The SW Game - 2013 Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Clock-w0rk (Cow): I bet that Ni No Kuni will scoreAA on Gamespot; I will hype Wii U Fit in every single one of my posts for 1 week if my prediction fails.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#52 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Shadowchronicle (Hermit): I bet that DmC: Devil May Cry will score a 8.0 or 8.5 at Gamespot; I will wear a sig of someone's choosing (First person to choose sig for me in this thread) for one week if my prediction fails. Shadowchronicle (Hermit): I bet that Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will score a 6.0 or 6.5 at Gamespot; I will wear avatar of someone's choosing (First person to choose avatar for me in this thread) for one week if my prediction fails.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

PhazonBlazer (Sheep): I predict that DMC will score a 7.0 or 7.5. If I'm wrong, I will let someone choose for me a sig/avy combo for one week.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Theguardian03 (sheep): i bet that Ni no kuni will get a 7.0, i will wear a lesbian anime avatar and sig for a week if my bet fails.

TheGuardian03

You will fail :x

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

Theguardian03 (sheep): i bet that Ni no kuni will get a 7.0, i will wear a lesbian anime avatar and sig for a week if my bet fails.

Sagem28

You'd like that wouldn't you.

>.>

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Sagem28

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

Goyoshi12

You'd like that wouldn't you.

>.>

Yes, yes I would :evil:

[spoiler] I wanna see that avatar sig combo :oops: [/spoiler]

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

TheGuardian03
May I pick it out if you fail, I have something in mind, perhaps?
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Desmonic (Cow): I bet that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will get a score of AA (8.0 or 8.5)here at Gamespot; I will make a thread explaining why Kinecimals is the best game to ever grace any console/system and also use any avatar+signature my fellow System Warriors choose (first come, first served) if I fail.

^^

Is this good? Also, just a quick question: I own a PS3+Vita but also play some games on PC (Dragon Age, ME and a couple more). However I'm not a blatant fanboy of Sony, sure I like their products (obviously) but I don't own any other consoles simply because I don't have the money for it (even keeping the Vita is proving a bit expensive as of now). Do I still rate as a cow or something else?

Desmonic

Sounds fine.

The faction naming isn't the same as what one would label as a, for example, lemming or cow. It's simply used a reference for which system you prefer the most and generally side by. It doesn't mean you're like SNIPER, LosingEnds, or Kuraimen. :P

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

All bets are currently updated.

Goyoshi12 (Hermit): I bet Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will recieve a score between 7.5 and 8.5; should I fail I will wear ispeakfacts' avy as well as sig for two weeks.

Goyoshi12

For the score, you have to keep it to a specific prediction (like 7.5) or general A, or AA hype.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#60 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I'll do something a little more intersting.

AmayaPapaya (Sheep): I bet that Pikmin 3 will outscore Last of Us (unless it gets a 10, in which case it will match it)]; I will not post for a week if my prediction fails.

I would do something a bit more drastic, but May 7 is around where I think I'll have some important midterms and Pikmin 3 might have an unlucky release date as well. I'd rather not have to worry about doing anything :P

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12 (Hermit): I bet Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will recieve a score between 7.5 and 8.5; should I fail I will wear ispeakfacts' avy as well as sig for two weeks.

Stevo_the_gamer

For the score, you have to keep it to a specific prediction (like 7.5) or general A, or AA hype.

Damn. Alright, edited.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

Damn. Alright, edited.

Makes it more challenging. :D
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

You have failed.:P

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Clock-w0rk (Cow): I bet that DMC will score A on Gamespot; I will quote The Rock's wrestling lines in every post for 1 week if my prediction fails.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#66 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

Slashless (Sheep): I bet that South Park The Stick of Truth will score AA on here. If I'm wrong I'll write a sexual fanfiction about Mass Effect

Slashless (Sheep): I bet that Metal Gear Revengeance will score AA. If I'm wrong I'll incorporate MGS quotes in to all of my SW posts for two weeks.

Slashless (Sheep): I bet nothing will be revealed about HL3 at E3 this year. If I'm wrong I will write apology letters to Adobe, Casey, and Game for making fun of them on a constant basis.

whiskeystrike (cow): I bet that Tales of Xillia will score AAAE. Should it not, I will create a thread in SW describing why the Tales series is bad and will also display the avy/sig of someone's choosing for a week, first come, first serve.

whiskeystrike

I call this one.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Shadowchronicle

Clock-w0rk (Cow): I bet that DMC will score A on Gamespot; I will quote The Rock's wrestling lines in every post for 1 week if my prediction fails.

