System Wars lounge V 86: Who is in charge of the lounge now? A new lounge would be in order.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2480 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Generally use Bigscreen.

Disappointing that it only lets you curve the personal screen that stays glued to your head orientation. The bigger screen has none of those options, since it's all designed around the preset virtual environments.

Viveport is lagging again. Badly. Might get the Smilebox Blu-ray after all.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56327 Posts

I'm not a Baseball guy but damn, never thought I see the Atlanta Braves winning the World Series, those guys were really serious about winning it. Another victory for my hometown🤘

Now if only we can get those sorry ass Atlanta Falcons to win the Super Bowl😒

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#55 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Conan wya

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#56 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25014 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'm not a Baseball guy but damn, never thought I see the Atlanta Braves winning the World Series, those guys were really serious about winning it. Another victory for my hometown🤘

Cricket is better than baseball.

Baseball is Cricket rip off actually.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@davillain- said:

I was at Game 5. It was nuts when Duvall hit the grand slam in the 1st. Sucked they couldn't close it at home, but I'll take the end result!

Falcons are soooooo bad this year.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jg4xchamp

I regret to inform you that Prey seems pretty good so far. Would have enjoyed dunking on ghost if it were shit, but good ol Champ has integrity 😔

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

I regret to inform you that Prey seems pretty good so far. Would have enjoyed dunking on ghost if it were shit, but good ol Champ has integrity 😔

of couse its excellent game. I told everyone. its pure old school.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup

Cup, Buzz Lightyear is Doomguy for babies. am i right?

Loading Video...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@jg4xchamp:

Yoooo, yeah just getting back to pre-covid routine, so less SW.

If yall on chat later I'll hop on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#62 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59243 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Someone applied ENB.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp:

Yoooo, yeah just getting back to pre-covid routine, so less SW.

If yall on chat later I'll hop on.

Good. Between the Souls bois and their brain rot, and some of these Metroid takes, I actually had the itch to post. I almost actually made a real post for real for real. Would have been wasted.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By uninspiredcup

One thing never noticed rewatching ROTS again yesterday (which in retrospect is obvious) in the opening scene when Obi-One talks to Padme they are high up in the clouds baked in golden light, when the scene switches over to Anakin it's a deliberate shot looking down on of him dwelling in Mustafar with him looking up the sun in the sky using the same light as the prev scene.

Loading Video...

Religious allegory!

The lava and fire is also a clue.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DaVillain  Moderator

Just got back from The Eternals, it was okay but the film has a few issues. I felt like I was waiting for something or anything to happen and it never did. I wouldn't call the movie boring, but the whole middle part of getting the band together again was way too long. I know absolutely nothing about the Eternals comics if that makes any difference. That said, Marvel did a good job of how to make a better interesting Superman which Ikaras was well handled, and having him go Injustice all in a single film is what DC sucks at doing. I give it a 7/10.

I was not expecting Starfox aka Thanos brother to be in MCU that early for the mid-credit scene!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50638 Posts

Watched hobbit yesterday and desolation of smaug today. Actually really liked them this time...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10520 Posts

go onto other sites and read the elden ring gameplay reactions and you get pretty decent discussion, humour, analysis, speculation, some in favour of the game some not etc.

come to sw and read the threads here and it's mainly just the same handful of f*ckwits arguing back and forth whether it looks like a ps3 game. if anyone was wondering why this forum struggles to attract new users, mystery solved

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2480 Posts
@Macutchi said:

go onto other sites and read the elden ring gameplay reactions and you get pretty decent discussion, humour, analysis, speculation, some in favour of the game some not etc.

come to sw and read the threads here and it's mainly just the same handful of f*ckwits arguing back and forth whether it looks like a ps3 game. if anyone was wondering why this forum struggles to attract new users, mystery solved

On my main gaming forum, I'm seeing a mix of "It looks too much like Dark Souls" and "They've dropped a bunch of good features with each game instead of iterating on them" with more optimistic analyses, humor and discussion. But almost none of them care about the graphics. Yeah, all the shit-posting and graphics-whoring are why I usually discuss games elsewhere, if at all.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10520 Posts

@warm_gun: yeah i wouldn't mind if it was actually funny, or in between some good takes but it's not, it's just bottom of the barrel shit posting

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#71 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41570 Posts

Man, if Travis Scott's career doesn't end after this recent incident at his concert.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Macutchi said:

Careful, you'll get a lot of static for pointing out the painfully obvious here. We certainly need a better variety of posters than what we now have. A few strong personalities who seem to be above reproach who all have the same shit takes.

Same old sentiments, same old arguments, same old shit takes.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

In a further attempt to do something while doing nothing, Bliz has removed problematic jokes from WoW.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Gen Z kiddos have no sense of humor.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ConanTheStoner

@Macutchi:

Yup, seems to be the SW wave in recent years. Fixate on some shit that doesn't matter, ends up being the entire discourse. Maybe find a couple of posters well after the fact who actually want to discuss the game once the noise settles.

On the one hand, it is System Wars. Shit posting about graphics/scores/sales/etc. is what this place was made for. But even beyond users who post here specifically for that shite, it becomes increasingly evident that most users here are incapable of having a proper discussion/debate. Can't articulate what they actually mean to say, get mad, proceed to misrepresent what you're saying and stack on the fallacies. Convo destroyed, shit sucks lol.

I'm sure the Elden Ring discussion will be a bit better when the game is out. Enough fans on this board who get how those games work.

