The PS3 has yet to get an AAA exclusive...

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
The 30 has 2 (I believe) and the Wii has one. The PS3's first AAA was a year old and slightly updated port. The 360's first one came "at launch" as well. So cows when's that AAA coming?
Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Overthrow
Member since 2004 • 7025 Posts
When is FFXIII coming out? Gamespot are notorious FF fanboys.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Why doesn't anybody count GRAW as a 360 exclusive? The other versions are completely different games, and vastly inferior. >_>
Ganon_919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ganon_919
Member since 2007 • 2016 Posts

just wait!

oh dear... :?

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 krunkmastax

Why doesn't anybody count GRAW as a 360 exclusive? The other versions are completely different games, and vastly inferior. >_>PannicAtack

Exclusive means only on "one" platform thats why. 

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 krunkmastax

just wait!

Ganon_919

Till what? MGS4? FF13? White Knight Story? As far as I've heard those are all slated for 2008. 

gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

Why doesn't anybody count GRAW as a 360 exclusive? The other versions are completely different games, and vastly inferior. >_>PannicAtack

Same name on a different platform doesn't equal an exclusive. Certainly the best version; but not exclusive. 

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

well if you wanted to nitpick

the ps3 still hasnt had an AAE since resistance...

its two AE's are still racers...

and it only has 1 superior scoring multiplat... 

Ganon_919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ganon_919
[QUOTE="Ganon_919"]

just wait!

KrunkMastaX

Till what? MGS4? FF13? White Knight Story? As far as I've heard those are all slated for 2008. 

I have no idea...

but hopefully it'll be soon...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Why does it matter? It is all down to personal preference. What if someone does not like any of the AAA games on the 360?
OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
so basically the ps3 is coming out in 2008??????
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
That matters no place but here on this stupid forum. In reality is has a few top quality exclusives and some good multiplats. PDZ in no reasonable logic deserved 9.0 if Resistance got less.....it was really a full year with Gears that 360 got an exclusive AAA deserving game. PS3 is getting a bunch of great exclusives this fall and no doubt at least one will be AAA.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
I can see Ninja Gaiden Sigma being the first AAA exclusive. If not that... It probably won't be until August or September until the first AAA exclusive.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 voxware00

Why does it matter? It is all down to personal preference. What if someone does not like any of the AAA games on the 360?foxhound_fox

then they have AAE's and AE's to fall back on

but with the ps3.. theres only three exclusives.. two being racers

so... that doesn't sound like much more variety

Lair and NGS are the only things coming out soon(NGS having the edge here, considering lair is more of a rental)

drakes, heavenly sword, and mgs seem to be the only real AAA candidates

then theres ratchet, socom, warhawk, tekken6, blahblah

"and plenty of other sites already have 1-2 AAA exclusives for the PS3. It's all a matter of opinion."

ie: meaning they gave motorstorm.. a racer with no split screen... AAA... credible stuff

please don't tell us ps3 has "some" AAA games

theres resistance... we can agree that's superior to PDZ... but motorstorm? you're risking your credibility... and when theres only 3 exclusives... you're not listing anything other than the obvious 

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Who knows, but in the meantime the system still has several awesome titles to enjoy. Having 1-2 AAA games is really nothing to brag about after being on the market nearly 2 yrs and most of that time being the only next gen system available. Still, for a lot of ppl the 360 remains enjoyable b/c A-AA titles are still fun to play. I don't buy games based on GS opinions... and plenty of other sites already have 1-2 AAA exclusives for the PS3. It's all a matter of opinion. It's like saying that Mass Effect won't be great if it doesn't score AAA. The title looks epic. I'm expecting a great story. Should be fun to play (as long as they avoid the repetitiveness of Jade Empire!). So it should be fun no matter the score. Same with Bioshock... doesn't look AAA to me but should still be fun.
purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts
In the outside world, PS3 already has some AAA games.
evilbarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 evilbarbarian
Member since 2005 • 3883 Posts
Sadly, probably FFXIII, imo. I just can't see any of the PS3's other awesome games quite hitting AAA. R&C and Uncharted I see getting high AA, Heavenly Sword low AA.
EdVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 EdVader
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts
If you haven't noticed yet... The PS3 hasn't been out too long. Give 'em some fricking time, you act like if they don't get an AAA right away, it's garbage. When really just because Gamespot says it's good, doesn't mean you wont hate it, and if Gamespot says a game is bad, it doesn't mean you can't love the game. So basically, just because Gamespot says something got a good rating and it's a good game, really doesn't mean anything. This AAA crap can just stop, because consoles are your personal opinion of what games you'd like to have, and the visuals you'd like to play them by, and the games are solely your choice on whether they are good or not.
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 krunkmastax

If you haven't noticed yet... The PS3 hasn't been out too long. Give 'em some fricking time, you act like if they don't get an AAA right away, it's garbage. When really just because Gamespot says it's good, doesn't mean you wont hate it, and if Gamespot says a game is bad, it doesn't mean you can't love the game. So basically, just because Gamespot says something got a good rating and it's a good game, really doesn't mean anything. This AAA crap can just stop, because consoles are your personal opinion of what games you'd like to have, and the visuals you'd like to play them by, and the games are solely your choice on whether they are good or not.EdVader

I was just asking a question. Nowhere did I say the PS3 was useless because it doesn't have an AAA exclusive yet. 