Clock-w0rk
Added clock-work's bet realized that the games Slashless chose won't be released within a month's time.
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Shadowchronicle

Biggest changes from previous SWG are the following new rules:

1. Group Bets can involve a maximum of four participants.
  2. The maximum time duration for a punishment is one month and the minimum is one week.
  3. Sales bets areNOTallowed.
  4. Bets will be VOID if a month passes past release of the game, and no review is present.

As always friends, take care to the format.

Stevo_the_gamer
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#69 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

Added clock-work's bet realized that the games Slashless chose won't be released within a month's time.shadowchronicle

didn't stop you from putting God of War, Tales of Xillia and Tomb Raider.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#70 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

2. The maximum time duration for a punishment is one month and the minimum is one week.
  4. Bets will be VOID if a month passes past release of the game, and no review is present.

shadowchronicle

Stevo wanted me to clarify this.

If the bet is predicting the score the game will receive from Gamespot, the bet will be void if there is no score a month after the game is released.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Shadowchronicle

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Added clock-work's bet realized that the games Slashless chose won't be released within a month's time.Slashless

didn't stop you from putting God of War, Tales of Xillia and Tomb Raider.

That wasn't me, Slashless.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

Kuromino

Stevo wanted me to clarify this.

If the bet is predicting the score the game will receive from Gamespot, the bet will be void if there is no score a month after the game is released.

What about if I (or anyone else) makes a bet on the fact that it WON'T recieve a score (like my Doom 3 BFG bet)? Is that still acceptable or not?

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Shadowchronicle

Slashless (Sheep): I bet that South Park The Stick of Truth will score AA on here. If I'm wrong I'll write a sexual fanfiction about Mass Effect

Slashless (Sheep): I bet that Metal Gear Revengeance will score AA. If I'm wrong I'll incorporate MGS quotes in to all of my SW posts for two weeks.

Slashless

Added in these two bets not sure about the E3 bet since this year's SW game is a little bit different.
Slashless (Sheep): I bet nothing will be revealed about HL3 at E3 this year. If I'm wrong I will write apology letters to Adobe, Casey, and Game for making fun of them on a constant basis.Slashless
Hey kuromino if you don't mind telling me how do we organize bet like these predicting the outcome of events like E3?

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#75 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

What about if I (or anyone else) makes a bet on the fact that it WON'T recieve a score (like my Doom 3 BFG bet)? Is that still acceptable or not?

Goyoshi12

You will probably want to ask Stevo about that one. I get the feeling he'd want to avoid these kinds of bets altogether.

Hey kuromino if you don't mind telling me how do we organize bet like these predicting the outcome of events like E3?

shadowchronicle

Last year, bets like that were put under "Misc. Bets".

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Shadowchronicle
Slashless (Sheep): I bet nothing will be revealed about HL3 at E3 this year. If I'm wrong I will write apology letters to Adobe, Casey, and Game for making fun of them on a constant basis.Slashless
Added this one in Slashless.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Goyoshi12
I'm currently inclined to say no to betting on the possible absence of a review.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Desmonic

I'm currently inclined to say no to betting on the possible absence of a review.

How about you make it void if there is no review? As in if user X bets game Y will NOT get Z score, he will only win or lose the bet if there is a GS review in the maximum time of one month (for example). If not the bet simply becomes void... similar to the rules you have now basically :P What do you think?

The current process is making it void if there is no review. Goyoshi wants to bet on Gamespot not reviewing a certain game, which is hard to nail down because of the variability in GS's reviewing policies. Sometimes they review games months down the line; and sometimes they don't.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Desmonic"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]I'm currently inclined to say no to betting on the possible absence of a review. Stevo_the_gamer

How about you make it void if there is no review? As in if user X bets game Y will NOT get Z score, he will only win or lose the bet if there is a GS review in the maximum time of one month (for example). If not the bet simply becomes void... similar to the rules you have now basically :P What do you think?

