the game that ruined console gaming.

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

in the ps2 era we use to play alot of third person adventure games like shinobi and onimusha. the games where countless and where so much fun then one game got released and ruined console gaming forever.

this game is halo. even tho it is an amazing game and halo 2 3 reach where outstanding but this game introduced fps to consoles and competitive online mp. because of that consoles where never the same, i like halo games but i prefer my fps on pc they play way better on pc than consoles and now all console except for nintendo focuses mostly in fps which imho is the worst gerne for console gaming. now we have fps in all consoles even in handhelds, heck most of the vita upcoming games are fps. i hope nintendo will not do what the ps3 and 360 are doing now and they stick to adventure and platformer games.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

in the ps2 era we use to play alot of third person adventure games like shinobi and onimusha. the games where countless and where so much fun then one game got released and ruined console gaming forever.

this game is halo. even tho it is an amazing game and halo 2 3 reach where outstanding but this game introduced fps to consoles and competitive online mp. because of that consoles where never the same, i like halo games but i prefer my fps on pc they play way better on pc than consoles and now all console except for nintendo focuses mostly in fps which imho is the worst gerne for console gaming. now we have fps in all consoles even in handhelds, heck most of the vita upcoming games are fps. i hope nintendo will not do what the ps3 and 360 are doing now and they stick to adventure and platformer games.

pc-ps360

Errr idk what to say honestly, someone help me out here..

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

No.
Italian cuisine is better.

DeAquellas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DeAquellas
Member since 2012 • 129 Posts

pc-ps360

I think CoD did that, which is why sequels to SP games now have multiplayer. ME,GoW, etc.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I agree with Halo the merge between consoles and PC started to happen. M$ should have left Halo on the PC where it belonged instead of trying to bring PC gaming to consoles and buying off companies like Ensemble.
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts
no halo changed Console gaming in a good way...COD changed it in a bad way.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

da fuq is this ****?

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pc-ps360

[QUOTE="pc-ps360"]

DeAquellas

I think CoD did that, which is why sequels to SP games now have multiplayer. ME,GoW, etc.

i wish they stop all fps from consoles we will mhave way better games and if only they remove achievement from online gaming we will have also better online experience. most of the time when i join any online game half the team is doing something stupid to get a trophy or achievment and the round get ruined

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

da fuq is this ****?

SPYDER0416

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pc-ps360

no halo changed Console gaming in a good way...COD changed it in a bad way.soapman72

im not bashing on halo or any other fps game on consoles but halo started this **** trend in consoles. even tho it is a great game but i realy dont want fps on consoles, i hav a pc for that. i which people will stop buying all fps games so that we finally get some good game.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

halo burned all my crops and poisoned my water supply.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

DJ-Lafleur

Halo raped my land and polluted my mother.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
not sure if serious
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

What an idiotic reason to bash a game.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pc-ps360

Kickinurass

im not bashing it but it is the reason the console market is infested with fps. also i like halo its the only console fps that i enjoy (resistence is a close second) bu the rest i feel are all crap and plays way better on pc

Syk0_k03r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Syk0_k03r
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts

No single game ruined console gaming. It was futile from the start :P

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

pc-ps360

im not bashing it but it is the reason the console market is infested with fps. also i like halo its the only console fps that i enjoy (resistence is a close second) bu the rest i feel are all crap and plays way better on pc

It's idiotic and pretentious. It's silly to blame Halo for the actions of second-rate imitators, and it's silly for you to think your opinion means anything to anyone but yourself.

If you don't like FPS's, don't buy them. Play them only on PC. Don't get on GS and make a stupid arguments (or at least contain it to your blog).

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

pc-ps360

This doesn't sound like a very solid argument...
Avatar image for LeeroyPinkerton
LeeroyPinkerton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LeeroyPinkerton
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Wouldn't it be CoD? Since now many FPS's are trying to be like it...
Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Halo brought online gaming that PC gamers had been enjoying for more than a decade to consoles. Halo didn't create over-saturation in the fps genre. Call of Duty did that. Now every developer wants to have "the next CoD-popular multiplayer".

