System Shock 3 reveal coming at GDC.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16962 Posts

Source

Good news for anyone interested in System Shock 3 ... Warren Spector and Elizabeth Legros will appear on Unity's keynote on Monday to share news (and visuals) on System Shock 3."

OMG OMG please be true and please donot screwed up this game. its a sequel to one of the best game ever made. warren spector the legend is making this this. he didnot made otherside previous game underworld but his team is busy in making system shock 3.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

43592

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 43592 Posts

Looking forward to those control pad promps.

Prepare for disappointment.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5005 Posts

Wait waht? They are SS3 with Unity? That can't be good.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

7160

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 7160 Posts
@pc_rocks said:

Wait waht? They are SS3 with Unity? That can't be good.

Eh it doesn't have to be bad.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16962 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Looking forward to those control pad promps.

Prepare for disappointment.

but Prey is good.

so why cant warren spector system shock 3?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

7262

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@pc_rocks: The engine is not the problem. It's how you use it.

Avatar image for pelvist
pelvist

8042

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#7 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 8042 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Looking forward to those control pad promps.

Prepare for disappointment.

Avatar image for tenaka2
tenaka2

17958

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Epic store exclusive!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

1499

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Yikes! This is going to be a disaster in the making; prepare to be disappointed Ghost.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16962 Posts

@dagubot said:

Yikes! This is going to be a disaster in the making; prepare to be disappointed Ghost.

not when warren spector is attach to it. but it could be since its little indie game and too ambitious for indie budget. will see.

Avatar image for darthbuzzard
DarthBuzzard

323

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 323 Posts

Lets hope it's a major improvement over the second game. The gameplay was pretty bad and unbalanced, so I'm hoping they don't use any design decisions from back then. The star of System Shock was always Shodan and the atmosphere / story.

Avatar image for zmanbarzel
ZmanBarzel

2480

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 2480 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@dagubot said:

Yikes! This is going to be a disaster in the making; prepare to be disappointed Ghost.

not when warren spector is attach to it. but it could be since its little indie game and too ambitious for indie budget. will see.

Warren Spector also led development of "Epic Mickey" and "Epic Mickey 2."

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#14 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16962 Posts

@zmanbarzel said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@dagubot said:

Yikes! This is going to be a disaster in the making; prepare to be disappointed Ghost.

not when warren spector is attach to it. but it could be since its little indie game and too ambitious for indie budget. will see.

Warren Spector also led development of "Epic Mickey" and "Epic Mickey 2."

but they were childish mickey mouse. not hardcore immersive sim.

system shock is hardcore immersive sim.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

14030

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#15 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14030 Posts

Game's going to suck, ghosts is trying to hype it. Lol

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

5156

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5156 Posts

considering how bad their last game "Underworld Ascendant" flopped , I'm not looking forward to this

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5005 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

@pc_rocks: The engine is not the problem. It's how you use it.

Yes, it's. Unity isn't made/optimized for large/complex PC/Console games. It can theoretically work but not a practical solution. It can only means 2 things either SS3 is extremely shallow/simple or it will come out with plethora of issues.

Avatar image for flawlesspoop
FlawlessPoop

166

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 FlawlessPoop
Member since 2017 • 166 Posts

i hope it's not like underworld +_+

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36054 Posts

This one is built on Unity, and the remake is built on Unreal Engine, lol

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#20 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16962 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

This one is built on Unity, and the remake is built on Unreal Engine, lol

Remake has bigger budget lol. and its just kickstarter project by nightdive who are rich.

otherside studio doesnot have enough budget plus starbreeze no longer investing it.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

7997

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#21 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 7997 Posts

My hopes. My fears.

We shall see.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46325

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#22 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 46325 Posts

@pc_rocks: I think you should avoid talking about things you don't know.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5005 Posts

@Pedro said:

@pc_rocks: I think you should avoid talking about things you don't know.

Actually I do having worked on all 3 main engines i.e. Unity, UE4 and CE3. Now I'm not a professional game dev but I was a hobbyist for quite some time. Also, not just me but many game devs(many of them also part of professional AAA games) are of the same opinion as can easily be verified from different game development forums including Unity's own, UE4's or CE's. Trying to do anything complex especially with 3D games in Unity and you get a severe FPS drop. Just look at all the PC/COnsole games made with Unity and vast majority of them are 2D and the 3D games that were made with it lacks all the bells and whistles of a modern 3D graphics/simulation/AI. You can't have the versatility of powerful Engines like UE4 and CE with the extreme user friendly workflows of Unity.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6638

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6638 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

Epic store exclusive!

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46325

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#25 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 46325 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Actually I do having worked on all 3 main engines i.e. Unity, UE4 and CE3. Now I'm not a professional game dev but I was a hobbyist for quite some time. Also, not just me but many game devs(many of them also part of professional AAA games) are of the same opinion as can easily be verified from different game development forums including Unity's own, UE4's or CE's. Trying to do anything complex especially with 3D games in Unity and you get a severe FPS drop. Just look at all the PC/COnsole games made with Unity and vast majority of them are 2D and the 3D games that were made with it lacks all the bells and whistles of a modern 3D graphics/simulation/AI. You can't have the versatility of powerful Engines like UE4 and CE with the extreme user friendly workflows of Unity.

