The Future of XBL - A discussion on legitimizing XBL fees for next gen

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

They'll have to do something major.

Even my damn bluray player does all that "extra" media stuff like netflix pandora and facebook that they use to justify charging for.

OhSnapitz
That's when I stopped paying for Live.. I bought a wifi bluray player 2 yrs ago on BF and it offers the same apps as XBL, with the exception of Amazon Prime, and I don't pay ANYTHING. So why the Hell am I paying for XBLG :| Luckly I recieved the next two years virtually free... But that runs out late this year.

So you bought two machines to do what a ps3 already does? Lulz
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#152 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Imo if they sell games through XBL they should go free. I don't understand why there is a need for ads/fee then. But I bet there would be millions of lems who would fall for it twice. It's more a question of "what do they think they can get away with". If Valve hadn't stepped in with possible Linux support then MS would probably have answered that more easily.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 kuraimen
XBL is now the equivalent of the Nigerian scam in gaming. Normal people can't comprehend how others fall for it but they do.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]They can do whatever they wish, but unless they drop the fees, they will never have my business.Pug-Nasty

what if the new service was simply mind blowing... like nothing you've seen in gaming? or is it more a principled stance?

That would probably depend on if it is actually mind blowing, or simply fanboy mind blowing as it is now.

I would consider the ability to play my library of games on any windows device to be something id consider paying a fee for... as outlined in my Op. No?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 TheEroica  Moderator

XBL is now the equivalent of the Nigerian scam in gaming. Normal people can't comprehend how others fall for it but they do.kuraimen
People have friends they wish to play xbox with, the fee equates to less than yhe price of one game per year and people like spending time gaming and not always updating constantly. I dont think anyone is making an argument that ms isnt running out of reasons to charge for xbl, but lets not pretend that xbl isnt a great service.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]XBL is now the equivalent of the Nigerian scam in gaming. Normal people can't comprehend how others fall for it but they do.TheEroica

People have friends they wish to play xbox with, the fee equates to less than yhe price of one game per year and people like spending time gaming and not always updating constantly. I dont think anyone is making an argument that ms isnt running out of reasons to charge for xbl, but lets not pretend that xbl isnt a great service.

On 2005 no one had friends on 360,and live price was set before it even release. The service could be 1 dollar is 1 dollar to much,i have friends on PS3 as well and many do and they play free on PC many have friends and they play for free. XBL is not a great service is a great rip off,there is no justification for the fee and there never be..
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] what if the new service was simply mind blowing... like nothing you've seen in gaming? or is it more a principled stance? TheEroica

That would probably depend on if it is actually mind blowing, or simply fanboy mind blowing as it is now.

I would consider the ability to play my library of games on any windows device to be something id consider paying a fee for... as outlined in my Op. No?

That would be nice, but not worth an added fee. A game buyer should already have access to the DD version of a game they buy on every platform, especially considering that game publishers continually try pushing that we are buying the license, and not the game itself.

I would be more willing to pay for Live next gen if Microsoft had and enforced quality standards on games released on their systems, so that if an online game is laggy the publisher would be obliged to correct it or refund the money paid for the game back to the customers on their system. Every platform holder should enforce such standards, as it is inexcusable that so many games run so poorly over Live, which is a "premium" service.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Pug-Nasty

That would be nice, but not worth an added fee. A game buyer should already have access to the DD version of a game they buy on every platform, especially considering that game publishers continually try pushing that we are buying the license, and not the game itself.

I would be more willing to pay for Live next gen if Microsoft had and enforced quality standards on games released on their systems, so that if an online game is laggy the publisher would be obliged to correct it or refund the money paid for the game back to the customers on their system. Every platform holder should enforce such standards, as it is inexcusable that so many games run so poorly over Live, which is a "premium" service.

