Star Wars TFU 2 Demo Impressions

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ExtremeMagnion2
ExtremeMagnion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 0

#1 ExtremeMagnion2
Member since 2005 • 708 Posts

I gotta say, i'm quite impressed with the demo. The graphics engine has done a major overhaul, the combat is very fluid and the production values are superb. Honestly, the game seems quite solid from what i experienced in the demo, but ofc i have to wait for the full game to judge fully :P

what do you guys, those who tried it, think of it?

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

wait...theres a demo?*goes to download it*

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#3 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

loved it, great combat, great graphics, superb animations.

i hope the story isn't as bad as that demo gives the impression, it feels way too forced.

ExtremeMagnion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ExtremeMagnion2

i hope the story isn't as bad as that demo gives the impression, it feels way too forced.

Dead-Memories
I thought story seemed ok, but yea, maybe a tad forced. But everything else was really top notch, im surprised how well the graphics turned out to be
Mantleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Mantleman
Member since 2009 • 340 Posts

Is it on the PSN now?

ExtremeMagnion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ExtremeMagnion2

Is it on the PSN now?

Mantleman
yup!
Mantleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mantleman
Member since 2009 • 340 Posts
[QUOTE="Mantleman"]

Is it on the PSN now?

ExtremeMagnion2
yup!

awesome btw love the sig and the quote under it too. pround owner of a PS3, PC and Wii 0% fanboy 100% GAMER!!
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dead-Memories
[QUOTE="ExtremeMagnion2"][QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

I thought story seemed ok, but yea, maybe a tad forced. But everything else was really top notch, im surprised how well the graphics turned out to be

terrible writing though, Darth Vader at one point actually EXPLAINED himself to the starkiller, he doesn't do that. they should have gone within a different realm of the universe rather than keep tying it within the main lore. the first force unleashed was satisfactory enough with its ending.
ExtremeMagnion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ExtremeMagnion2
[QUOTE="ExtremeMagnion2"][QUOTE="Mantleman"]

Is it on the PSN now?

Mantleman
yup!

awesome btw love the sig and the quote under it too. pround owner of a PS3, PC and Wii 0% fanboy 100% GAMER!!

hehe, thanks dude :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

I really liked the demo, it was fun. Aslong as there is more to the game/combat I will buy it, but if it is just the demo for 8hrs, I will pass. We will see, so far I liked it

ExtremeMagnion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ExtremeMagnion2
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="ExtremeMagnion2"][QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

terrible writing though, Darth Vader at one point actually EXPLAINED himself to the starkiller, he doesn't do that. they should have gone within a different realm of the universe rather than keep tying it within the main lore. the first force unleashed was satisfactory enough with its ending.

oh yea, i found that kind of weird. then yea i hope they flesh out the story and narrative better in the full version. Voice Acting was awesome tho :)
YuriSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YuriSH
Member since 2010 • 1803 Posts
Wow, just played the demo and it very so much better than the first game. I'm kind of impressed and I thought combat would be kind of lame like the first game.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

I just played it, thought it was great. I never played throught TFU, only the demo of that game, but I think the differences in visuals are huge enough. And I like how this game lets you link combos between force powers, don't know if the first one had it though.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
Wow just played the demo and I have to say that was the most fun I have ever had in a demo. I might pick this one up. Oh and the graphics are superb I wish the MMO Bioware is making looked as good.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dead-Memories
Wow just played the demo and I have to say that was the most fun I have ever had in a demo. I might pick this one up. Oh and the graphics are superb I wish the MMO Bioware is making looked as good.jakarai
TOR looks fine, it will be optimized for a wide range of computers. graphics is the 11th most important thing when creating an MMO.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jakarai
[QUOTE="jakarai"]Wow just played the demo and I have to say that was the most fun I have ever had in a demo. I might pick this one up. Oh and the graphics are superb I wish the MMO Bioware is making looked as good.Dead-Memories
TOR looks fine, it will be optimized for a wide range of computers. graphics is the 11th most important thing when creating an MMO.

It's number 2 for me.
brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

I haven't been able to try the demo yet, but I won't be buying this one after the rip off that was the first. (I enjoyed the game, but beat it in 6 hours then spent another 2 collecting everything).

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I thought it was a big improvment of the first in graphics and gameplay. Also the dismemberment is very nice.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Wow, did I play a different demo? It was just as mindless and boring as the first. I like the dismemberment (one of my larger grips with the first one), but still, it's like playing dynasty warriors in space...

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dead-Memories
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="jakarai"]Wow just played the demo and I have to say that was the most fun I have ever had in a demo. I might pick this one up. Oh and the graphics are superb I wish the MMO Bioware is making looked as good.jakarai

It's number 2 for me.

well prepare to be massively dissapointed then.
ExtremeMagnion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ExtremeMagnion2
[QUOTE="jakarai"][QUOTE="Dead-Memories"] TOR looks fine, it will be optimized for a wide range of computers. graphics is the 11th most important thing when creating an MMO. Dead-Memories
It's number 2 for me.

lol gameplay >>>>>>>graphics in MMO
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Wow! It was awesome...I was lookin forward to this game since I loved the first one, but this ones miles ahead....the combat is so smooth, the CGI is pretty good and im sure the story will hold its own. Cant wait!

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="jakarai"] It's number 2 for me.ExtremeMagnion2

Yea with the graphics turned to Ultra, TOR will look fine....just how WoW looked GOOD when it was turned up very high, but ToR is also going to play on older computers which is a win/win situation when it comes to MMO's.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's ok but I notice some improvements over the 1st. Looks to be no lower than 7.5 at least.

