The Bard's Tale IV (PC, Mac, Linux Oct 2017)semi-open world RPG gameplay video looks visually amazing photogrammetry UE4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Honestly though they need to get rid of those portraits but they are just placeholders according to the developers. Finally UE4 is put to good use. The game will be a focus on dungeon crawling but will allow you explore open areas and towns. Some what open world but not like Skyrim in a sense,

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

Enjoyed the legend of grimrock. When is this going to release?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Combat looks great... but there is already a thread on this

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-bards-tale-iv-new-gameplay-footage-33380023/#10

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

I haven't played a bard game for ages didn't even know there was a new one

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GodspellWH

@enzyme36: lol someone beat me to it didn't notice

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

lofl, well they won't have to worry about lip synching in this game. That is just hilarious. 'visually amazing' lmao.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

This is looking pretty cool, actually. I love these types of games, but I just hate how much of a grind they eventually become.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GodspellWH

@blueinheaven said:

lofl, well they won't have to worry about lip synching in this game. That is just hilarious. 'visually amazing' lmao.

Place holders they are already working on character models said by developers. Everything else looks great

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

My Dad has all the older Bard games pretty cool there making a sequel after all these years. I believe a few games have tried to bring back the old school rpg with Might and Magic X coming to mind which was horrible in my experience. This actually looks far better than I would imagine, they need to get rid of those grids looks way too modern looking for a Bard game, 2D popping portrait is hell out of place what they should do is replace with a 3D model of that character with only the upper body showing and have it react to damage and script it for scenes where they talk. I heard they were placeholders or something not sure why they made the portrait pop up and have there back turn when in battle looks weird.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GodspellWH

@deathlordcrime: it's a wip from the developer

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DeathLordCrime

@godspellwh said:

@deathlordcrime: it's a wip from the developer

I know a least according to what the dev said but it was pretty bad decision from the start to use those 2d pop in

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

Glad they were able to pull through with the game, its been close to two years since we heard news about it

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Man, I go on some long rant every time Photogrammetry gets name dropped. Not gonna go all out this time lol. But to be blunt, it's the "blast processing" of the modern age. Or it's like the first few years that games were using normal maps and everybody would rave about it, not knowing what they really were, not even knowing that almost every game was using them lol. But if a developer mentioned normal maps? Forums would be lit up with nonsense lol.

Same thing here. Photogrammetry has been in use in game development as far back as GEN 6. And these days? It's used in pretty much every single 3d game you play in some capacity. It's just another extremely common tool used in asset development. And the funny thing about it? It's actually one of the weakest forms of 3d scanning lol. It just happens to be cost effective and simple. Any idiot with a camera can do it. Just watch a few tutorials on Agisoft or the much better alternative, Reality Capture, and you're ready to go.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ABtoxin

@ConanTheStoner said:

Man, I go on some long rant every time Photogrammetry gets name dropped. Not gonna go all out this time lol. But to be blunt, it's the "blast processing" of the modern age. Or it's like the first few years that games were using normal maps and everybody would rave about it, not knowing what they really were, not even knowing that almost every game was using them lol. But if a developer mentioned normal maps? Forums would be lit up with nonsense lol.

Same thing here. Photogrammetry has been in use in game development as far back as GEN 6. And these days? It's used in pretty much every single 3d game you play in some capacity. It's just another extremely common tool used in asset development. And the funny thing about it? It's actually one of the weakest forms of 3d scanning lol. It just happens to be cost effective and simple. Any idiot with a camera can do it. Just watch a few tutorials on Agisoft or the much better alternative, Reality Capture, and you're ready to go.

Blame Dice for having pp hyping the whole thing up lol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@abtoxin said:

Blame Dice for hyping the whole thing up lol

Yeah I know a lot of it is the industries fault. The guys behind The Vanishing of Ethan Carter as well as Dice are probably the biggest offenders lol.

