The 360 is basically beta testing for PC games

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Am i the only one that ran GTAIV on pc without any problems? Fallout 3 buggy? On my Xbox360 maybe not on my pc mate.Spore,i wouldnt say buggy,just needed a nip and tuck.ducati101
I agree 100 percent with you.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
And I would even dare to say the PC platform has the most issues with software because unlike console where the hardware is the same that is not the case for PC gamers. Fallout 3 was buggy, GTAIV was buggy, Spore was buggy, the list goes on but nice try TC ;) :Pjasonheyman
I never heard of Spore being buggy, Fallout 3 ran fine for me, and GTA4 is more unoptimized than buggy. So you are awarded no points.
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="bethwo"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] GTA4 is a crap fest to begin with.

Wether you think GTA IV is a good game or not is besides the point.

I can run the game alot better than your console so what is the point was that it?

The point is, 360 clearly isn't the testing ground for the PC.
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonheyman"]And I would even dare to say the PC platform has the most issues with software because unlike console where the hardware is the same that is not the case for PC gamers. Fallout 3 was buggy, GTAIV was buggy, Spore was buggy, the list goes on but nice try TC ;) :Pmo0ksi
I never heard of Spore being buggy, Fallout 3 ran fine for me, and GTA4 is more unoptimized than buggy. So you are awarded no points.

Well if the word "buggy" isn't liked then those games had "issues". And usually problems with software having "issues" is because of the development teams who make the game not catching them. The only reason why PC's hardware can become a problem is because if ones hardware is not up to specs it makes issues on that alone. But usually it's what devs don't catch.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Some big PC game must have come out and it got like minimal gamespot coverage and nobody on SW even noticed it. This is like when a 5 year old acts up so that his daddy and mommy will spend time with him. Its ok hermits, we still love you.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mo0ksi

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"]And I would even dare to say the PC platform has the most issues with software because unlike console where the hardware is the same that is not the case for PC gamers. Fallout 3 was buggy, GTAIV was buggy, Spore was buggy, the list goes on but nice try TC ;) :Pjasonheyman

Well if the word "buggy" isn't liked then those games had "issues". And usually problems with software having "issues" is because of the development teams who make the game not catching them. The only reason why PC's hardware can become a problem is because if ones hardware is not up to specs it makes issues on that alone. But usually it's what devs don't catch.

Anc console games don't have any software issues like PC games? I guess those articles about Gears 2 being a mess was just my imagination. Also to answer your second part, that's why system requirements are on the case of PC games. The problem is the user.
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

Anc console games don't have any software issues like PC games? I guess those articles about Gears 2 being a mess was just my imagination. Also to answer your second part, that's why system requirements are on the case of PC games. The problem is the user.mo0ksi

I never denied the whole Gears 2 issue. That's not a 360 hardware problem it is an "Epic Team" problem. The devs missed a lot on that game no doubt. And no it's not always the "user" when it comes to specs. Some just have out dated hardware to play the game they want to play.

TC is saying that the 360 is a beta test for PC. When actually it is easier for devs to make games for consoles because consoles have set specs on hardware...

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mo0ksi

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"] Anc console games don't have any software issues like PC games? I guess those articles about Gears 2 being a mess was just my imagination. Also to answer your second part, that's why system requirements are on the case of PC games. The problem is the user.jasonheyman

And no it's not always the "user" when it comes to specs. Some just have out dated hardware to play the game they want to play.test for PC.

Exactly, which is why there are system requirements on the box like I said before. To know if you have the right hardware for the game or not.

thepoop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 thepoop7
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
Yes , TC .... Your topic makes so much sense.... Release a game and sell (X) amount of copies and get (X) amount of money to improve it and sell it on the computer, wasting all the money they had generated to release it on a platform that everyone thinks is nearly nonexistent and too expensive for the average user to keep up with a well performing console, eventually resulting in poor sells. So basically what MS is doing is just a side hobby, who needs to make money?? Good Point.
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5136028/gears-of-war-2-update-arrives-with-mountain-of-fixes-and-tweaks

Take Glitch of War 2 for example. Release a buggy mess on the Xbox so that when it comes out on the PC (and trust me, it WILL come to the PC), the problems will be patched already. For another example, look at Mass Effect.

