The 3DS's future already looks scary.

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts

With the only decent game announced being a 10 year old Zelda remake its hard to really understand what Nintendo is doing behind closed doors.

On top of the crap first party Nintendo is bringing to the table, the tech inside the 3DS is already dated. Most games look like a glorified PSP game. I'm not asking for 1080P and 60 FPS, i just think their really hurting themselves and us as gamers by not incorporating decent hardware into their systems considering this thing will be on the market going against the likes of a quad core NGP.

I dont see much good coming from the 3DS besides the fact that its "3D".

What side of the table are you on with the 3DS? Will you be the guy that buys this thing with no games riding soley on hope? Or are you just skipping out altogether?

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
It's NINTENDO...they only have to do little and achieve huge success..loyal fans eat it all up. Like a drug. Just look at the wii.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
You do know there is more than just 3d added to the 3DS? Myself there been a large number of games I want. Example: Pilot Wings, KidI, MegaMan Legends 3, PL vs PW, Starfox 64, Rabbits 3d and so on.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HarlockJC
It's NINTENDO...they only have to do little and achieve huge success..loyal fans eat it all up. Like a drug. Just look at the wii. soapandbubbles
Just look at the GC
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

With the only decent game announced being a 10 year old Zelda remake its hard to really understand what Nintendo is doing behind closed doors.

On top of the crap first party Nintendo is bringing to the table, the tech inside the 3DS is already dated. Most games look like a glorified PSP game. I'm not asking for 1080P and 60 FPS, i just think their really hurting themselves and us as gamers by not incorporating decent hardware into their systems considering this thing will be on the market going against the likes of a quad core NGP.

What side of the table are you on with the 3DS? Will you be the guy that buys this thing with no games riding soley on hope? Or are you just skipping out altogether?

Kokuro_Kun
Uhh and your forgetting the two new original resident evil games, shin megami and the plethora of other games that will probably come with it's age
bballer1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bballer1024
Member since 2009 • 214 Posts

The original ds and wii didn't have the tech of their competetors but they seemed to do fine I don't see the 3ds being any different.

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

Kokuro_Kun

Lol - sounds like the exact same things you and the other haters were saying about the DS.

How did that end up by turning out anyway?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17884 Posts
is that the best you can do? lack of horsepower and games you personally dont like? get back with a proper argument. PSP fans tried this five years ago or so. look how that turned out.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]It's NINTENDO...they only have to do little and achieve huge success..loyal fans eat it all up. Like a drug. Just look at the wii. HarlockJC
Just look at the GC

Hey now hey now! The GC had some bad choices made for it in terms of the color and such, but the games and the power of the system was awesome. GC has some great games.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

It's NINTENDO...they only have to do little and achieve huge success..loyal fans eat it all up. Like a drug. Just look at the wii. soapandbubbles

gamecube, N64, Virtual boy

yep, all huge sucesses

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

Kokuro_Kun
And the games announced for the NGP that have you so excited are...?
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I think haters are to easy to dismiss the 3DS and fans are way to easy to accept it.

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

On top of the crap first party Nintendo is bringing to the table, the tech inside the 3DS is already dated. Most games look like a glorified PSP game. I'm not asking for 1080P and 60 FPS, i just think their really hurting themselves and us as gamers by not incorporating decent hardware into their systems considering this thing will be on the market going against the likes of a quad core NGP.Kokuro_Kun

The 3DS has enough power, I think it has close to perfect balance between power and new features, and it seems as though several developers feel that way too.

The PS2 was weakest that generation.
The DS is much weaker than the PSP.
The Wii is weakest this generation.

Why do you still believe that power matters?

What side of the table are you on with the 3DS? Will you be the guy that buys this thing with no games riding soley on hope? Or are you just skipping out altogether?Kokuro_Kun

3D isn't really a small thing, besides there plenty of other new things about the 3DS to be excited about.

No, I don't have to hope for the 3DS to get good games, I know it will.

flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts

Not really worth having an argument with, so i think i'll just laugh instead. :lol:

DonutNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DonutNerd
Member since 2011 • 173 Posts

I disagree with you completely. A lot of people are really hyped for the 3DS and the games that are coming along with it. If you don't like the games or the technology then that's up to you and that's your opinion.

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

ALot of devs seem to think Nintendo got just the right amount of power into the 3DS. it's too bad if a few graphics worshippers have a problem with it.