A game buyer SHOULD... perhaps, but as it stands, companies, all companies will be in a tug of war between offering services and asking the player for money, so we are in flux... i believe if ms made a compelling argument that console gamers can play their games on any device, they would be making a strong argument to continue asking for a fee.... especially how minimal it is. That said, they will alienate a very large percentage of people by not offering mp free next gen... no im not talking about the cows who dont have an xbox anyway. I mean the people who have no loyalty and weigh decisions based on whats best for them. Its gonna be a VERY interesting conference to see what they have in store. Id argue moreso than what the graphical capabilities will be next gen. Fingers crossed that all companies sgow a reason to be excited.
Avatar image for apocalypsehorse
apocalypsehorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 apocalypsehorse
Member since 2010 • 417 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]What I want them to do: Silver (Free): Everything it has now Online Multiplayer Access to Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc Gold ($59.99): Party Chat At least one free game every week Releases a few days/one week earlier Frequent Discounts and Sales Exclusive Betas The ability to preorder full games off of XBL and receive preorder bonuses One hour trials The ability to actually pay money to rent full games Achievements translated into MS Points (gives gamers the incentive to buy more games to earn more achievements) Everything from Silver Platinum ($99.99) Full TV Package with recording along with free 3 months of HBO, Starz, Encore, and Cinimax (the latter only comes with a 12 month subscription) Everything from GoldTheDidact
being a non cable subscriber, Id buy that platinum deal in a heartbeat... Somtimes I miss current tv/news. Although my wife and I do very good for ourselves financially, Im done paying for cable...

Yep that's the point of it. They can make a ton of money back from making MP free with these options plus they'll turn the 720 into the ultimate entertainment box.

move party chat to being free and I'm sold.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]XBL is now the equivalent of the Nigerian scam in gaming. Normal people can't comprehend how others fall for it but they do.tormentos

On 2005 no one had friends on 360,and live price was set before it even release. The service could be 1 dollar is 1 dollar to much,i have friends on PS3 as well and many do and they play free on PC many have friends and they play for free. XBL is not a great service is a great rip off,there is no justification for the fee and there never be..

The price was set because xbl was a unique one of a kind gaming experience ONLY on the xbox console. Dont be so short sighted... do you remember how fun gaming online with ps2 and gamecube was? Nope didnt think so... ms could justify a fee early this generation because they offered something no other console did to that level... or even close to it. People who gamed on the original xbox MOST CERTAINLY already had friends waiting to game on 360. I know because i was one of them. People i play mvp baseball, halo, splintercell etc etc.... all right into my 360 when i re uped on xbl. If you arent going to get into live because of your convictions about paying for a service then fine, I can applaud that.... but lets not pretend or pad our reasons with fiction. Xbl sold itself to the public because it absolutely mutilated anything sony and nintendo had attempted at that point... that sir is fact. Presently ninty and sony gave caught up so we are in a virtual "your move microsoft" scenario... thus this thread and this discussion.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] People have friends they wish to play xbox with, the fee equates to less than yhe price of one game per year and people like spending time gaming and not always updating constantly. I dont think anyone is making an argument that ms isnt running out of reasons to charge for xbl, but lets not pretend that xbl isnt a great service.TheEroica

The price was set because xbl was a unique one of a kind gaming experience ONLY on the xbox console. Dont be so short sighted... do you remember how fun gaming online with ps2 and gamecube was? Nope didnt think so... ms could justify a fee early this generation because they offered something no other console did to that level... or even close to it. People who gamed on the original xbox MOST CERTAINLY already had friends waiting to game on 360. I know because i was one of them. People i play mvp baseball, halo, splintercell etc etc.... all right into my 360 when i re uped on xbl. If you arent going to get into live because of your convictions about paying for a service then fine, I can applaud that.... but lets not pretend or pad our reasons with fiction. Xbl sold itself to the public because it absolutely mutilated anything sony and nintendo had attempted at that point... that sir is fact. Presently ninty and sony gave caught up so we are in a virtual "your move microsoft" scenario... thus this thread and this discussion.