Hope you lemming like your pay-to-play beta testings ;)

hairy_bubblegum

I dont think they would beta test on a console that sells games like hotcakes, then release the final build to a system that cant sell a game to save its life

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
They're complete games, not betas. :| If you said developers should do more testing before they release a game instead of relying on patches, then you would have a fair point.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
[QUOTE="hairy_bubblegum"]

http://kotaku.com/5136028/gears-of-war-2-update-arrives-with-mountain-of-fixes-and-tweaks

Take Glitch of War 2 for example. Release a buggy mess on the Xbox so that when it comes out on the PC (and trust me, it WILL come to the PC), the problems will be patched already. For another example, look at Mass Effect.

Two problems: one, that you think your say so that GeoW2 is PC-bound is some sort of proof. Two, that you try to pass off the small number of 360 games that went to PC as indicative that they ALL do. They do not, this is one of the biggest and most shameful cow-fueled myths in SW.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#64 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Sadly it's usually the other way around.

So many devs (EA, Ubisoft etc etc) don't bother optimizing the PC version as much anymore.

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

hairy_bubblegum
PC games receive a lot more patches than console games and PC releases can be less optimized and actually have more bugs than X-box 360 versions.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#66 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
was i the only one who thought of this :? :?
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
The guy that wrote xbox 360 games being beta for the pc release,was obviously joking.Trying to get a response from the xbox community,in which he succeeded. One truth though,multiplat games released on pc (at the same time or after) are generally a superior version.This not because developers do it that way on purpose,its just that they have more to work with.I'm lucky to have a very powerfull pc,so poor optimization doesnt really effect me.But i can see the point of why developers should optimize there games to work within a broad range.All pc games needing loads of patches is a myth! Not all patches released is to fix a bug,but to tighten,refine and add new content to the gameplay.No game is perfect,there will always be something in particular that you wouldnt like in a game.For example,rocket launcher too powerfull in multiplayer.If enough people complain about this,then the developers would release a fix simple.Patches are good for all,pc's and consoles. Of course a really bad port no excuse.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Let me know how Tales of Vesperia turns out on teh PCz.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ducati101
Its not coming out on the pc,or are you implying it cant be done on pc? Not all games are multiplat,they all have there exclusives.Pick a system,to your tastes.Or get all consoles and a pc,i did.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts
You fall at the first hurdle. Beta testing is meant to be as wide as possible, and must be perofmed on several platforms if it is for PC software. What sort of company would use a single unique platform to do all their beta testing on, when all glicthes relating to differing platforms will be ignored?
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
lols at that. it is in a way like tf2, that is a lag fest on the 360 but on PC everything runs great.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

mass Effect is the best example, but it works the other way round also.

Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="hairy_bubblegum"]

IronBass

Because the PS3 has never need patching for a game :roll: *cough* Socom *cough*

Lbp too

Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 Trigger_Hppy
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

was i the only one who thought of this :? :?  Dante2710

Haha, classic. Seriously TC, you need to try harder than that.

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

meh...

the 360 can keep this...

it's just a blah game, imo...

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes and thats why the pirates will take more advantage of games
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Then why is the PC version of GTA4 infinitely buggier? Role reversal? :|
Fire-of-Njozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Fire-of-Njozi
Member since 2009 • 468 Posts

hairy_bubblegum
because PC games don't have glitches? because PC games that were Xbox 360 games first (Halo, Halo 2) didn't have glitches on the PC side? hmph.
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

hairy_bubblegum
Actually, MS has traditionally used the PC as a testing ground for what eventually moves to consoles. Take a look at their PC controllers....their programming API the Xbox family uses...the old MS gaming zone was a complete testbed of a universal online network that spanned multiple games and was a direct forbearer of XBL.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ducati101
Sorry GTAIV is not buggy on pc for me.I think people didnt realise what rockstar actually did with the pc version of GTAIV,there is a reason why they made the requirements so high!