The PS3 is failing

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tommy12321
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts

The ps3 is still getting beat out by the 360 and wii each month in NA, even with both of them still having more consoles sold. And the worst part is, it's going to be a long time before that changes. More PS3's will start selling once the big games come in, but those aren't coming.

Gears of war sold a huge amount of consoles for 360 and zelda is selling lots of wii's.. But when is the PS3's big hitter coming? Next year? "but lair, heavenly sword, etc etc etc." None of those games are receiving the hype from game sites that gears of war got. I think it's safe to say that by the time the PS3 FINALLY gets something good, halo 3, forza 2, GTA4, super mario galaxy, metroid, SSBB, and more will have the 360 too far ahead of the ps3.

A price drop right now would really help the PS3 out but Sony is much too arrogant to do that. Instead, they're slipping the $499 ps3 out and introducing the 80GB PS3.. Real smart of them eh? I cannot see how the PS3 can recover from such an awful start. If you're planning on buying a PS3 it's probably the smartest idea to wait and see how it turns out in the near future..

legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 legalize3
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts
ps2 also sold very poor in its first year it even got outsold by the dreamcast you do know what happend there do you?
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

The ps3 is still getting beat out by the 360 and wii each month in NA, even with both of them still having more consoles sold. And the worst part is, it's going to be a long time before that changes. More PS3's will start selling once the big games come in, but those aren't coming.

Gears of war sold a huge amount of consoles for 360 and zelda is selling lots of wii's.. But when is the PS3's big hitter coming? Next year? "but lair, heavenly sword, etc etc etc." None of those games are receiving the hype from game sites that gears of war got. I think it's safe to say that by the time the PS3 FINALLY gets something good, halo 3, forza 2, GTA4, super mario galaxy, metroid, SSBB, and more will have the 360 too far ahead of the ps3.

A price drop right now would really help the PS3 out but Sony is much too arrogant to do that. Instead, they're slipping the $499 ps3 out and introducing the 80GB PS3.. Real smart of them eh? I cannot see how the PS3 can recover from such an awful start. If you're planning on buying a PS3 it's probably the smartest idea to wait and see how it turns out in the near future..

tommy12321
The 360 sells well in NA and thats it. IT sells OK at best in Europe and poor in Japan. The PS3 sells consistantly in ALL THREE regions. And what makes you think hype equals sales of a game. Yes Gears sold well but it hardly sold a ton of 360s like you wanna believe, what happened was people with 360 bought it but it didnt bring a whole new audience to the 360. NG for the Xbox got alot hype and weak sales. And the funny thing is you hype froza but you forget last gen it didnt make a big splash and GTA 4 is on both consoles at the same time.
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tommy12321
ps2 also sold very poor in its first year it even got outsold by the dreamcast you do know what happend there do you? legalize3
Yes, but the ps2 was not $600.
Avatar image for flashattackfina
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flashattackfina
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
no one can predict the future
cutmaclass1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 cutmaclass1
Member since 2004 • 1611 Posts
And the funny thing is you hype froza but you forget last gen it didnt make a big splash and GTA 4 is on both consoles at the same time. Javy03
Actually, Forza made a huge splash. Many publications said it was better than GTA4.
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
this thread fails because there are over 1000 similar threads all claiming the ps3 has failed. Gimme a break its a 5 month old system. Talk about it in 2 years and maybe you have an argument
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 legalize3

[QUOTE="legalize3"]ps2 also sold very poor in its first year it even got outsold by the dreamcast you do know what happend there do you? tommy12321

my ipod is look how it sells 

peeviness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 peeviness
Member since 2004 • 2023 Posts

[QUOTE="legalize3"]ps2 also sold very poor in its first year it even got outsold by the dreamcast you do know what happend there do you? tommy12321

It sure felt like $600 when it was released. 

tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tommy12321
[QUOTE="Javy03"] The 360 sells well in NA and thats it. IT sells OK at best in Europe and poor in Japan. The PS3 sells consistantly in ALL THREE regions. And what makes you think hype equals sales of a game. Yes Gears sold well but it hardly sold a ton of 360s like you wanna believe, what happened was people with 360 bought it but it didnt bring a whole new audience to the 360. NG for the Xbox got alot hype and weak sales. And the funny thing is you hype froza but you forget last gen it didnt make a big splash and GTA 4 is on both consoles at the same time.

