Star Craft 2: Legacy of the Void HYPE THREAD * PC EXCLUSIVE MEGATON INCOMING

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Star Craft 2: Legacy of the Void HYPE THREAD * PC EXCLUSIVE MEGATON INCOMING (91 votes)

AAAA 8%
AAA 65%
AA 21%
A 1%
ABSOLUTE FLOP 5%

Finally a true PC MEGATON exclusive incoming - Star Craft 2 Legacy of the Void will be released next Monday. What is your hype ? I don't accept anything below AAA ; ) With all recent console-oriented multiplats failing miserably (BAtman AK, AC Syndicate, Black Ops 3) Star Craft 2 Legacy of the Void is our only hope to get a true PC Game this year.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• 
Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void has sold one million copies in 48 hours.

https://twitter.com/StarCraft/status/665266754189324288

I like these expansions a lot and recommend this one. I'm surprised there hasn't been more posts about it yet, even with the FO4 release.Not neccessarily on the scope of Fallout 4's "Everything is broken; X1 literally 0 FPS" or on Payday's "they've added pay2win!", but just a bit. Blizzard has become too smooth from a technical and QA and PR standpoint^^. I do 100% achievements for these campaigns, and so far, LotV seems to be a lot more challenging the previous ones.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@kozio said:

Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void has sold one million copies in 48 hours.

https://twitter.com/StarCraft/status/665266754189324288

I like these expansions a lot and recommend this one. I'm surprised there hasn't been more posts about it yet, even with the FO4 release.Not neccessarily on the scope of Fallout 4's "Everything is broken; X1 literally 0 FPS" or on Payday's "they've added pay2win!", but just a bit. Blizzard has become too smooth from a technical and QA and PR standpoint^^. I do 100% achievements for these campaigns, and so far, LotV seems to be a lot more challenging the previous ones.

Have they made it so you can see mission achievements in Legacy of the Void before you played it? I just finised Zerg expansion and every mission had 3 achievements but i didnt know whats it was before i finished it once. So yea had to replay most mission twice which felt annoying sometimes.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

@aroxx_ab: Yes, every mission in lotv tells you it's achievements in the briefing. Of course, until you're playing the missions, you may not actually know what the achievements are talking about, but at least it gives you a chance to plan ahead.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#54 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

1 Million copies sold in 48 hours.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/starcraft-ii-legacy-of-the-void-has-sold-one-million-copies-in-48-hours/

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/starcraft-ii-legacy-of-the-void-has-sold-one-million-copies-in-48-hours/

bu..bu.. PC has no sales and gamers! piracy!

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@tushar172787 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

That's like a five year old joke at this point. It's pretty obvious that PC gaming has been huge for years now.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tushar172787

@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

That's like a five year old joke at this point. It's pretty obvious that PC gaming has been huge for years now.

at gaming forums..

see youtube comments and you'll see pretty much every console gamer giving this statement.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JangoWuzHere

@tushar172787 said:
@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

at gaming forums..

see youtube comments and you'll see pretty much every console gamer giving this statement.

Well, only the most controversial comments are presented front and center on youtube. It's probably the worst site ever for any sort of discussion or feedback. You can't take any of those comments seriously.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tushar172787

@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:
@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

at gaming forums..

Well, only the most controversial comments are presented front and center on youtube. It's probably the worst site ever for any sort of discussion or feedback. You can't take any of those comments seriously.

Not just youtube, actually. Some sites like gamefaqs, IGN (to some extent).

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Cloud_imperium

@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:
@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

at gaming forums..

I agree. Youtube community is the most childish community I've ever seen. But Tushar is right too but I think at this point most people say this to troll PC gamers. If anything, it's consoles that are in bad situation. Can't remember the last time I played AAA Console exclusive not held hostage by Sony or M$. Things were different in PS2 era.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kozio

Destructoid : 9/10

Gameinformer: 88/100

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tushar172787

@Cloud_imperium said:
@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:
@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:

at gaming forums..

