crunchUK"]

~WHAT~

therealmcc0y

killzone 2 could be just like that, except that forge thing, but who gives

COULD... but let's face it looking at the trailers the outcome is bleak. and to think sony started showing it at 2005 :lol:. sure we don't know aboout multiplayer yet but again i just can't see how killzone 2 can be great online...i mean it just doesn't seen dynamic enough as in there seems to be 2 crappy weapons existing and the same enemy the whole time... how does that get better with multiplayer????? especially minusing the atmosphere and immersion... which is virtually the only promising looking thing about killzone 2 in the first place...

therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 therealmcc0y
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="crunchUK"]

~WHAT~

-GhostMLD-

multiplayer for one.

Plus the sales....meaning that 8 million+ thought the game would be worth their time and money. I can tell u now the same number wont think the same towards KZ2.

they said 50% of the game is MP

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -GhostMLD-

[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]KZ 2 is on PS3. thats all I need to know to hate on it. AgentA-Mi6

thx for supporting Games for Windows LIVE. Hermits wouldnt take to kindly to you buying a PC Live game.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -GhostMLD-
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="crunchUK"]

~WHAT~

therealmcc0y

multiplayer for one.

lol what does that even mean?

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thrones

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]KZ 2 is on PS3. thats all I need to know to hate on it. -GhostMLD-

thx for supporting Games for Windows LIVE. Hermits wouldnt take to kindly to you buying a PC Live game.

How much stock do you hold in Microsoft, exactly?
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

-GhostMLD-

what does that even mean? The SP is the meat of any game, with MP complementing it.

That's certainly not the case for the Halo 1 and 2. The multiplayer has always been bigger and better since the original IMO.

citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 citizen-zero
Means this....Level one is single player, Level two is Online, and so on.....
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

I feel, for the effort, money & time; this game reps for Sony, as does Too Human reps to MS.

Should be interesting over the next few Years to see how these titles & devs pan out. ;)