The PS3 sells "consistantly" in all three regions? I think you meant, the PS3 sells consistantly very little consoles in all three regions. Go look at the number of 360's sold during the time of gears of war's release. You'll see a huge spike in sales.. Yes I know GTA4 is on both consoles, but both consoles do not cost $600.. Both consoles do not have halo 3.. There's an obvious choice, and a ridiculous choice.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

ps2 also sold very poor in its first year it even got outsold by the dreamcast you do know what happend there do you? legalize3

Well the XBox 360 isn't the Dreamcast. The XBox 360 probably have about 4x's more developers support then the Dreamcast had. That's a huge difference. Also, the PS2 launched before the XBox, so it really didn't have any competition. SEGA's Saturn didn't sell that great, so people knew that the Dreamcast wasn't going to sell millions immediately. SEGA had a niche following, while the original Playstation had millions of casual gamers and many hardcore games. All those people followed when the PS2 was released. History doesn't always repeat itself. Sony lost a lot of casual gamers when they launched the PS3 for $600. People wondered why the Wii sold like crazy. Many of the casual PS2 fans bought a Wii instead, especially in Japan.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Funny, I heard it was the other way around because everyone was being a hopeless fanboy and waiting for the PS2 instead of enjoying the Sega Dreamcast's AAA titles. :( Sony's smear campaigns didn't help much either, especially since Sega didn't have the funds to really combat these anti-marketing campaigns. Nowadays, Sony is combating against Nintendo *and* Microsoft, both of which have significantly more funds and can debunk Sony's FUD more readily.
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tommy12321
this thread fails because there are over 1000 similar threads all claiming the ps3 has failed. Gimme a break its a 5 month old system. Talk about it in 2 years and maybe you have an argumentwhodeysay85
FailING, not failed..I'm stating how it's failing, ignore the threads saying it failed, those are fanboy threads.
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tommy12321

[QUOTE="tommy12321"][QUOTE="legalize3"]ps2 also sold very poor in its first year it even got outsold by the dreamcast you do know what happend there do you? legalize3

my ipod is look how it sells 

Yes but your ipod actually has good games.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Who cares. That thing sucks.
FateStayNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FateStayNight
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="tommy12321"]

Javy03
The 360 sells well in NA and thats it. IT sells OK at best in Europe and poor in Japan. The PS3 sells consistantly in ALL THREE regions. And what makes you think hype equals sales of a game. Yes Gears sold well but it hardly sold a ton of 360s like you wanna believe, what happened was people with 360 bought it but it didnt bring a whole new audience to the 360. NG for the Xbox got alot hype and weak sales. And the funny thing is you hype froza but you forget last gen it didnt make a big splash and GTA 4 is on both consoles at the same time.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed it would sell poorly in Japan. Thats interesting.
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 legalize3

[QUOTE="tommy12321"][QUOTE="legalize3"]ps2 also sold very poor in its first year it even got outsold by the dreamcast you do know what happend there do you? peeviness

It sure felt like $600 when it was released.

hell ya everyone was complaining how expensive it was....

see i know a beutiful story about the past ill share it with you it was just like the naysayers we have now in 2006/07

the ps2 wont sell, its not the top dog anymore, its to expensive, dreamcast will kill it it has better graphics, dreamcast has better games what does ps2 have, you cant even go online with ps2, ps2 loosing exclusives to dreamcast, install base of dreamcast is bigger, making games on ps2 is just to expensive, i dont care about dvd i have vhs, its to difficult to make games on ps2 bla bla bla bla.......

on and on and on

packernation31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 packernation31
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts
the ps3 is in a deathtrap, surrounded by the 360 and the wii. theyll never recover, even if the price drop happens, the 360 and wii has more value
kingofmaggots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kingofmaggots
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"]And the funny thing is you hype froza but you forget last gen it didnt make a big splash and GTA 4 is on both consoles at the same time. cutmaclass1
Actually, Forza made a huge splash. Many publications said it was better than GTA4.