Also, you are basing your argument on launch games? If launch games determined a System's success, why did DreamCast fail and PS2 not?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]It's NINTENDO...they only have to do little and achieve huge success..loyal fans eat it all up. Like a drug. Just look at the wii. ohthemanatee

gamecube, N64, Virtual boy

yep, all huge sucesses

With the exception of the Virtual Boy they all made Nintendo a profit and had some amazing games. Oh system wars...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If you think Ocarina of Time is the only "good" game the 3DS is offering, then you have some really discriminating tastes in games. The 3D might be a huge gimmick... but the game list is astounding.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

This is so adorable. It's 2005 all over again. :D

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ohthemanatee

This is so adorable. It's 2005 all over again. :D

Verge_6
I lol'd :P
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

I think haters are to easy to dismiss the 3DS and fans are way to easy to accept it.

Wasdie

thats always the case about everything in SW :P

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]It's NINTENDO...they only have to do little and achieve huge success..loyal fans eat it all up. Like a drug. Just look at the wii. NaveedLife

Just look at the GC

Hey now hey now! The GC had some bad choices made for it in terms of the color and such, but the games and the power of the system was awesome. GC has some great games.

Gamecube had most of my favourite games last gen, even though I had more PS2 games. It was a great console.
Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Creator_Of_All
Member since 2011 • 483 Posts

If you think Ocarina of Time is the only "good" game the 3DS is offering, then you have some really discriminating tastes in games. The 3D might be a huge gimmick... but the game list is astounding.

foxhound_fox

The fact that 3DS supports DS games i reason enough for me to get one, cant say the same for NGP

OmegaPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OmegaPillow
Member since 2010 • 1055 Posts

It looks like a handheld for ports

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

here we go again

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The fact that 3DS supports DS games i reason enough for me to get one, cant say the same for NGP

Creator_Of_All

But it doesn't support GBA games (the reason I bought a DSL). The NGP supports all digital copies of PSP games. And why not just buy a cheap DSL or DSi if you want to play DS games? A used DSL would cost less than half of a new 3DS.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
The 3ds will sell more /thread.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

Seriously?

There are more notable games other than OoT. In fact, I'm more hyped for the 3DS upcoming releases more than any other system. The tech that they are using is fine, its games already look much better than the PSP's best looking games, hell Capcom even managed to run RE5 on it.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]It's NINTENDO...they only have to do little and achieve huge success..loyal fans eat it all up. Like a drug. Just look at the wii. NaveedLife

Just look at the GC

You missed the point he stated that fans will buy a Nintendo system no matter what using the Wii as an example. I used the GC as an example that it take more than just fans.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Sony fans: So ya'll heard about that next generation handheld that Sony is going to release in NA in March 2005? Damn.. ya'll not gonna believe this, but it's 8 times more powerful then the DS. 8 TIMES! Hah, 32MB of RAM, wile the petty DS only has 4MB.

****, it's clear as day for nintendo fanboys & sony fanboys alike... PSP gonna anihilate the DS in terms of both popularity and games... Get mad.. nothing you can do about it..

Nintendo fans:

---------------------*fast foward to 2011*------------------>

Nintendo fans:Remember 2005? Happening all over again.

Sony fans:Nah, i don't think so, this time it's way different. Just you wait.

---------------------*fast foward to 2016*(predicting the future)------------------>

Nintendo fans:

Sony fans:

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ohthemanatee

I own a PSP, and the reason why I'm buy a DS3 over the NGP is simple: Backwards compatibility

I never owned a DS and it seems that if I buy a DS3 I get twice the ammount of games to choose from

on the other hand I'm pissed that the NGP has no UMD drive, specially considering that my PSP is ready to kick the bucket

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Sony fans: So ya'll heard about that next generation handheld that Sony is going to release in NA in March 2005? Damn.. ya'll not gonna believe this, but it's 8 times more powerful then the DS. 8 TIMES! Hah, 32MB of RAM, wile the petty DS only has 4MB.

****, it's clear as day for nintendo fanboys & sony fanboys alike... PSP gonna anihilate the DS in terms of both popularity and games... Get mad.. nothing you can do about it..

