The Definition of a Hardcore Gamer.

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

There is much controversy over what characteristics define hardcore gamers. So, I am going to list what I believe, are the defining characteristics of a hardcore gamer:

1. Hardcore gamers spend lots of time reading about and discussing video games. They follow the news and watch live industry conferences and such.

This fact cannot be disputed. No doubt, most casual gamers simply buy whatever their friends are playing. Hardcores gamers, in my opinion, are more likely to eschew (but not completely) the opinions of friends and seek more "professional" opinions on websites and magazines like GameSpot.

2. Hardcore gamers buy more games and gaming-related paraphernalia than their casual counterparts.

3. Hardcore gamers, on average, spend more time playing video games than casual gamers.

I am a little tired to list any more characteristics of a hardcore gamer, but here is where the discussion part comes in. What do you think defines the hardcore gamer? Are there shades between casual and hardcore?

Personally, I consider myself to be more than a mere casual gamer (becuase I hang out on sites like these and buy plenty of games), but I wouldn't consider myself hardcore either, since I am very much unacquainted and unfamilar with many famous gaming franchises (like Final Fantasy, Starcraft, etc.) and other tibbits of gaming culture.

akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

I agree with you on all of your points.

A consider myself a hardcore gamer for spending $1000's of dollars on one of my hobbies. I game every week 52 weeks a year. It might only be 5-10 a week but it is consistent .

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I actually have what I consider the definition of a hardcore gamer in my sig

Oh, and I guess I'd consider myself a hardcore gamer. I've been playing games for 16-17 years and so do the 3 points you mentioned

Michael324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Michael324
Member since 2002 • 9437 Posts
Someone who hates the Wii.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Where's the option for 'Just a gamer'?
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

A gamer who plays more than average.

Who will play any game, no restrictions, just for the fun of it.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BPoole96

Where's the option for 'Just a gamer'?Ravensmash

Option 3

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I would say a hardcore gamer, by definition, would never limit his own gaming experiences because of bias, or ignorance. They're willing to actually try out other systems and games.

AKA Not a fanboy

Also, about the first point about reading and discussing video games, and being more likely to consult a professional site over a friend. I actually do the opposite of that sometimes. A lot of times I'll buy a crappy game because it costs so little because just playing it with a friend will make the experience great. I save money, and still have a great time.

I also feel that only consulting professional sites would fit into my point of limiting your own gaming experiences. You can't just take someone else's opinion as fact which is why it seems so many people dislike GTAIV even though that got a 10. Because not everyone has the same opinion.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

Most probably everyone who posts here is a hardcore gamer or is one in the making. Who else would post in a forum that discusses gaming, that is known to be filled with fanboys and still return everyday?

On the other hand it would be arguable that someone who spends most of the day in a gaming forum instead of actually gaming is more of a forumite than a gamer.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#10 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

I would say a hardcore gamer, by definition, would never limit his own gaming experiences because of bias, or ignorance. They're willing to actually try out other systems and games.

AKA Not a fanboytreedoor

Agreed.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I'm in the middle, i'm a PC enthusiast in general and happen to have a lot of games. Now and then i play competitively but not consistently. IMO hardcore gamers are those who are competitive, where winning is the priority. This dosn't just apply to multiplayer though, speed runs count too but in that case they are competing against the clock. There are also the developer/simulation hardcore, really more of a PC enthusiast these are the people who make the mods and those perfect copies of Alton Towers in Rollercoaster Tycoon. A casual gamer is someone who plays on a casual basis, if a friend calls them in a middle of a gmae they're quite happy to go out and leave the game, there is more of a choice between playing a game and other hobbies. Knowledge about games or talking about games has no impact of how hardcore a gamer you are as when you are doing that you are not playing games. Look at it this way: the hardcore gamers play league football, maybe not for money but they are still there to win. Developer/simulation hardcores arrange the game and make it all happen. Whilst casuals kick a ball around in the park. Knowing the scores and talking about them in the pub does not mean you're involved in the game, it just means you read the paper.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I prefer the term "dedicated gamer". Hardcore gamer sounds like someone who is anti-social and has no friends in the real world. I'm a dedicated gamer, and have plenty of friends irl too.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BPoole96