Oh please dude stop MS charge you to make for the losses they have on hardware..:lol: Is the reason why now you get bombarded with ads,because is now looking for even more money they need to turn the xbox division around,because 7.1 billion in losses they took from 2001 to 2007 haven't been returned and that is their goal.. The PS vita a portable even have party chat is just lame that sony can deliver that on a portable free and MS can't.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 kuraimen
The price was set because xbl was a unique one of a kind gaming experience ONLY on the xbox console.TheEroica
Agree. Nobody else got ripped off by paying for online. That's quite unique
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]The price was set because xbl was a unique one of a kind gaming experience ONLY on the xbox console.kuraimen
Agree. Nobody else got ripped off by paying for online. That's quite unique

Its so sad that you have such an inability to engage in objective thought... i will pray for you.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 kuraimen
objective thought... pray for you.TheEroica
FAIL
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Actually with MS adding more ads to live, this may be their method of making live free to end users for next gen. They just have to get the pay stream from the advertisers working before the drop end user payments to zero. At least that makes sense to me, not sure if thats their intended business practice.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]objective thought... pray for you.kuraimen
FAIL

Bless you child... you are the tears a mother weeps.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="2_Quiet_2_Riot"]

I hope the GREEN text helps. :lol:

Otherwise, in the words of Samuel L. Jackson, from the film, Pulp Fiction, puts it: "ENGLISH, M---ER F---ER, DO YOU SPEAK IT!!"

Coming from the east coast of the USA, have a good night or morning, where ever the hell you are :)

tormentos

Listen bro. I'll explain this slowly so that you can actually understand. My issue was with yourself (and others) who were saying that not having XBL gold "LOCKS YOU OUT" of the multiplayer. WRONG. Thanks for agreeing with me though, when you buy a game, you own it and thats all you own. Not some 'RIGHT' to online play. Last time I checked, theres no contract in every game box guaranteeing me to so many months of free server use. We ain't owed shlt buddy.

And once again you're WRONG. Like I said before, I bought Halo 4 and I can play both single player and multiplayer on XBL Free. I'm not locked out of shlt, I just don't have access to the XBL servers, thus can only play splitscreen and not online. So stop spouting bullshlt, and next time before you say I'm wrong, do a bit of research first before making a tit out of yourself.

So to summarise, when you buy a game you own it INCLUDING THE MP PORTION. Yes, it is your property, who said otherwise, and you can play as you wish without XBL Gold. What you can't do is play online with other people as that woud require the use of the XBL servers (WHICH ARE NOT INCLUDED THE THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR THE GAME NUMBNUTS) therefore you ain't owed shlt. Its nice that PSN offers it for free, and that the PC is open allowing others to foot the bill for servers. But in XBLs case, its funded by subscriptions so DEAL WITH IT.

:)

XBL is a rip off and it locks online multiplayer for everyone if you don't pay..Now correct me.? You know hes talking about online multiplayer which is the important part. On 360 you can't even access Hulu or netflix even if you have an account,if you don't pay the scam fee,now there is no justification on this world for that,even cell phone get access to those without a scam fee,and in the PS3 case the PS3 version of netflix is actually superior to the 360 one by many gaming sites. So what are you really paying for to be allowed to play online,for all you think you know you really don't show sh** XBL was put in place as a way to make back the losses MS had on hardware,you officially pay more than a $600 PS3 for your 360 if you are a 2005 owner,and have pay for the whole 7 years... So tell me who really has the most expensive console ever.?

Why would I correct you? Thats what Ive been saying the whole time, that not having XBLGold means you can't play online. Well done captain obvious, I think everyone and their cat knows that.

XBL was started as a subscription service because there was nothing like it when it launched in 2002. Microsft invested half a billon dollars in its infrastructure, and so charging people a small fee every year to use it made sense. The PS2s online in comparison was downright pathetic / practically non-existant and even with the PS3, it took Sony YEARS to even get close to XBL standards.

Why do you keep making things personal? :lol: Ive said this to you a hundred times, I could easily decide to make the PS3 my go-to console for online gaming but it lacks features that XBL has which I quite happily pay for.

inb4 Vita has cross game chat (I don't care, I game on home consoles)

inb4 PS3 has Home (who cares)

inb4 360 controllers use AA batteries (not mine)

I can't think of any of your other usual responses. Surprise me.

RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

Hopefully Sony advertises value in the next gen, and harps on the Xobx live fee. If the PS4 jumps out to a sales lead, then I could see M$ making a change and giving us online gaming for free.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

They'll have to do something major.