I agree. Youtube community is the most childish community I've ever seen. But Tushar is right too but I think at this point most people say this to troll PC gamers. If anything, it's consoles that are in bad situation. Can't remember the last time I played AAA Console exclusive not held hostage by Sony or M$. Things were different in PS2 era.

Not to mention there are many anti-PC gaming sites spreading false info..

For example: http://www.gameskinny.com/yc2ux/piracy-is-killing-the-pc-game-devs-predict-a-grim-future-for-pc-gaming

..and plenty more

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By tushar172787

on topic..

It seems like initial reviews are really good. I say it will get AAA on GS.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Cloud_imperium

@tushar172787 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@JangoWuzHere said:
@tushar172787 said:

at gaming forums..

Not to mention there are many anti-PC gaming sites spreading false info..

For example: http://www.gameskinny.com/yc2ux/piracy-is-killing-the-pc-game-devs-predict-a-grim-future-for-pc-gaming

..and plenty more

Don't forget that "only 33% people use 1080p on PC" articles made for circle jerking, that are full of false information.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Still no review by Gamespot even though they've had a couple of promos running for it.

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Still no review by Gamespot even though they've had a couple of promos running for it.

Yeah I'm surprised bow few reviews there have been across the board so far - guess it got put aside for Fallout 4 and the other big releases - which is a shame. :/

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Has Sold One Million Copies In 48 Hours

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Probably gets 9. Though, I probably won't be getting it. Liberty and Swarm were pretty lackluster. Especially the campaign has been pretty horrid so far. And I never really cared the MP that much.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cloud_imperium

The game came out on Tuesday and it's Sunday here now (Middle East) but still no review. Expected it to be out on Thursday or Friday.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Will probably net an AA review, but it's a fantastic game. Better than Swarm, probably still behind WoL for me.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Kozio

@GarGx1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

The game came out on Tuesday and it's Sunday here now (Middle East) but still no review. Expected it to be out on Thursday or Friday.

Loading Video...

Welcome to GS. They didn't even mention Vermintide in GOTM October, it's a great FPS. I'll take this and TW3 expansion over Halo 5.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Cloud_imperium

@kozio: Yeah,,, what a shame. Hopefully this time they'll at least do a proper video review for new Total War.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Cloud_imperium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltIZWNz7V2c

Loading Video...

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I am playing the campaign on hard right now and I love it. Definitely AAA.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@GameSpot@digitaldame so should we be expecting a review soon?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Cloud_imperium

@lostrib: Yeah,,, the game came out 9 days ago. Expected the review after 2 or 3 days of release.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jhonMalcovich

Review is Up. CasualSpot strikes again. 8 because "Competitive play is brutally complex". Yeh you heard it - competitive play being complex is a bad thing now.

8/10

The Good
Delightfully campy campaign
Excellent mission structure and pacing
Technically masterful
Improved accessibility
The Bad
Competitive play is brutally complex
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jhonMalcovich

With 40 reviews in it's probably the most solid game of the month. The lowest score 78.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Flop!!!111

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JangoWuzHere
@jhonMalcovich said:

Review is Up. CasualSpot strikes again. 8 because "Competitive play is brutally complex". Yeh you heard it - competitive play being complex is a bad thing now.

8/10

The Good
Delightfully campy campaign
Excellent mission structure and pacing
Technically masterful
Improved accessibility
The Bad
Competitive play is brutally complex

That's not a bad criticism. Star Craft 2 doesn't have the massive draw and community it did four years ago. It's not really worth it for a newcomers or older veterans to get back into the game. Not to mention, RTS games are basically on their last legs, many don't exactly have the time or luxury to learn a dying genre.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

No video review for the finale to Starcraft 2? Reading the review I don't know where the 8 came from. Mentioned something about dialogue isn't great, and the game was a little hard. Did he expect to pick it up and be a grandmaster from the start?