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/255/716/c98.gif.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

No COD ruined console gaming

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
halo doesn't get credit for online multiplayer
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
halo doesn't get credit for online multiplayerGunSmith1_basic
But it was one of the first extremely popular online multiplayer games on consoles.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Halo brought online gaming that PC gamers had been enjoying for more than a decade to consoles. Halo didn't create over-saturation in the fps genre. Call of Duty did that. Now every developer wants to have "the next CoD-popular multiplayer".

Merex760
^Truth.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Halo CE sucks ass

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

I feel like some of the people on here should never go into business ever. Some of the ideas on here.....dear god.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Halo is such a terrible game because it started a massivley popular revolution in console gaming.

Do you know how dumb you sound?

Before HALO, playing FPS's on consoles was pointless if you could play them on PC.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="Merex760"]

DarkLink77

^Truth.

So true. If anything COD ruined console gaming.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

No game ruined console gaming...not yet anyway.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Merex760"]

GOGOGOGURT

^Truth.

Hang on. COD didn't ruin anything. Developers can make any game they want. If a developer wants to get a piece of the COD fanbase, I think they going in the wrong direction.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Nintendo ruined gaming

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] ^Truth.dream431ca

Hang on. COD didn't ruin anything. Developers can make any game they want. If a developer wants to get a piece of the COD fanbase, I think they going in the wrong direction.

Okay, then the COD FANBASE has scared off sweet new IP's. *cough*TIMESPLITTERS 4*cough*

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FashionFreak

Nintendo ruined gaming

themajormayor

Super Mario Bros saved gaming

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

GOGOGOGURT

Okay, then the COD FANBASE has scared off sweet new IP's. *cough*TIMESPLITTERS 4*cough*

yup and I will always hate activison infinity ward cryteck and treyarc for this

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

inb4uall

yup and I will always hate activison infinity ward cryteck and treyarc for this

Same here.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

pc-ps360

ummm...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Humyha_qTbo/TlxP2HDvdaI/AAAAAAAAS5g/uRJQ5Bo_JFs/s1600/FGspeechless.gif

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I feel like some of the people on here should never go into business ever. Some of the ideas on here.....dear god.

TopTierHustler
mind = blown
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="pc-ps360"]

Blake135

Errr idk what to say honestly, someone help me out here..

There are no words, i cant think of anything really, sorry

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

I agree with Halo the merge between consoles and PC started to happen. M$ should have left Halo on the PC where it belonged instead of trying to bring PC gaming to consoles and buying off companies like Ensemble.kuraimen

indeed, it's a good thing sony never tried anything did that

big_linuxbox.jpg

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]I agree with Halo the merge between consoles and PC started to happen. M$ should have left Halo on the PC where it belonged instead of trying to bring PC gaming to consoles and buying off companies like Ensemble.rilpas

big_linuxbox.jpg

Gaming, not bringing an OS to a console that could be used for many thinngs other than gaming like processing data which the ps2 was also used for.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]I agree with Halo the merge between consoles and PC started to happen. M$ should have left Halo on the PC where it belonged instead of trying to bring PC gaming to consoles and buying off companies like Ensemble.kuraimen

big_linuxbox.jpg

Gaming, not bringing an OS to a console that could be used for many thinngs other than gaming like processing data which the ps2 was also used for.

a good thing sony never tried that

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

In a way Halo was the one that obligated Infinity Ward to start changing CoD since 2 into a more Halo-ish style until CoD 4 happened.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
Yea i dont really like fps
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

SPYDER0416

halo played chess with my agitated father
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
While what you said is bogus, however console gaming has changed, last gen there was much more platformers,my favorite genre, and now besides Nintendo and Rayman, good platformers are practically nonexistent. At least Sly is back this year, hopefully it is a good revival and we get sequels.
FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FashionFreak

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

yellosnolvr

halo played chess with my agitated father

Halo tickled a pickle and gave me a nickel

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

This is ludicrous. In fact I don't even want to say anything else about it. It's ludicrous...

The end.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

SPYDER0416

:lol:

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

pc-ps360

Da F did I just read???

Nothing ruined anything, if you think so congrats on being an idiot