The brighter side of Xbox One!!

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Krazymixture
Member since 2010 • 175 Posts
There's lots of hate going on about the Xbox One so I'm here to share the positives maybe some dont see. 1. Ten family friends to share(LEND) games with is amazing. As long as you or them isn't playing one of your single player games(or multiplayer) then any other person can play your games. So I can lend games to family in other states, no worry of losing or scratching my game. 2. No more getting up disc swapping. That's old school. I just say what I want. You ps3 fanboys talked all that mess about disc swapping yet you'll be doing it all next gen. Really is ironic. 3. While we're on ironic, Microsoft pioneered achievements and paying for online, something Sony fans said they'd never do. All your games and saves in a cloud is sweet. Part of installing the game so you call what you want. 4. Controller has gotten rave reviews. Groundbreaking. Haven't seen or heard much about ps4s. 5. Best GAMES line up which is why I play. There's more but ill save it for down the argument. Feel free to discuss and have fun
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Only one positive, you can go to the store and laugh at it along with the other people there laughing at it which is no doubt fun.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Only one positive, you can go to the store and laugh at it along with the other people there laughing at it which is no doubt fun.kuraimen

kazhiraips4vsxboxone.jpg

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Krazymixture
Nice. Way to contribute nothing. Some of us are leaders, others follow. Don't care what people do at a store
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
TC is a lem.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
right now there is no positives to owning a system that makes and restricts you to death like this peice of crap does..
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
And yet, the negatives still outweigh the positives.
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Krazymixture
Really Badosh. I might not post a lot but I got way more trophies then achievements. Just bought a ps3 again after 9 months for the last of us. Only to find update 4.41 froze my new super slim every ten minutes. Took it back to best buy. Sony incompetence. Anyways don't talk about what you don't know. My psn tag is xGameovexcrug. Hasn't changed since you can't do that. Really is irritating
ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ElectricEchoes
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

Unfortunately the negatives outweigh the positives. It's as simple as that really.

The convenience of storing games onto the HDD is great. I haven't heard much about the controller. I preferred the 360's controller over the PS3's. But my preference is based on what I'm used to, and I'm sure I would be just as comfortable using the PS4's in time. Sharing games is a good idea, but again, that's negated by the DRM. I'd much prefer to be able to do whatever I want with a physical copy after I purchase.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

There is no bright side... Only darkness and death.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Krazymixture
LOL. You guys are blind. They followed with the charging online. They'll follow this too. Just late to the train.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it costs too much.

the drm probably sucks. (i can't say for sure because i still really have no clue wth they are doing.)

and blu ray sucks like a gaping chest wound.

if it requires installs games could be on dvd, floppy disc, cassette tape or 19th century loom paper punch cards for all the difference it makes.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Krazymixture
Still learning how to post on here but the controller has over 40 new sensors. Suppose to be groundbreaking. Vibrates in different areas. Sputters when a car starts, or explodes from the inside out. Microsoft is the only one innovating. Can't wait myself. I just think some people are missing the big picture.
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Krazymixture
River, the installs are so you don't need to disc swap. So it's seamless. Play single player game while searching multiplayer match of a different game. Ten family member game share. It can be your friends. So now, with ten good people, your libraries open up to each other. No matter where you are. You'll play games you've never played because they have them and vice versa. Really can be used to have a massive library
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
TC is a lem. Badosh
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Badosh
Really Badosh. I might not post a lot but I got way more trophies then achievements. Just bought a ps3 again after 9 months for the last of us. Only to find update 4.41 froze my new super slim every ten minutes. Took it back to best buy. Sony incompetence. Anyways don't talk about what you don't know. My psn tag is xGameovexcrug. Hasn't changed since you can't do that. Really is irritatingKrazymixture
than*
ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ElectricEchoes
LOL. You guys are blind. They followed with the charging online. They'll follow this too. Just late to the train. Krazymixture
It has nothing to do with being "blind". It made perfect sense for Sony to implement charges for online gaming. Think about it, they know this isn't going to make any difference to the gamers jumping ship from the 360 as they're already paying a fee. They already have their current consumers on board, so if they have a problem with being charged they're going to have to switch to the Wii U or build a gaming rig.
NexApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 NexApex
Member since 2012 • 225 Posts