holy crap this is like sig worthy dude,i think your thinking of gran turismo
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 flashattackfina

codezer0 when did nintendo ever have more funds than sony remember sony does more stuff than just games

plus how can a five month system fail

tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tommy12321
The only thing saving the PS3 now is blu ray. If SOMEHOW people decide to stick with such a small upgrade for such a high price, then it might start picking up sales. But I don't see HD-DVD or blu ray replacing DVD any time soon.
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 legalize3

The only thing saving the PS3 now is blu ray. If SOMEHOW people decide to stick with such a small upgrade for such a high price, then it might start picking up sales. But I don't see HD-DVD or blu ray replacing DVD any time soon.tommy12321

i guess you said the same when dvd got introduced didnt you ?

''idont see dvd replacing vhs anytime soon''

i bet you did 

flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 flashattackfina
how can the 360 win if it still failing in japan
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 legalize3

oh besides the wii ?

your kidding me the ps3 eye toy will instantly kill the wii

quote me on that 

tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tommy12321

[QUOTE="tommy12321"]The only thing saving the PS3 now is blu ray. If SOMEHOW people decide to stick with such a small upgrade for such a high price, then it might start picking up sales. But I don't see HD-DVD or blu ray replacing DVD any time soon.legalize3

i bet you did 

What an innaccurate comparison.. VHS - DVD was a HUGE upgrade. DVD - BLU RAY (or HD-DVD for that matter) is a small upgrade, for an enormous price Any more assumptions you'd like to make?
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 flashattackfina
to win the war must you must good amount in the market
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tommy12321
how can the 360 if it still failing the japan flashattackfina
I'll still get my western developed exclusives games. I guess that means gamers in Japan will get fewer Japan exclusive games.
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 legalize3
[QUOTE="legalize3"]

[QUOTE="tommy12321"]The only thing saving the PS3 now is blu ray. If SOMEHOW people decide to stick with such a small upgrade for such a high price, then it might start picking up sales. But I don't see HD-DVD or blu ray replacing DVD any time soon.tommy12321

i bet you did

What an innaccurate comparison..
VHS - DVD was a HUGE upgrade.
DVD - BLU RAY (or HD-DVD for that matter) is a small upgrade, for an enormous price

Any more assumptions you'd like to make?

enormous price you kidding me ?

i bet you havent seen a blu-ray movie....!1

tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tommy12321
to win the war must you must good amount in the marketflashattackfina
To communicate well with others, you must use proper english.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
[QUOTE="tommy12321"][QUOTE="Javy03"] The 360 sells well in NA and thats it. IT sells OK at best in Europe and poor in Japan. The PS3 sells consistantly in ALL THREE regions. And what makes you think hype equals sales of a game. Yes Gears sold well but it hardly sold a ton of 360s like you wanna believe, what happened was people with 360 bought it but it didnt bring a whole new audience to the 360. NG for the Xbox got alot hype and weak sales. And the funny thing is you hype froza but you forget last gen it didnt make a big splash and GTA 4 is on both consoles at the same time.

The PS3 sells "consistantly" in all three regions? I think you meant, the PS3 sells consistantly very little consoles in all three regions. Go look at the number of 360's sold during the time of gears of war's release. You'll see a huge spike in sales.. Yes I know GTA4 is on both consoles, but both consoles do not cost $600.. Both consoles do not have halo 3.. There's an obvious choice, and a ridiculous choice.

