The FSA: Former-Sheep Anonymous - For the fans that have lost their faith. -

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

Are a Nintendo fan?

Are you

?

Vent your complaints!

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
The system is too expensive, games arent marketed enough, games get delayed too much, very little third party exclusives
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
C'mon man..why cant the Wii be a casual box. There is no room for another KillboxStation. On top of that you can kill all you want on the PC. So thats 3 forms of killing you can do. Plus you can kill stuff on the Wii if you'd like. Let 'em live. I just wish the thing was HD.
UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts
Pff, way to generalize.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Nintendo, a console that is, what, more than TWICE as powerful as yours is selling for 20% less. That ain't right.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Can I say all of the above? D:
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Nintendo, a console* that is, what, more than TWICE as powerful as yours is selling for 20% less. That ain't right.Verge_6
*With a much superiorlibrary and vastly better online service.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
boo hoo they make 2 casual games, make sin & punishment 2, punch out, wario land, animal crossing, disaster, publish fatal frame 4, mario galaxy, fire emblem, paper mario, zelda, smash bros, kart, and making pikmin 3 as well as new zelda, have an amazing downloadable games service, have almost 200 7.0 or higher rated games on gamespot in 2 years for Wii BUT NOOOO wii fit and wii music overshadow All of that you act like they took away your right of free speech or to carry a handgun calm down with WiiWare, VC, and nintendo games on Wii as well as 2 tales of games, 4 final fantasy games, monster hunter 3 and DQ10 i couldnt more satisfied with my Wii but i suppose you dont count home, buzz, singstar, buzz jr, mindless PSN arcade shooters, and marketing your console as a dark knight on blu ray player as marketing to non-gamers do you? the best selling console have the best and worst games by the end of their lives (fatal frame DQ10 are proof of this)
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]boo hoo they make 2 casual games

Animal Crossing and Pimkin are HARDCORE MUTHA-******'s :P

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
Even if their core franchises get easier I'll still enjoy them, Wind Waker was easier than OOT and MM but it's still one of my favorite Zeldas. I just wish they didn't dumb down Smash Bros, if they didn't Brawl would be the only game I'd need. And seriously, they need to start making good online.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
Wii has had much more AAA and AA third party games this year.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
I want Fatal Frame. :cry:
DaSorcerer77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaSorcerer77
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts

The system is too expensive, games arent marketed enough, games get delayed too much, very little third party exclusivesAgentA-Mi6

sounds like you're talking about the ps3

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

Why buy a Wii when you can get a PS2 for cheap?

When the graphics are pretty similar, and they have similar games such as Okami, Resident Evil 4, etc.

Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
i used to be a sheep, they let me down when they changed their overall marketing direction, and i figured they'd start to go downhill, I was right unfortunately it seems...
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
i used to be a sheep, they let me down when they changed their overall marketing direction, and i figured they'd start to go downhill, I was right unfortunately it seems...Heydanbud92
and sonys BR marketing doesnt upset u? MS's netflix, NXE, and kung fu panda bundles don't do the same?
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

I want Fatal Frame. :cry:SER69

Official Nintendo Magazine has confirmed that it's coming out in EU in Feb. '09 so I imagine we could be seeing it anywhere between January and March.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I lost my "faith" in Nintendo long ago, after the N64. So I guess I'll just say keep making awesome games, and try to reduce the overall suckage levels of your consoles?
Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
[QUOTE="Heydanbud92"]i used to be a sheep, they let me down when they changed their overall marketing direction, and i figured they'd start to go downhill, I was right unfortunately it seems...darth-pyschosis
and sonys BR marketing doesnt upset u? MS's netflix, NXE, and kung fu panda bundles don't do the same?

I could care less about PR or netflix, how do they affect me again? I don't listen to sony's BS and I don't use Netflix. why would kung fu panda bundles bother me? that's ridiculous. I can't believe you are trying to align MS's overall marketing strategy to ninty's... I want results from nintendo. GC had better first party games at this point in it's life IMO.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts
I was confused by the expensive thing, and then I remember how inexpensive the hardware was. For me though it was the fact that they are making far too many games that are simple or bad (EA route) instead of making a few games that are good (any good developer route).
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I hate the Wii mine just sits on my imaginary shelf and collects imaginary dust. While I play Kung Fu Panda on my 360.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
I was a big sheep last gen, no doubt. But then I got real big into graphics, online multiplayer, and shadow of the colossus. After that....things changed. :P
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
The last good game released was SSBB so I had quite enough and gave it to my 7 year old brother. He uses it a lot more than I did.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts

[QUOTE="SER69"]I want Fatal Frame. :cry:TreyoftheDead

Official Nintendo Magazine has confirmed that it's coming out in EU in Feb. '09 so I imagine we could be seeing it anywhere between January and March.

That's good news, but I wanted it yesterday. :( Anyhow I'm just complaining to go with the sentiment of the thread, in fact I have plenty of games yet to finish. Yay for me!
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I'm a Nintendo fan, always have been but to call me a sheep would be inaccurate to say the least. I'm a fan of all consoles. My only complaint with Nintendo is that there just is not enough good quality games out this second half of '08 on the Wii.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
I was a big sheep last gen, no doubt. But then I got real big into graphics, online multiplayer, and shadow of the colossus. After that....things changed. :PTeufelhuhn
you're saying that nintendo can never make a game as good as shadow of the collossus?
Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
Nintendo needs to... Nintendo Seriously needs to make a new IP that isnt "Wii" related Stop letting anyone make a wii game Improve the quality of their games (Im looking at you Zelda and Animal Crossing) Make more "Hardcore games" Make a better online Gain more good 3rd party support But they won't do any of those, I still like Nintendo, and I'm not ashamed that I own a wii (Galaxy and Brawl make it worth it), but if Nintendo wants to be loved again, they gotta step it up
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
I still am and probably always will be supporting Nintendo for the memories and games they give me. Even though I never tough the families Wii and almost no one do, I think it's done a great thing. Though it's pricy for the ammount of power it possess (or lack thereof) and it usually ends up having tacked on motion sensing in the majority of games, not to mention that almost every single 3rd party game is junk.
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]I was a big sheep last gen, no doubt. But then I got real big into graphics, online multiplayer, and shadow of the colossus. After that....things changed. :PShinobishyguy
you're saying that nintendo can never make a game like shadow of the collossus

