This topic is locked from further discussion.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

Is the Wii worth $250 almost going on 3 years now, yes or no? Give your reasons as to why and what YOU think the price should be by now

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Having a gamecube and VC built in makes it worth the money. PS3 doesn't even have BC for PS2, that's pathetic. It's not even the cheapest blu-ray player anymore, why get one ?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Having a gamecube and VC built in makes it worth the money. PS3 doesn't even have BC for PS2, that's pathetic. It's not even the cheapest blu-ray player anymore, why get one ?clembo1990
Because it's one of the best and offers much more than just BD capability. Wii is not worth it if you ask me. But that all depends of their are games out there that make it worth it to you.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clembo1990

[QUOTE="clembo1990"]Having a gamecube and VC built in makes it worth the money. PS3 doesn't even have BC for PS2, that's pathetic. It's not even the cheapest blu-ray player anymore, why get one ?Chutebox

Because it's one of the best and offers much more than just BD capability. Wii is not worth it if you ask me. But that all depends of their are games out there that make it worth it to you.

So far the games have been good, and they are gonna be great come autumn season. But I'm looking at it from a casual perspective, someone stuck in last gen perspective, a PS3 is a huge investment and without the multi-media/ps2 bandwaggon perks its pretty difficult to shift that idea along.
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

The demand for it is what makes it worth the price. If you ignore that and judge it by the actual tech its over priced.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox

The demand for it is what makes it worth the price. If you ignore that and judge it by the actual tech its over priced.

CreepyBacon

I'd love to hear how you came to that conclusion.

Oh wait, you're talking about Wii. My bad, nevermind.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I'm waiting for the price to come down to 200.

but even at 250. it's still a pretty good deal.

the way i see it, the Wii is the Nintendo-in-a-box. more so then any past console ever. You get most of the Nintendo character based games from all past generations off of the virtual console or by the Gamecube library, and you get the current iterations. Also the Wii caters to the non-gamer audience, which if one just tries, can appreciate. (i'm talking specifically of a 'game' like WiiFit)

player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts
Yes, the Wii is still a good buy. But ask this question again after Natal and the PS Ball on a Stick come out. Then it won't be only motion controller out on the market.
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

Having a gamecube and VC built in makes it worth the money. PS3 doesn't even have BC for PS2, that's pathetic. It's not even the cheapest blu-ray player anymore, why get one ?clembo1990

Funny...my PS3 has BC...
I have all three consoles and play the 360 far more than the other two. I use the PS3 as a blu-ray/select exclusive player and the Wii is a baby sitter for my kids.

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
yes it overpriced, but so are all the consoles and handhelds. the 360 is pretty much worth it, but the dsi, psp go, wii and ps3 are all overpriced. maybe the tech inside the ps3 make it worth the price, but it's still overpriced from a buyers perspective (despite me having one)
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts
Yes, the Wii is still a good buy. But ask this question again after Natal and the PS Ball on a Stick come out. Then it won't be only motion controller out on the market.player_leo
I think both Sony and Microsoft greatly have a chance to compete with Nintendo in this field, but they gotta support it correctly. it cannot be simply a game of painting a wall, popping/bouncing balloons.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Nothing is overpriced except... Live and PSP.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clembo1990

[QUOTE="clembo1990"]Having a gamecube and VC built in makes it worth the money. PS3 doesn't even have BC for PS2, that's pathetic. It's not even the cheapest blu-ray player anymore, why get one ?T_0_D

Funny...my PS3 has BC...
I have all three consoles and play the 360 far more than the other two. I use the PS3 as a blu-ray/select exclusive player and the Wii is a baby sitter for my kids.

You're so damn lucky, I have no idea why that model was discontinued, they are probibly just milking ps2 sales.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

[QUOTE="clembo1990"]Having a gamecube and VC built in makes it worth the money. PS3 doesn't even have BC for PS2, that's pathetic. It's not even the cheapest blu-ray player anymore, why get one ?Chutebox

Answer from a true gamer /sarcasm.
Wii offers great variety of games. Wii games, GameCube games, oldschool games from various platforms throughout the years.
It's definatly worth it. Although you might get another system with it if you want to play next-gen graphics games.