Game engines especially the top 2 (Unreal and Unity) are not only tools but are fully capable game engines in which you can literally do whatever your hearts desire. Not because amateur developers favor the ease of use of Unity equates it to being unable to achieve high levels of graphical fidelity or logic complexity. You are evaluating the software from a superficial benchmark.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5005 Posts

@Pedro said:
@pc_rocks said:

Actually I do having worked on all 3 main engines i.e. Unity, UE4 and CE3. Now I'm not a professional game dev but I was a hobbyist for quite some time. Also, not just me but many game devs(many of them also part of professional AAA games) are of the same opinion as can easily be verified from different game development forums including Unity's own, UE4's or CE's. Trying to do anything complex especially with 3D games in Unity and you get a severe FPS drop. Just look at all the PC/COnsole games made with Unity and vast majority of them are 2D and the 3D games that were made with it lacks all the bells and whistles of a modern 3D graphics/simulation/AI. You can't have the versatility of powerful Engines like UE4 and CE with the extreme user friendly workflows of Unity.

Game engines especially the top 2 (Unreal and Unity) are not only tools but are fully capable game engines in which you can literally do whatever your hearts desire. Not because amateur developers favor the ease of use of Unity equates it to being unable to achieve high levels of graphical fidelity or logic complexity. You are evaluating the software from a superficial benchmark.

Game Engines are tools to speed up game development process. They aren't something magical or a silver bullet. Some are better some are not. Some has strength in different areas. And you would have some point if it was ONLY ME saying that. Many professional devs that worked/working for large AAA publishers have said similar things in Unity's own forums as well as UE4's and CE's. Lastly, the output it self speaks for it self. How many big or even middle tier console/pc games have been made? There's a reason why for such usecases UE4 or CE3/5 is preferred in terms of third-party engines.

Avatar image for djoffer
djoffer

1856

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Honestly system shock was a great game back in the days, but a sequel some 20-25 years later doesn’t make much sense this late and just seems like they are trying to cash in on people’s nostalgia... also what is the last good game warren Spector made?

Avatar image for raining51
Raining51

1151

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1151 Posts

Don't know this francihse sounds udmb dumb honestly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

7262

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#29 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Just watched the teaser and it ehh.

@raining51: Well at least it's far better than the whole BioShock franchise.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

49011

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#30 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49011 Posts

If Spector is on board, then so am I.

Not hyping it yet, but it's good to know it's out there.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#31 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16962 Posts
Loading Video...

Teaser is out.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15142

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#32 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15142 Posts

Not excited after Underworld Ascendant fiasco. They don't have enough manpower or money to create a worth successor to SS2. Will only peak my interest if it's being funded by a big studio. Kickstarter money is not gonna cut it.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27083

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27083 Posts
@raining51 said:

Don't know this francihse sounds udmb dumb honestly.

The irony of this post.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

7997

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#34 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 7997 Posts

Not much to go on. Still no opinion.

Just more hoping.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

45175

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#35 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45175 Posts

I'll just sit back and wait how this all turns out after release.

Avatar image for speedytimsi
speedytimsi

1413

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1413 Posts

So why is it called System Shock 3 if it is the same System Shock remake they put on Kickstarter?

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#37 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16962 Posts

It actually by different team.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36054 Posts
@speedytimsi said:

So why is it called System Shock 3 if it is the same System Shock remake they put on Kickstarter?

-System Shock remake

-System Shock 3

Both of these are in development, by different developers.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

3975

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#39 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 3975 Posts

It's been a very long time since Warren Specter made a good game.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

45175

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45175 Posts

@the_master_race said:

considering how bad their last game "Underworld Ascendant" flopped , I'm not looking forward to this

Didn't they patch it up nice though?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

43592

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#41 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 43592 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Just watched the teaser and it ehh.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#42 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 16962 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Just watched the teaser and it ehh.

so far remake system shock looks better. this could be much better if it has big budget and not some indie unity game. but its far from release. i dont see it coming out before 2022.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#43 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36054 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

so far remake system shock looks better. this could be much better if it has big budget and not some indie unity game. but its far from release. i dont see it coming out before 2022.

I'm not a big fan of Unity, but I don't see anything wrong with it in this case.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15142

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#44 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15142 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

so far remake system shock looks better. this could be much better if it has big budget and not some indie unity game. but its far from release. i dont see it coming out before 2022.

I'm not a big fan of Unity, but I don't see anything wrong with it in this case.

Unity is a big no for me. Sucks at handling large scale environments. Really hope they'll switch to Unreal Engine 4 later on or may be prove me wrong by optimizing the engine a bit more specifically for SS3.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#45 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36054 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

Unity is a big no for me. Sucks at handling large scale environments. Really hope they'll switch to Unreal Engine 4 later on or may be prove me wrong by optimizing the engine a bit more specifically for SS3.

Cities can do large scale environments :p

I think it's more down to how well the developers can work with it, than it being down to the engine itself.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15142

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#46 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15142 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Unity is a big no for me. Sucks at handling large scale environments. Really hope they'll switch to Unreal Engine 4 later on or may be prove me wrong by optimizing the engine a bit more specifically for SS3.

Cities can do large scale environments :p

I think it's more down to how well the developers can work with it, than it being down to the engine itself.

Cities Skylines? It's not that detailed. I mean it's a top down game. I can remember Dreamfall Chapters lagging like sh1t in outdoors in Unity 4. Heard updating to Unity 5 helped. Haven't tried the updated version of the game yet though.