The GTAIV Kickass Hype/Discussion Thread (56k) - KEEP IT HERE OR BE SUSPENDED!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordoftheVacas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3051 LordoftheVacas
Member since 2008 • 718 Posts
Slightly superior :lol: only for loading times and less pop in.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3052 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"]Funny the only advantage of the ps3 version is less pop in and loading times,but sony fanboys are trying to claim ownage with it.LordoftheVacas

Lemmings would do the same. All of these months before release Lems have claimed that the 360 is the lead platform and will be technically superior in all ways. Now it kind of backfired. So cows are taking advantage of this situation just like any Lemming would do.

Also, you're forgetting that the PS3 version has less jaggies and better framerate in some cases.

My take on this: Just let it go and be prepared to play the game ot the year :).

Funny the xbox360 version doesn't have jaggies at all and not framerates problems,just like Kotaku said.

The jaggies may not be that noticeable, but when you put it next to the PS3 version you will notice that there is better AA. Have you seen the GT review??? BOTH games have some framerate issues my good man! It's just that the PS3 has less framerate issues, even though it may not be much of a difference.

5 different game sites opinions is more credible that Kotaku's (a blog).

You are really beating a dead horse :(.

Gamepro,IGN and 1up the biggest cow sites in the net, kotaku is not a normal blog like those u cows post news trying to claim ownage sometimes.

Guys, just be prepared and don't ruin the hype or the anticipation of each other, this is the best game this year so just play it when it comes and believe me, you will regret every word you say, there is no problem, I have it and it plays perfect, the only problem is the one I've already mentioned.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3053 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

The jaggies may not be that noticeable, but when you put it next to the PS3 version you will notice that there is better AA. Have you seen the GT review??? BOTH games have some framerate issues my good man! It's just that the PS3 has less framerate issues, even though it may not be much of a difference.

5 different game sites opinions is more credible that Kotaku's (a blog).

You are really beating a dead horse :(.

LordoftheVacas

Gamepro,IGN and 1up the biggest cow sites in the net, kotaku is not a normal blog like those u cows post news trying to claim ownage sometimes.

IGN is splintered into different channels respective to each systsem. The guy who reviewed GTA4 (Hilary Goldstein) is an editor for the XBOX channel and is known to be pro XBOX.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3054 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

Guys, just be prepared and don't ruin the hype or the anticipation of each other, this is the best game this year so just play it when it comes and believe me, you will regret every word you say, there is no problem, I have it and it plays perfect, the only problem is the one I've already mentioned.

HAZE-Unit
*nods* both are just wasting their time...im just dying to get my hands on the game
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3055 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Dante2710

*nods* both are just wasting their time...im just dying to get my hands on the game

I haven't been here as long as you guys in the heat of the debate. So this is all new to me.

I'm not arguing, I'm only stating what these review sites have. This has gotten old for me already as you can see in one of my last posts on page 305.

Ture, everyone should just wait to play the GOTY :D.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3056 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Dante2710

I was little afraid that the PS3 version going to have minor problems but now Im in heaven, MGO Beta and GTA4, the first time you see liberty city, I just don't won't to say anything, the experience is really something out of this world of gaming.

After playig the game, you will forget everything. :)

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3057 TREAL_Since
P.S. Where the heck has The-Very-Best been?
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3058 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

TREAL_Since

I haven't been here as long as you guys in the heat of the debate. So this is all new to me.

I'm not arguing, I'm only stating what these review sites have. This has gotten old for me already as you can see in one of my last posts on page 305.

I know, Im not directing this only to you guys, this is for all the fans of both consoles, let it be a peace treaty for once, ok.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3059 HAZE-Unit

P.S. Where the heck has The-Very-Best been?TREAL_Since

I think he don't want to be spoiled with anything, he is hiding somewhere.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3060 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"]
Funny the xbox360 version doesn't have jaggies at all and not framerates problems,just like Kotaku said.
Dante2710

they both have jaggies (not very appearent, but check the screens). you not knowing what they are makes you a happy person.

did u get the 360 version? if so have u try playing it wth sdtv settings?

sorry, i don't have a sdtv...

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3061 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"]
Always-Honest

they both have jaggies (not very appearent, but check the screens). you not knowing what they are makes you a happy person.

i never thought i would see that before :lol:

someone saying sorry cause they dont own a sdtv :lol:

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3062 Dante2710
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

TREAL_Since

im not going to argue over some pop ins and longer times....im not much into arguements anyways....it only makes me look like a blind fanboy.....im just wanting to get my hands on the game....this is the only reason i come to this thread......to hear some fun and interesting facts about the game....performance aint such of a problem for me...i have been watching the reviews and i can tell it runs so much smoother than the previous gta games so im happy about that....i just want the game
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3063 Dante2710
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"]
Always-Honest

hmmmm m 360 lets me switch between both sdtv and hdtv :?
karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3064 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
Here is IGN video comparison.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3065 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

Not long now. Less that 24 hours ro go

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3066 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"][QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"]
Dante2710

hmmmm m 360 lets me switch between both sdtv and hdtv :?

also, i don't have the game yet :P.

sorry dude, can't help you.. and even if i did have my copy... it's the ps3 version (though i might buy the 360 version to)

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3067 Dante2710
Here is IGN video comparison.ma7moud93
not really a good comparison video...lol they both look too much alike...hell the only thing i noticed was at the begining where it was day and like extremely late in the afternon maybe nighttime on th other.......18 hours to go woot!!
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3068 Always-Honest

there you go. just choose the one your friends have.

DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3069 DaddyLongCaddy
Member since 2007 • 844 Posts

Look between 3:19 and 4:00. There is a huge difference in draw distance and pop in IMO, unless it had something to do with the weather effects.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3070 Always-Honest

[QUOTE="ma7moud93"]Here is IGN video comparison.DaddyLongCaddy

Look between 3:19 and 4:00. There is a huge difference in draw distance and pop in IMO, unless it had something to do with the weather effects.

that's the weather :P

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3071 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
I'm getting the PS3 version and have an SD TV, hope it doesn't throw that code at me. :?
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3072 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

I'm getting the PS3 version and have an SD TV, hope it doesn't throw that code at me. :?bleehum

Lol, if you are talking about the error code, it happens when you turn off your system whilst the firmware is updating. this is silly since, the user is the one who initiates the firware update firstly, secondly because a sign clearly appears ont he screen telling you that if you shut down your console in the next 5 minutes whilest the firmware is updating, your console will brick........... what do people do? turn of the frikkin console...........