Then again you'd better go for a 360 if you get a system along with your Wii. :)

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts
depends on how you look at it. if ure looking at it from a hardware and features point of view...clearly its a complete rip off. it only has the most basic features and outdated hardware. however i go by how much use im getting out of a console and in that measurement, the wii is proving to be both very expesive (quite a few games) but alot of fun. its definatley earned its keep more than the other consoles for me. in my book the PS3 is not worth it because i have no interest in blu-ray movies or all its multimedia features and there arent as many games on it that interest me. at the mo its more used as a PS2...i have alot of PS2 games to catch up on. i would rather have a PS3 at a cheaper price with just PS2 and PS1 BC and online gaming and the online shop. thats it. it has yet to earn its 500 euro price tag in my book (team icos game should bring it over the line). the 360 is in a similar boat. my PC has earned its keep even though it cost 6 times as much as my PS3 (including monitor, 5.1 and all that jazz). its by far my most used platform. i use it alot for games of course. i also prefer to use it for playing music because 1) its a better music player than either a PS3 or 360 and 2) its attached to my nice speakers. i also use it to browse dinternet..something it also does alot better than any console and i will be using it for software development...something only the PS3 can do (and even then the PC has it outclassed). now i just need to get my computer home from college so it can do what it does best again :P.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="clembo1990"]Having a gamecube and VC built in makes it worth the money. PS3 doesn't even have BC for PS2, that's pathetic. It's not even the cheapest blu-ray player anymore, why get one ?Sgt_Crow

Answer from a true gamer /sarcasm.
Wii offers great variety of games. Wii games, GameCube games, oldschool games from various platforms throughout the years.
It's definatly worth it. Although you might get another system with it if you want to play next-gen graphics games.

Then again you'd better go for a 360 if you get a system along with your Wii. :)

I'm not a true gamer now? lol

Did you not read the bolded?

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
Shouldn't it be worth more money now since it has more games than it did at launch? Anyway, still think they should give it at least one price cut... wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen this holiday season either though...
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Shouldn't it be worth more money now since it has more games than it did at launch? Anyway, still think they should give it at least one price cut... wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen this holiday season either though...Hungry_bunny
I don't know... nintendo and pricecuts rarely ever happen. Even their games in the stores, LOZ, SMG, etc. They remain full price for ever and ever and ever.
If they can get a black wii to the stores, i think they see that as a price cut.

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]Shouldn't it be worth more money now since it has more games than it did at launch? Anyway, still think they should give it at least one price cut... wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen this holiday season either though...KungfuKitten

I don't know... nintendo and pricecuts rarely ever happen. Even their games in the stores, LOZ, SMG, etc. They remain full price for ever and ever and ever.
If they can get a black wii to the stores, i think they see that as a price cut.

That's true as far as 1st party games go, but there are plenty of 3rd part games like No More Heroes, MadWorld, de Blob that have all seen prices cuts. Plus the Wii also gets a number of very good titles that are launched at a low price. Zack and Wiki, Dawn of Discovery, Okami, and Excitbots for instance all launched at $30 or $40. Much less than the $60 tag that you see on my HD games.

So to get back to the question of "is the Wii worth the price." I say yes. To me if you can find 10 good exclusive games on a system then the console should be worth it, and at this point in its lifespan I'd say that should be easy enough for most people except for true graphics fiends who absolutely need a game to look cutting edge (nothing wrong with that either). Between the good run the Wii has had in the last few months, the high quality first party games, 3rd party gems, the VC, and the half dozen really good WiiWare games there should be something for just about everyone.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

It depends what you want to play and use it for. Bought mine, it was worth the $250 because it has the type of games I want to play and the entry price wan't extreme. If you look at tech than hell yeah its a rip off but generally speaking, I don't think about the tech when I buy a game so why would I care about the tech in the console. Inherently, this is SW where the Wii isn't popular so most will say no but I think if you have a certain type of taste or open mindedness (which most of SW does not have) you can find the entry price justifiable.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]Shouldn't it be worth more money now since it has more games than it did at launch? Anyway, still think they should give it at least one price cut... wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen this holiday season either though...KungfuKitten

That is true though for most first and second party games. Look at Halo, R&C and Uncharted all of which are still full price.

CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CHRION987
Member since 2008 • 468 Posts

When Ecco the Dolphin comes out, Super Mario World is gonna be toast.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
The Wii has been stale for a while, but is it worth $250? I'd say yes. But then again I have a lot of money to blast...
demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

The Wii has been stale for a while, but is it worth $250? I'd say yes. But then again I have a lot of money to blast...Famiking

well uhm...............................can you give me some:)

LittleBigMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LittleBigMac
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

Teh Wii is NOT worth $250, for the low-tech or the games...

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

Greatmotion controls, great and fun exclusives, plays gamecube games, has virtual console for playing tons of old games. Ya Id say yes.

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dycras

Teh Wii is NOT worth $250, for the low-tech or the games...

jakehouston88

iyo, but your also a cow so you'd say that just to keep your rep :P

Prydes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Prydes
Member since 2008 • 559 Posts
The Wii might be worth the price I think. IDK. It would be worth 7 times the current price if it had Killzone 2 on it. It's powerful enough to play it.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

It should be $200 by now or less. You have to admit it Wii fanboys that you console can't compete graphically against PS3 or 360.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PS3_3DO

The Wii might be worth the price I think. IDK. It would be worth 7 times the current price if it had Killzone 2 on it. It's powerful enough to play it.Prydes

The Wii can't even run Halo 3.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HarlockJC

It should be $200 by now or less. You have to admit it Wii fanboys that you console can't compete graphically against PS3 or 360.

