BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

Imagine having 23 studios and nothing seems to be going to plan.

Everwild‘s most senior developer, creative director Simon Woodroffe, has resigned from his position at Rare, VGC understands.

In a statement issued to VGC, the Microsoft owned studio confirmed the departure and insisted that Everwild development would be in good hands going forward.

Studio head Craig Duncan said: “We thank Simon for all his hard work on Everwild and wish him the very best of luck for the future.

“The Everwild team are in good hands and passionate about building a game that will give players unforgettable experiences in a natural and magical world.”

No reason was given for the creative director’s decision to leave, though studio sources told VGC that he had been absent for some time after submitting his resignation earlier this month.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/rares-everwild-has-lost-its-creative-director/

Some time next year, Phil Spencer is gonna grab Todd Howard by the collar and scream, "Gimme SOMETHING you son of a bitch! I bought you!". Between this and Halo, creative directors seem to be jumping off like crazy at MS.

At this rate, I wonder what the first AAA for XGS will be for the new gen of consoles.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

you can always rely on a cow for the latest xbox news

hah

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@bluestars said:

hah

LOL.

It would have been a concern if anyone actually knew anything about this game. We still don't know what this game is about.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BenjaminBanklin

@bluestars said:

hah

I mean, are you guys gonna have some major first party games on this thing before 2022? I guess Uncle Phil's gonna have to pay more pubs to cancel their PS5 ports because things are looking spooky for Xbox again.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

It's funny how the only ones concerned about Xbox or anything MS related are cows. That's when you truly know Xbox is living rent free in their heads 24/7 365

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Do we know the reason for him leaving or if the game will be affected at all? No, well then.... 🤷‍♂️

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BenjaminBanklin

@kingtito said:

It's funny how the only ones concerned about Xbox or anything MS related are cows. That's when you truly know Xbox is living rent free in their heads 24/7 365

You guys are gonna be living game free if this keeps up.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtito

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kingtito said:

You guys are gonna be living game free if this keeps up.

Account bet then. If MS doesn't come out with any games I'll leave, if they do, you leave. No alts.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I would be more worried about the talent MS it taking from Sony studios (and others)

https://www.gamereactor.eu/another-round-of-developers-confirmed-for-the-initiative/ (date on that article Oct 27, 2020)

Since the beginning, it has been vacuuming the industry for top talent and has many of the creme de la creme names from studios like Bungie, Crystal Dynamics, Respawn, Rockstar, and Treyarch. Just two weeks ago, we reported that The Initiative had snagged both the Naughty Dog Head of Melee Animation, Lee Davis, as well as their Character Shading Technical Director, Laurent Manuel García Carro.

And now the head of the studio, Darrel Gallagher, has shared a new round of co-workes on LinkedIn. It is ten new additions that come from studios like Blizzard (Stephen Clayburn, Principal Lead Online Services Engineer), Epic (Pasquale Scionti, Senior Environment/Lightning Artist), Infinity Ward (Jaime Molina, Environment Artist), Insomniac (Giovanni Martinez, Senior Environment Artist), Naughty Dog (Hawar Doghramachi, Graphics Programmer), Santa Monica Studio (Sarah Swenson, Environment Artist).

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Sony hate boys can't live without the Xbox.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BenjaminBanklin

@kingtito said:

Account bet then. If MS doesn't come out with any games I'll leave, if they do, you leave. No alts.

Now why would you want to jeopardize your account like that? We know MS will have some games... because they're gonna be CGI trailers on the E3 stage.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

I remember all the fuss when a lead artist left Naughty Dog and lems lost their collective minds. But now they're like:

Jokes aside, we don't know why he left but it seems he checked out before his official last day and got fired. That doesn't sound like good terms but Everwild is supposed to be early in production so this probably doesn't change much.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bluestars

@Pedro:

shown in the xbox show..developers interview followed...still knew nothing about the game ffs

hah

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

All of rare's talent left decades ago

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kingtito said:

Now why would you want to jeopardize your account like that? We know MS will have some games... because they're gonna be CGI trailers on the E3 stage.

In others words you're full of shit....per usual. Thanks that's all I wanted you to admit

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bluestars

@BenjaminBanklin:

you guys?

multi console real gamer here looking forwards to halo next holiday and the inevitable horizon 2 and god of war 5 delays..then 2022 will be a cracking year with those 2 and the XBS games starting to release...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Gordon Ramsay goes through less staff.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin

@kingtito said:

In others words you're full of shit....per usual. Thanks that's all I wanted you to admit

I admit to nothing, as I didn't say Xbox wouldn't have any games... just not any AAA first party games for a looooong time. Ever since Halo, the dominoes started to fall. I am not responsible for any subsequent ass hurt.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kingtito

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kingtito said:

I admit to nothing, as I didn't say Xbox wouldn't have any games... just not any AAA first party games for a looooong time. Ever since Halo, the dominoes started to fall. I am not responsible for any subsequent ass hurt.

Has this announcement delayed the game? Affected it how? Was this a AAA game? So far the only game I know that's been delayed is Halo but according to cows Halo is irrelevant now so that doesn't matter.

Come on, just admit MS announcements this entire year has you sleeping less at night. It's got all you cows shook.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Well they said they weren't even sure what the game was going to be yet... maybe they canned him because he had some cool ideas art and environment wise but had no direction toward what the game was actually going to be. It does seem strange that MS is taking the quantity or quality approach it would seem... although I hope I'm wrong. Perhaps they just chewed off more than they could swallow and they need to slow things down a bit and higher some better higher management.

I'm not too worried, I'm proud of the Xbox division and for MS having the balls to not only come out swinging but to also take the fight directly to the competition.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Imagine having 23 studios and nothing seems to be going to plan.

Everwild‘s most senior developer, creative director Simon Woodroffe, has resigned from his position at Rare, VGC understands.

In a statement issued to VGC, the Microsoft owned studio confirmed the departure and insisted that Everwild development would be in good hands going forward.

Studio head Craig Duncan said: “We thank Simon for all his hard work on Everwild and wish him the very best of luck for the future.

“The Everwild team are in good hands and passionate about building a game that will give players unforgettable experiences in a natural and magical world.”

No reason was given for the creative director’s decision to leave, though studio sources told VGC that he had been absent for some time after submitting his resignation earlier this month.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/rares-everwild-has-lost-its-creative-director/

Some time next year, Phil Spencer is gonna grab Todd Howard by the collar and scream, "Gimme SOMETHING you son of a bitch! I bought you!". Between this and Halo, creative directors seem to be jumping off like crazy at MS.

At this rate, I wonder what the first AAA for XGS will be for the new gen of consoles.

So a person within the dev team leaves and to you the sky is falling in on Xbox.

Yet the PS boss leaves, so by your definition the PS brand must be falling apart.

You cows are hyberbole queens LOL.