Even my damn bluray player does all that "extra" media stuff like netflix pandora and facebook that they use to justify charging for.

kuraimen
That's when I stopped paying for Live.. I bought a wifi bluray player 2 yrs ago on BF and it offers the same apps as XBL, with the exception of Amazon Prime, and I don't pay ANYTHING. So why the Hell am I paying for XBLG :| Luckly I recieved the next two years virtually free... But that runs out late this year.

I had a PS3 and sold it because it collected too much dust.. I'll be damned if i'm going to spend $300 on a bluray player.. Lulz
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 kuraimen
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] That's when I stopped paying for Live.. I bought a wifi bluray player 2 yrs ago on BF and it offers the same apps as XBL, with the exception of Amazon Prime, and I don't pay ANYTHING. So why the Hell am I paying for XBLG :| Luckly I recieved the next two years virtually free... But that runs out late this year.

I had a PS3 and sold it because it collected too much dust.. I'll be damned if i'm going to spend $300 on a bluray player.. Lulz

But you can play what you play on Xbox on the PS3 AND use it as a Bluray player.... instead of having an Xbox for games without online and a separate Bluray player. It's actually more expensive what you're doing.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#171 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="tormentos"] On 2005 no one had friends on 360,and live price was set before it even release. The service could be 1 dollar is 1 dollar to much,i have friends on PS3 as well and many do and they play free on PC many have friends and they play for free. XBL is not a great service is a great rip off,there is no justification for the fee and there never be..tormentos

Oh please dude stop MS charge you to make for the losses they have on hardware..:lol: Is the reason why now you get bombarded with ads,because is now looking for even more money they need to turn the xbox division around,because 7.1 billion in losses they took from 2001 to 2007 haven't been returned and that is their goal.. The PS vita a portable even have party chat is just lame that sony can deliver that on a portable free and MS can't.

people didn't believe your lies before and they're not gonna start believing it now.

lol eltormo.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 OhSnapitz

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] So you bought two machines to do what a ps3 already does? Lulzkuraimen

But you can play what you play on Xbox on the PS3 AND use it as a Bluray player.... instead of having an Xbox for games without online and a separate Bluray player. It's actually more expensive what you're doing.

I can't play Halo on the PS3.. I can't play L4D on the PS3.. I can't play Forza on the PS3.. I can't play Gears on the PS3.. :|

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] what if the new service was simply mind blowing... like nothing you've seen in gaming? or is it more a principled stance? TheEroica

See that's a feature I couldn't care less about and wouldn't even use if it was free.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

AmazonTreeBoa

See that's a feature I couldn't care less about and wouldn't even use if it was free.

Really?!? Oh man id love that feature... wife wants to watch tv so i head to the laptop or my kids want to play games the same time i do, so one of us streams while the other uses the xbox. Im sure there are limitations to all that but im on board if that comes to fruition.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] I had a PS3 and sold it because it collected too much dust.. I'll be damned if i'm going to spend $300 on a bluray player.. LulzOhSnapitz

I can't play Halo on the PS3.. I can't play L4D on the PS3.. I can't play Forza on the PS3.. I can't play Gears on the PS3.. :|

Cant play all those amazing xbla games on ps3, cant play those amazing console exclusives on ps3... personally id rather the games shared by pc and xbox that the straight ps3 exclusives, but everyone is different.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]XBL is now the equivalent of the Nigerian scam in gaming. Normal people can't comprehend how others fall for it but they do.TheEroica

And for all that money I could save not spending money on XBL I can put it towards new games, or actual you know, products. Sure if you're part of the infrastructure and you use it to play with friends, or even if you don't give a damn, that's fine. That doesn't stop the argument of price being negligible being outright silly.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#178 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

my decision is easy , if MS will lock multiplayer from games and charge people to play on p2p servers im not getting a xbox3 , if it will be free like PSN i might get it

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]XBL is now the equivalent of the Nigerian scam in gaming. Normal people can't comprehend how others fall for it but they do.skrat_01

And for all that money I could save not spending money on XBL I can put it towards new games, or actual you know, products. Sure if you're part of the infrastructure and you use it to play with friends, or even if you don't give a damn, that's fine. That doesn't stop the argument of price being negligible being outright silly.