PS3_3DO
Have there been any which have said the Wii had better graphics?
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PS3_3DO

[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

HarlockJC

Just pointing it out. Also the Wii can't compete with physics or Online against PS3 or 360 either and next year maybe not even motion controls. ;)

Prydes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Prydes

[QUOTE="Prydes"]The Wii might be worth the price I think. IDK. It would be worth 7 times the current price if it had Killzone 2 on it. It's powerful enough to play it.PS3_3DO

The Wii can't even run Halo 3.

The Wii can handle Crysis 10 fold.
Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dycras

PS3_3DO

I don't think fanboys even bother comparing graphics. Anyways people that have nintendo consoles don't even care about graphics, they just care about buying a system that'll have games with good gameplay (for example nfs shift and nitro)

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#36 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well , first off,

the ps3 is not in direct compition with the wii , only sales, but that put aside,

the ps3 is not the cheapest but its the best bluray player because, you know you cant play ps1 and ps3 games on any bluray player besides ps3 ,lol and yes they took out ps2 bc so unless you have an early 20 60 or 80 gig, you have no ps2 bc, but just go get a ps2 any how,

the ps3 the wii and the 360 now have a fair amount of good titles, it just depends on the person ,

im well rounded so its more easy for me to choose all 3 then just one ,

i like fpses racing rpg-a little here and there,

party platformer action adventure on rail shooter etc ,

anything i pick up so far i like,

i have 99 wii games and all of them are fun ,

in fact compared to the number of ps2 titles i own , i think the wii is double the fun ps2 was, because its got a whole lot of variety just like the ps2 ps1 nes and snes, and genesis , n64 gc xbox ps3 360 come close but no cigar,

but since i also like fpses gta style games ps3 and 360 were good choices,

so it depends on your tastes ,

now if you dont like the games wii offers thats fine thats why theirs a ps3 or 360 ,

it is not there because they force you to buy one, \

its worth the 249 because, it plays gamecube gAMes n64 nes snes neo geo tg16 c64 sms and genesis title as well as exclusive wii arcade/wii ware games, also if you already own a 360 i think youd be better off with wii due to more exclusives ,,

but you want more get all 3 ,

they each serve their time,

last gen i didnt much like the ps2 but now as time got on , i think its worth what i paid for mine, 300 , for my first any way,

i focused my attention to xbox and gc more due to 4 player split screen now that ps3 when i got my 60 gb had 4 player i started getting more ps2 games,

ive probably gotten 30 more then i originally had, i do most of my new video game shopping at the beginning of each month, then i do more used shoping , thats how i got so many 360 ps2 etc games,

that i like, in fact i just picked up the sopranoes ps2 for 2 dollars today it is a great action game,

not the best in the world but it does get the job done ,

this is probably the first tv show based game i played that i remotely liked, i did like csi on wii but that isnt action thats a whole new ball game

so for 249,99 or 199,99 used at gamestop asuming your gamestop has used ones in stock ,

its a pretty decent deal weither you buy new or used,

just think about the library available to you with , a wii ,

gc games, wii games vc titles- alot of them over 300 of those, wii ware wii arcade , and of course wii games,

that isnt all you get ,

you can view your weather and news from wii ,

and you can download various other channels through wii channnels -at the wii shop channel some are pretty good for time taking,

and some are just useless, but their mostly free of course and if you got an sd card you can listen to music through the photo channel which also you can show off your pictures mu ch like ps3 and 360

for 500 points i think you can download the internet browser, which can view youtube on it, now

another bonus lol , for cheaper then any current gen system , arcade xboxs dont count since most of us 360 users need an external harddrive xbox live etc

sure if you dont plan on gaming a xbox arcade would fit any one looking for one lol,

but for the out of the box expierence, either the ps3 or the wii ,

depending on your taste in games

dont expect the best in graphics though, just expect fun games

and to that comment -you got to admit wii fanboys wii should be 199,99 by now , with graphics that cant compete with ps3s or 360s, well look w homs talking,

seriously as noted above, the average xbox360 is 299,99 , the ps3 is 399 or 499 ,

and the ps2 last gen was double the cost of the gc and couldnt handle re4 right so i wouldnt be trying to claim that b.s , ,

the least on any ones mind should be the graphics,

as long as the games are fun , , and last long enough ,

that should be the main focus ,

which is why buying a console just for looks is useless, id get a pc first lol ,

_Verm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 _Verm
Member since 2009 • 488 Posts
No, I made the mistake of buying a wii. almost made me quit gaming because it had like 4 games worth $20+ IMHO
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PS3_3DO

So if Sony does cut the price of the PS3 80gb system say to $299 I think Nintendo has to reduce the price.

