Star Citizen fan tries to put together old leaked asset of what might be the biggest city in gaming

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

The above shows the assets the fan is currenting trying to put together and texture

What CIG showed us a long time ago. They been keeping this planet a secret but people have been able to access some of the untexture assets since last year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Things like this just make me question their claims even further.... the 3.0 demo bragged about being able to fly anywhere and see people (so could you fly up to terra tower and see through the window? I doubt it .... may apply to small mining bases etc... but a city it clearly won't.

Now that there is full planet landing, how on earth are they going to make a city fit into the scale while still being detailed and believable?

E:D had it easy because their ships are FAR larger in general.

SC ships are barely bigger than planes .... I wonder how they will handle all of this.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Things like this just make me question their claims even further.... the 3.0 demo bragged about being able to fly anywhere and see people (so could you fly up to terra tower and see through the window? I doubt it .... may apply to small mining bases etc... but a city it clearly won't.

Now that there is full planet landing, how on earth are they going to make a city fit into the scale while still being detailed and believable?

SC ships are barely bigger than planes .... I wonder how they will handle all of this.

With ships? There probably put a rule where if you try to your ship get's shot down. Although they could possibly put smaller vehicles in there for that to be possible.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

"of what might be the biggest city in gaming"

Not to ruin your parade but CIG never claimed that you'll be able to explore all of Terra. In fact they stated pretty clearly that on planets like Terra and Earth where you have large cities and everything, there will be a path you have to follow to the landing zone. If you steer away autopilot will take over. Most of what you see will be backdrop. I mean, Star Citizen is ambitious but building entire detailed cities would be a little too much.

I don't know if there will be zones on the rest of these high populated planets where you can land and explore the wildlife but for cities it's a no go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@blueeyedcasva said:
@MBirdy88 said:

With ships? There probably put a rule where if you try to your ship get's shot down. Although they could possibly put smaller vehicles in there for that to be possible.

yea no doubt, but im refering more to the scale when coming into land, originally it was going to be cutscenes.

@kweeni said:

Not to ruin your parade but CIG never claimed that you'll be able to explore all of Terra. In fact they stated pretty clearly that on planets like Terra and Earth where you have large cities and everything, there will be a path you have to follow to the landing zone. If you steer away autopilot will take over. Most of what you see will be backdrop. I mean, Star Citizen is ambitious but building entire detailed cities would be a little too much.

I don't know if there will be zones on the rest of these high populated planets where you can land and explore the wildlife but for cities it's a no go.

This. Only parts of the city can be visited via trains etc.

If I recall when they first spoke about Terra, the first area to be open will be "Terra Tower" which is that massive building, mostly high class shops/business area.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

We may see it again at Citizencon

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheFadeForever

@MBirdy88 said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@MBirdy88 said:

yea no doubt, but im refering more to the scale when coming into land, originally it was going to be cutscenes.

@kweeni said:

This. Only parts of the city can be visited via trains etc.

If I recall when they first spoke about Terra, the first area to be open will be "Terra Tower" which is that massive building, mostly high class shops/business area.

The have changed the scope before being able to fully explore most of the city might be possible. Procedural planet generation wasn't even a thought before they finally showed it.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I saw this earlier and it's some very impressive work but it's made from assets found in 2.5 and is not necessarily Terra itself, just this guys interpretation from published concept art.

As much as I'm fan of Star Citizen, I really hope people aren't going to get their hopes up that every city, town or village in the PU will be as accessible as a city in GTA, that's beyond the realms of realistic especially if they are ever going to release any capital planet into it. It's likely that most population zones like Terra or even New York, Moscow, London etc. will be no fly zones with restricted flight paths. You'll get within range and auto pilot will take over, if not then you'd be able to land on anything with a large enough roof.

Here's the full video

Loading Video...

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

Looks smaller than Lost Santos in GTA V and the other pics are just renders, they don't mean anything.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GarGx1

@shawty_beatz said:

Looks smaller than Lost Santos in GTA V and the other pics are just renders, they don't mean anything.