LOL. You guys are blind. They followed with the charging online. They'll follow this too. Just late to the train. Krazymixture

Not sure why that would be something to gloat about... rather be late to pay something mandatory 9 years ago when it was available for free.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Krazymixture
I play everything is my point. Not trying to attack you bro I just don't think people are seeing the full picture. You install games and movies so you can go in and out of everything. No getting up ever. This is the future, like it or not. Disc will go away. 24hr check is so you don't go installing your game to everybody's console. Simple. It's 100$ more because kinect is included and rightfully so. It makes it go from thing to thing. It only takes one word commands such as xbox .... This is going to be nice. Just switched games a few times last night. Can't wait to just say it all
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krazymixture
Xbox live has always been a better service then psn offering more features and faster updates. Much better ecosystem, like it or not.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

River, the installs are so you don't need to disc swap. So it's seamless. Play single player game while searching multiplayer match of a different game. Ten family member game share. It can be your friends. So now, with ten good people, your libraries open up to each other. No matter where you are. You'll play games you've never played because they have them and vice versa. Really can be used to have a massive libraryKrazymixture
blu ray holds 50 gig, it has nothing to do with disc swapping and everything to do with blu ray being a terrible slow reading game format that can't play a game directly from the disc.

just like it was on ps3.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Krazymixture
If your gonna come in hating, what's Sony doing new and innovative that's different from last gen. Besides charging for online
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Badosh
Xbox live has always been a better service then psn offering more features and faster updates. Much better ecosystem, like it or not. Krazymixture
than* Learn.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

And they pioneered digital games on the 360, interested to see what they do with X1.

And cloud, whatever that will do, and 300,000 servers, don't know about that either.

And kinect looks great.  Honestly worth the extra $100, since it is the hottest tech in consoles and has the most potential.  I see kinect doing something really amazing in the next decade, or something like it.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Krazymixture
On XboxOne the install is so you don't have to disk swap. Big part of the snapshot, movies, TV, games seamlessy
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GOGOGOGURT

If your gonna come in hating, what's Sony doing new and innovative that's different from last gen. Besides charging for onlineKrazymixture

This is what I'm saying.  Maybe MS is doing some questionable policies with no PR announcement yet, but at least they are moving forward.

Sony is just standing still.  I want more out of next gen.

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

Xbox live has always been a better service then psn offering more features and faster updates. Much better ecosystem, like it or not. Krazymixture
pretty wrong actually. PS+ has made PSN a much better service

also, bad thread made by a 14 year old. let's move along

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
There is no bright side only darkness and pain for those who chose to be Xbone...
Avatar image for hiphop_quotable
hiphop_quotable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hiphop_quotable
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

What if psn becomes a better service now that sony is charging for online?

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts
you havent said anything that makes the xb1 worth getting, its like you're grasping for straws on this one.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
If your gonna come in hating, what's Sony doing new and innovative that's different from last gen. Besides charging for onlineKrazymixture
Besides 3D and faster hardware, we don't need anything new. And if something is new, I want the freedom to not use it if I choose. And I definitely do not want to keep my gaming console connected to the internet for it to function...
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Krazymixture
Last three posters you've got nothing. I'm 30 and have been just trying to help explain in case people don't get it. For instance, you check in every 24hrs not because your special. Sorry. It's because you install and play your games on the console. People would install one disc on ten consoles in a day if they could. Which you can but at 24hrs they'll notice your stealing. One disc couldn't be played on ten consoles. Hence 24hr check. Most just don't get it
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="Krazymixture"]If your gonna come in hating, what's Sony doing new and innovative that's different from last gen. Besides charging for onlinesuperclocked
Besides 3D and faster hardware, we don't need anything new. And if something is new, I definitely want the freedom to not use it if I choose. And I definitely do not want to keep my gaming console connected to the internet for it to function...