The current process is making it void if there is no review. Goyoshi wants to bet on Gamespot not reviewing a certain game, which is hard to nail down because of the variability in GS's reviewing policies. Sometimes they review games months down the line; and sometimes they don't.

Speaking of which: They never reviewed the PC version of BioShock 2, did they?

Man, GS is weird with their policies sometimes.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

TheGuardian03
I can help you with sig-making.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 funsohng
I got a question: when making a bet about, say, a Nintendo game, but I've been playing games more on PC lately, do I label myself as Hermit or Sheep?
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Sagem28

I got a question: when making a bet about, say, a Nintendo game, but I've been playing games more on PC lately, do I label myself as Hermit or Sheep?funsohng

Doesn't really matter I think.

Since you're playing mostly on the PC, I would go with hermit.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 funsohng
funsohng (hermit): "I bet that Fire Emblem: Awakening will receive AAAE; I will use the word "sex" or any variation of the word, or any other synonyms that hold the same meaning (sexy, sexually, c'ex, coitus, love-making, baby-producing, to reproduce joyously, etc) at least once and make the said word or words in bold characters in every post I make for two weeks if my prediction fails." Is the punishment alright? No ToU infringement? Too inappropriate? Not funny enough? Just overall bad?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Speaking of which: They never reviewed the PC version of BioShock 2, did they?

Man, GS is weird with their policies sometimes.

Goyoshi12

There's a number of games Gamespot doesn't review. They lack the manpower/time to hit every game, or every multiplatform version. :[

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

I got a question: when making a bet about, say, a Nintendo game, but I've been playing games more on PC lately, do I label myself as Hermit or Sheep?funsohng
Why does it matter what game you're betting on? Your faction is the game system you align with the most--whichever system you prefer the most. It doesn't mean you have to hate the other platforms and it also doesn't mean you're a blind devoted fan gobbling up everything from the inanimate object's corporate entity.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 funsohng

[QUOTE="funsohng"]I got a question: when making a bet about, say, a Nintendo game, but I've been playing games more on PC lately, do I label myself as Hermit or Sheep?Stevo_the_gamer

Why does it matter what game you're betting on? Your faction is the game system you align with the most--whichever system you prefer the most. It doesn't mean you have to hate the other platforms and it also doesn't mean you're a blind devoted fan gobbling up everything from the inanimate object's corporate entity.

Ok I see By the way, did I do the bet correctly?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="funsohng"]I got a question: when making a bet about, say, a Nintendo game, but I've been playing games more on PC lately, do I label myself as Hermit or Sheep?funsohng

It looks fine with me--of course, with respect to the ToU, it's all about how you end up using the words. :P
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Why does it matter what game you're betting on? Your faction is the game system you align with the most--whichever system you prefer the most. It doesn't mean you have to hate the other platforms and it also doesn't mean you're a blind devoted fan gobbling up everything from the inanimate object's corporate entity.Stevo_the_gamer

It looks fine with me--of course, with respect to the ToU, it's all about how you end up using the words. :P

Well it would be mostly innuendos. Nothing too serious.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="funsohng"]I got a question: when making a bet about, say, a Nintendo game, but I've been playing games more on PC lately, do I label myself as Hermit or Sheep?Sagem28

Better question is, can I have (Manticore) in my upcoming bet of awesomness..
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"]I got a question: when making a bet about, say, a Nintendo game, but I've been playing games more on PC lately, do I label myself as Hermit or Sheep?ArisShadows

No.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Stevo_the_gamer

No.

But.. Stevo even in the original rules it is stated Manticore.. is fine.. Else, I starting my own SW Bets with h**kers and blackjack..
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"] Better question is, can I have (Manticore) in my upcoming bet of awesomness..

No.

But.. Stevo even in the original rules it is stated Manticore.. is fine.. Else, I starting my own SW Bets with h**kers and blackjack..

No.
melissasoua3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 melissasoua3
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I think they may get a wildcard. Never know with this team...
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle (Hermit): I bet that Dead Space 3 will receive an 9.0; I will wear a signature of anyone's choosing (First person to choose sig for me in this thread) for a week if my prediction fails.
MiguelAbuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#100 MiguelAbuel
Member since 2009 • 207 Posts

MiguelAbuel (Migo) I think that Pokemon X and Y will get at least an 8.0. If my prediction fails I would allow you to flood my inbox.