Very, very different things. Not only is Terra just one of perhaps a dozen or so large cities on different planets (Earth is rumoured to have 5 city hubs) there is no way they will be freely explorable. The player accessible city hubs themselves will likely be no bigger than Prague in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, maybe not even that large.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheFadeForever

@shawty_beatz said:

The last two are work in progress from last year that the developer are working to put in the game. Unless you think they made an entire city and not actually use it for the game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#12 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I think there will be special rules for civilized planets. You will have to obey these rules or risk getting shot by UEE. The level of detail is insane in this game. Not sure if there will be super big ass cities. They already have a lot of stuff left to do. Could be wrong though. We'll see.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@deathlordcrime:

Out of all that city, how much of it can you explore, I wonder.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

tbh it scares me , CIG is going beyond limits , makes me wonder how they want to pull it off

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

The "explorable" city sizes would probably be equivalent to the biggest cities in other MMOs.

This is promarily a spaceship games so yeah, they aren't trying to create a full functioning city with hundreds of scheduled NPCs.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Damn dude this is a bigger city than coruscant in star wars or the big city in gta 5.

These developers are truly legendary visionaries this games going to be fabulous.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@shawty_beatz said:

Very, very different things. Not only is Terra just one of perhaps a dozen or so large cities on different planets (Earth is rumoured to have 5 city hubs) there is no way they will be freely explorable. The player accessible city hubs themselves will likely be no bigger than Prague in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, maybe not even that large.

Exactly, I was referring to the title of this thread that claims this will be the biggest city in gaming.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I don't know why people even fool themselves into thinking they're going to get shit like this in the actual game.

Did you learn nothing from no man's sky?

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I don't know why people even fool themselves into thinking they're going to get shit like this in the actual game.

NMS is a indie thou

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@deathlordcrime said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

NMS is a indie thou

And Star Citizen is being published and created by which huge AAA game studio?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@deathlordcrime said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

NMS is a indie thou

Well, the alpha of this game already has like 50 times the gameplay content that No Man's Sky has. I don't think people are that worried about it.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The game is going to be huge in scope. Even if they put in 'only' a quarter of what is mentioned. I'm not concerned about the scope.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GarGx1

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@deathlordcrime said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

NMS is a indie thou

Well, the alpha of this game already has like 50 times the gameplay content that No Man's Sky has. I don't think people are that worried about it.

It's also being created by a man with hard earned legendary status in games development in control of 4 studios and over 300 staff, some of which are among the most talented and experienced in the games industry. As well as having an ever growing war chest currently sitting at $122 million, all of which is being poured into the game itself, not marketing and hype.

If we ever see the numbers for No Man's Sky, I'll guarantee they show Sony spent more on marketing the game than Hello Games did on developing it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#24 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@deathlordcrime said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

NMS is a indie thou

No Man's Sky: Made by 8 people with no experience.

Star Citizen: Budget of over 100 Million Dollars, currently in development by more than 300 people (just internally, not counting partners) who have experience in Space Sims genre and made genre defining games in the past. Freelancer a 13 years old game is still ahead of almost every Space game that came after it all things considered (exploration, story, innovation, modding, characters, level of polish etc etc etc)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Bread_or_Decide said:

to be fair, the TC's claim wasn't fact. There will be little/medium size hubs (think Dues Ex cities where you can travel to different parts, mixed with Edler Scrolls style NPC schedules). You will NOT be able to explore the entire mass, it would be a waste of development effort and pointless to the overall game.

Those renders though, are what you see when you fly down to the city. so likely you will have SOME detail (but not streets etc)... there will be landing pads outside the tower (giant tower, should be huge in theory) ... then you walk off the platform, through the bridged doorways... think Star Wars - Episode 3 ... that main city planet.

If detailed right, it could look and feel fantastic. but we shall see.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheFadeForever

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@deathlordcrime said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

NMS is a indie thou

over 300 people