The Division 2 is miles better then Anthem! This is how you make a good loot shooter game Bioware, so take notes!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Currently playing the open beta, really enjoyed what I've played so far... it's very much an evolution on the first Division, which for me is not really a bad thing. I think the release of Division 2 is going to put a very big dent in the Anthem player base, Bioware really wasted a good core game so Division 2 is really gonna take over as the newest loot shooter in town.

(For those who don't know, The Division 2 beta is open for testing the waters out before you buy)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58308 Posts

@davillain-: Yeah I am enjoying it.

EA is an example of regression in game development and publishing, while Ubisoft is an example of progression; both are part of the "Big company = bad" line of thinking, but they do make games still that are fun. Or one does :P

I only spent an hour or two with The Division 2 but already found it a lot better, mechanically-speaking.

Anthem is still an enjoyable game, however, I don't think it deserves half the hate it is getting.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#3 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

yea its really slick, I played the open beta for a few hours over the weekend.

I get Last of Us/Crysis 2 vibes from the overgrown urban setting.

if you didn't like The Division 1 I can't see it changing your mind but if you liked that game, D2 seems like a solid improvement

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

I really don't like the map. The first Division's world looked way better and felt more atmospheric. I might get it when it's dirt cheap, cause it's still the same game.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#5 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I was really enjoying it, and I love the original. I'm pretty excited for its release.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I played the first division. Nothing is memorable to me except running to cover and trying to out DPS shotgunners. Oh and getting mowed in the dark zone. Hopefully trying the new game can get me on board because it would be nice to actually have a loot shooter that worked.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator

I personally like the Washington DC map, then NYC, way more open space and the environment is really great. Totally day one purchase on PC. I had low expectation and it really change my mind about Division 2 and the fact I still like anything from Tom Clancy is a nice bonus.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

one loot RPG shooter is better than other?? its like saying one trash is better than other.

the devision 2 is destine to be another failure. especially its on Epic launcher. Metro is lucky to be not hated because its too good to be hated. while division 2 will be incredibly hated.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

I'm kinda sick of loot shooters and bullet sponge enemies. With destiny I could accept the bullet sponge enemies slightly but with the division it was a huge turn off for me.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 with_teeth26
@ghosts4ever said:

one loot RPG shooter is better than other?? its like saying one trash is better than other.

the devision 2 is destine to be another failure. especially its on Epic launcher. Metro is lucky to be not hated because its too good to be hated. while division 2 will be incredibly hated.

its not exclusive to the Epic launcher though. and I don't believe it was ever being sold on steam (I could be wrong about this)

the first Division sold very well and was generally well liked. It seems like they are improving on most things its fan based complained about (mostly end game stuff and how the dark zone works).

I can't see it failing or being hated outside of people like yourself.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#11  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Not really my thing. Prefer my looter shooter sci-fi and unrealistic looking.

But I'm glad it seems they learned from the mistakes of the past and applied the lessons. From what I can gather, it looks like Anthem just didn't learn anything from the genre at large. That's probably the difference.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I've played the open beta and the only complaint I have is the walking is tedious and Al in this game are very smart and are very good at shooting. One time they double team me and killed me multiple times. Its meant to play as a team/co-op and staying in cover. Which makes the gun battles slow-paced compared to other shooter games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator

@with_teeth26 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its not exclusive to the Epic launcher though. and I don't believe it was ever being sold on steam (I could be wrong about this)

the first Division sold very well and was generally well liked. It seems like they are improving on most things its fan based complained about (mostly end game stuff and how the dark zone works).

I can't see it failing or being hated outside of people like yourself.

Buying Division 2 from Epic Store makes no sense, regardless if it's on Steam or Epic store, it still requires to run on Uplay. In this case, you might as well buy it on Uplay and Uplay is nowhere near as bad as Epic store. The first Division was available on Steam but Division 2 will be skipping Steam and favor of Epic or Uplay and either way, gotta run it through Uplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Werent you one of the folks who claimed "Anthem is cool, idc what anyone says"?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45108 Posts

Weren't you praising Anthem not that long ago? I.e. last week or something lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic: @Vatusus: Never said I love Anthem, just stated I like the core gameplay and the rest was wasted in terms of story and content.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

We shall see.... the end game is what really makes or breaks these types of games. To say that "this is how it should be done" before launch day is a bit ridiculous, and pandering to the outrage crowds.

That being said... I am hyped and looking forward to this one. Hopefully it nails the PvE.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

I really like it.

I like how they changed the mission format where you feel like what you are doing matters.

I loved working to make allies and the more you help them the stronger they get in that particular area and help you in free roam fights.