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
How sad, you are not playing your AAA on the 360 or Wii and instead roaming the GS forums.  If I had a ps3, I would be too busy enjoying it instead of posting a meaningless topic.
chrisdojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 chrisdojo
Member since 2005 • 5065 Posts
poor poor ps3 owners. spent all that $$$ for nothing.
Flame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Flame1
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts

The 30 has 2 (I believe) and the Wii has one. The PS3's first AAA was a year old and slightly updated port. The 360's first one came "at launch" as well. So cows when's that AAA coming?KrunkMastaX

uncharted 

Flame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flame1

The 30 has 2 (I believe) and the Wii has one. The PS3's first AAA was a year old and slightly updated port. The 360's first one came "at launch" as well. So cows when's that AAA coming?KrunkMastaX

heavenly sword 

El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts

I can see Ninja Gaiden Sigma being the first AAA exclusive. If not that... It probably won't be until August or September until the first AAA exclusive. Not-A-Stalker

Except ninja gaiden is not an exclusive. if you call that an exclusive then so is GRAW 

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

Sigma. 

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

If you haven't noticed yet... The PS3 hasn't been out too long. Give 'em some fricking time, you act like if they don't get an AAA right away, it's garbage. When really just because Gamespot says it's good, doesn't mean you wont hate it, and if Gamespot says a game is bad, it doesn't mean you can't love the game. So basically, just because Gamespot says something got a good rating and it's a good game, really doesn't mean anything. This AAA crap can just stop, because consoles are your personal opinion of what games you'd like to have, and the visuals you'd like to play them by, and the games are solely your choice on whether they are good or not.EdVader

it's been six months. 

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Not-A-Stalker

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]I can see Ninja Gaiden Sigma being the first AAA exclusive. If not that... It probably won't be until August or September until the first AAA exclusive. El_Fanboy

Except ninja gaiden is not an exclusive. if you call that an exclusive then so is GRAW

What? :| See, when I look on Gamespots "Ninja Gaiden Sigma" page, it says that it is a PS3 exclusive. But when I look at the GRAW1 and GRAW2 pages, I see  360, PS3, PSP and PC.

Self owned. :| 

El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
[QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]I can see Ninja Gaiden Sigma being the first AAA exclusive. If not that... It probably won't be until August or September until the first AAA exclusive. Not-A-Stalker

What? :| See, when I look on Gamespots "Ninja Gaiden Sigma" page, it says that it is a PS3 exclusive. But when I look at the GRAW1 and GRAW2 pages, I see 360, PS3, PSP and PC.

ninja gaiden sigma is a port with a different title. 

Flame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Flame1

warhawk

lair

eye of judgement

socom

8 days

ratchet and clank

all withen the first year. blows the 360s first year away. 

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Not-A-Stalker
[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"][QUOTE="El_Fanboy"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]I can see Ninja Gaiden Sigma being the first AAA exclusive. If not that... It probably won't be until August or September until the first AAA exclusive. El_Fanboy

What? :| See, when I look on Gamespots "Ninja Gaiden Sigma" page, it says that it is a PS3 exclusive. But when I look at the GRAW1 and GRAW2 pages, I see 360, PS3, PSP and PC.

ninja gaiden sigma is a port with a different title.

Wow, it's not a port. :lol: It's a remake of Ninja Gaiden Black. Not a port, a remake. :lol:

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 voxware00

[QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]The 30 has 2 (I believe) and the Wii has one. The PS3's first AAA was a year old and slightly updated port. The 360's first one came "at launch" as well. So cows when's that AAA coming?Flame1

warhawk

lair

eye of judgement

socom

8 days

ratchet and clank

don't tell me this is all AAA hype(or 360 killers for that matter)... especially considering you threw in stuff here we know very little about, and left out anything actually decent

warhawk - multiplayer only, however w/ the amount of maps, it seems like it'll be decent

lair - rental at best... any game you can beat in a day or two of solid gaming doesn't deserve to be owned at 60$

eye of judgement - pinnacle of stupid... really.. you're listing this game as a 360 killer? .. ok

socom - theres TWO socom titles coming out.. one being multiplayer only...