AKA Not a fanboy

treedoor

I disagree. I have almost always only owned 1 console. When I go to buy I new one, I look at the one that has the most amount of games that interest me. That way, I don't need to own more than one platform. You're always going to miss games unless you own a PS3, Wii, PC, 360, DS, and PSP. At that point, how much free time do I actually have that I would be able to play all the games for all those platforms? I think its still possible to be a hardcore gamer without devoting your life to video games

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

AKA Not a fanboy

BPoole96

I disagree. I have almost always only owned 1 console. When I go to buy I new one, I look at the one that has the most amount of games that interest me. That way, I don't need to own more than one platform. You're always going to miss games unless you own a PS3, Wii, PC, 360, DS, and PSP. At that point, how much free time do I actually have that I would be able to play all the games for all those platforms? I think its still possible to be a hardcore gamer without devoting your life to video games

But I'm sure you chose to not buy those other games/consoles beacuse of time/money issues, and not because you were ignorant, or biased against them.

I myself only own a PC, aside from my handhelds, but it's not as if I didn't buy a Wii because it's kiddy, or didn't buy a PS3 because it haz no gaemz. I just don't have the money to do so. Instead, I try to play whatever my friends get, and even then I'm willing to try out any game they have at least once.

roxlimn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 roxlimn
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

There is much controversy over what characteristics define hardcore gamers. So, I am going to list what I believe, are the defining characteristics of a hardcore gamer:

1. Hardcore gamers spend lots of time reading about and discussing video games. They follow the news and watch live industry conferences and such.

This fact cannot be disputed. No doubt, most casual gamers simply buy whatever their friends are playing. Hardcores gamers, in my opinion, are more likely to eschew (but not completely) the opinions of friends and seek more "professional" opinions on websites and magazines like GameSpot.

2. Hardcore gamers buy more games and gaming-related paraphernalia than their casual counterparts.

3. Hardcore gamers, on average, spend more time playing video games than casual gamers.

I am a little tired to list any more characteristics of a hardcore gamer, but here is where the discussion part comes in. What do you think defines the hardcore gamer? Are there shades between casual and hardcore?

Personally, I consider myself to be more than a mere casual gamer (becuase I hang out on sites like these and buy plenty of games), but I wouldn't consider myself hardcore either, since I am very much unacquainted and unfamilar with many famous gaming franchises (like Final Fantasy, Starcraft, etc.) and other tibbits of gaming culture.

The_Capitalist

I disagree with pretty much every one of your points.

1. A hardcore gamer does not spend lots of time reading about OR discussing video games. Why? This is because he would rather play games than talk about them or read about them. He follows the news according to his interests, and does not easily entertain opinions outside of his own when it comes to game purchases. If he likes a game, he'll buy it regardless of what his friends or the media might say. Given that he's hardcore, he's probably surrounded by friends who are equally hardcore. Generally, such people do not respect media opinions, since they commonly hold themselves as experts above what the media can perceive.

2. Hardcore gamers tend to play somewhere around 14-21 hours of game a week, sometimes more. They will usually spend more money on games, but not necessarily for buying more game units. Their money can go into custom HORI sticks, TrackIR, custom driving rig setups and the like, since they expect to spend a great number of waking hours playing the games of their choice.

3. It goes without saying that hardcore gamers tend to spend a lot of time playing games. Many console gamers of the mainstream or "core" market fancy themselves hardcore gamers, thinking that it represents some kind of elite club or some other such nonsense. This is, of course, untrue.

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

AKA Not a fanboy

BPoole96

Nope. A true hardcore gamers gotta have them all and loves them all. Anyone else is just a poser.

akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

Yeah that's another thing (after reading some of the replies) I've been gaming since Atari and Coleco Vision. Although the only negative I have is that I'm not a mutiple console owner, never have been, probably never will be. Just PC/one console

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

AKA Not a fanboy

treedoor

But I'm sure you chose to not buy those other games/consoles beacuse of time/money issues, and not because you were ignorant, or biased against them.