We do need innovation...and sometimes it's hard to understand why it's good...like the X1.  Just look  at history.

NexApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 NexApex
Member since 2012 • 225 Posts

[QUOTE="Krazymixture"]If your gonna come in hating, what's Sony doing new and innovative that's different from last gen. Besides charging for onlineGOGOGOGURT

This is what I'm saying. Maybe MS is doing some questionable policies with no PR announcement yet, but at least they are moving forward.

Sony is just standing still. I want more out of next gen.

You call moving forward by limiting users to always be online (essentially) and restricting gamers to sell/trade/rent/own it's property? Hmmm...

If they would get rid of those two things... We would all go back to arguing over games and features instead of polices.

Kholdstare14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kholdstare14
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts

There's lots of hate going on about the Xbox One so I'm here to share the positives maybe some dont see. 1. Ten family friends to share(LEND) games with is amazing. As long as you or them isn't playing one of your single player games(or multiplayer) then any other person can play your games. So I can lend games to family in other states, no worry of losing or scratching my game. 2. No more getting up disc swapping. That's old school. I just say what I want. You ps3 fanboys talked all that mess about disc swapping yet you'll be doing it all next gen. Really is ironic. 3. While we're on ironic, Microsoft pioneered achievements and paying for online, something Sony fans said they'd never do. All your games and saves in a cloud is sweet. Part of installing the game so you call what you want. 4. Controller has gotten rave reviews. Groundbreaking. Haven't seen or heard much about ps4s. 5. Best GAMES line up which is why I play. There's more but ill save it for done the argument. Feel free to discuss and have funKrazymixture

1. About the family thing I am really curious how it works. 30 days minimum before it works correct?

2. People complained about disc swapping ONLY when there were multiple discs to a game.

3. Oh give it up PS+ is cheaper and gives you more features than live ever will. What's more is you wont have to be online to play single player games.

4. This is false I heard a giantbomb podcast the other night where they were talking about the one controller. They mentioned that the triggers were very disappointing and that they felt worse to hold down than the 360's controller does. 

5. Opinions. If you think the free to play game fighter developed by idiots, the multiple multiplats with PC, rehashed forza, and rehashed halo are enough to buy a one with all the negativity they are giving consumers then more power to you. 

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Krazymixture
On the other hand, one disc can be shared/lent across your region with ten people no problem. You could save a lot of money. Each single player game a different friend buys then you can beat it one at a time. There ok with that. Hmm.. Ill enjoy the greatness
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Krazymixture
Yes, after 30 days sharing is on and popping. I buy a lot of games so my nephews in California, I'm in Texas, will get to play them when I'm not. Amazing
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

The negatives still heavily outweigh the positives.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Krazymixture
What negatives? Explain
ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ElectricEchoes

I understand exactly what you are saying. Disc's will be obsolete come the next generation of consoles. But people don't like having their privileges taken away, I want the freedom to be able to sell my games as well as buy cheap second hand games. My whole gaming library consists mainly of second hand games; I simply cannot afford to fund this hobby any other way. Of course, mandatory installations that deem the disc useless is a good and innovative idea for consoles, but it's a major sacrifice for consumers money and privileges. Not to mention the fact it requires online connectivity every 24 hours. Once again I don't necessarily have to worry about that, but it's the fact it's been taken away from me.

As of now I'm play the 360. I've never considered myself a loyal consumer; I'm too old for "fanboyism". I'd rather get what I see is best for me. A nice controller, seamless flow between gaming/movies etc. is simply not enough to keep hold of me.

Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Krazymixture
I've addressed the 24hr check. It's so you don't install and play your game on more then one console at a time. If you don't have money find one friend that does with games. His library is yours, no charge
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Krazymixture
You can share games with TEN people. Think about what you can do with that
ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ElectricEchoes
I've addressed the 24hr check. It's so you don't install and play your game on more then one console at a time. If you don't have money find one friend that does with games. His library is yours, no chargeKrazymixture
I'm aware of why that is, even if I wasn't it's irrelevant. Regardless, my point was that it's a privilege taken away from me. Sharing games online is a brilliant idea, I haven't read much into it as we've been overflown with the negatives of the consoles. It does seem as if people are eagerly waiting to have a shot at Microsoft as soon as they publically announce anything. Is there a catch to this though? I'm sure there are more restrictions than just being allowed to share your games amongst ten friends?
Krazymixture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Krazymixture
10 people you put on a family Friends list(must be on your friends list for 30 days) can then share games. Only one person can play each game at a time but it will be SWEET
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

I have kept my opinions of these two new systems under wraps until now.

On the Xbox One.

I agree that the sharing is a cool idea. I can go to a buddies house with nothing in my hands, sign in to Live, and play any of my games without the disc.

Sharing with up to ten family and friends with no need to lend a physical copy of the game. They can even use my Live account for free.

Gifting a game to a friend is also a cool idea. I see a lot of "hey lets trade games" happening. In my opinion this is better than buying used. Instead of buying a used game online or from a retailer I can just trade with my friends. Instead of taking it and getting crap for trade in credit I can just swap with a friend for a similar value game.

Used games will still be available. This one doesn't bother me as much as it is getting all the fan boys in a tizzy over. We do not know the exact procedure for used games yet but we have been told there is no fee on the buyers end of the used game. I am glad the developers get a cut on the game they made from used sales. I think the people who hate this policy the most are the ones who sell their games on ebay or other like sites. So you can still buy used games and you can still sell/trade your game for credit it just has to be through a designated retailer. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me although I see why others will not go for it.

Online check in. This I really do not care about. My system will be turned on at least once a day anyway. I am a gamer and my game systems get used daily. As far as the quality and speed of your internet I can see that being troublesome. The biggest issue I have had with my connection is a once every six months reset the router kind of issue.

Kinect. Don't care for it at all. We have been told it can be turned off and not required. Hopefully that doesn't change. Dislike the fact that it is raising the console price.

All in "One" media center. I think that's a pretty cool feature. I am glad the are pushing this aspect and trying to integrate all of my entertainment and media into one package. Hopefully it works well as I think its a great feature.

Price. While yes it is higher than its competition considering its game lineup and features I don't have too much of a problem.

Most importantly the games. So far the E3 showing have me most interested in what Microsoft (and Nintendo) is offering. Some of their new IPs look to have some good potential but we all know how that can change quickly. Project Spark, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall all have potential. Titanfall actually looks pretty damn cool. Then you have Forza, Dead Rising 3 and the other known exclusives from the "usual's" list like Halo and Gears that are to me worth the play. Couple those with all the great looking multiplats coming out and as a gamer I don't see how you could go wrong on the Xbox One.

Styling. Really like what I have seen about the controller redesign and the system itself is okay. Looks like it will go on my video rack and blend in nicely.

My personal pros and cons

Pro-

Like the new potential and existing exclusives- most imprtant aspect being that I am a gamer first.

Like the media center and integrated entertainment fetures.

Like the sharing and gifting options.

Like not having discs required to play.

Like the new controller.

Con-

Used game model has potential to become a problem.

Better console styling would have been nice.

Kinect is not wanted by me and could do without.

Price would be lower without Kinect.

On the PS4

Well really it is just a PS3 with a programmer friendly architecture which is a good thing.

Not really much to talk about here because it is just a more powerful PS3.

Price. I like its opening price point and cant argue with that. Although I have heard rumors of multiple SKU being released on launch going up to $599. I hate the multiple system thing. Stick with one. That goes for all companies.

