The Elder Scrolls VI under development

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Link

Well Bethesda is working hard to release Fallout 4, and when that's released, all focus will go onto the next Elder Scrolls game.

Rumor has it that it will take place at the home of the Thalmor, Summerset Isle and Valenwood as it may end up being the sequel of Skyrim.

I wouldn't mind being the Dragonborn once again as long as they can fix up their combat and see if they can improve the main story, because the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt just made it hard for me to enjoy another Elder Scrolls game.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

File this under No Shit.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

Well Bethesda is working hard to release Fallout 4, and when that's released, all focus will go onto the next Elder Scrolls game.

Rumor has it that it will take place at the home of the Thalmor, Summerset Isle and Valenwood as it may end up being the sequel of Skyrim.

I wouldn't mind being the Dragonborn once again as long as they can fix up their combat and see if they can improve the main story, because the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt just made it hard for me to enjoy another Elder Scrolls game.

It better take place in the Summerset Isles, Valenwood, and Elseweyr (In lore, the Thalmor have control over that land too). It would be a buzzkill if it wasn't considering the Civil War plot, but I wonder how Bethesda will handle that, hopefully kind of like Obsidian did KOTOR II at least), but I don't see it being the Dragonborn. Probably some Altmeri/Bosmeri/Khajiit (though I'll be a Dunmer my first playthrough, as usual) hero to fight the Thalmor.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

judging by what they're doing with fallout 4 i can't say im jumping for joy at this news..

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Bethesda has a constant supply of trash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Good. It'll be awesome.

Cue the hipster hate. Stay salty, guys.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Wondering if it'll still have shallow gameplay,boring quests and shitty writing

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReadingRainbow4

@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

I liked their games before they were bad.

batosaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 batosaims
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts

Rather have ES than Fallout.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

I was hoping they let Obsidian do a Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

Anyway Todd Howard will talk about how they are going to make the combat better and other bullshit and it will be the same as Skyrim's shallow floaty buggy shit combat as any Bethesda game directed by this man. same engine. same shit. the sooner this guy leaves the better.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendoboy16

@a-new-guardian said:

I was hoping they let Obsidian do a Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

Anyway Todd Howard will talk about how they are going to make the combat better and other bullshit and it will be the same as Skyrim's shallow floaty buggy shit combat as any Bethesda game directed by this man. same engine. same shit. the sooner this guy leaves the better.

Unfortunately, with Chris Avellone (who's had history with Fallout, much like many others there) gone. It might not be the same.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

not hating..just not getting excited for Bethesda games these days.

and come on..fallout 4 at E3 looked like a straight shooter with "RPG elements".

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23941 Posts

I am not surprised that it is in development. What did surprise me however is that it took this long to hear something about it.

@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

Hipster hate? Skyrim and Oblivion were outright trash in a lot of respects.

Regardless, there is nothing to hate just yet. But there will be plenty of hate going around if it turns out to be like Skyrim, but with even more features and mechanics stripped out.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendoboy16

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

Dude, even Morrowind (which I'm playing and you defend) has some problems. Like it's combat, which unlike Oblivion and Skyrim, has NO idea what it wants to be (missing because of low stamina... how do I know that Bethesda couldn't program hitboxes for shit at the time?).

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

Not hating, Char. Love Oblivion and Skyrim (and all their respective DLC, but for me Shivering Isles > Dragonborn > Dawnguard > Knights of the Nine). If anything, Morrowind (which I'm playing and liking) has aged the worst.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I'm going to kill every snooty high elf I see. As a nord.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoboy16

@DocSanchez said:

I'm going to kill every snooty high elf I see. As a nord.

I'll be starting as a Dunmer (favorite race; first playthrough, not sure on second) doing the same. Thalmor bastards be deserving it, no matter the alignment.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Sequel to one of the most popular WRPG's series? Shocking!

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

Dude, even Morrowind (which I'm playing and you defend) has some problems. Like it's combat, which unlike Oblivion and Skyrim, has NO idea what it wants to be (missing because of low stamina... how do I know that Bethesda couldn't program hitboxes for shit at the time?).

I want you to think about how long ago Morrowind came out.

The saddest thing is their combat hasn't evolved much since then, which was acceptable at the time.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendoboy16

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So? Admittedly, the game doesn't age very well. But no amount of time should excuse a horrible combat system and borderline late 90's character models in a 2002-2003 game.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So? Admittedly, the game doesn't age very well. But no amount of time should excuse a horrible combat system and borderline late 90's character models in a 2002-2003 game.

That same horrible combat system persists in every elder scrolls game. The most they've done is make refinements to how archery and magic is used.

Your other complaint is about graphics in an old game. Truth be told most people play morrowind for the lore and fantastic world design.

They're extremely fucking lazy.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nintendoboy16

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

That same horrible combat system persists in every elder scrolls game. The most they've done is make refinements to how archery and magic is used.

Your other complaint is about graphics in an old game. Truth be told most people play morrowind for the lore and fantastic world design.

Not really. Any combat problems in Oblivion and Skyrim are for different reasons. At least I'm not missing when it clearly looks like I'm hitting under the guise of a low stamina bar when it could be a horrible hitbox.

Besides, nobody here has EVER said a game aged bad by it's visuals and gameplay... OH WAIT.