Prydes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Prydes

well , first off,

the ps3 is not in direct compition with the wii , only sales, but that put aside,

the ps3 is not the cheapest but its the best bluray player because, you know you cant play ps1 and ps3 games on any bluray player besides ps3 ,lol and yes they took out ps2 bc so unless you have an early 20 60 or 80 gig, you have no ps2 bc, but just go get a ps2 any how,

the ps3 the wii and the 360 now have a fair amount of good titles, it just depends on the person ,

im well rounded so its more easy for me to choose all 3 then just one ,

i like fpses racing rpg-a little here and there,

party platformer action adventure on rail shooter etc ,

anything i pick up so far i like,

i have 99 wii games and all of them are fun ,

in fact compared to the number of ps2 titles i own , i think the wii is double the fun ps2 was, because its got a whole lot of variety just like the ps2 ps1 nes and snes, and genesis , n64 gc xbox ps3 360 come close but no cigar,

but since i also like fpses gta style games ps3 and 360 were good choices,

so it depends on your tastes ,

now if you dont like the games wii offers thats fine thats why theirs a ps3 or 360 ,

it is not there because they force you to buy one, \

its worth the 249 because, it plays gamecube gAMes n64 nes snes neo geo tg16 c64 sms and genesis title as well as exclusive wii arcade/wii ware games, also if you already own a 360 i think youd be better off with wii due to more exclusives ,,

but you want more get all 3 ,

they each serve their time,

last gen i didnt much like the ps2 but now as time got on , i think its worth what i paid for mine, 300 , for my first any way,

i focused my attention to xbox and gc more due to 4 player split screen now that ps3 when i got my 60 gb had 4 player i started getting more ps2 games,

ive probably gotten 30 more then i originally had, i do most of my new video game shopping at the beginning of each month, then i do more used shoping , thats how i got so many 360 ps2 etc games,

that i like, in fact i just picked up the sopranoes ps2 for 2 dollars today it is a great action game,

not the best in the world but it does get the job done ,

this is probably the first tv show based game i played that i remotely liked, i did like csi on wii but that isnt action thats a whole new ball game

so for 249,99 or 199,99 used at gamestop asuming your gamestop has used ones in stock ,

its a pretty decent deal weither you buy new or used,

just think about the library available to you with , a wii ,

gc games, wii games vc titles- alot of them over 300 of those, wii ware wii arcade , and of course wii games,

that isnt all you get ,

you can view your weather and news from wii ,

and you can download various other channels through wii channnels -at the wii shop channel some are pretty good for time taking,

and some are just useless, but their mostly free of course and if you got an sd card you can listen to music through the photo channel which also you can show off your pictures mu ch like ps3 and 360

for 500 points i think you can download the internet browser, which can view youtube on it, now

another bonus lol , for cheaper then any current gen system , arcade xboxs dont count since most of us 360 users need an external harddrive xbox live etc

sure if you dont plan on gaming a xbox arcade would fit any one looking for one lol,

but for the out of the box expierence, either the ps3 or the wii ,

depending on your taste in games

dont expect the best in graphics though, just expect fun games

mariokart64fan

This thread is getting to deep for me.

Looks we like we got ourselves...

Another Wii story.

(YYYEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!)

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Consumers decide value and consumers alone. If people are still willing to shell out $250 for old hardware, then i guess it's worth $250.

Are iPods worth $300?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

PS3_3DO

Just pointing it out. Also the Wii can't compete with physics or Online against PS3 or 360 either and next year maybe not even motion controls. ;)

But why spent the time posting something everyone already knows? If anything you fail at trying to make fun of sheep because implement yourself has a flamer or fanboy by making obvious statements that not even fanboy would try to dispute. Expect maybe the motion part but right now there is so little know about the new motion controls coming out that it more a wait and see or hope.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

Is the Wii worth $250 almost going on 3 years now, yes or no? Give your reasons as to why and what YOU think the price should be by now

demon-returns
VC and BC make it worth 275 even all the wii stuff just makes it worth more
kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
you wii owners are getting ripped off and still have no clue about it
Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

I own a Wii and a 360, and since 08, the Wii is getting played a hell of a lot more. I own about 30 Wii games, and there are about 40 announcements I look forward to. So, yes. Definatly.

My top Wii announcements and my top Wii games.

Its great to be a Wii60 gamer.

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
No im a real gamer :P /jk but seriously not for me the wii aint...to be honest there is only 1 or 2 games on the wii that i would like to have.
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
you wii owners are getting ripped off and still have no clue about itkaangonultas
^^^ this guy is a legend!
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
you wii owners are getting ripped off and still have no clue about itkaangonultas
Or theyre enjoying what they brought and dont feel ripped off.