8 days - hyping trailers? why not mention killzone...

ratchet and clank - good shooter, bad platformer...

wheres the mention of tekken6, heavenly sword, ninja gaiden sigma, mgs4, drakes ... if you're gonna list games we know virtually nothing about like 8days, why not start hyping 2008 titles like LBP... or nongames like Home

even with AAAE games aside, just looking at exclusives

sony has offered 3 games that have scored atleast AE or higher... in 6 months

with only 1 multi plat scoring higher on the ps3 than other consoles... even the wii has more 

and yet for some reason, i'm still considering getting a ps3 over a 360 this summer... i don't know why 

archpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 archpro
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts
Who cares, i've played great games for PS3, that I find funner than most other games, it's all personal preference. Gamespot needs raters that actually like the genre and have actually PLAYED NOTHING BUT that genre. Who doesn't like 3rd person shooters?
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 krunkmastax

warhawk

lair

eye of judgement

socom

8 days

ratchet and clank

Flame1

We'll see if those will be out this year. 

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#34 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Why does it even matter? First of all this rating system is based on GS only, and secondly, reviews in general aren't of the utmost importance. Besides, the PS3 is also a Bluray player.
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
lair?
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 krunkmastax

Why does it even matter? First of all this rating system is based on GS only, and secondly, reviews in general aren't of the utmost importance. Besides, the PS3 is also a Bluray player.SolidSnake35

Who gives a rat's ass about Blu Ray SS35? Seriously. 

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidSnake35

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Why does it even matter? First of all this rating system is based on GS only, and secondly, reviews in general aren't of the utmost importance. Besides, the PS3 is also a Bluray player.KrunkMastaX

People who like to watch movies in HD.
hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Why does it even matter? First of all this rating system is based on GS only, and secondly, reviews in general aren't of the utmost importance. Besides, the PS3 is also a Bluray player.KrunkMastaX

People that own a PS3? Don't be so ignorent.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 krunkmastax

People who like to watch movies in HD.SolidSnake35

And what percentage of consumers is that praytell? 

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 krunkmastax

hotdaisy18

Are you saying people  buy a PS3 for Blu Ray movies? :| 

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Why doesn't anybody count GRAW as a 360 exclusive? The other versions are completely different games, and vastly inferior. >_>gtx-1

Same name on a different platform doesn't equal an exclusive. Certainly the best version; but not exclusive. 

They're only the same in the freakin' NAME. They are completely different games. You might as well consider Wand of Gamelon a legitamite entry in the Zelda series. >_>
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SolidSnake35

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]People who like to watch movies in HD.KrunkMastaX

And what percentage of consumers is that praytell?

Wait. I'm saying that Bluray is a plus to those who already have a PS3, and somewhat makes up for the current lack of games. I never said Bluray is going to make people rush out and buy a PS3.
hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hotdaisy18
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]

KrunkMastaX

Are you saying people  buy a PS3 for Blu Ray movies? :| 

If you own a HDTV, like me, then yes. I bought a PS3 not only for the movie playback, but for the games. How more crystal clear is that? Do your research. Know your product. If you buy into an expensive product without knowing what you're getting into, that's your problem.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 krunkmastax

Wait. I'm saying that Bluray is a plus to those who already have a PS3, and somewhat makes up for the current lack of games. I never said Bluray is going to make people rush out and buy a PS3.SolidSnake35

Very well then. I got what you said wrong. Sorry. 

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

resistance

motorstorm 

ninja gaiden sigma

lair

heavenly sword

uncharted drakes forutne

ratchet and clank

socom

im sure all of these are  confirmed for this year not to mention awesome multiplats like burnout5, assassins creed and dmc4.then theres games that havent gotten release dates like mgs4, either of the ff13s, and whiteknight story.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 krunkmastax

If you own a HDTV, like me, then yes. I bought a PS3 not only for the movie playback, but for the games. How more crystal clear is that? Do your research. Know your product. If you buy into an expensive product without knowing what you're getting into, that's your problem.

hotdaisy18

Understood. But where are the games? 

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 krunkmastax

resistance

motorstorm

ninja gaiden sigma

lair

heavenly sword

uncharted drakes forutne

ratchet and clank

socom

im sure all of these are confirmed for this year not to mention awesome multiplats like burnout5, assassins creed and dmc4.then theres games that havent gotten release dates like mgs4, either of the ff13s, and whiteknight story.

AsadMahdi59

Resistance and Motorstorm are already out..and neither are AAA. 

Ganon_919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ganon_919
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]

KrunkMastaX

in development?

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hotdaisy18
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]

KrunkMastaX

They're coming. Sony's Gamer Day proves it. There are some now that people will enjoy. Tekken: DR, Motorstorm, R:FoM, Oblivion, etc. Most people I know are waiting for a particular game before they purchase one. MGS4, FFXIII, Heavenly Sword. There's no wrong in waiting for a game or games that you want.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]

KrunkMastaX

Motorstorm and Resistance are great games. The 360 lacked amazing games at this point, and the Wii is in the same situation as the PS3 at the moment.