Loading Video...

And again, a 2002-2003 game. Maybe there were some compromises to make a big world like that to work (even GTA had weak looking character models back then, but even those games were mainly developed on PlayStation 2), but still. Reminds me of a much more clearer Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#23 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Once it's announced, I'm sure it'll be near the top of my list for anticipated games. I spend so much time with these. So much fun.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Since Daggerfall a nord warrior has always been my starter.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

That same horrible combat system persists in every elder scrolls game.

Not really. Any combat problems in Oblivion and Skyrim are for different reasons. At least I'm not missing when it clearly looks like I'm hitting under the guise of a low stamina bar when it could be a horrible hitbox.

You're still swinging a sword at the air and blocking with a shield 90% of the time with the same piss poor animations. rightclick-left click, oh lawd such skill.

Bethesda never changed. It's still the same old shit. It's just now it's so old and tired that it's easier to criticize for the majority of the people familiar with their games. Really the moment the Gothic Series made it onto the scene they should of taken notes.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoboy16

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You're still swinging a sword at the air and blocking with a shield 90% of the time with the same piss poor animations. rightclick-left click, oh lawd such skill.

Bethesda never changed. It's still the same old shit. It's just now it's so old and tired that it's easier to criticize for the majority of the people familiar with their games. Really the moment the Gothic Series made it onto the scene they should of taken notes.

When the hell did I bring up skill?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ReadingRainbow4

@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

When the hell did I bring up skill?

You didn't, I just felt like throwing it in there as an example of another quality Bethesda games lack which is Challenge.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendoboy16

@DocSanchez said:

@nintendoboy16: Since Daggerfall a nord warrior has always been my starter.

I see. I started with an Orc when I played my friend's PS3 version of Oblivion, but when I replayed the game on 360. I've since started first playthroughs with a Dunmer. I just love their versatility.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

Never played Skyrim, but I wouldn't oppose a sequel. You're absolutely right about the combat needing a big overhaul. From what I played of Oblivion, & what I've seen from skyrim(youtube videos), the Witcher's 3 gameplay/combat is far superior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

Yay

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FireEmblem_Man

@ladyblue said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

Never played Skyrim, but I wouldn't oppose a sequel. You're absolutely right about the combat needing a big overhaul. From what I played of Oblivion, & what I've seen from skyrim(youtube videos), the Witcher's 3 gameplay/combat is far superior.

Well combat yes, but I'm talking about the overall plotline and quests. Witcher 3 has a lot of character build up and memorable scenes. Also Witcher 3 has a far deep side quests.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

Yup. Skyrim was awesome. Day 1

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Isn't Elder Scrolls just Fallout with more wood?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ladyblue said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

Well combat yes, but I'm talking about the overall plotline and quests. Witcher 3 has a lot of character build up and memorable scenes. Also Witcher 3 has a far deep side quests.

Well, they both have different ways of presenting, & developing the story(& it's characters). Things might change judging by F4.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FireEmblem_Man

@ladyblue said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ladyblue said:

Well, they both have different ways of presenting, & developing the story(& it's characters). Things might change judging by F4.

Maybe, but I loved New Vegas and Wild Hunt.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@lawlessx said:

judging by what they're doing with fallout 4 i can't say im jumping for joy at this news..

This^^. Would've loved this news few months ago before Fallout 4 annoncement but now I think its RPG elements will be dumbed down to oblivion. SKYRIM was already Streamlined but it was still fun because in my opinion it found right balance between RPG elements and exploration and worked greatly.

Still excited though and it makes sense if they are making the another once, since the last one was a big success on all 3 platforms. I also agree with TC that they need to make their stories more interesting.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#37 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Of course it's in development.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

Meh some people have trash taste, anyways I'm highly excited for a new Elder Scrolls

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:
@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

Meh some people have trash taste, anyways I'm highly excited for a new Elder Scrolls

That comments a double edged sword if I've ever seen one, lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

I think I'll lecture someone on healthy eating while ordering a super sized double quarter pounder with cheese meal, extra salt on the fries. Makes sense.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

After Skyrim, fk ES.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

meh dark souls and witcher series eliminated the need for any bethesda rpgs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

not hating..just not getting excited for Bethesda games these days.

and come on..fallout 4 at E3 looked like a straight shooter with "RPG elements".

That's what Fallout 3 was. A shooter with RPG elements.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

It will have the same shit engine spruced up (much turd polishing incoming), boring quests, 5 million bugs, badly drawn NPC's and a main quest so bad it will seem they had a competition in-house to see who came up with the 'storyline' that put gamers to sleep the quickest.

In other words, it will be a Bethesda game.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Bethesda has a constant supply of trash.

Opinions are like assholes...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@charizard1605 said:

Good. It'll be awesome.

Yea I wouldn't take someones opinion who constantly bashes Bethesda seriously.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Duh. This really isn't surprising.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Not surprised or interested tbh. I started not to care after Oblivion. I just couldn't get into Skyrim the same way.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

Very expected. The games sell very well on PC and consoles. They'd be idiots to not be working on it. I'm pretty sure they started doing some design work on it right after Skyrim was completed.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FireEmblem_Man

@Wasdie said:

Duh. This really isn't surprising.

But can they surpass the greatness of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?