It would be crazy to think they were incapable, but from what we've seen so far I don't think they have intentions of doing so.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]I was a big sheep last gen, no doubt. But then I got real big into graphics, online multiplayer, and shadow of the colossus. After that....things changed. :Pstrudel420

It would be crazy to think they were incapable, but from what we've seen so far I don't think they have intentions of doing so.

There's a third party game making a Shadow the Colossus type game.
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

[QUOTE="strudel420"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] you're saying that nintendo can never make a game like shadow of the collossusWilly105

I've heard of it, but I was referring to Nintendo as a game developer. To be fair though Sony didn't make SOTC either.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
it's a combination of a few things. #1. absoluetly AWFUL third party support. the gamecube still had awesome third party games such as timeplitters, SUDA games, etc. while the wii gets Bloom box and mercury crap (yes, that is a generalization, but it's true that the wii's third party support is lacking severely even compared to the ps3's) #2. nintendo hasn't come out with a good game since MKwii #3. nintendo doesn't try anyhing new very often. it's always reboots, rehashes, or remakes of old nintendo franchises. has their been a new IP for the wii by nintendo yet? (that wasn't rubbish IE not wii music fit etc) #4. waggle is very superficial. sheep portrayed waggle as revolutionary and that the gameplay >graphics. but quite frankly, i'm finding the 360 and ps3's combination of graphics and gameplay to be absolutely trumping the wii's "gameplay"
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]boo hoo they make 2 casual games

Animal Crossing and Pimkin are HARDCORE MUTHA-******'s :Pblue_hazy_basic

I agree with Animal Crossing..but you spelled pikmin wrong and the pikmin games are amazing AAAE quality.. :roll:

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="strudel420"] It would be crazy to think they were incapable, but from what we've seen so far I don't think they have intentions of doing so.strudel420

I've heard of it, but I was referring to Nintendo as a game developer. To be fair though Sony didn't make SOTC either.

They did... Team Ico are first party Sony...
no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 no_handlebars
Member since 2008 • 1774 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="strudel420"]

There's a third party game making a Shadow the Colossus type game.Willy105

They did... Team Ico are first party Sony...

Speaking of which.....I've been replaying Shadow of The Colossus and I must say, it's soundtrack it's extraordinary. I love it. Even had the CD imported from Japan. (A despair-filled farewell is my favorite song.)
dattruth4real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dattruth4real
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts

I wouldnt call the system expensive, but severly dissapointing, there hasnt been any high calibur nintendo brand names released in some time now, and punch out and sin and punishment coming down the grape vine do not exactly have me excited..

MY wii is currently collecting dust under my bed, mabey ill dust it off and play some smg, *sigh*

On a side note madworld and tatsunoku vs capcom both look ace, i hope they do bring it here, id buy it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
[QUOTE="strudel420"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] you're saying that nintendo can never make a game like shadow of the collossusWilly105

Are you referring to Kizuna?
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
I personally still have faith in Nintendo mainly just because of how good 07 was for Wii and how the first half of 08 was still alright, No More Heroes, MK:Wii, SSBB, Boom Blox and probably many more good games that I just can't remember right now. So imo the Wii delivered in 07 and the first half of 08, but in the second half of 08 that's when things went all wrong for the Wii. So as long as 09 is alright I'll keep my faith in the big N.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#40 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

All of the above. And yes, 250$ for a glorfied Xbox with wiggle waggle and 50$ for less than PS2 quality games is a ripoff. I realized the error of my purchase once I realized Brawl was a letdown after banking on it for over a year.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

My PC makes up for the lack of Wii games, so no complaints here.

dattruth4real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dattruth4real
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

All of the above. And yes, 250$ for a glorfied Xbox with wiggle waggle and 50$ for less than PS2 quality games is a ripoff. I realized the error of my purchase once I realized Brawl was a letdown after banking on it for over a year.

Bigboi500
Somebody has the Sony goggles strapped on too tight. ;)

actually not at all, that was a fair asessment of the current drivel leaking out of the wii's orfices on store shelves...:?
Holyknight_CJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Holyknight_CJ
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts
I've had my Wii for 11 months, and have yet to buy a game. I'll get Mario Galaxy when I have some money, and I might sell it after that, except it was a gift, so I'm hesitant to do so.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
this system is a rip off and the games are so crappy i lost all hope
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The Wii and Nintendo are taking a different road than me when it comes to gaming. It is a shame really, I just discovered what a fantastic system the Gamecube was.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
I miss when Nintendo pumped out there quality 1st/2nd party games... Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 were awesome...and since those games Brawl has been the only game worth putting on the same list Mario kart Wii and No More Heroes were solid at best....where is the rest of the good games NINTENDO?
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

i counted around 20 exclusives for 09, mostly third party so..

i don't think nintendo is doing too bad, especially since they had more exclusives than 360 in 08 as well

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]I was a big sheep last gen, no doubt. But then I got real big into graphics, online multiplayer, and shadow of the colossus. After that....things changed. :Pstrudel420

I'd say that mario galaxy is on par with SOTC as far as gaming master pieces go. But yeah...unless nintendo pulls their thumbs out of their asses I doubt we'll see another game on the wii thats on-par with those two.