the fundamental problem of system wars

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts

when a game was exclusive and becomes multiplat (DMC4), the group that gets the game "owns" the group that...still has the game!!!

i dont understand it!....how is it owning, or even worse, pwning, if everyone can play a game?

the only timeĀ  anyone is "owned" is when a game was a big exclusive hit on one console, and then it become an exclusive of a competing console.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
N o this is the problem with SW....
Its Sheep + Lemmings against Cows
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The problem with System Wars is that the days of it being an enjoyable place to come an discuss games, with some hilariousness every so often, are long over.
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
DMC has always been a sony exclusive, so cows (including me) said that DMC4 will probably not got to the 360, but to my surprise it did, and might soon to follow FFXIII, thats why lemms claim ownage, and as the ball of bad news keeps rolling for sony fans lemmings have fun buy rubbing it in our faces.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Its Sheep + Lemmings against Cowspoopinloop32
:roll: I think all fanboys play an equally integral role, besides, this board is all about "VS."
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spartan070
The problem with System Wars is that the days of it being an enjoyable place to come an discuss games, with some hilariousness every so often, are long over.foxhound_fox
That still takes place on General Games Discussion.
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts
So if FFXIII and also MGS4 goes multiplat...you would still be happy with your PS3...or feel pwned? Exclusives is what makes a system worth spending money on. And with DMC4 coming to 360...cows are officially pwned! Not to mention soon Final Fantasy franchise will go multiplat too unless Sony will start doing something soon.
alxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alxy_07
Member since 2004 • 1342 Posts
It sounds like some of you guys take this place to seriously.Ā  I get a laugh out of seeing what people have to say about how much the other console sucks, or why there perferred console is the best.Ā  Many times the arguments are quite funny.Ā  My advice is don't take it seriously (if you actually think a 'system wars' forum can have a problem), stuff that goes on in here has no impact on anything...
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
The fundamental problem of System Wars is the insular mindset and the inability to see beyong the 'core' gaming community, the fundamental problem is the failure to acknowledge so-called called 'killer apps' are about as attractive to the bulk of customers as Michael Jackson in a gimp suit.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]The problem with System Wars is that the days of it being an enjoyable place to come an discuss games, with some hilariousness every so often, are long over.Spartan070
That still takes place on General Games Discussion.

so does all of SyluxElites stickies!....i should stop
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
It wasn't always this way. Alliances change, it's just the cows that are finding themselves at the bottom of the pack for once.
tacomh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tacomh
Member since 2003 • 1847 Posts

this is WAR , thats not a problem, and besides everyday the cows andlemmings remind sheep of how bad their graphics are, so whats the big deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

I would say the problem with system wars is the same problem affecting north America today...people forming an opinion FIRST, and then only listening to the things that back up that opinion.Ā  Too many darn insecure cry-babies if you ask me.

But on to your comment:

when a game was exclusive and becomes multiplat (DMC4), the group that gets the game "owns" the group that...still has the game!!!

i dont understand it!....how is it owning, or even worse, pwning, if everyone can play a game?

the only timeĀ  anyone is "owned" is when a game was a big exclusive hit on one console, and then it become an exclusive of a competing console.

darrowby88

It is considered owning because exclusives are what sell a console.Ā  ONce a game stops being exlcusive for a certain console, they affectively lose the audience that would have originally bought that console for that particular game.Ā  I am a huge MGS and FF fan.Ā  If the PS3 has those games exclusive, I am most likely going to buy that console.Ā  However, if those games are NOT exclusive, then it is less likely I will buy that console.Ā Ā 

Exclusives sell a console.Ā  If Sony keeps losing them but doesn't start pumping out exclusives that get people interested, then they will lose more audience than they've already lost due to the price tag.Ā  those exlcusives going to the 360 helps MS because they are combined with an already great library of games, many of which ARE exlcusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

I'm not so certain about that.Ā  I've long heald the theory that the vast majority of battles here are between sheep and lemmings.Ā  the catch is that when sheep attack lemmings, lemmings call them cows.Ā  And then when lemmings attack sheep, the sheep call them cows.

So it only seems like it is everyone against cows.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 poopinloop32

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]N o this is the problem with SW....
Its Sheep + Lemmings against CowsZIMdoom

I'm not so certain about that.Ā  I've long heald the theory that the vast majority of battles here are between sheep and lemmings.Ā  the catch is that when sheep attack lemmings, lemmings call them cows.Ā  And then when lemmings attack sheep, the sheep call them cows.

So it only seems like it is everyone against cows.

yes I do agree...and its worse when Sheep use 360 as a backup arguement against the PS3
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts
They need to raise the age limit to 18.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
because dmc4 would be used to own lemmings because it wasn't on the 360. now it will be. :|
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
because dmc4 would be used to own lemmings because it wasn't on the 360. now it will be. :|CaseyWegner
Since being here, I have never seen you make a good comment about PS3 and its fanbase. I know you a hermit, so why do you stick up for Lemmings?
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

... is the people who post here.

