The Bit Bag - PS3 hate is Media Sabotage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

So basically Torrence Davis steps up to the plate for the PS3. I think it's a pretty good read myself.

Here or here if the link doesnt work...
http://www.thebitbag.com/2008/12/16/why-all-the-ps3-hate/

He address CNN's, Time's and Kotaku's recent PS3 bashes. Thought it was proper System Wars material.

Discuss.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

they want sony to drop the price of ps3, thats all it is.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
that's not a very good article mate
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 carljohnson3456

ZoomZoom2490
Saying the PS3 doesnt have any must have games isnt about dropping the price though. That one journalist from CNN was waaay off the mark with his article. If he wanted to talk financials, that's fine... but he didnt and instead said people dont care about Blu Ray and said the PS3 has no must have games.
Rodneythepom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rodneythepom
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
Drop the price already!
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carljohnson3456
that's not a very good article mateMarloStanfield
C'mon, Marlo. Work with me here... lol. jk.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

ZoomZoom2490
Which is Not Possible. Nobody is forcing people to buy a Ps3 in the first place, as for those who can afford the system and prefer it over others, let them Be?
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
pretty poor article. yet another 'journalist' that misinterprets news releases about sales as being some sort of quality assessment. the sales figures do not lie.. all these fanboy 'journalists' are doing is getting emotionally invested in something that was purely about financials :P.
dattruth4real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dattruth4real
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts
honestly it wouldnt surprise me if ms tried too pull the slander card,
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 carljohnson3456
honestly it wouldnt surprise me if ms tried too pull the slander card,dattruth4real
I wouldnt go that far man.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Article was fine til it said Sony never had competition before this gen.....
Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts
nice post. I hope more people see this, especially the offenders
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

Saying the PS3 doesnt have any must have games isnt about dropping the price though. That one journalist from CNN was waaay off the mark with his article. If he wanted to talk financials, that's fine... but he didnt and instead said people dont care about Blu Ray and said the PS3 has no must have games.

that's blasphemy, sony should take CNN to court if that was said.
dattruth4real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dattruth4real
[QUOTE="dattruth4real"]honestly it wouldnt surprise me if ms tried too pull the slander card,carljohnson3456

Well lets look back into history at how ms pretty much screwed steve jobs in the begining, its really not that hard too imagine, not saying sony or anyone else is perfect, but ms has a track record.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

that's blasphemy, sony should take CNN to court if that was said.

That's not the point. You said that the journalists just want PS3 to drop the price. So would that make them write articles about The Dark Knight Blu Ray selling 600k on the first day or talking about MGS4 being a GOTY contender? No, it wouldnt.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="dattruth4real"]honestly it wouldnt surprise me if ms tried too pull the slander card,dattruth4real

Well lets look back into history at how ms pretty much screwed steve jobs in the begining, its really not that hard too imagine, not saying sony or anyone else is perfect, but ms has a track record.

In all fairness, neither does Sony. I'm pretty sure they've pulled some sketchy tactics as well. I dont think MS paid anyone to purposely bash Sony. Why would they have to at a $199 price point?
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

Why some people beliving what CNN say about ps3?

dattruth4real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dattruth4real
[QUOTE="dattruth4real"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"] I wouldnt go that far man. carljohnson3456

In all fairness, neither does Sony. I'm pretty sure they've pulled some sketchy tactics as well. I dont think MS paid anyone to purposely bash Sony. Why would they have to at a $199 price point?

Simple,ms knows the beatdown ps2 gave them last gen, if the ps3 starts catching on like rolling thunder ms will have a problem, they want too be the dominant console in north america and it shows, im not saying sony wouldnt do the same but currently there not. On a lighter note anyone anoyed as much at me about those Im a PC comercials mS are doing? its like there basically yelling at apple too stop calling them nerds lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

I finally get it, the hate against PS3. Nobody buying its AAAE titles, fanboys on the internet talking trash about it, but praise it when its in their presence, the slanted media coverage of Home and its low sales. Complaints about the price and Blu-Ray, etc. It all makes sense now, it's because the PS3 is BLACK*. Yeah, I said it!! Don't deny it, it's the truth!! Always trying to keep the Black game console down. SMH.