Though typically it's the no-hype games that get the better discussion here. If a game has hype, and especially if the game is exclusive, can bet on 99% of those discussions being trash.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 uninspiredcup

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DaVillain  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

Rumors say we could get an Old Republic movie announcement and I'll be shocked if that will happen as Disney is heavy invested with the High Republic.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ConanTheStoner

Saw that ninja delete Cup 🐱‍👤

But yeah, generally agree. Though disagree with you being part of the freak show, at least what's being discussed here. Pretty clear line between your low key trolling vs you actually discussing something.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By uninspiredcup

@davillain-: It would make sense with Disney mentality. They aren't particularly original or creative if we're being honest. Most of the stuff they have made can be summed up as "remember this?"...

Supposedly there is a Darth Maul animated series incoming as well. Which not really sure about. His character seems done and dusted. Used exceptionally well in CW and finished well in Rebels, but his Solo appearance was 100% "Remember this? Look, a double light-saber!"...

Think the gap between CW and Rebels was about 15-20 years give or take, so it is a fairly big time span. When he shows up on Rebels stranded on Malachor chased by Inquisitors.

But yea, as with all things depends on execution. Be checking out HR once get through the Thrawn books. Last one still to be published. Those are great btw, should turn them (specifically first 3) into an animation.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Man, if Travis Scott's career doesn't end after this recent incident at his concert.

He'll likely be fine. The event organizers will get sued into oblivion though.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jg4xchamp

@Macutchi said:

This forum, this lounge to boot, has always been ill-equipped to talk gameplay. The console wary nature of it means they only know how to talk graphics to begin with, or some dumb shit critic score. Anything requiring the use of a brain? lol nah

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#83 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70172 Posts

This timestamp clip reminds me of the gaming community including the media.😂🤣

Loading Video...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44432 Posts

@Pedro: Aww. The uploader has not made that video available in my country.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pedro

@Archangel3371: What country is that?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Canada. I guess we’re not worthy. 😢

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro

@Archangel3371: That is weird.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Yeah it happens sometimes. I’m guessing that it has something to due with rights and or licensing arrangements with distribution or whatever. What is the video that you posted there?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Pedro

@Archangel3371: Key and Peele skit about the friend that makes everything awkward but the friend is just void of his own opinions and just repeats what others say in pop culture.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Ah, ok. Well I will imagine it and chuckle. 😅

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39664 Posts
Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: So cup, since you praise Rocky so much.

Do you like any of Rambo movies?

Original First blood was excellent. It was Rambo running from police and was survival movie. 2 and 3 was not so good and 4 was second best.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Not that into Rambo, but yea, 1 obv the best, 2008 movie is pretty fun, barrage of squib explosions with sir Rambo heroically killing racist stereotypes for god. As the soy peace and love people failed with the advantageous tactic of "hugs".

Take Commando over any of the sequels though.

Bring in Predator? Not even in the same realm. 10/10. Ultimate bad ass movie. Lit has a scene that serves no purpose other than to show their big manly muscles. The gay undertones are much higher in Commando though.

Loading Video...
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Not that into Rambo, but yea, 1 obv the best, 2008 movie is pretty fun, barrage of squib explosions with sir Rambo heroically killing racist stereotypes for god. As the soy peace and love people failed with the advantageous tactic of "hugs".

Take Commando over any of the sequels though.

Bring in Predator? Not even in the same realm. 10/10. Ultimate bad ass movie. Lit has a scene that serves no purpose other than to show their big manly muscles. The gay undertones are much higher in Commando though.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

This definitely was one of the most badass moment.

didnot liked Commando at all. it was just typical generic. and rip off from Rambo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By uninspiredcup

Very temped to have a go at making the 89'/92 Batmobile in Blender but be time consuming as hell. But, basically no textures to it and it has diagrams to make it 100 times easier.

Just looking through Google wasn't exactly and original thought. Plenty of folk have done it.

That new one kinda looks like shit. Not as bad as the monstrosities in Nolan or ZS but just, kinda looks like a car. Maybe just prematurely judging it from nothing, but it does look kind of boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: Cup, I never understand how and why Godfather game actually exist and is GTA clone?

Godfather was not action movie and you cant make a game based on that. plus you are not Al pacino in Godfather game anyways.

Loading Video...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@uninspiredcup:

A bit deep end for first car model, but worth a go, you'll learn a lot from it. Would definitely take that into Photoshop and double check with guides to make sure that stuff really lines up. Edit if needed. Front shot looks pretty sus, like not truly ortho.

You'll block out a lot in ortho views, but be sure to regularly evaluate in perspective. And as with most art projects, stay low detail (poly) as long as you can, until you're confident with the larger forms. Don't want to go down the rabbit hole of moving tons of points around after the fact.

Worth it to grab PureRef and go crazy setting up an image board to start.

Then hate your life and retreat to modeling a Volkswagen van.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 uninspiredcup

@ConanTheStoner: Probably is a bad idea to attempt it before learning properly the ins and outs. Could easily just turn to a frustrating mess. Only learned a few modifiers and basically haven't touched sculpt yet, currently on animation learning to use armatures to make a shitty little lamp jump on a block that will probably take 1/2 hours to render 30 seconds even with tweaks and the eevee renderer, not even touching cycles seems to have a heart attack with single image rendering.

Interesting though how there seems to be more than one way of dealing with stuff. Became very obvious even in the preliminary stages, although tend to always go for the dumb long option.

Def want to get towards creating more complicated stuff. But don't want to veer of course. Something like 60% through the course now, figure might as well finish it before moving onto a dedicated sculp course.

Was just watching a guys Youtube vid, using quite a few tools haven't touched yet.

Loading Video...

And yea, looks like a good few hours of work, significantly more for a nub presumably.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Speaking of manly movies, this will be released in a few days. This and Rocky 3 are arguably the best video game movies not actually based on a video game. Might as well have gave Drago a HP bar.

Loading Video...