But yeah, it's just funny every time I see it mentioned on a game forum as something special. It's almost like saying "Uses 3d Studio Max/Maya/Photoshop!" as if it's some big thing, when almost every game being made uses those tools.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@abtoxin said:

Yeah I know a lot of it is the industries fault. The guys behind The Vanishing of Ethan Carter as well as Dice are probably the biggest offenders lol.

But yeah, it's just funny every time I see it mentioned on a game forum as something special. It's almost like saying "Uses 3d Studio Max/Maya/Photoshop!" as if it's some big thing, when almost every game being made uses those tools.

From what i read the guys from the studio who developed Ethan Carter said their game could have been close to 1 TB if they were to fully use photo realistic texture

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Wow I'm glad the series is still around. well off to pledge, I want to this game made. If any one else care to join me, heres the link. https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58348 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@abtoxin said:

Not really related but kind of related...

you see beer commercials, when they say "cold filtered and triple hopped for exceptional taste!" like its some big deal? Every beer that is filtered is filtered cold, and just about every American beer is triple hopped (if not more) these days. Also, you don't filter for taste (it actually can take away taste), you filter for shelf stability and clarity.

I filter beer almost every day at my job and every time I hear Coors or Miller talk about how awesome their beer is because its cold I think "Oh gee golly how FREAKING SPECIALS YOU GUYS ARE!" and roll my eyes.

Gotta educate the consumers.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@mrbojangles25: what kind of beer

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

It's such a shame that indie developers can do 100x better graphics than 95% of AAA Japanese games.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GodspellWH

@zeeshanhaider: my friend 95 is too low

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@zeeshanhaider: 95% is actually far too generous lol I can't think of five games that were amazing looking

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GodspellWH

@deathlordcrime: 99.1% is a good number my friend

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zeeshanhaider

@godspellwh:

@deathlordcrime said:

@zeeshanhaider: 95% is actually far too generous lol I can't think of five games that were amazing looking

True dat but I was being generous otherwise the weeaboos will start attacking me. You know the funny thing the Japanese games that do look okay is either designed or programmed by western studios or some key western people looking over their engine.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GodspellWH

@zeeshanhaider: I believe if given a decade they will eventually cat h up to current gen

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ABtoxin

@zeeshanhaider said:

100x better graphics than 95% of AAA Japanese games.

lol

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@blueinheaven: it's in first person and pretty sure they showed goblins talking perfectly in the combat. And looks damn good so I hope your not trying to downplay the visuals because its gorgeous.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GodspellWH
@DarthRamms said:

@blueinheaven: it's in first person and pretty sure they showed goblins talking perfectly in the combat. I hope your not trying to downplay the visuals because it is gorgeous

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@godspellwh said:
@DarthRamms said:

@blueinheaven: it's in first person and pretty sure they showed goblins talking perfectly in the combat

nuff said

The art style is pretty neat they should turn the saturation down just a bit thou. I hope its a least enjoyable like legend of grimrock

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Going to wait and see how they show off the rest of the features they talked about. Maybe it will be worth a pre order.

@daredevils2k said:

Wow I'm glad the series is still around. well off to pledge, I want to this game made. If any one else care to join me,

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GodspellWH

@TheFadeForever said:

Going to wait and see how they show off the rest of the features they talked about. Maybe it will be worth a pre order.

@daredevils2k said:

Wow I'm glad the series is still around. well off to pledge, I want to this game made. If any one else care to join me,

You can get it as low as 25 dollars not sure if the deal is still there thou

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

I love the arts type the scenery is just gorgeous

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

That look fantastic. Dunno why people give a shit about the potrait so much, not only is it WIP but they dont even look half bad.

Awesome times to be in, boatload of games across all genres with even long dead ones thriving and having an audience.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BloodyTides

@rollermint: they are a bit odd the ui could use work but everything else is pretty good looking

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zeeshanhaider

@blueinheaven said:

1000x better than your hentai Persona 5 with underage girls, lel.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@blueinheaven said:

lol

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GodspellWH

@zaryia said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@blueinheaven said:

lol

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BloodyTides

@zeeshanhaider: lol weaboo games