*Consoles don't have races, only manufacturers, so please don't ring the mod alarm.

dattruth4real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dattruth4real
I finally get it, the hate against PS3. Nobody buying its AAAE titles, fanboys on the internet talking trash about it, but praise it when its in their presence, the slanted media coverage of Home and its low sales. Complaints about the price and Blu-Ray, etc. It all makes sense now, it's because the PS3 is BLACK. Yeah, I said it!! Don't deny it, it's the truth!! Always trying to keep the Black game console down. SMH. bez2083
Now thats racist lol :lol:
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Ok so now lets act like all the bad news has come from CNN and lets forget about Bloomberg talking about how bad Sony as a whole is doing , Washington times talks about the sad state of the PS3,Yahoo talked about the 16,000 people laid off, Kotaku reported their share of info also, and many more like this. With all this you are right they are all wrong and the PS3 is doing great :roll:
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

CNN and multiple other sites have even added more fuel to the fire (Though this is more of an actual news article than a fanboy rant this time)

Playstation Home gets hacked multiple times

I_Helios_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 I_Helios_I
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

I generally agree with everything that was said in the article. Sony "would" be in major trouble if they didn't have the PS2 or PSP to offset most of the losses in their gaming division and furthermore its not just Sonys gaming division that has been slacking, its been everything to do with their electronics division period.

As much as I hate media outlets like Time covering video games (since they don't have any knowledge on the industry period) I'm actually happy in a way that gaming has become mainstream enough to be covered by more media outlets then ever before. I just wish the news was more positive then negative.

dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

Ok so now lets act like all the bad news has come from CNN and lets forget about Bloomberg talking about how bad Sony as a whole is doing , Washington times talks about the sad state of the PS3,Yahoo talked about the 16,000 people laid off, Kotaku reported their share of info also, and many more like this. With all this you are right they are all wrong and the PS3 is doing great :roll: rybe1025

You did not read the article did you? First off, this article dosn't talk about Sony as a whole but just it's game division. It's just trying to correct the mistakes that supposedly established medias were passing as truth. Second, the article even admited that games were selling bad. It said that Kotaku had a point that PS3 owners weren't buying games. The only problem Torrence had with Kotaku is that they tried to drive that point with balant bias.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

All i see is a sony fanboy who's been given a voice, not interested. What he says doesn't change the fact it's still a bad console and will be till it gets some better games.

08 wasn't as great as people make out.

MGS4 - Not my cup of tea but I'll give you it.

LBP - Rubbish, only good part is making the maps and then no one really plays them anyway. Playing others is more of a chore than fun.

R2 - Let down.

What else is there that i can't already play on my 360? Motorstorm? Horrible. Needs more quality games and less average ones like MS/R2.

ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

yeah the article is nothing but a whining and crying PS3 fan boy who is freaking mad that people are starting to see the PS3 for what is a disaster . Nov 's NPD numbers prove that the PS3 is not selling very well when the Wii and 360 are kicking its ass .

bearbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bearbones
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts
I just wish the news was more positive then negative. I_Helios_I

:lol:

Positive news... that was a good one.

VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts
Yeah the Sony juggernaut that was the PS2 isn't the PS3, right, can we all agree on that? I don't know how you can report that with out offending cows. I am in no way defending CNN in any way though.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Games will come, the hardware is reliable, Blu-ray owns, it just needs to be $2-300 and it will sell well.
books83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 books83
Member since 2005 • 3733 Posts

He does make make some very good points but ignores other points that don't support them. Yes the sales numbers were good at face value until till you put them into perspective. Underperforming durning one of the biggest shopping months isn't something you want to do. Expecially when your competitors out sells you by atleast 2 to 1. Yes world wide the PS3 is only 6 million behind the 360 but that is still a large gap. Not to mention that what was once a major exclusive for the platform will no longer be exclusive in the west. Expecially since more eastern devs are looking at the markets in the west. When most third party software is selling better on the competions platform you can't let them have every advantage handed to them.

Now lets be honest here God of War 3 will be huge for Sony. It is their best game for next year it is going to perform well above expectations. But Sony does need to do something with their image problem. The biggest thing with the PS3 has been the high expectations for everything. It happened with Lair. It happened for Heavenly Sword. It happened with Home. And it happened with Little Big Planet. So much hype was built for all of these that they were destined to fail before they came out. Alot of that was the Sony Fanboys and Media driving the expectations so high that when they did come out most everyone was disapointed. But Sony also drove alot of it too.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

Most of the article made good points. Haters are just plain hating cuz of the PS1 and PS2 success and they want to take the giant PS3 down badly. lol, bad news for haters once the PS3's price goes down plus I think the majority of haters here are just hiding behind NPD numbers cuz they think it counts the whole world. People are also forgetting that Sony has two more systems that are selling which factors why PS3 isn't selling cuz PS fans has three systems to choose from and not just one.

IMO, I think all these hates are also coming from having a glimpse of its 2009 releases. Haters can't honestly admit that PS3's 2009 line-up is a potential dominant and when the price goes down.... haters are scattered.

...really sad :|