The perfect responce from Nintendo regarding Manhunt 2. :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SyluxElite
Member since 2006 • 8950 Posts

Just turn on the Parental Controls!!! :)  Now if anything happens its all on the parents. :wink:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/763/763634p1.html

Very smart move, right?

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
Like parents do their job.

We all know they're going to buy the game for their kids, then when the kids start talking about stabbing people the parents will sue Nintendo.
And the parents will lose.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
There will always be contreversy. It's never the devs fault, i's always the parents fault.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts
Actually, this is old, I posted this up early this morning but no one came :(
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Haven't you ever heard anti-gaming activists: video games are an alternative to parenting, that's why they shouldn't be violent.
acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 acekall
Member since 2003 • 3676 Posts
Like parents do their job.

We all know they're going to buy the game for their kids, then when the kids start talking about stabbing people the parents will sue Nintendo.
And the parents will lose.DireToad
Its like parents are so dumb nowadays. Sometimes I get angry because parents buy their little children 16+ or 18+ games, thats just not right.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Actually, this is old, I posted this up early this morning but no one came :(FireEmblem_Man
Well. You have to strike when the iron is hot! And when the kiddies are home from school. :P
acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 acekall
Member since 2003 • 3676 Posts
Haven't you ever heard anti-gaming activists: video games are an alternative to parenting, that's why they shouldn't be violent. Vyse_The_Daring
videogames arent meant for kids nowadays. The average videogamer is around 34 years. So thats BS. The Wii is not a gameconsole for kiddies, its just a game with a lot of kid-friendly games on it. There should b no problem if there is an M or 18+ game on it.
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SyluxElite

the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..ChipmunkDeluxe
Thanks for your opinion. :)

Edit: Actually 5 M games. Splinter Cell, Far Cry, Godfather, Scarface and this. Though 2 of them already suck you get my jist. :wink:

Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
WHAT????!!?  You mean Parents should accept responsibility for what their children do?  That's terrible, someone should sue Nintendo right now for even suggesting something like that :evil:

In all honesty, it's actually pretty smart of Nintendo to do this.  It both removes responsibility from them, and makes sure worried parent know that they can prevent their kids from doing something when they're not looking.  I mean, I fully believe it should be parents' responsibilities to make sure they know what kind of content their kids are exposed to, but how hard is it for kids to sneak a game from their friends, and play it when their parents aren't home.  Parents really can't be watching their kids 24/7.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..SyluxElite

Edit: Actually 5 M games. Splinter Cell, Far Cry, Godfather, Scarface and this. Though 2 of them already suck you get my jist. :wink:

All ports. nuff said.
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"]

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..ps3-nikita

All ports. nuff said.

Bah. Who cares if there ports. There still games. Play them and forget where they originally came from. :) Don't be so closed minded.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts
What I want to know is who are these parents that are sapposidly all upset about this?  It seems that the media are the only people who think this is a big deal.  I'm a parent and I don't give a hoot that the Wii is getting Manhunt.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts
[QUOTE="DireToad"]Like parents do their job.

And the parents will lose.acekall
Its like parents are so dumb nowadays. Sometimes I get angry because parents buy their little children 16+ or 18+ games, thats just not right.

My mom did it, but she is strict as **** and I'm more in line than any other kid who doesn't play games at all :P
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
the reaction that this game is getting for it being mature means that people do think the Wii was kitty
Berem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Berem
Member since 2003 • 947 Posts
the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..ChipmunkDeluxe
The talk isn't about a mature game coming to Nintendo Wii... its about Rockstar making games for Wii, whatever the game... The fact that you are so obsessed with 'mature' games coming to Wii.. pretty much proves the fact you are simple minded.
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 psycotictaratua

We're not talking about any M game here, we're talking about Manhunt. It's a game where you are a criminal escaping the death penalty, and go on a rampage, brutally murdering anyone who tries to take you down...all for a man whose interest is to make "snuff" films, films of real mutilations, which are sold on the black market.  The game is extremely controversial by nature, not even mentioning the fact that it's made by rockstar, who, due to the Grand Theft Auto and hot coffee mods is extremely controversial to begin with.  Other mature games, such as the Godfather, have caused little stir in coming to the Wii.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]Actually, this is old, I posted this up early this morning but no one came :(Jandurin
Well. You have to strike when the iron is hot! And when the kiddies are home from school. :P

ROFLMAO!!!!

post of the day!!!

:lol:

psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psycotictaratua
the reaction that this game is getting for it being mature means that people do think the Wii was kittypoopinloop32

Not really.  Grand Theft Auto has caused controversy on much more "mature" consoles, and this game, being made by the same company, is much darker and is extremely, brutally violent and gory.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ps3-nikita
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"]

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..SyluxElite

All ports. nuff said.

Bah. Who cares if there ports. There still games. Play them and forget where they priginally came from. :) Don't be so closed minded.

Of course it matters where they came from. When you start gettting more games designed for the wii, that have a mature rating, then you might get some slack on the kiddy image. All your statement proves is that the Wii is a filthy portstation of this generation. The mature titles that appear on the console are an afterthought to make more money. Next point, you dont position urself as the family friendly console, which u know is the reasons alot of mums bought your console in the 1st place. Then have Manhunt on yor console and then try and turn it on the parents. They might as well have bought the 360. Manhunt 1 is worse then any game out on the 360. I have buds of mine who can agree why there was a slight ban on this game in the uk. It can even be considered a snuff game. Now Nintendo want to act like its not an issuse. This is very typical of Nintendo, say 1 thing and mean another. Its worse when you have been playing the family card as lng as they have been.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Well, its only the sequel to one of the most violent games ever created...
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..General_X

Which I never heard about untill this game was released for the Wii...
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"]

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..ps3-nikita

All ports. nuff said.