I myself only own a PC, aside from my handhelds, but it's not as if I didn't buy a Wii because it's kiddy, or didn't buy a PS3 because it haz no gaemz. I just don't have the money to do so. Instead, I try to play whatever my friends get, and even then I'm willing to try out any game they have at least once.

I see. I can agree with that. I thought you were presenting the whole "Why limit your game experience to 1 platform?" and saying that everyone should be multiconsole + PC owners. But yeah, I can't stand when people won't play a game just because it's only on a specific system. I will usually try any game as long as it interests me

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

I'd say, you can play a game on a casual or hardcore level. So yeah it has to do with skill and how fast you learn the concepts in a new game.

Also generally casuals try to to what they want to do in the games and therefore often complains on how crappy the game is because it doesn't do what they want it to do, because it's either a) not possible or b) they don't have the skill to perform it.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

AKA Not a fanboy

gensigns

Nope. A true hardcore gamers gotta have them all and loves them all. Anyone else is just a poser.

Well some people might be full time students, work 30 hours a week, and look to getting into a career. I don't really have 10 hours everyday to spare playing games. I do still play games nearly every day and am quite good at most of them but to own all platforms and play/finish every game is just unrealistic

chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
Ok, so how do you define that guy that plays Madden 5 hours a day, buys the new one every year at midnight, knows the ratings of single player on the game, and can blow you out 100-0 before half time? This also has a PS3, but has never even heard of Uncharted, Infamous, or Killzone. Hardcore or casual?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="gensigns"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Well some people might be full time students, work 30 hours a week, and look to getting into a career. I don't really have 10 hours everyday to spare playing games. I do still play games nearly every day and am quite good at most of them but to own all platforms and play/finish every game is just unrealistic

Yeah, I guess gensigns thinks you have to be a high schooler with tons of free time to be "a true hardcore gamer". I find that idea ridiculous.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Being "hardcore" has nothing to do with how much money or time you spend on gaming. It is a mindset, one that is very uncommon among modern gamers. Being "hardcore" means you take gaming extremely seriously, so seriously, that it has become a life-styIe for you, going well beyond merely a hobby with invested time and money.

I personally am not a "hardcore" gamer. I take the hobby somewhat seriously, but it is still to me a hobby, something that I use to unwind with at the end of the day.

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

Ok, so how do you define that guy that plays Madden 5 hours a day, buys the new one every year at midnight, knows the ratings of single player on the game, and can blow you out 100-0 before half time? This also has a PS3, but has never even heard of Uncharted, Infamous, or Killzone. Hardcore or casual? chaotzu

based on what you said, borderline between casual and gamer imo, because playing 1 sports game is very casual, even if you're badass at it

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gensigns

[QUOTE="gensigns"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Then you're a GAMER.

Really, to be a "hardcore" at anything is kind of limiting and sad.

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gensigns

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="gensigns"]

Bigboi500

Yeah, I guess gensigns thinks you have to be a high schooler with tons of free time to be "a true hardcore gamer". I find that idea ridiculous.

Nope. Pretty much only a Highschool has the time for that. And if you do as an adult... it's kind of sad.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
Here are my problems with your definition: 1. There are plenty of kids who have subscriptions to gamepro and talk about video games with their friends all the time. They go to plenty of websites to watch video games or even see video game reviews but still pick up or may prefer to play casual mini game crap that their friends play, or just the typical frat boy Madden session. 2. I am not sold on this. I consider myself closer to the hardcore range, heck I am in a gaming forum talking about the definition of hardcore gaming, but I know that my 13 year old cousin buys a HECK of a lot more gaming stuff including games, toys and systems then me. Mainly because everyone buys that for him. But he definitely is not in the know when it comes to the gaming industry for the most part. 3. Again, using the same example my 13 year old cousin spends a lot more time playing video games. He games on consoles and then is plugged into a handheld when we take him out, however I still would not classify him as a hardcore gamer, just a typical boy who likes video games. I think hardcore and casuals are TWO very EXTREME titles that I don't honestly believe most people fall under. We are mostly somewhere in the middle leaning either more toward the casual end or the hardcore end. I research games and devs, argue here and search forums for gaming news, play obscure games, enjoy mature rated or atypical games, have an HDTV and two consoles and enjoy playing video games but because I am an adult I work and have a GF making my time on games less and less. I am definitely not a casual gamer but have to much of a social life and enjoy other hobbies like lifting and movies to be a hardcore gamer so where do I fall? i think most gamers will have a similar situation.
roxlimn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 roxlimn
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
Then you're a GAMER. Really, to be a "hardcore" at anything is kind of limiting and sad.gensigns
I don't agree with that. Being hardcore about something simply means that you've devoted yourself to that activity. If that's really your thing, what's sad about it? Hardcore climbers go up Mount Everest for the thrill, even though it's by no means a historic achievement at this point. To live your life doing what you love - is that not the dream?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="gensigns"]