With the one negative at the bottom saying multiplayer is complex, after claiming to have played 50+ hours, I'm not sure how much credibility he has. I mean, sure after 10 hours I'm sure he'd still be learning, but 50?

Reading the review I don't know where he came to the conclusion that it was 8/10, reading the review it sounds like it would easily be a 9. Haven't played the game myself so I cant judge, but seems like not much effort went into the review (pretty short compared to most other recent releases), plus they couldn't even get a video review for it??

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

I'm really getting sick of the "it's campy therefore ok" excuse I keep seeing for the story aspects from reviewers. This is probably one of my favorite games and franchises in the last 10 years, but I'm not going to pretend the story was anything but embarrassing. Why do so many reviews say things like it's a "satisfying conclusion?" Nothing about this story was satisfying. It's boring and generic, and tops off 2 other boring stories that have some of the worst dialogue I have ever had to endure in an AAA budgeted story. For all it's production value and quality voice acting, the writing is total shit, a farce compared to Starcraft 1, Brood War, and plenty of sci-fi games in between.

An actual "campy" story should have better underlying aspects to it than this. Some degree of absurdity, regular humor, unique dialogue, or tongue-in-cheek qualities that make it better than the sum of it's parts. Starcraft 2 never had any of that. It's only called "campy" because Blizzard hires three year olds fanfiction authors to write for them, not because it's deliberate or deceptively clever.

Replaying campaigns for achievements, I just have to skip cutscenes now. They just makes me cringe or groan every single time.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#83 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@JangoWuzHere: They created Archon Mode (two players controlling one race, so one can do economy while the other control units for raids), brought in co-op mission mode, and made the game faster to start. That's not to mention the new ones usually start at Bronze league, which is often hilariously bad.

rektmuhface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rektmuhface
Member since 2015 • 455 Posts

That ending...the general downgrade in storytelling from Blizzard like HOLY SPIT.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jhonMalcovich

@JangoWuzHere: Shut up, Meg.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Cloud_imperium

As I predicted on Page 1, it scored AA just like HOTS.

And this is probably the shortest review I've ever read. Negative is also pretty... odd.

No video review = disappointing after 10 days of wait.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#87 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

That is a shitty knock, but whatever. Reviewers reward accessibility far too much for my liking, although sure I get that reviewing Starcraft 2 multiplayer properly is probably really difficult since naturally I'd want someone good at it to actually review it.

That said an 8 is probably fair, it's a little bit better paced than Heart of the Swarm, but it lacks the novelty factor Wings of Liberty had, and haha oh man Blizzard's story are so dog shit.

@Vaasman said:

I

An actual "campy" story should have better underlying aspects to it than this. Some degree of absurdity, regular humor, unique dialogue, or tongue-in-cheek qualities that make it better than the sum of it's parts. Starcraft 2 never had any of that. It's only called "campy" because Blizzard hires three year olds fanfiction authors to write for them, not because it's deliberate or deceptively clever.

Also this, it's not campy, I like campy shit, Dead Rising 1 is campy. This is just a really shit plot and script. Though to be fair I always thought the Starcraft story was dumb. A few likeable characters aside like Raynor and Zeratul.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

I kind of expected more posts in a megaton PC exclusive thread.

@jhonMalcovich said:

Definitely AAA.

Lulz.

Edit: I really should finally finish the main game.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Reading his bio at the end it sounds like he's had plenty of SC experience, just sounds like he's not that great. I mean I'll be the first to admit I'm not great at RTS games, but putting in similar hours playing as he claims I was a couple wins from ranking up to platinum in WoL (never played HotS). Something I think is achievable for most coordinated people if they play a decent amount.

He also didn't mention the arcade at all, which was a huge part of my StarCraft 1 experience, and I've put plenty of hours in it on WoL. It's not new, but shouldn't it be mentioned since LotV is a standalone game not needing WoL?