The best looking/most technically impressive next-gen console game right now is

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="blackace"] It doesn't win when people who actually played it at the E3 say it was dropping FPS all the time and there was pop-in. The demo they showed at the E3 was good, but that was obviously recorded and not running on the actual PS4 hardware. The KZ that was using the PS4 hardware on the E3 floor was having all kind of problems. Titalfall should have actually been on this list. It blew KZ away in actual gameplay. KZ: SF didn't win any E3 awards and there's obviously a reason for that,. ReadingRainbow4

lol, Titanfall looks to be subhd according to digital foundry and the grass and trees don't even move :lol: ,let alone all the other poor effects.

titanfall looked like call of duty with mechs in the source engine.

The fact some are getting so wet over it is really something.

The Awards speaks for themselves. lol!! Bias fanboys are just jelly. If infamous had gotten these awards you'd be singing a different tune. You guys are a joke. Go crawl back under Kaz vampire cape. lol!!
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] Yes, do you? lol!! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="killzowned24"]Killzone easily wins.Just looks at those reflections and dynamic smoke :P   blackace

It doesn't win when people who actually played it at the E3 say it was dropping FPS all the time and there was pop-in. The demo they showed at the E3 was good, but that was obviously recorded and not running on the actual PS4 hardware. The KZ that was using the PS4 hardware on the E3 floor was having all kind of problems. Titalfall should have actually been on this list. It blew KZ away in actual gameplay. KZ: SF didn't win any E3 awards and there's obviously a reason for that,.

Conjecture.

Try again smarty pants.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] lol, Titanfall looks to be subhd according to digital foundry and the grass and trees don't even move :lol: ,let alone all the other poor effects.blackace

The Awards speaks for themselves. lol!! Bias fanboys are just jelly. If infamous had gotten these awards you'd be singing a different tune. You guys are a joke. Go crawl back under Kaz vampire cape. lol!!

I just have the ability to use my eyes, unfortunately rattata's just can't grasp that.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

Conjecture.

blackace

Oh, I'm sorry. Ryse, Quantum Break, and Forza 5 all looked like crap. Clearly the best looking games were Godzone Shadow Fall and Infamous Second God. Godny we love you. I want your babies!

Your a blind fanboy. You see what no one else sees. lol!! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4

Haha I did sound like a blind fanboy, didn't I. It was sarcasm though. I was poking fun of the cow turds in this thread that can't be fair about anything.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 blackace

The Division looked mightily impressive visually

seanmcloughlin
Completely agree and so did infamous. Unlike these bias fanboys on here who have no clue what they are talking about. I still say Titanfall and Quantum Break should be on this list over Ryse and KZ. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="kalipekona"]

Oh, I'm sorry. Ryse, Quantum Break, and Forza 5 all looked like crap. Clearly the best looking games were Godzone Shadow Fall and Infamous Second God. Godny we love you. I want your babies!

kalipekona Your a blind fanboy. You see what no one else sees. lol!! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4

Haha I did sound like a blind fanboy, didn't I. It was sarcasm though. I was poking fun of the cow turds in this thread that can't be fair about anything.

Please, stay mad :P

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#107 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts
[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Below

Or Transistor
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 blackace
[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="kalipekona"]

Your a blind fanboy. You see what no one else sees. lol!! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4

I apologize then. Cows don't know what they are talking about. I want KZ to be good, but at the time of the E3 the gameplay had several issues. Cows just don't want to believe it.
kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 kalipekona

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] lol, Titanfall looks to be subhd according to digital foundry and the grass and trees don't even move :lol: ,let alone all the other poor effects.blackace

Don't try to reason with these guys. They are so biased and irrational, their brains are completley impervious to logic.

If a Sony game wins lots of awards they will sing it from the rooftops and use it as proof of that game's superiority over games on other platforms. But if a PC, Xbox or Wii game wins a bunch of awards all we'll hear out of these clowns is how Microsoft paid off the journos or how blind those people must be.

In the end, the only constant is that Sony must win. No matter what.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

kalipekona

Don't try to reason with these guys. They are so biased and irrational, their brains are completley impervious to logic.

If a Sony game wins lots of awards they will sing it from the rooftops and use it as proof of that game's superiority over games on other platforms. But if a PC, Xbox or Wii game wins a bunch of awards all we'll hear out of these clowns is how Microsoft paid off the journos or how blind those people must be.

The best part of this post is the only Ps3 game i've recently played in the last 5 months has probably been TLOU.

you are so clueless :lol:

I really pissed off this master virgin, oooh boy.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#111 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]I'm disgusted you never even mentioned Quantum Break :cool:RR360DD

If those really were real time graphics, then I gotta agree, it looks pretty good. LOOKS good, i don't know how it will play though.