Bigboi500

Yeah, as well as having Mommy pay for all your games and having to do extra chores around the house so you can get the special edition version of your favorite upcoming game

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="gensigns"]

gensigns

Then you're a GAMER.

Really, to be a "hardcore" at anything is kind of limiting and sad.

So you think people who play games professionally still spend all their free time playing every game fore every platform just to maintain their "hardcore" status?

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 markop2003

Yeah, as well as having Mommy pay for all your games and having to do extra chores around the house so you can get the special edition version of your favorite upcoming game

BPoole96
Being hardcore anything means that is what you live for. For a hardcore metalhead they work solely to go to metal concerts, sure they spend money on other things but it's the concerts that makes them get up and go to work every morning. It's the same for a gamer, you may work but the reason you work is so that you can game more.
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gensigns

So you think people who play games professionally still spend all their free time playing every game fore every platform just to maintain their "hardcore" status?

BPoole96

Professional =/= Hardcore

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 markop2003

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

gensigns

Not in most cases. The aspiring pros are as hardcore a it gets, playing one game for 12-14hours a day every single day.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I fit into #1 but not #2 and #3. For the past few months I've really restricted myself to very little gaming so that I can focus on other stuff and plainly because I've lost interest in the hobby for the most part. I only play one game at a time, generally 1-2 hours each session. Depending on my enjoyment. For a year so packed with big releases, there's probably at the most three titles that I'm actually interested in playing. Once I stop discussing games, I can easily see myself finished with gaming altogether.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

There is just something about calling myself hardcore that I find sophomoric and silly. Mostly because usually when somebody spouts off about being hardcore there talking about playing some 5 hour console shooter withgiant hit boxes.

I refer to myself as a video game enthusiast.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

markop2003

Being hardcore anything means that is what you live for. For a hardcore metalhead they work solely to go to metal concerts, sure they spend money on other things but it's the concerts that makes them get up and go to work every morning. It's the same for a gamer, you may work but the reason you work is so that you can game more.

I mean a lot of the money I do make goes to gaming, but I have other things to pay for as well. The idea of the only way of being a hardcore gamer is to essentially live a terrible anti social life and be financially unstable just doesn't seem right to me. I mean, gaming is easily my biggest hobby. I actually spend time out of my day to not just play games, but just to discuss them with other gamers on a gaming forum.

Would I have to quit my job and sell my car so I would have enough time/money to be considered a "hardcore gamer". I think the definition in my sig is pretty fitting. You're not going to find someone who plays a handful of hours a week and telling you they're some amazing gamer that dedicated to that hobby

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

gensigns

Oh right, professional gamers are just casuals that happen to be really good and get paid for it

50u1r34v3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 50u1r34v3r
Member since 2006 • 1560 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

AKA Not a fanboy

treedoor

You left out the reason for not owning a 360..... BIAS!! j/k :P I own a 360, a PS3 and a decent enough rig and I consider myself a person who likes to play games. Nothing more nothing less.
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gensigns

[QUOTE="gensigns"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Oh right, professional gamers are just casuals that happen to be really good and get paid for it

"That Dr. Obermann, thats guys a hardcore Dermatologist. Pwns your pimples right off your face."

MotionNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MotionNight
Member since 2010 • 358 Posts
"Hardcore" is a very strong word. A hardcore football fan is the guy wearing the jersey, with face paint, screaming like crazy at the game. For you to become a hardcore gamer, I think you'd need to go beyond the games. You'd have to collect action figures, write about your favorites games in discussion forums, wear a game t-shirt or something along those lines. You become a hardcore gamer when you go beyond just playing video games. I'm not sure if I'm that hardcore, but I'm definitely a fan.
Grand242154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Grand242154
Member since 2010 • 412 Posts
Someone who cares enough to argue about which is the better system.
50u1r34v3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 50u1r34v3r
Someone who cares enough to argue about which is the better system.Grand242154
Meh, I just call them fanboys :P
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="gensigns"]

gensigns

"That Dr. Obermann, thats guys a hardcore Dermatologist. Pwns your pimples right off your face."

"That Dr. Smith, worst dermatologist ever. I've gone to him multiple times and still have a pizza face. He should take take his job more seriously like Dr. Obermann"

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

A hardcore gamer is anyone who is extremely dedicated to gaming, casual gamers usually play games like Tetris, people who play all the games that are the most popular at the time, anyone who can't stop playing MW2 is a casual gamer because they don't play any other games. Being dedicated to a system is OK because some people are unable to accomodate to other systems, not EVERYONE has every game system, I don't have a PS3 but I am working to geting a real computer that can play games (I still have a pentium 4 processor) but I don't really like PS3 games, but I don't think that makes me a casual gamer it's just an opinion. If you care about what happens to video games and you are willing to make that a big part of your life makes you a hardcore gamer, how long you have played games has a factor too, I have been playing video games since I was three starting with a Sega Genisis and a PC with Myst, if you have fond memories of playing video games all your life that really says something. Casual gamers are shallow, not that casual gamers are bad but when you have someone who plays one actual game and has some games on their phone or iPod Touch and they call themeselves a gamer there is something wrong with that.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BPoole96

A hardcore gamer is anyone who is extremely dedicated to gaming, casual gamers usually play games like Tetris, people who play all the games that are the most popular at the time, anyone who can't stop playing MW2 is a casual gamer because they don't play any other games. Being dedicated to a system is OK because some people are unable to accomodate to other systems, not EVERYONE has every game system, I don't have a PS3 but I am working to geting a real computer that can play games (I still have a pentium 4 processor) but I don't really like PS3 games, but I don't think that makes me a casual gamer it's just an opinion. If you care about what happens to video games and you are willing to make that a big part of your life makes you a hardcore gamer, how long you have played games has a factor too, I have been playing video games since I was three starting with a Sega Genisis and a PC with Myst, if you have fond memories of playing video games all your life that really says something. Casual gamers are shallow, not that casual gamers are bad but when you have someone who plays one actual game and has some games on their phone or iPod Touch and they call themeselves a gamer there is something wrong with that.

metroidprime55

I can agree with this definition

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#46 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

AKA Not a fanboyAvian005

Agreed.

And where do you draw the line of a fanboy? What I have seen around here is if you defend a console you are a fanboy. If you prefer a console over another you are a fanboy. I am much more interested in this definition as the term gets abused on these forums.

50u1r34v3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 50u1r34v3r

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

BPoole96

I can't. I have a 360, a PS3 and a pretty decent rig. I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer. Why can't I just have my hobby without being labeled :cry:
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BPoole96

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

AKA Not a fanboyrp108

Agreed.

And where do you draw the line of a fanboy? What I have seen around here is if you defend a console you are a fanboy. If you prefer a console over another you are a fanboy. I am much more interested in this definition as the term gets abused on these forums.

SW pretty much calls anyone who likes a certain game over another a fanboy of that system. If you say "I like Killzone 2 better than Halo 3" than you better believe it, you're a PS3 fanboy (at least on SW).

Really though, I get called a fanboy or Cow on here and its only because I only own a PS3. I don't normally go around bashing other systems/games just because I can't play them

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

50u1r34v3r

I can't. I have a 360, a PS3 and a pretty decent rig. I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer. Why can't I just have my hobby without being labeled :cry:

That's just the way it is man. It also depends on how much you play them

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

When I first started out gaming, hardcore used to define those who play games with a steep learning curve, eg flight sims. They were hard enough to require cardboard templates for different keyboards. Through the years, the definition got dumbed down more and more.