I know I will get crap for this one but oh well. I have been a gamer for much longer than a lot of people here and understand the whole "I want a game system that is just that" side of things. To me though and of course this is my opinion I don't see Sony trying to move forward and evolve. As much as people don't like it, and being a collector of games and systems dating back to the beginning myself, sooner or later all consoles with be going away with physical media and incorporate other entertainment options. Again people might not like this but I feel that's they way they will shift. Microsoft might be jumping the gun early but at least they are trying to move forward and evolve.

Style. I really dislike the look and touch pad of the new controller. I really think the touch pad will be under utilized and stick out like a sore thumb with no benefit. I hope that doesn't happen but to me the controller is just not right. The console itself is growing on me and I am liking the design. Should look good on my rack.

Games. So far the only games I am interested in that were shown were multiplat. The exclusives I loved from the PS3 like GoW, Uncharted haven't been shown yet (MGS series coming to Xbox is huge for me as it was the reason I bought a PS3) I hope something gets revealed soon because in my opinion Sony does not have many exclusives on my short list and exclusives are a big part of choosing a system. I would love to see some new IP from Sony as I am not a huge fan of what they already have.

I like the straight forward "game system" approach and the opening price point. Not so excited about the controller but like the system design. Do not care for many of Sony exclusive IP but there are a few I really like. So in my opinion Sony looks to have a great console coming but to me the games so far are lacking and that is why I buy a system.

Pro-

Existing exclusives that have yet to get a PS4 update.

Good price point.

No restrictions on used market.

Good looking system with style that is growing on me.

Con-

Never been a huge fan of Sony IP exclusives. (Although a few I really love)

Hate the new controller and touch pad. I was really hoping for a truly new controller from Sony.

So in the end I have to say for me the One is looking so far to be my first next gen purchase. I dont have a problem with what many people do and to me in the end it is the games I can and can not get for a system that warrants a purchase. With the games the were shown for the One and what the have exclusive wise already as of right now I will buy it before the PS4. If Sony can step it up on the game front they could easily persuade a day one purchase from me.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6225 Posts
I thought it was one person and you that can play at the same time. That's how I read it on Xbox site. Top marks for pointing out the positives, I understand the feelings around having something taken away. But it's a case of they had to innovate. There is a lot to learn and Microsoft need to demonstrate the benefits quick smart. At the moment they are waiting for the initial reactions to settle before reacting, Change is difficult.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="Krazymixture"]There's lots of hate going on about the Xbox One so I'm here to share the positives maybe some dont see. 1. Ten family friends to share(LEND) games with is amazing. As long as you or them isn't playing one of your single player games(or multiplayer) then any other person can play your games. So I can lend games to family in other states, no worry of losing or scratching my game. 2. No more getting up disc swapping. That's old school. I just say what I want. You ps3 fanboys talked all that mess about disc swapping yet you'll be doing it all next gen. Really is ironic. 3. While we're on ironic, Microsoft pioneered achievements and paying for online, something Sony fans said they'd never do. All your games and saves in a cloud is sweet. Part of installing the game so you call what you want. 4. Controller has gotten rave reviews. Groundbreaking. Haven't seen or heard much about ps4s. 5. Best GAMES line up which is why I play. There's more but ill save it for done the argument. Feel free to discuss and have fun

I hadn't thought about the lack of disc swapping. That will be great... if a game ever needs more than one blu ray.
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

10 people you put on a family Friends list(must be on your friends list for 30 days) can then share games. Only one person can play each game at a time but it will be SWEETKrazymixture

You are combining two things, gifting a game and sharing games, into one.

Gifting a physical copy requires a 30 day mutual friend but that physical copy is then theirs to keep.

Sharing games is not the same. Ten people can play any of my games and use my live account. Great for multiple kids, roomates and the such.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Only one positive, you can go to the store and laugh at it along with the other people there laughing at it which is no doubt fun.kuraimen