You mean the huge spike of CHRISTMAS. It sells well in the Japan, NA, and Europe. How long did it take the 360 to get Gears. The PS3 has alot of big games coming out in alot of different Genres along with multiplats.
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 flashattackfina
tommy12321  for the 360 to win it must have a percentage in all market regions which it  is lacking in japan
KzerXtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KzerXtreme
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
Hardcores appreciate the PS3's tech over the 360.  The price is worth it to the audio/videophiles, plus you don't have to worry about add ons or elite versions.  Problem is these people make up a tiny minority.  Most of the gaming market will still game with a SDTV or 720p even if they have a HDTV. 
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
And this is a news flash to who exactly ???:|
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tommy12321
[QUOTE="tommy12321"][QUOTE="legalize3"]

[QUOTE="tommy12321"]The only thing saving the PS3 now is blu ray. If SOMEHOW people decide to stick with such a small upgrade for such a high price, then it might start picking up sales. But I don't see HD-DVD or blu ray replacing DVD any time soon.legalize3

i bet you did

DVD - BLU RAY (or HD-DVD for that matter) is a small upgrade, for an enormous price

You don't think blu ray has a huge price tag on it? you can get a DVD player for about $30.. What can you get a blu ray player for? $600? Yeah I guess you're right blu ray isn't that much more than DVD.
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 legalize3

And this is a news flash to who exactly ???:|cyprus646

this is a newsflash for wii owners who gets destroyed by the new eye toy 

tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tommy12321
tommy12321  for the 360 to win it must have a percentage in all market regions which it  is lacking in japanflashattackfina
Which is why I don't think the 360 win. 1) Wii 2) 360 3) PS3 (For the same reason you gave why the 360 won't win)
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tommy12321

[QUOTE="cyprus646"]And this is a news flash to who exactly ???:|legalize3

Yep I bet :roll:
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 legalize3
[QUOTE="legalize3"][QUOTE="tommy12321"][QUOTE="legalize3"]

[QUOTE="tommy12321"]The only thing saving the PS3 now is blu ray. If SOMEHOW people decide to stick with such a small upgrade for such a high price, then it might start picking up sales. But I don't see HD-DVD or blu ray replacing DVD any time soon.tommy12321

i bet you did

You don't think blu ray has a huge price tag on it? you can get a DVD player for about $30.. What can you get a blu ray player for? $600? Yeah I guess you're right blu ray isn't that much more than DVD.

you can get sdtvs for 10 dollars still people buy hdtvs, and a chummygum for 2 cents

you are loosing control stay focused 

flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flashattackfina
you just prove why 360 won't win and when did i say the ps3 is going win
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tommy12321
[QUOTE="tommy12321"][QUOTE="legalize3"][QUOTE="tommy12321"][QUOTE="legalize3"]

i bet you did

you can get sdtvs for 10 dollars still people buy hdtvs, and a chummygum for 2 cents

you are loosing control stay focused 

And the difference is that people are buying HDTV's, but people aren't buying blu ray players and PS3's.
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 flashattackfina
cyprus646 your icon already tells me who you think to going win
Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts

Exactly, the PS3 is selling very well considering the price point...
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tommy12321
you just prove why 360 won't win and when did i say the ps3 is going winflashattackfina
When did I accuse you of saying the PS3 is going to win?
badassriddick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 badassriddick
Member since 2004 • 183 Posts

Ok here I am...the average Joe Bloggs on the street.  Ive got a 360 and I have a Ps2 (well its pink and belongs to my wee girl but dont reallly matter)

There HAS to be a killer game on the PS3 that makes me wanna buy it

tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tommy12321
Exactly, the PS3 is selling very well considering the price point...Goku004
What?!! That's news to me and the rest of the world.
tommy12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tommy12321

Ok here I am...the average Joe Bloggs on the street.  Ive got a 360 and I have a Ps2 (well its pink and belongs to my wee girl but dont reallly matter)

badassriddick
There will be, but it's not coming for a long time..
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts

[QUOTE="cyprus646"]And this is a news flash to who exactly ???:|legalize3

Addons always fail
flashattackfina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 flashattackfina
i saying the only the 360 is going to win if it a lot of percentage from japan
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 legalize3
[QUOTE="badassriddick"]

Ok here I am...the average Joe Bloggs on the street. Ive got a 360 and I have a Ps2 (well its pink and belongs to my wee girl but dont reallly matter)

tommy12321

There will be, but it's not coming for a long time..

oh really you are not a sony pr are you ?

you lost the focus tommy