Thus the purpose of my thread brother... :) its a discussion into the here and now. I would say i personally fall into the, invested into the community and dont really care catagory... i do ok for myself financially so i dont tend to worry, BUT i still acknowledge that the schtick is up for ms charging while others dont... i hope this is addressed in some meaningful way next generation.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 OhSnapitz
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] But you can play what you play on Xbox on the PS3 AND use it as a Bluray player.... instead of having an Xbox for games without online and a separate Bluray player. It's actually more expensive what you're doing.TheEroica

Cant play all those amazing xbla games on ps3, cant play those amazing console exclusives on ps3... personally id rather the games shared by pc and xbox that the straight ps3 exclusives, but everyone is different.

That's why I laugh when fanboys try and sell you on their platform of choice.. :lol: I prefer the 360 and it had an abundance of great software not available on the PS3.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#181 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] I can't play Halo on the PS3.. I can't play L4D on the PS3.. I can't play Forza on the PS3.. I can't play Gears on the PS3.. :|OhSnapitz

That's why I laugh when fanboys try and sell you on their platform of choice.. :lol: I prefer the 360 and it had an abundance of great software not available on the PS3.

y u no want ps3? it duznt maek sence

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Cant play all those amazing xbla games on ps3, cant play those amazing console exclusives on ps3... personally id rather the games shared by pc and xbox that the straight ps3 exclusives, but everyone is different. AmnesiaHaze

y u no want ps3? it duznt maek sence

:lol: well I don't think any logical thinking person would genuinely scoff at any of the platforms... especially considering they are designed solely to bring you entertainment, and ALL do to different capacities... but lets be honest, system wars is the raging battle of why I think my opinion is better than yours, which by its very concept is flawed. That said, personal preference is key... I don't game on a PC, and Im not about to lie and say I do. So for me, games like, Left for dead and witcher 2 are more highly coveted than Uncharted and killzone. I suppose if that pisses someone off its due to their lack of objective thought.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="2_Quiet_2_Riot"]

I hope the GREEN text helps. :lol:

Otherwise, in the words of Samuel L. Jackson, from the film, Pulp Fiction, puts it: "ENGLISH, M---ER F---ER, DO YOU SPEAK IT!!"

Coming from the east coast of the USA, have a good night or morning, where ever the hell you are :)

2_Quiet_2_Riot

Listen bro. I'll explain this slowly so that you can actually understand. My issue was with yourself (and others) who were saying that not having XBL gold "LOCKS YOU OUT" of the multiplayer. WRONG. Thanks for agreeing with me though, when you buy a game, you own it and thats all you own. Not some 'RIGHT' to online play. Last time I checked, theres no contract in every game box guaranteeing me to so many months of free server use. We ain't owed shlt buddy.

And once again you're WRONG. Like I said before, I bought Halo 4 and I can play both single player and multiplayer on XBL Free. I'm not locked out of shlt, I just don't have access to the XBL servers, thus can only play splitscreen and not online. So stop spouting bullshlt, and next time before you say I'm wrong, do a bit of research first before making a tit out of yourself.

So to summarise, when you buy a game you own it INCLUDING THE MP PORTION. Yes, it is your property, who said otherwise, and you can play as you wish without XBL Gold. What you can't do is play online with other people as that woud require the use of the XBL servers (WHICH ARE NOT INCLUDED THE THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR THE GAME NUMBNUTS) therefore you ain't owed shlt. Its nice that PSN offers it for free, and that the PC is open allowing others to foot the bill for servers. But in XBLs case, its funded by subscriptions so DEAL WITH IT.

:)

:lol: Wow just wow. I thought I made myself clear.

You are by far the dumbest poster around here. With each one of your response, it has gotten more idiotic and redundant, its taken its toll on your brain cells. Obviously, you're still beating around the bush, but this time you've crashed into the same tree stump, more than twice and with the more concise, straight forward I am with my point, the dumber, more redundant you become.

I have never agreed with you on anything simply because I've been already (and clearly) making my point over and over since the beginning but you decided to turn, what was so simple and to the point, my argument, into a bombastic, psychotic, over analytical, OCD induced, redundant cluster phuck.

For that, I'm not even going to bother, just to save you from your own stupidity, as it increases with each post you make.