It gives me incentive to do their missions and help them build up bases.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

@davillain-: I kind of love it myself. Customizing your own Javelins of each class, reading about the thoroughly explained lore, flying around defeating enemies in freeplay, talking to interesting and witty characters at the Fort, raining fire on ememies in story mode while the graphics look amazing. I give it a solid 7.5/10 even if I am dissapointed in the open world exploration and lack of mystery in it. The game does a lot right, it deserves some credit. Did I mention the flying is just so well animated and satisfying to watch?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This might sound strange, but I have a really hard time seeing other human people as bullet sponge enemies.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

I'll probably pick it up toward the end of the month. I stopped playing The Division after about 12 hours, but the open beta for 2 was pretty solid. It's shown me that it's about time to upgrade my 1070 though, as maintaining 1080p/60 on highest settings isn't doable (drops to between 45 and 60.)

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

My only criticism of The Division 2 is when you go to the safe house and the car moves out of the way....it is the same sound effect as a gate moving.

It makes no sense and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It is jarring and hilarious at the same time.

Why would a car rolling backwards/forwards sound like chain link fence moving?

It should sound like a tire rolling on a road...or some gravel.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#24 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

I'll just play the first game and save my money. Same diff.

You must never play sequels then. The first game is all you need apparently.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

This might sound strange, but I have a really hard time seeing other human people as bullet sponge enemies.

Not strange at all. It completely ruins the reality they try to create. As does the mute protagonist. **** The Division and most other RPG shooters. The weapon impact is mediocre too, standard for Ubisoft.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@davillain-:

Can you stick to one opinion narrative? Have heard you said the same about Anthem against Destiny and now you're saying the same with Division against Anthem. You had 2-3 threads singing praises of Anthem.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

Played the beta, hard pass I find the division combat very monotonous which tbh is the one thing Anthem absolutely nailed. The combat-fly around loop was fun, Anthem has a problem with loot and incentives, not to mention a general lack of content especially noticeable once you finish the story, (there are more problems but for the sake of brevity.) but the actual act of flying around and shooting things is solid, for me the division by comparison is a slog, so no matter how much content there is I'm un-engaged by the core combat offering.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Yeah, it's probably crap like other loot shooters. You made a thread about how good Anthem is. Now you make a thread about how Division 2 does it right and that Bioware should take notes. So what you say about these games doesn't really mean anything. You're starting to sound like an ad.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Ubisoft make cut and paste games.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@ghosts4ever:

Yeah, but it'll be better than the bugged and flawed abomination known as Metro Exodus.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator

@pc_rocks said:

@davillain-:

Can you stick to one opinion narrative? Have heard you said the same about Anthem against Destiny and now you're saying the same with Division against Anthem. You had 2-3 threads singing praises of Anthem.

I enjoy playing loot shooters and that's all you need to know.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

These dayzzzz... The only loot shooter I'd be interested in is Borderlands 3. :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I liked first Division but one thing that really got to me was how the leveling system made it so co-op was hard to pull off with friends since it didn't scale difficulty between players well. So if I went into mission with a friend and we weren't same level then one of us would get downed constantly. If they fix that with this one, that'll be good. Say what you want about Anthem but that has not been a problem on that game.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@davillain- said:
@pc_rocks said:

@davillain-:

I enjoy playing loot shooters and that's all you need to know.

Why would I NEED to know that?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lamprey263

First Division was good, but one thing they need to fix is leveling issues with co-op, I often found campaign co-op sucked if friends weren't at or around same level, doing any mission together if there was a level gap meant the weaker player got downed after taking any damage. Sure Anthem has its issues, but this isn't one of them.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 with_teeth26
@lamprey263 said:

I liked first Division but one thing that really got to me was how the leveling system made it so co-op was hard to pull off with friends since it didn't scale difficulty between players well. So if I went into mission with a friend and we weren't same level then one of us would get downed constantly. If they fix that with this one, that'll be good. Say what you want about Anthem but that has not been a problem on that game.

@lamprey263 said:

First Division was good, but one thing they need to fix is leveling issues with co-op, I often found campaign co-op sucked if friends weren't at or around same level, doing any mission together if there was a level gap meant the weaker player got downed after taking any damage. Sure Anthem has its issues, but this isn't one of them.

the point so important you made it twice!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lamprey263

@with_teeth26: lol, I remember posting it but thought for some reason there was a posting issue as I didn't see it when I refreshed page

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I think when it comes to D2 everything is about how the endgame loot and PVP is gonna play out.

I hope there will be a wider variety of boss and tactics at the end boss fight. Have it like three people have to hold down an electrical switch just so the boss can take damage from gunfire and not that sponge boss crap they had in D1

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#41  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

When I played the Daemon X Machina demo after Anthem it felt way better, too XD You can actually fly in any direction and hover. It feels way better than the flying in Anthem. (Though that may be an artistic choice, emphasizing the mechanical nature and weight of the Javelins in Anthem.)