Nintendo fans:

---------------------*fast foward to 2016*(predicting the future)------------------>

Nintendo fans:

Sony fans:

Lucianu

LOL. That's hilarious.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
oh lawdy this sounds exactly like when the DS released DS launch titles: Asphalt Urban GT Feel the Magic: XY/XX Madden NFL 2005 Metroid Prime: Hunters (demo bundled with the DS) Mr. Driller Drill Spirits Ping Pals PictoChat (built-in) Rayman DS Ridge Racer DS Spider-Man 2 Super Mario 64 DS Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 The Urbz: Sims in the City Only good game here is mario 64, the DS was also underpowered. The 3DS will be fine and considering the current pre orders are outpacing the wii, I think it can be just as successful if not more so than the DS.
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Nintendo fans:

Nintendo fans:

Sony fans:

GreySeal9

LOL. That's hilarious.

/thread lmao

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]oh lawdy this sounds exactly like when the DS released DS launch titles: Asphalt Urban GT Feel the Magic: XY/XX Madden NFL 2005 Metroid Prime: Hunters (demo bundled with the DS) Mr. Driller Drill Spirits Ping Pals PictoChat (built-in) Rayman DS Ridge Racer DS Spider-Man 2 Super Mario 64 DS Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 The Urbz: Sims in the City Only good game here is mario 64, the DS was also underpowered. The 3DS will be fine and considering the current pre orders are outpacing the wii, I think it can be just as successful if not more so than the DS.

Wow...I forgot how crappy the DS launch games were :lol:. The Urbz was fun as hell though.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

foxhound_fox

I agree the two I'm most anticipating are from Level 5 they are Time Travelers and Fantasy Life.

I also can't wait to see what Treasure makes for the 3DS. If they make anything for it.

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mejiseike
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

the only thing thats scary for them is the price if the "rumors" and stuff is true

its kinda like a PS3 vs mario poping out at you from Super Nintendo with a $50 price difference

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

the only thing thats scary for them is the price if the "rumors" and stuff is true

its kinda like a PS3 vs Super Nintendo with a $50 price difference

mejiseike

No that isn't true because the 3DS is more powerful then the Wii and the NGP is less powerful then the 360 and PS3.

So it is closer then you think.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

Nintendo fans:

Nintendo fans:

Sony fans:

Lucianu

this should be made a poster :P

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts

There is a reason why Nintendo is being silent about their games for the 3DS: they want to give third-party developers a spot in the limelight. The major probelm Nintendo had for the last 3 generations is the lack of third-party support for their platforms. Nintendo games always sell on their hardware while third-party games don't. With the 3DS, Nintendo wants to change that. That's why Nintendo's game lineup at launch is lackluster. Nintendo wants to gain more third-party support for their platforms, and the only way to do this is to trickle down ob Nintendo-made games and focus more on third-party support.

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

Nintendo fans:

Nintendo fans:

Sony fans:

Lucianu

:lol:

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts
[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]oh lawdy this sounds exactly like when the DS released DS launch titles: Asphalt Urban GT Feel the Magic: XY/XX Madden NFL 2005 Metroid Prime: Hunters (demo bundled with the DS) Mr. Driller Drill Spirits Ping Pals PictoChat (built-in) Rayman DS Ridge Racer DS Spider-Man 2 Super Mario 64 DS Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 The Urbz: Sims in the City Only good game here is mario 64, the DS was also underpowered. The 3DS will be fine and considering the current pre orders are outpacing the wii, I think it can be just as successful if not more so than the DS.

Good point. I was really disappointed with the DS at launch. Then the games started rolling in and was in gaming heaven.
Zune_HD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zune_HD
Member since 2010 • 1144 Posts

The 3DS already has better third party support than the PSP had in over 5 years. Get over it.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Cows already tried this argument in 2005. It didn't work. Try harder please.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Nintendo fans:

Nintendo fans:

Sony fans:

Lucianu

that was funny, but it's like the 8th time you've judged a systems power purely on ram. It just doesn't work like that.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The NGP supports all digital copies of PSP games.foxhound_fox
I didn't know this. Are most of the PSP games available digitally? Specifically, is Valkyria Chronicles 2 available digitally?

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#48 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

Kokuro_Kun
DS was terribly dated, compared to PSP. Remember what happened? And about no games.. Wasnt that PS3's first 3 years of life?? At leas 3DS can play DS slots...
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

I feel like cows are making these kind of threads on purpose now.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

that was funny, but it's like the 8th time you've judged a systems power purely on ram. It just doesn't work like that.theuncharted34

I know.. I know that GPU/CPU/RAM are equally important wen it comes to video games..

... i am really.. not feeling like explaining everything until you understand my perspective..

I'll explain to you the second time you quote me.. much later... right now i'm lazy as hell..