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

I thought the demo was awesome. The graphics are easily some of the best I've seen.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

It seems like an improvement over the original (or at least, what I remember from TFU1's demo) with the action being much smoother, but still all-flash, no-substance.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

ExtremeMagnion2

I didn't have a problem with the story. What I gathered from the demo at least. As for the gameplay, it's leaps and bounds over the first game. I wasn't a fan of the first game's combat.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jakarai

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="jakarai"] It's number 2 for me.ExtremeMagnion2

It's about equal for me but If I can't look at it I can't play it.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#31 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Huh. I only played the demo of Force Unleashed, but I don't remember having this much fun with it.

If there's some decent variety to this, it could actually be awesome.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I really enjoyed it. I mean, I'm a big Star Wars nerd anyway, and loved the first game because the story was so great, but I'm really glad to see that they fixed most everything that prevented me from loving the original's gameplay. It looks, plays, and runs better. Can't wait... though I'm also picking up Fable 3.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 donalbane
yeah i was shocked by how good the graphics looked, really a big improvement. the force powers seem a bit more fun. i just think that they were all ready levelled up for the demo, in the full game, you probably will only get that level after hours of play. the only other things that bothers me is that i dislike games with tons of combos to remember.sts106mat
Well, the combos are fairly intuitive at least.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#35 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I'll DL it on PSN here in a bit. I'm sure that I will be picking this one up shortly after it releases.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
Played it on the 360 but can't seem to find the demo on PSN!! Where is it?
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dead-Memories

[QUOTE="ExtremeMagnion2"][QUOTE="Dead-Memories"] well prepare to be massively dissapointed then. jakarai

It's about equal for me but If I can't look at it I can't play it.

you must have started gaming late then with those absurd standards.
Jrfanfreak88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 Jrfanfreak88
Member since 2008 • 1792 Posts
The demo was a lot of fun, however it feels like they took some cues from God of War (increased gore, good graphics, falling down a building over a great distance, stormtroopers that closely resemble GOW's Satyrs, etc) which is fine BUT if you are going to mimic God of War you better make your combat just as good/fun. I mean sure, I can grab a guy with the Force and throw him 100 feet into a wall, or I could kill baddies with the force push, or I could kill them with my lightning fingas, but at the end of the day I want to be able to do MORE with the lightsabers. With God of War it is SO much fun just using his regular weapon to take out people, with heavy attacks, regular attacks, grabbing guys and taking them out in the worst ways, WHERE is that in Force Unleashed?! The combat feels so scripted and bland whereas in GOW it is at least less predictable and extremely satisfying. I should be able to take my lightsabers and just slice through guys like we see with Raiden in Metal Gear Solid Rising, only it's a lightsaber so it should be 100 times cooler, AND we should be battling like 20-30 stormtroopers at a time just making them into Sushi. How come I just have to mash the square button to use my lightsabers? Why don't I have a crazy heavy attack except at the end of a cutscene? The lightsaber attacks in these Star Wars games have just gotten more and more boring over time in my opinion, and if they are going to take some cues from GOW why not try to make everything just over the top like we see in GOW? Plus, using the force still feels a bit clunky. Last night I wanted to grab a storm trooper that was infront of me and instead the game locked onto a box that was behind me and out of the camera's view. I almost think this game needs a cover system AND should rely much more on stealth so we can be like a REAL JEDI and use some strategy to take out our foes. I really think they are moving in the right direction...but they are still a bit away from making a game that everyone must have.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Got it on pre-order, I think I'll save myself for the full game. Glad to hear most of you like it though.

I thought it was a big improvment of the first in graphics and gameplay. Also the dismemberment is very nice.

finalfantasy94
Dismemberment? Lightsabers? :D
RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

i was very impressed with it its what the first game should have been can't wait to play the full version

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Downloading the demo right now on the 360. If the final product isnt an unoptimized turd for the PC, i will get it down the road.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#42 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I thought it was okay. I honestly think the original felt better. It's hard to describe... And I just don't really dig the graphics as much. Things look too soft... I dunno. It was alright though. Nothing amazing or much different from the original.
TravJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TravJon
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

I thought it was great. It was cool to see a decapitated stormtrooper :D

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
This demo was very much like the original. Your powers seem much more developed, but in the end, the gameplay is nearly identical. It does seem a bit more polished graphically. The targeting system for force grip is still not that great. They claim it improved, but it was still as frustrating as I remember. Too often I keep targeting the wrong item. Personally, I loved the original until I played Infamous. Once I played Infamous, I couldn't play Force Unleashed anymore without feeling bottled up. Both Cole and Starkiller have amazing powers to use. Yes Force Unleashed has a great Star Wars story to it, but it also is very scripted and usually channels you through one narrow corridor after another fighting waves of enemies. Cole is close enough in powers that the open world nature of Infamous stole me away from this series. I might pick up Force Unleashed 2 later on when it drops in price.
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Just beat the demo and the hardest difficulty....its FREAKING AMAZING!!!! Everything is so much better the especially how satisfying the combat is and now that they fixed the target system I see no reason why this game can't be AAA :D
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

Downloading it on PSN now. 1165 MB though :cry:

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 donalbane

catfishmoon23
Xbox version was 712mb... so that's odd.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

[QUOTE="catfishmoon23"]

donalbane

Xbox version was 712mb... so that's odd.

Dang, I'm downloading it on 360 then lol. That really is weird though. And for the record, it's actually 704.45 MB in case anyone else is wondering. That's a 460.55 MB difference. Around 1 - 2 hours more download time for me lol.

ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

Is there a demo on Xbox Live?