Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Performing Very Strongly Against EA Expectations And Fallen Order

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Bad news for people who like games that aren't broken on launch. Despite the performance issues, Jedi Survivor is doing very well for EA. So, expect more broken games in the future, because apparently most people don't care.

EA’s most recent earnings call for the quarter ending on March 31 does not include Star Wars Jedi: Survivor which launched on April 28. However, EA made a point to express that the game is performing very, very well this early.

According to EA, Jedi Survivor is performing “very strongly” against the internal expectations they set for the game, and also compared to its predecessor, Fallen Order, with millions of players already on board.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

Can i preorder part 3 yet?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 with_teeth26

@girlusocrazy said:

I heard unlike Redfall there's actually a good game underneath there and people are just impatient. There's people out there paying for early access and paying to get the game one week early, opting in to beta rings, they want the unfinished versions on purpose because they just can't wait or maybe they feel special to see it before others.

yea, I think that is very much the case. by all accounts its a great game underneath the technical issues.

Star Wars also has a huge rabid fan base who probably grabbed it the moment positive reviews showed up

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Respawn understands Star Wars.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I'll wait for the bargain bin and actually play through the first one while I wait. By then everything should be ironed out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

Hooray for €70 becoming standard and nobody expecing quality at launch.

I was praising Jedi Fallen Order, as it was EA at its least scummy: a proper singleplayer game with no microtransactions.

But man, I do hope Survivor will be in a playable state sometime in 2023.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

As Hardwenzen said it best, Respawn knows how to tell a good story from Star Wars (and making a fun good combat I might add) which is why it's selling everyone's expectations despite the technical issues, it did way better than Redfall. I already beat the game on PC and I'm replaying it in NG+ as we speak. The latest patches really improved the PC version so if anyone has any doubts, it's safe to play it now.

Kudos to both EA & Respawn.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Not perfect, but last patch makes this sure as shit several times better to play on PC vs the perma fucked up console version.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 with_teeth26

@davillain said:

As Hardwenzen said it best, Respawn knows how to tell a good story from Star Wars (and making a fun good combat I might add) which is why it's selling everyone's expectations despite the technical issues, it did way better than Redfall. I already beat the game on PC and I'm replaying it in NG+ as we speak. The latest patches really improved the PC version so if anyone has any doubts, it's safe to play it now.

Kudos to both EA & Respawn.

glad to hear its better on PC after some patches.

I ultimately decided to replay Fallen Order because when I first played it I never finished it, and didn't really get into it properly as I had some other stuff going on in my life at the time. actually been having a good time with the replay.

so by the time i'm done, hoping Survivor is in a good playable state.

The silver lining, is at least its a proper singleplayer game doing well, so EA should continue to fund them hopefully

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

That's nice but next time perhaps finish the game before release.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

The performance on release was embarassing, but the actual game is quite solid. I played on PS5 and the fps drops/screen-tearing were ridiculous. The week 1 patch went a long way to fixing that issue.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Seems like a very good game that was rushed a bit. Am looking forward to playing it sometime in the future when it’s been all ironed out.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

The next step is for EA to go "Wow! This did great. You know what it needs? MULTIPLAYER! LOOT BOXES! People love that shit!"

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#16 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

It doesn't surprise me as Star Wars is massive and it is a good game underneath the technical issues. It launched unfinished and EA is to blame for that. Consumers need to show restraint though. Stop pre-ordering and buying at launch without verifying that the game is in a good state. Otherwise, we will continue to get broken unfinished games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@BassMan said:

It doesn't surprise me as Star Wars is massive and it is a good game underneath the technical issues. It launched unfinished and EA is to blame for that. Consumers need to show restraint though. Stop pre-ordering and buying at launch without verifying that the game is in a good state. Otherwise, we will continue to get broken unfinished games.

I had no idea it would be a broken mess and lucky enough both EA/Respawn worked their asses patching it and its now playable. But this doesn't excuse them for not delaying it again if they needed to and gamers would be fine if it needed another delay. At least Jedi Survivor did slightly better than Redfall but this isn't saying much.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#18 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@davillain:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/star-wars-jedi-survivor-still-has-traversal-shader-compilation-stutters/

I am still holding off.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2445 Posts

I just can’t get past the main character being played by the dude from the TV show Shameless. If you’ve seen that show… THAT dude can’t be a Jedi… Come on…

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 with_teeth26

@ghostofgolden said:

I just can’t get past the main character being played by the dude from the TV show Shameless. If you’ve seen that show… THAT dude can’t be a Jedi… Come on…

yea, its a problem lol.

not a slight on the actor, he's great in Shameless, just a very un-Jedi character. and since Shameless is the first thing I saw him in, its hard not to associate him with that character now

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

Despite poor performance, it’s still a very good and fun open-world game.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Based on what people said about the PS5 performance, I went with the XSX version and have only experienced a few minimal issues but nothing taking away from the overall experience. Cal has come into his own and it's quite the fun Star Wars experience.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

Speaking of, I need to redeem my free copy. Thanks, AMD!

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

Waiting a few years until I can get it digitally for $6 like I did with Fallen Order