There were real time :cool:

I remember everyone claiming this trailer to be "real time" as well.

482e3849_wallpaper_halo_3_01_1600_resize

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
bf4 wins everything...but from ur list.... i have to go with killzone or the division.....but with the division idk if that was running on a ps4
kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 kalipekona

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] The Awards speaks for themselves. lol!! Bias fanboys are just jelly. If infamous had gotten these awards you'd be singing a different tune. You guys are a joke. Go crawl back under Kaz vampire cape. lol!! ReadingRainbow4

The best part of this post is the only Ps3 game i've recently played in the last 5 months has probably been TLOU.

No, you're the one that sounds pissed off. I think it's pretty clear that all you do is hate on the Xbox, bash the PC, and hype the PS4. Good for you, cow-boy.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ReadingRainbow4

:lol:

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

kalipekona

No, you're the one that sounds pissed off. I think it's pretty clear that all you do is hate on the Xbox, bash the PC, and hype the PS4. Good for you, cow-boy.

it's only natural to be mad with how consistently you've been owned, just look at that splinter cell thread

obligatory, just for you.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50598 Posts

You bringing titanfall into a graphics thread is stupid
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]bf4 wins everything...but from ur list.... i have to go with killzone or the division.....but with the division idk if that was running on a ps4

BF4 has not been shown consoles yet,so it shouldn't even be on the list.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

Chutebox

You bringing titanfall into a graphics thread is stupid

But he's the voice of objectivity and balanced posting..

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]bf4 wins everything...but from ur list.... i have to go with killzone or the division.....but with the division idk if that was running on a ps4

true....so the award goes to killzone.....volumetric smoke, great particle effects and color
kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 kalipekona

:lol:[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

ReadingRainbow4

it's only natural to be mad with how consistently you've been owned, just look at that splinter cell thread

obligatory, just for you.

But you're the one that's mad. I'm having fun. You and your ilk certainly haven't owned anybody with your total lack of common sense and comically delusional thought patterns.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kalipekona

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]bf4 wins everything...but from ur list.... i have to go with killzone or the division.....but with the division idk if that was running on a ps4stereointegrity

true....so the award goes to killzone.....volumetric smoke, great particle effects and color

Yes, color wins all. Xbox One is too weak to render color.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

Quantum Break looks cool. May not be what the final game will look like but its may be a target.

ScreenshotQB1

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Below  Basinboy
Or Transistor

Title says technical......

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Forza 5 or The Division.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Probably Infamous Second Son.  MGSV, Killzone SF, The Division, and others look awesome too.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Killzone.

Michael0134567

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#126 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I gotta say, Titanfall actually looks worse than Treyarch's Call of Duty games, in every way.  Graphics included.  Which would make sense because the developers are largely from Infinity Ward.

Everything about that game, you either have to have the capacity of the brain dead or be one of the worst trolls to legitimately be excited for that game.  It's Modern Warfare 4 with mech's and Brink jumps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
I'd have to say it's a 3 way tie for me between Killzone, Infamous and The Division. They all look very strong. The Division was a surprise to me since i assumed it was running on a PC.
Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

The Division impressed me the most visually of those.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#129 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts
boggles my mind what do people see on The division? I have the uncompressed footage 1080p the game is pretty flat, no apparent use of tessellation, the shaders suck and are basic, same goes for illumination , I don't even think it uses GI And the game has LOD pop-in, yes, pop-in in a so called "next-gen" title, devs should be embarrassed. I guess when you're a consolite and have been confined to shitty graphics for so long, even minor improvements will blow you away I honestly think KZ: SF looks slightly better, at least it has better shaders and illumination
greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts
Can't believe I forgot to add Destiny. It looked great although it looks kinda boring. Also don't care what people say Ryse looks great to me. All I know is that when I saw it at E3 it looked great. Obviously everyone has different tastes but some people are clearly overreacting. Oh yeah and Titanfall looks great to me too. Problem?
Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#131 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts
Can't believe I forgot to add Destiny. It looked great although it looks kinda boring. Also don't care what people say Ryse looks great to me. All I know is that when I saw it at E3 it looked great. Obviously everyone has different tastes but some people are clearly overreacting. Oh yeah and Titanfall looks great to me too. Problem?greensand24
. Yes, you're blind.
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#132 Baurus_1
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

None of those listed in your poll.

Most technically impressive is QUANTUM BREAK which is an XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE!!!

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 greensand24

Baurus_1
Quantum Break looked fantastic. I just need to see some true player-controlled gameplay footage. If that looks great then it easily shoots near the top or even number 1.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#134 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts
The Division and WatchDogs were the only ones that blew me away The Division was just jawdropping though. Gameplay of KZ4 had nothing on that.
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Baurus_1

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

greensand24

Quantum Break looked fantastic. I just need to see some true player-controlled gameplay footage. If that looks great then it easily shoots near the top or even number 1.

