Starhawk? GOTY 2011? Better graphics thEn CRYSIS!!! =D

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts

As many have predicted, the evidence is stacking up pointing to a release of Starhawk. Not only has it supposedly been in development for some time with hints at it constantly by Dylan, a developer of lightbox. Lets take a look at everything so far:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Warhawk-PS3/UPDATE-General-Status-Update-from-Dylan-Jobe-Sept-24-2009/m-p/43830352#M1064541

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77710890

http://sonygam3r.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/rumor-starhawk-announcement-coming-soon/

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/09/21/starhawk-entering-next-phase/

http://www.whois.net/whois/starhawkgame.com

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/12/08/starhawk-dated-by-retailer/

Here's to hoping =D

Edit: And since this is SW, and I have to put something completely outrageous to have a good active thread:

Starhawk > Entire 360s library and will win GotY. Get at me.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

I certainly hope so, I would love to see another Warhawk game :)

king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
I agree that Starhawk seems the most likely announcement, but GOTY? It would certainly have to be an incredible game to pull that off, considering the rest of games being released next year. LittleBigPlanet 2? Uncharted 3? The Last Guardian? Gears of War 3? Pretty tough competition, right?
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

I love your conviction, but I'm not with you :P (yet at least). I do hope it's Starcraft that's revealed though. Would be awesome if it has a nice SP campaign this time :).

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

I love your conviction, but I'm not with you :P (yet at least). I do hope it's Starcraft that's revealed though.

Episode_Eve

Sony secured StarCraft as an exclusive?

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts
Why is every PS3 exclusive hyped as a GOTY contender? Flop Turismo 5 being the very recent example of what to expect.
Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
Let's hope it is! PS3 will have one more exclusive for the next year! :)
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

I hope so Warhawk has been the best mulitplayer this gen for me. I need Starhawk to fill my multiplayer needs

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]Why is every PS3 exclusive hyped as a GOTY contender? Flop Turismo 5 being the very recent example of what to expect.

No one hyped GT5 of being GOTY. They were hyping that it would be a great game. Also reviews dont equal the whole judgement of the game. People hated FFX-2 but I liked it. So that means in my opinion its a good game. Having troubles between opinion and fact ?
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]Why is every PS3 exclusive hyped as a GOTY contender? Flop Turismo 5 being the very recent example of what to expect.VensInferno
No one hyped GT5 of being GOTY. They were hyping that it would be a great game. Also reviews dont equal the whole judgement of the game. People hated FFX-2 but I liked it. So that means in my opinion its a good game. Having troubles between opinion and fact ?

I remember several people saying GT5 will be the first AAAA racing game that got GotY on Gamespot.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"][QUOTE="Blixxed"]Why is every PS3 exclusive hyped as a GOTY contender? Flop Turismo 5 being the very recent example of what to expect.waltefmoney

I remember several people saying GT5 will be the first AAAA racing game that got GotY on Gamespot.

Several People :P Im totally gonna get attack for being a low level so im gonna switch to my main account :D
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]Why is every PS3 exclusive hyped as a GOTY contender? Flop Turismo 5 being the very recent example of what to expect.VensInferno

Hahahahahahaha. Haha. GT 5 was probably one of the most hyped games ever. EVER. Good games don't get GOTY. Great games do.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
look like every game that is announced or will be announced automatically becomes GOTY. 8 year kids are better
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="VensInferno"] No one hyped GT5 of being GOTY. They were hyping that it would be a great game. Also reviews dont equal the whole judgement of the game. People hated FFX-2 but I liked it. So that means in my opinion its a good game. Having troubles between opinion and fact ? VensInferno

Several People :P Im totally gonna get attack for being a low level so im gonna switch to my main account :D

Several people =/= no one. And I wasn't gonna attack you for being a low level :|

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

waltefmoney

Several people =/= no one. And I wasn't gonna attack you for being a low level :|

Oh im not saying you are, im talking about fanboys.
AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

VensInferno Main account to the rescue! :D

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waltefmoney

AznKSor

Cool, but won't you get in trouble for saying you have multiple accounts?

AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

[QUOTE="AznKSor"]

waltefmoney

Cool, but won't you get in trouble for saying you have multiple accounts?

No i made a new account because for some reason, I couldnt logg on to this account. So i got real frustrated and made a new one. But i think making a new account for ban dodging only counts as bad.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts
[QUOTE="VensInferno"][QUOTE="Blixxed"]Why is every PS3 exclusive hyped as a GOTY contender? Flop Turismo 5 being the very recent example of what to expect.Blixxed

Hahahahahahaha. Haha. GT 5 was probably one of the most hyped games ever. EVER. Good games don't get GOTY. Great games do.

Really because that's the score GT5 got here at GS (8.0 = great).
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

Starhawk would be awesome, but not GOTY awesome...

Anastasia1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Anastasia1997
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

:lol: I love lemming damage control, especially considering they probably have 3 pretty good exclusives next year, 2 of them not even announced for next year (FM4, Code name kingdoms)

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 waltefmoney

:lol: I love lemming damage control, especially considering they probably have 3 pretty good exclusives next year, 2 of them not even announced for next year (FM4, Code name kingdoms)

Anastasia1997

Forza is announced for 2011.

Anastasia1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Anastasia1997

[QUOTE="Anastasia1997"]

waltefmoney

Link please? Even then,2 titles.....:/

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

Anastasia1997

Link please? Even then, 3 tttles.....:/

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Future_of_Forza/

The next full Forza Motorsport experience, which utilizes some of the ideas presented in this demo, will ship in 2011.

Anastasia1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Anastasia1997

[QUOTE="Anastasia1997"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"] Link please? Even then, 3 tttles.....:/waltefmoney

The next full Forza Motorsport experience, which utilizes some of the ideas presented in this demo, will ship in 2011.

Still, there is only 2 confirmed titles for 360 next year, thats quite abysmal...

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hexashadow13

I guess it worked. :P

I only put GotY in here so people would read it more. I don't make judgements like that based on having almost no info. I don't say any game will be better then another without actually playing it. But I still get excited if the game will be good.

It was in a guide somewhere back on how to make a good and active thread in there. Let's see what else I can put in the title there...

(I really I hope I don't get banned for doing this. It's all in good fun...)

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="Anastasia1997"]

Anastasia1997

Still, there is only 2 confirmed titles for 360 next year, thats quite abysmal...

Gears of War 3
Gun Loco
Forza Motorsport 4
Otomedius Excellent

Funny, I counted four.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I hope this is true. I put 650 hours into Warhawk (mostly on capture the flag and zones). I love the fact that the only difference between generals and recruits is the fact that generals have more visual customization options for their uniforms and warhawks (no special skills or weapons). I never really mastered the titular Warhawks (which controlled like harrier jump jets) but I was effective on the ground.

I really hope Starhawk has the equivalent of jetpacks (that was the best thing introduced by the expansion packs, though the APC is a close second).

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hexashadow13

[QUOTE="Anastasia1997"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]The next full Forza Motorsport experience, which utilizes some of the ideas presented in this demo, will ship in 2011.waltefmoney

Gears of War 3
Gun Loco
Forza Motorsport 4
Otomedius Excellent

Funny, I counted four.

I thought that arcades counted as a platform... Do they? O.o

ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts
4 vs. 4 on Warhawk Was hectic. Starhawk should be fun.
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Warhawk was a mediocre game, the old and new one. This is a non-event, if it's the one, and not worth any hype.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#33 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

eww.

no.

warhawk left a very bad taste in my mouth. it was a laughable game for being competitive-focused.

i want to see a new quantic dream game

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I hope it's Starhawk as well, though I can't imagine an online only title being up for any GOTY other than MP GOTY. I guess it may have a SP mode though.

Warhawk is still the best online game this gen. Those guys at Icognito use alchemy or something in their netcode. I've never experienced lag in that game... ever. I think the only other game I can say that about is Resistance 1 and 2, but there's a lot less going on in those games.

Anastasia1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Anastasia1997

[QUOTE="Anastasia1997"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]The next full Forza Motorsport experience, which utilizes some of the ideas presented in this demo, will ship in 2011.waltefmoney

Gears of War 3
Gun Loco
Forza Motorsport 4
Otomedius Excellent

Funny, I counted four.

wow....your counting shovel ware? How desperate

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Warhawk was a mediocre game, the old and new one. This is a non-event, if it's the one, and not worth any hype.SteveTabernacle

Dedicated servers, moderators, skill based gameplay, victory (in most modes)being dependent on teamwork,Warhawk was a great game that did everything right.

*Shrugs* If you're the sort that prefers unbalanced games (where more experienced players have special abilities and weapons and the best players in a round get superweapons to make things less interesting) Ican see how you'd dislike Warhawk.

BedBugMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BedBugMan
Member since 2010 • 313 Posts
Warhawk is a great game. Starhawk would be epic.
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
For me, Carnage, any game that is online only is by default mediocre. Online gamers are, by and large, jerks. Playing games with them sucks all the fun out of playing games, with absolutely no exceptions in my experience. The first one just genuinely was mediocre. If Sony wants to build hype, they need a game with better brand recognition than another Warhawk title.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Episode_Eve

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

I love your conviction, but I'm not with you :P (yet at least). I do hope it's Starcraft that's revealed though.

waltefmoney

Sony secured StarCraft as an exclusive?

LMAO I meant to type "Starhawk" :P. You know what I mean!

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#40 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
I really enjoyed Warhawk, but having Starhawk come out in 2011 would be a horrible mistake. Too many multiplayer shooters are coming out in 2011 for sony (Socom, Killzone, and Resistance(
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Episode_Eve

I really enjoyed Warhawk, but having Starhawk come out in 2011 would be a horrible mistake. Too many multiplayer shooters are coming out in 2011 for sony (Socom, Killzone, and Resistance(Diviniuz

I agree. You know if Starhawk is announced, it doesn't meant it'll be slated for 2011 though. Could be TBA or 2012. Also, you forgot to list Uncharted 3! Not only that but multi-plat shooters like the next COD, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, BRINK, RAGE, and Ghost Recon. Dang, there's a lot of high quality shooters releasing next year :o.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Starhawk will be awesome if true.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]Why is every PS3 exclusive hyped as a GOTY contender? Flop Turismo 5 being the very recent example of what to expect.

That's how the cows rooolll :P It's not an exclusive unless it's hyped AAAE and GOTY
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
lol Starhawk vs. Skyward Sword?
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hexashadow13

lol Starhawk vs. Skyward Sword?funsohng

I needed something to draw in sheep. :P

tbh the names are kind of similar though. Both sound like flight space thingies.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"]lol Starhawk vs. Skyward Sword?hexashadow13

Excellent strategy :P I actually didn't like Warhawk but for some reason, I'm looking forward to Starhawk. lol
AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

When they announce it, I hope they get that hairy fellow to demonstrate it with a six-axis controller in an over-dramatize fashion again :D

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

eww.

no.

warhawk left a very bad taste in my mouth. it was a laughable game for being competitive-focused.Dead-Memories

As most console MP games are.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]lol Starhawk vs. Skyward Sword?hexashadow13

tbh the names are kind of similar though. Both sound like flight space thingies.

hopefully this time the game won't be multiplayer-only so I will actually have interest.