Bah. Who cares if there ports. There still games. Play them and forget where they priginally came from. :) Don't be so closed minded.

Of course it matters where they came from. When you start gettting more games designed for the wii, that have a mature rating, then you might get some slack on the kiddy image. All your statement proves is that the Wii is a filthy portstation of this generation. The mature titles that appear on the console are an afterthought to make more money. Next point, you dont position urself as the family friendly console, which u know is the reasons alot of mums bought your console in the 1st place. Then have Manhunt on yor console and then try and turn it on the parents. They might as well have bought the 360. Manhunt 1 is worse then any game out on the 360. I have buds of mine who can agree why there was a slight ban on this game in the uk. It can even be considered a snuff game. Now Nintendo want to act like its not an issuse. This is very typical of Nintendo, say 1 thing and mean another. Its worse when you have been playing the family card as lng as they have been.

almost have the people who play video games are not kids on nintendo console there up in 20

next If nintendo so cared so much why did REGGIE go talk to rockstar bringing M games to Nintendo please cleary that with me

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wavebrid

[QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..poopinloop32

its not even out yet :|

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"]

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..wavebrid

All ports. nuff said.

almost have the people who play video games are not kids on nintendo console there up in 20

next If nintendo so cared so much why did REGGIE go talk to rockstar bringing M games to Nintendo please cleary that with me

Becasue GTA sells like ice cream:|You honestly think Reggie went to Rockstar and said"Hey Rockstar...Do you have an mature games availible"?

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 poopinloop32

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..wavebrid

you know what i mean

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 General_X
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"]

All ports. nuff said.

This gen their not just playing the family crowd, they're trying to play everybody, and this includes 17-25 year olds.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wavebrid

One mature game :|

this plenty coming and this dosent prove anything just proves Nintendo can get M rated games as well.

re wii, scareface, god father, sadness, manhunt 2,  spin gta typ game, spillter cell, far cry

all M rated games manhunt 2 could be 18 + as it says in the intervew

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..poopinloop32

you know what i mean

i do sorry though i dont :P of course i do  but dosent change the fact your mess it up

ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ps3-nikita
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"]

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]the fact that theres so much talk over one....ONE...mature game...pretty much proves the fact that Nintendo Wii.....is...the kiddy..General_X

All ports. nuff said.

This gen their not just playing the family crowd, they're trying to play everybody, and this includes 17-25 year olds.

You dont even get it.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 General_X
[QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"]

All ports. nuff said.

You dont even get it.

...? Its not like Nintendo is making the game. And besides, one really violent game isn't going to stop parents from buying the Wii and buying a $600 dollar PS3 or $400 dollar 360...
the_hsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_hsoj
Member since 2006 • 1289 Posts

NIntendo isnt kiddy they tend to have a more "family-oriented " gaming envirement. Which will probaly work out for pretty well becuase my parent  do do there job and dont let me play M games which can be a curse sometimes because i miss out on some good games

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

Look at the majority of its games. It is aimed to allow a younger audience to play games, this also means that it slightly neglects adults.

ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ps3-nikita
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"]

All ports. nuff said.

You dont even get it.

...? Its not like Nintendo is making the game. And besides, one really violent game isn't going to stop parents from buying the Wii and buying a $600 dollar PS3 or $400 dollar 360...

You really dont understand the minds of parents do you. Let me explain this to you. Manhunt was banned in certian family orintated shops, woolworths, whs smiths and many others. This was due to parent pressure power. It made the the news in the Uk and was seen as a game that teaches people how to stalk and kill. You what, as much as I like the 1st game, they are pretty close to being right. If you have seen Killer Net. This game is the closest to the one in tha drama and that programme will never ever been shown on uk tv again. Despite being written by Lynda La Plante who has licence to print tv dramas. It wont be shown again for the same reasons tis game was banned in some shops. a drama like Killer Net can never be made again in this country. It wasnt even that good, but the game elements were as close to a real life Manhunt as you could get. If you dont think the family friendly image and teh illusion of a cheap console didnt sway it for some parents. Then you need to take your head out of the hole its in and look around you. I cant even think of a comerical movie that is even close to the game to compare it with.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]You really dont understand the minds of parents do you. Let me explain this to you. Manhunt was banned in certian family orintated shops, woolworths, whs smiths and many others. This was due to parent pressure power. It made the the news in the Uk and was seen as a game that teaches people how to stalk and kill. You what, as much as I like the 1st game, they are pretty close to being right. If you have seen Killer Net. This game is the closest to the one in tha drama and that programme will never ever been shown on uk tv again. Despite being written by Lynda La Plante who has licence to print tv dramas. It wont be shown again for the same reasons tis game was banned in some shops. a drama like Killer Net can never be made again in this country. It wasnt even that good, but the game elements were as close to a real life Manhunt as you could get. If you dont think the family friendly image and teh illusion of a cheap console didnt sway it for some parents. Then you need to take your head out of the hole its in and look around you. I cant even think of a comerical movie that is even close to the game to compare it with.

The family friendliness of the Wii is that parents can set an age-limit on the Wii, with a personal pin-code. So lets say you have kids at 12-14 yo and you dont want them to play a M or Ao game, then just set the limit to T rating. Now if you as the parent want to play the M or Ao rated game, you can enter your PIN-code when you play it. That was the point of the "Perfect response" regarding Manhunt that this thread started as.