Yup, and only possible on Xbox One.

kickass1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 kickass1337
Member since 2011 • 149 Posts
[QUOTE="EducatingU_PCMR"]boggles my mind what do people see on The division? I have the uncompressed footage 1080p the game is pretty flat, no apparent use of tessellation, the shaders suck and are basic, same goes for illumination , I don't even think it uses GI And the game has LOD pop-in, yes, pop-in in a so called "next-gen" title, devs should be embarrassed. I guess when you're a consolite and have been confined to shitty graphics for so long, even minor improvements will blow you away I honestly think KZ: SF looks slightly better, at least it has better shaders and illumination

actually the division has realtime GI, Killzone has baked GI. Also the physics in the Division is very impressive.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

have to have killer instinct in there, you are kidding yourself if you dont think that doesnt look gorgeous.    that would be my choice if i keep seeing what i saw from it yesterday.

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Baurus_1

have to have killer instinct in there, you are kidding yourself if you dont think that doesnt look gorgeous.    that would be my choice if i keep seeing what i saw from it yesterday.

XBOunity

Killer Instinct looks AWESOME!! It has way better graphics than any PS4 launch title.

Killer Instinct (Xbox One Exclusive)

Killer Instinct

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Baurus_1

By the way everyone, this is the most technically impressive game announced so far:

Quantum Break (Xbox One Exclusive)

Quantum Break

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#140 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

The Division looks insane, but likely running on a PC. 

I'll go with KZSF. It's still rough around the edges, but what's there now is amazing. Simply beautiful DoF and motion blur.

9265378006_e14564de04_o.jpg

9262603225_9882e6bf48_o.jpg

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Baurus_1

I'll go with KZSF. It's still rough around the edges, but what's there now is amazing. Simply beautiful DoF and motion blur.

gamecubepad

Meh.

Quantum Break looks better.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 stereointegrity

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Baurus_1

Meh.

anyway u can show us some gameplay of quantum break?
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Baurus_1

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

stereointegrity

Meh.

This is a screenshot of actual gameplay in Quantum Break:

Quantum Break

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 stereointegrity

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

Meh.

Baurus_1

This is a screenshot of actual gameplay in Quantum Break:

Quantum Break

no what i meant was gameplay not tech demo
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#145 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

Meh.

stereointegrity

I second that. These are 1080p in-game screens pulled from a video. Right-click to see full size. I've not seen Quantum Break in action, but I'll give Remedy the benefit of the doubt considering Max Payne(s) and AW on PC. Doubt the X1 version will be able to match KZSF. PC might.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="kickass1337"][QUOTE="EducatingU_PCMR"]boggles my mind what do people see on The division? I have the uncompressed footage 1080p the game is pretty flat, no apparent use of tessellation, the shaders suck and are basic, same goes for illumination , I don't even think it uses GI And the game has LOD pop-in, yes, pop-in in a so called "next-gen" title, devs should be embarrassed. I guess when you're a consolite and have been confined to shitty graphics for so long, even minor improvements will blow you away I honestly think KZ: SF looks slightly better, at least it has better shaders and illumination

actually the division has realtime GI, Killzone has baked GI. Also the physics in the Division is very impressive.

What does GI stand for? I've never seen that acronym before. And google failed me on the subject.
ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="kickass1337"][QUOTE="EducatingU_PCMR"]boggles my mind what do people see on The division? I have the uncompressed footage 1080p the game is pretty flat, no apparent use of tessellation, the shaders suck and are basic, same goes for illumination , I don't even think it uses GI And the game has LOD pop-in, yes, pop-in in a so called "next-gen" title, devs should be embarrassed. I guess when you're a consolite and have been confined to shitty graphics for so long, even minor improvements will blow you away I honestly think KZ: SF looks slightly better, at least it has better shaders and illumination

What does GI stand for? I've never seen that acronym before. And google failed me on the subject.

I guess Global Illumination?
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

Killzone Shadowfall,or BF4.

Division should not be in the poll...It is a Ubisoft game.Graphics quality will be half as good in the final version.

call_of_duty_10
Bullshit. What about GRAW 1 and 2? Graw still looks really good.
greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 greensand24

XBOunity
If you see in the OP I mentioned Killer Instinct. It's gorgeous and I can't wait to play it. But gamespot needs to allows for more than 5 choices in these polls. It screws things up.
SentientMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SentientMind
Member since 2013 • 361 Posts

Probably BF4 or the Division. I was impressed by Quantum Break, but it wasn't running on XB1. 

I forget about Mirror's Edge, that was probably the most impressive game, graphically, of E3, but wasn't that a target render ?Â