I'M PART OF THE PROBLEM BABY!

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

the only time anyone is "owned" is when a game was a big exclusive hit on one console, and then it become an exclusive of a competing console.

darrowby88
well there is some small ownage when an exclusive goes multiplat. mostly because now some gamers can experience the game for a cheaper starting price. that and the other console fans just lost another reason why their console is "better"
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
In the case of DMC4, it's Sony losing an exclusive. That's what is seen as "ownage".
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]because dmc4 would be used to own lemmings because it wasn't on the 360. now it will be. :|shungokustasu
Since being here, I have never seen you make a good comment about PS3 and its fanbase. I know you a hermit, so why do you stick up for Lemmings?

i stick up for logic.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

darrowby88
All games, including multiplats, are why we game at all. Exclusives and performance are why we choose a specific system over another. This is why losing exclusives = ownage.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]because dmc4 would be used to own lemmings because it wasn't on the 360. now it will be. :|CaseyWegner

i stick up for logic.

So, logically you think losing an exclusive is ownage?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]because dmc4 would be used to own lemmings because it wasn't on the 360. now it will be. :|shungokustasu

i stick up for logic.

in system wars, how is it not?

mig-fulcrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mig-fulcrum
Member since 2004 • 260 Posts
Wow.Ā  Mods are on a rampage.Ā  I've never seen so many padlocks on a forum (well maybe NeoGaf).
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] So, logically you think losing an exclusive is ownage?

Does losing an exclusive mean that a system has one less argument going for it in the purchase decision-making process? I'd say yes. That is the ownage.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]because dmc4 would be used to own lemmings because it wasn't on the 360. now it will be. :|CaseyWegner

i stick up for logic.

How is it bad if I'm still able to play the game? Sure, it's not an exclusive and you now can enjoy the same game I enjoy. You think it's ownage because now I can't use that as leverage? The logically sense would be we equal. The ownage would be if you actually "stole" the exclusive.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"] So, logically you think losing an exclusive is ownage?

Does losing an exclusive mean that a system has one less argument going for it in the purchase decision-making process? I'd say yes. That is the ownage.

You know what really bothers me the most. People who goes on the Mod side and say his right, even when his wrong.
tag_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tag_001
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts

Uh, you purchase a system for it's exclusives. Hence once a system loses some "exclusive" titles the otehr group claims ownage as this game can no longer be used as a reason why X system is better than Y system.

Ā As an example I was really thinking about getting a PS3 instead of a Xbox 360 for now because I'm a HUGE DMC fan. Now that the game is coming to Xbox 360and PC I lost anotehr reason to buy a PS3. Pretty much only GoW3 and MGS4 is left.

Ā 

tag_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tag_001
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"] So, logically you think losing an exclusive is ownage?shungokustasu

You know what really bothers me the most. People who goes on the Mod side and say his right, even when his wrong.

That's because he's right. Let's someone's biggest reason to get a PS3 was DMC4(AKA me), now that DMC4 is multiplat I have lost my main reason to buy a PS3 and will probably get a 360 instead as it gets the DMC series + more good exclusives this year/early next year.

Therefore they lost a sale right there, that is the definiton of ownage. When a system loses a good reason to buy it since you can enjoy the same experience/game on anotehr system(wich is cheaper BTW).

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CaseyWegner

How is it bad if I'm still able to play the game? Sure, it's not an exclusive and you now can enjoy the same game I enjoy. You think it's ownage because now I can't use that as leverage? The logically sense would be we equal. The ownage would be if you actually "stole" the exclusive.shungokustasu

it doesn't matter if you can still play it. if the TLHBO because it's exclusive then TCHBO if it's not. cows said the game would not come to the 360 but they were wrong.

Ā 

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Spartan070
You think it's ownage because now I can't use that as leverage? shungokustasu
Yes. People have been using it as leverage and now they can't. Maybe not you but plenty of people. Anytime something is denied it's ownage, in this case, leverage.
Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]because dmc4 would be used to own lemmings because it wasn't on the 360. now it will be. :|shungokustasu

i stick up for logic.

How is it bad if I'm still able to play the game? Sure, it's not an exclusive and you now can enjoy the same game I enjoy. You think it's ownage because now I can't use that as leverage? The logically sense would be we equal. The ownage would be if you actually "stole" the exclusive.

A little analogy. Big brother waving a big sucker in front of his little brother saying HAHA!! "I have a big sucker and you dont and I won't share it and you will never get to taste it!" The little brother takes out the same sucker and says I have one too but I paid less for mine.