Have a nice day and try to get a life. :D

A translation of your post: I don't have a counter argument :cry: So I'll just throw petty insults and act like Ive won.

:lol:

You're a real bad loser mate. I would've thought you'd admit defeat but I guess not. Oh well, have a nice day too.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 tormentos
Why would I correct you? Thats what Ive been saying the whole time, that not having XBLGold means you can't play online. Well done captain obvious, I think everyone and their cat knows that.

XBL was started as a subscription service because there was nothing like it when it launched in 2002. Microsft invested half a billon dollars in its infrastructure, and so charging people a small fee every year to use it made sense. The PS2s online in comparison was downright pathetic / practically non-existant and even with the PS3, it took Sony YEARS to even get close to XBL standards.

Why do you keep making things personal? :lol: Ive said this to you a hundred times, I could easily decide to make the PS3 my go-to console for online gaming but it lacks features that XBL has which I quite happily pay for.

inb4 Vita has cross game chat (I don't care, I game on home consoles)

inb4 PS3 has Home (who cares)

inb4 360 controllers use AA batteries (not mine)

I can't think of any of your other usual responses. Surprise me.

RR360DD
Oh please dude stop XBL was just a damn friend list and voice chat on the original xbox,the games were P2P unlike most PS2 games that were on servers,it lagged it was infected with cheater,the only real difference was a damn friend list..$50 dollars for a friend list it was even worst than now. PS2 online had online play with voice chat before live was even release. MS charge for live for the same reason they lock DVD playback and charge for it,because they were trying to make for the huge losses the unit was giving them,PSN now is as good as live where it counts gaming,the only thing XBL has over PSN are minor stupid things like automatic this or that like achievement sink,yeah is so hard for me to touch a damn button to sink on PSN. Party chat is not even exclusive any more the VIta does it and if it wasn't for the PS3 limited memory the PS3 would do it as well..lol Home who care.? Thank god you have nothing like it MS would charge you even more for something like it,and you will eat it like you eat crappy party chat,the fact that i can stream videos without been tied to a $60 dollar pay scheme alone prove how horrible MS policy are and how much 360 fans are full of sh** and will eat anything trow at them,i hope they hike that live price even more,people like you deserve to be scam.. I did not get a Vita because sony used a damn proprietary memory card format to expensive compare to the normal one,that is what you should do when a company try to screw you,maybe if more of you were like that you would now have free online play on 360. You pay to get the same lag i get more cheaters and screaming kids as well,you are been scam.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 tormentos
people didn't believe your lies before and they're not gonna start believing it now.

lol eltormo.

KarateeeChop
My lies...:lol: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/10/13/microsoft-lost-126-billion-launching-the-xbox-360.htm MS loss 1.26 billions just on launching the xbox 360.. http://www.1up.com/news/heavy-losses-microsoft-entertainment-division MS loss 1.9 billions on 2007.. 1.26 + 1.9 = 3.16 This from 2005 to 2007. 3.16 + 4 (xbox) = 7.16 billion loss for MS from 2001 to 2007.. Links speak louder than Fanboysm..:lol:
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#186 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]people didn't believe your lies before and they're not gonna start believing it now.

lol eltormo.

tormentos

My lies...:lol: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/10/13/microsoft-lost-126-billion-launching-the-xbox-360.htm MS loss 1.26 billions just on launching the xbox 360.. http://www.1up.com/news/heavy-losses-microsoft-entertainment-division MS loss 1.9 billions on 2007.. 1.26 + 1.9 = 3.16 This from 2005 to 2007. 3.16 + 4 (xbox) = 7.16 billion loss for MS from 2001 to 2007.. Links speak louder than Fanboysm..:lol:

the xbox lost 4 billion? :shock: well i learn something new everyday.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#187 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

with every company trying to bring connectivity to everything, i don't really know what would justify a fee. psn is basically a discount card and i don't think that ms is going to go that route. what needs to happen is something bigger than connectivity functions.

but they shouldn't charge online mp...no one should

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
Have a nice day and try to get a life. :D2_Quiet_2_Riot
You're posting here too.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Only with MS do you get 1/2 the game you paid for unless you pay them for the privilege for playing the other half. Gee thanks MS. :roll: