starcraft ii out by the end of 2009

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts
according to gamespot, starcraft ii will be released by the end of the year. freakin awesome!!!
Avatar image for EmotronicWiiner
EmotronicWiiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EmotronicWiiner
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
this is amazing
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

dont care want the dam beta and the system specs

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
That would be amazing if true... seriously wow...
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Not surprised at all.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Damn!! 2009 belongs to the Hermits now... if it doesn't get pushed back that is.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shoryuken_
check gamespots home page, it's at the top of the news section!
chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chadwardennn
Member since 2007 • 883 Posts
Too good to be true. I think it will be delayed to 2009. Blizzard + releasedates = fail.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And I refuse to buy it. I always felt something weird about Blizzard joining forces with the worst publisher in the industry.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreenGoblin2099

And I refuse to buy it. I always felt something weird about Blizzard joining forces with the worst publisher in the industry.

foxhound_fox

What's so bad about Craptivision??

:P

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

foxhound_fox
I don't know, after all they have developed quality titles like Bee Movie and Spiderman
Avatar image for EmotronicWiiner
EmotronicWiiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EmotronicWiiner
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]Too good to be true. I think it will be delayed to 2009. Blizzard + releasedates = fail.

it is 2009
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 foxhound_fox

What's so bad about Craptivision??

GreenGoblin2099

They are going to sell me a single game in three parts and charge me $150 for the privilege.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]What's so bad about Craptivision??

foxhound_fox

They are going to sell me a single game in three parts and charge me $150 for the privilege.

lol Yeah, I hate that fact ever since I heard it for the first time... but this would also mean that we could finally get SC: Ghost.

And after that SC:High Templar, and SC: Battlecruiser, SC: Hydralisk and pretty much one game per every single unit in the SC universe :P

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

foxhound_fox

What if each game was actually as long as a full game?

bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

foxhound_fox

There is no way each section is 50 dollars each. I'm guessing first one is 50, then the next are like expansion pack prices.

Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts

foxhound_fox

Exactly, that's why I will never play the lame Gears of War series.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

bladeeagle

There is no way each section is 50 dollars each. I'm guessing first one is 50, then the next are like expansion pack prices.

It's Craptivision... it's possible. In fact, I'd say it's really probable.
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shoryuken_
It's Craptivision... it's possible. In fact, I'd say it's really probable.GreenGoblin2099
yea it sucks that it comes in 3 parts, good thing you can play as all 3 races online with just one part.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foxhound_fox

What if each game was actually as long as a full game?pyromaniac223

Its still a single game split up into three parts. Its called StarCraft II... not StarCraft II, III and IV.

bladeeagle

This is Activision we are talking about. If anything, they'll be $60 a piece. Just look at the Guitar Hero series... every single release is $60 and they are all just new song lists. Plus, they are designing them to be "full" games in three releases. They are splitting up the campaign into three parts and giving a "whole games worth" of missions for each race.

I want StarCraft II with all three campaigns to come in one package for $50. I don't want to pay $150 for a single game even if it has three games' worth of stuff in it. I'll be the judge of what constitutes a "whole" game... and for me, its a complete story like the one in the original StarCraft and subsequently Brood War.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]What if each game was actually as long as a full game?foxhound_fox

Its still a single game split up into three parts. Its called StarCraft II... not StarCraft II, III and IV.

bladeeagle

This is Activision we are talking about. If anything, they'll be $60 a piece. Just look at the Guitar Hero series... every single release is $60 and they are all just new song lists. Plus, they are designing them to be "full" games in three releases. They are splitting up the campaign into three parts and giving a "whole games worth" of missions for each race.

I want StarCraft II with all three campaigns to come in one package for $50. I don't want to pay $150 for a single game even if it has three games' worth of stuff in it. I'll be the judge of what constitutes a "whole" game... and for me, its a complete story like the one in the original StarCraft and subsequently Brood War.

It's like three games made on the same engine without graphical updates.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]What if each game was actually as long as a full game?foxhound_fox

bladeeagle

Listen to the man with the Prject Trico sig for he speaks the truth.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shoryuken_
lol kinda off topic, you watched reboot foxhound?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foxhound_fox

lol kinda off topic, you watched reboot foxhound?shoryuken_

I would hope so. I didn't just pick my avatar because it looked cool. One of my favourite shows of all time.

Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

I'm with foxhound on this issue.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

im totally buying on day 1

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

foxhound_fox

Do you really think those parts combined will offer the same value as a single game ? LMAO

Ewok432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ewok432
Member since 2006 • 425 Posts

lawl @ complaining about getting moar out of a game that will last 10 years+. all i hear is wahhhh wahhhhh t t too much moniesssss. seriously though if you dont want to pay for 1 extra expansion then don't buy one of the expansions and stop crying because you dont like activision.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Best year ever.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 foxhound_fox

lawl @ complaining about getting moar out of a game that will last 10 years+. all i hear is wahhhh wahhhhh t t too much moniesssss. seriously though if you dont want to pay for 1 extra expansion then don't buy one of the expansions and stop crying because you dont like activision.

Ewok432

Its one game split into three for the sake of being able to charge $50 a release. That is how Activision does business. They even admitted that they will not fund and publish any material that cannot be milked by the year. And we will see how much "full game content" there is when its released.

