The most fucked up part about TitanFall is..............

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

How much better this awful looking game would look if it were build in Unreal Engine 4 instead of Source engine.

Does TitanFall look like a game that would be better suited for Unreal Engine 4 to anyone else?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I think they care more about performance than graphics

Avatar image for zaire_nxtgen720
Zaire_nxtgen720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Zaire_nxtgen720
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

@lostrib: if u did then u wld be gamin on xbox one

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

...what the **** are you talking about? Learn to read

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

The source engine is a piece of shit. Never liked it. It's light, it's bland...I don't know how to describe it but there's just something about it. The 3d models just look...thin layered...I don't know how to describe it. I've always hated the source engine. Doesn't reflect how I feel about the Half Life games of course

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

The source engine is a piece of shit. Never liked it. It's light, it's bland...I don't know how to describe it but there's just something about it. The 3d models just look...thin layered...I don't know how to describe it. I've always hated the source engine. Doesn't reflect how I feel about the Half Life games of course

Well it's put out some of the best games this past gen, so it's obviously not a piece of shit

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

-4/10

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 John_Matherson

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

Well it's put out some of the best games this past gen, so it's obviously not a piece of shit

I just don't like it. If always feels like there's something missing.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Eww. The less we see of Unreal Engine the better.

Too much of it in use as it is.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

not a fan of unreal engine.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

If it was on the URE4 I doubt the Xbone could run it. LOL But seriously I don't know if the URE4 is optimized enough at this point in time that the PS4 or XBone could run them at 60 fps. If they can I doubt they would look much better then titanfall does now anyway.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I think Titanfall looks good enough. So many great games have been made on that Source engine, it's incredible.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

It's a sloid engine. Really great in terms of how it has been upgraded over the years. I tis time to put it to rest though. If Valve would quit toying with the Steam box and push more for Source 2 I would be happy.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

60 frames on Xbone? I think you're asking for too much TC. Just play it on PC if you want slightly higher image fidelity.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

This game looks like a mess... I'm not sure any engine would help. Hopefully it pans out better than it is looking or there is going to be a lot of disappointed people.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

Dont need a great engine to make a great game. Too bad EA didnt hook them up with Frostbite.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Yes, Titanfall does indeed suck

tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts

Titanfall is a really fun game. Didn't realize the game runs on Source Engine until now.

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

Titanfall looks like one of the funnest games in a long time. PS4 can keep its Borezone pretty graphics movie games. I play games, not watch them.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Titanfall is a product of a dev caring more about how the game plays. They were willing to sacrifice graphics for smooth 60fps gameplay on all platforms.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Don't really care about Titanfall's graphics. Looks like a really fun indie game published buy a terrible company.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

so far from what me see.......

Titanfall will get 6/10 in gamespot

Cons:

* Always online generic Multiplayer FPS and encouraging curses by little kids

* No campaign mode

* Awfull one dimensional, samey looking graphic

* bad acting voice

PC_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC_Otter
Member since 2010 • 1623 Posts
@John_Matherson said:

The source engine is a piece of shit. Never liked it. It's light, it's bland...I don't know how to describe it but there's just somethingabout it. The 3d models just look...thin layered...I don't know how to describe it. I've always hated the source engine. Doesn't reflect how I feel about the Half Life games of course

It's the lack of proper global lighting and shadows + AO in most Source games that do it for me.

But Source is about performance, performance, performance which is IIRC part of why Respawn went with a Source base but built many of their own technologies on top of it to meet their rendering needs. If what I know is correct, Source's performance is based on building levels out of play areas that which help to control polygon culling and overdraw versus large scale height-map based maps a la Frostbite 3 and CryEngine. The downside is it's memory intensive but incredibly efficient for the CPU and GPU to handle. This is especially important when one considers how much the game was pushing in-game physics at the time on so many objects. Back in 2004, it wasn't bad looking either, and to this day, indoor areas don't look all that dated. That same collective efficiency makes L4D1 and 2 as easy to run as they are.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John_Matherson

@PC_Otter said:
@John_Matherson said:

The source engine is a piece of shit. Never liked it. It's light, it's bland...I don't know how to describe it but there's just somethingabout it. The 3d models just look...thin layered...I don't know how to describe it. I've always hated the source engine. Doesn't reflect how I feel about the Half Life games of course

It's the lack of proper global lighting and shadows + AO in most Source games that do it for me.

But Source is about performance, performance, performance which is IIRC part of why Respawn went with a Source base but built many of their own technologies on top of it to meet their rendering needs. If what I know is correct, Source's performance is based on building levels out of play areas that which help to control polygon culling and overdraw versus large scale height-map based maps a la Frostbite 3 and CryEngine. The downside is it's memory intensive but incredibly efficient for the CPU and GPU to handle. This is especially important when one considers how much the game was pushing in-game physics at the time on so many objects. Back in 2004, it wasn't bad looking either, and to this day, indoor areas don't look all that dated. That same collective efficiency makes L4D1 and 2 as easy to run as they are.

yeah you actually explained the source engine accurately in terms of advantage and you're definitely right about the efficiency and performance but the source engine didn't need to be used for this game. Unreal 3 or 4 are much better fit for the design, level and architecture they're going for. They only used the source engine if I was to guess to ensure efficiency and avoid overworking the xbone. I thought the game looked a.bit light and the world and characters looked thin, now that I've learned they used the source engine I'm not surprised. FAIL. The source engine is part of why I'm not really a strong Valve fan

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

They'd probably look about the same given the fact that they are going for performance.

UE4 is more capable in what it can do, but that doesn't mean that Titanfall could have otherwise been some graphics behemoth while still running at 60fps just because it's on UE4. That's not how it works.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Even though Titanfall isn't a graphics powerhouse, I think that was the point of the developers. The Steam engine is a very open platform that will most likely be easy to work with, easy to develop for, and allow them to pull off effects and gameplay that something like Frostbite Engine 3.0 would have made the game run in 30FPS on a PC at medium settings (let alone much worse on consoles). Plus, the source engine will most likely provide accessibility for anyone with a laptop from 2012 and recent to run the game easily.

I'm honestly okay with the graphics. It's not Killzone: ShadowFall or Crysis 3 and it's not claiming to be. Just wants to bring its own form of gameplay to this gen.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Titanfall looks bad ass

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

LOL

Cows still obsessed with Bone games , first Ryse was all they talked about and now Titanfall .

Three Titanfall topics made by Cows just on the SW frontpage, then Cows making multiple topics about the Bone itself but almost nothing about the PS4 console or the games on it .

Scary !

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Respawn started working on Titanfall before Epic even unveiled UE4.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

This game is not one that will translate to great screenshots, but it should look good enough at 60fps. The game play looks good.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

I really wish Sony Fan had games to talk about. You never see the, 'Killzone is way better than Halo'. Or, the 'GT is 10 times the game Forza is'. All Sony Fan talks about is Titanfall, 'Halo 5 is terrible without Bungie', or 'Kinect 2.0 suckzors'.

Sony please give your fans something to play.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Its looks like a Call of Duty game with big titans as killstreaks and jetbacks and thats why i want it since i love CoD and hey who knows hopefully this will be better than CoD:Ghosts

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Gue1 said:

60 frames on Xbone? I think you're asking for too much TC. Just play it on PC if you want slightly higher image fidelity.

Forza 5 Kinect Sport Rivals says hello. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is also rumored to be 1080p - 60fps. Doesn't matter which platform you play it on, the game will still be fun.