Ewok432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ewok432
link to that price er you made it up. also the game wouldnt be released by the end of the year if they didnt do the expansion like this. we get it you hate activision, if you listen closely though you'll hear the sound of nobody caring because if you didnt know this is the sequel to the most competitive video game ever played.
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ego-testicle
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts
Blizzard are nothing short of Mangods. The game will run flawlessly on a 386 desktop and probably define the RTS genre for years to come. The first one is still a religion in some parts of the world, and rightfully so.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 foxhound_fox

link to that price er you made it up. also the game wouldnt be released by the end of the year if they didnt do the expansion like this. we get it you hate activision, if you listen closely though you'll hear the sound of nobody caring because if you didnt know this is the sequel to the most competitive video game ever played. Ewok432

Don't need a link. The first game will retail for $50, that is the standard price for PC games. Then the subsequent releases, which according to Blizzard are "more than expansion packs," will be priced like the first and will most likely require the previous versions to work. And really, do you think they will charge $16.67 for each release?

I'm patient. I've been waiting this long already, what is another year or two? I'd rather wait and get a full, complete game in a couple years for $50 than three pieces of a whole game over the course of three years for $150. Its mostly the principal of it... Activision knows that they can milk the game as much as they want and people who are gullible enough will spend all the money they can to get their hands on the "sequel to the most competitive video game ever played." I for one will not follow along with their scheme and not support something that will ultimately kill the industry.

And to be honest, I much preferred Age of Empires II.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="Ewok432"]

foxhound_fox

Its one game split into three for the sake of being able to charge $50 a release. That is how Activision does business. They even admitted that they will not fund and publish any material that cannot be milked by the year. And we will see how much "full game content" there is when its released.

We all know each is coming with more content that most 50 dollar games, what is you beef with it? When has blizzard skimped on quality?

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

don't believe it. At least we know this game will now be out before 2011...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foxhound_fox

We all know each is coming with more content that most 50 dollar games, what is you beef with it? When has blizzard skimped on quality?

Espada12

It doesn't matter what the content it comes with... they are still (going to be) charging $150 for a single game. I would rather wait for the complete package to get the whole story for $50 than pay out my ass for it in sections.

Ewok432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ewok432
wow i must have gave you the impression that i care......... sorry but thats the opposite of what i was doing soo yeahhh. shouldn't you be doing some kind of activision protest or creating a campaign to get people to not buy sc2 cuz activision only wants teh moniessssss. honestly get a real complaint or maybe find someone who shares your pain of being "milked" by a game that you havent played or bought yet.
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
wow i must have gave you the impression that i care......... sorry but thats the opposite of what i was doing soo yeahhh. shouldn't you be doing some kind of activision protest or creating a campaign to get people to not buy sc2 cuz activision only wants teh moniessssss. honestly get a real complaint or maybe find someone who shares your pain of being "milked" by a game that you havent played or bought yet.Ewok432
You sure have a odd way to show that you don't care. Long winded too. Personally, I going to wait and see. Might be good. *cross fingers
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]We all know each is coming with more content that most 50 dollar games, what is you beef with it? When has blizzard skimped on quality?

foxhound_fox

It doesn't matter what the content it comes with... they are still (going to be) charging $150 for a single game. I would rather wait for the complete package to get the whole story for $50 than pay out my ass for it in sections.

Ther is some pretty serious **** here.

For one you have no way at all of knowing the pricing of each game...it has been constantly said that the 2 future updated are essencially expansion packs and will not be full priced.

Second, I dont understand why you keep saying they are charging $150 for a single game, when they are clearly not. Its been said multiple times that each campaign is a full sized game in its size.

Third, when has Blizzard ever skimped on Quantity or Quality?

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Can't wait. Will buy day 1.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]We all know each is coming with more content that most 50 dollar games, what is you beef with it? When has blizzard skimped on quality?

foxhound_fox

3 seperate experiences.. I really don't see the problem when each is valued as three seperate fulled games.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

foxhound_fox

I bet they'll keep them full priced for years, like they do with COD4. You'll catch up with the rest of the world in 2025:lol:

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

foxhound_fox

So it doesn't matter that each SCII game will have the content of the entire 1st game? Blizzard should do over 3 times the work and charge us as if it wasn't 3x the content? How about you go work and work 3 times as long as your co-workers and get paid the same as them....

Or *gasp* don't buy it, and stop crying about it.

Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts
Mass Effect, Gears of War, Ratchet and Clank, etc etc.... all are a waste of money. Why would I want to pay $150 for any trilogy! ! !*)@()!
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Now only imagine if along with starcraft II valve anounce Episode 3 for this year

nolsinkler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 nolsinkler
Member since 2004 • 1031 Posts

I refuse to believe it. I made a $50 bet that it wouldn't come out this year, dammit! :?

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

foxhound_fox

Well they CLAIM it won't affect their games in anyway and it's just for marketing purposes.

Then again, Activision is probably going to make them milk it.

404-not-found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 404-not-found
Member since 2009 • 1050 Posts
YES! F*** YEAR! I've been waiting for this game for so long.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
[QUOTE="404-not-found"]YES! F*** YEAR! I've been waiting for this game for so long.

Me too, omg. The custom maps are going to be amazing.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Ah ... cool, it with be so good if ti comes out this year. the only thing that is better that things will not end with the release , but we will keep getting two more amazing games with full campaigns the following years :D