STALKER and Metro - The Future of Gaming?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Hello friends

So watching this footage. I see incredible amount of similarity in terms of atmosphere and setting. Metro setting is based on post nuclear war while STALKER offer greatest gaming world of all time Zone.

Although Metro is bit cinematic but that doesnot stop it from being Quality. it still offer tons of depth and bring innovation to FPS genre.

STALKER on other hand was one that inspired Metro. it was most atmospheric and unique title back in 2007 and become best FPS of all time. now Im not expecting STALKER 2 to beat STALKER 1. its situation of Deus Ex HR cant beat Deus Ex 1 yet manage to become best on its own. STALKER 2 will follow same and will be better than every FPS ever release except STALKER 1.

4A confirmed that new Metro is coming along with thier new IP as thier studio got bigger.

STALKER/Metro inspired shooters more coming ie Chernoboylite, Pioner, Atomic heart and i hope more to come.

but My goodness. look at quality, detailing etc. they are not AAA developers. neither GSC nor 4A. they are just mid tier one and they use 1/4th of budget EA/Ubisoft use yet their games manage to looks billion times better than big budget games!!.

after conclusion, I realise that future of gaming is this. Russian/Ukraine atmospheric immersive Shooter. and I hope after Doom clones or old school shooters. these kind of games become norm.

So my friend, what you think? lets discuss.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

What I think?? I think we don’t need your 10-15 threads a day about the same game…

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

Bored GIF

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOO

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

So you want the future of gaming to be all CoD clones? Boring...

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

So you think the future of gaming should be FPS games set in Russia? Do you even realize how dumb that sounds?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

OMG stop making stalker threads already!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34607 Posts

zzz

Avatar image for killerpainrulez
killerpainrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By killerpainrulez
Member since 2021 • 135 Posts

nope the wave of retro fps which might eventually spawn off some great franchises

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2928 Posts

@vfighter: Yeah, but COD in Russian with gasmasks on. It's called, errrrr, evolution, I think.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2928 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I definitely agree that Stalkers 2's setting is similar to Metro's, but why do we need a whole thread about this? But if you want to know I am 10 times more excited about Stalker 2 than the next Metro. It looks far better, scarier and less dull.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

i wish i got as excited for games as ghost does

holy shiiiiiiiit - ghost watching the stalker 2 reveal

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@Macutchi said:

Lol I know I'm so jaded with gaming now I miss when I use to get super hyped.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

Stalker 2 could potentially be influential on the PC side, just as the original was. It's certainly going to have a modding scene and the developers seem fully aware of how beneficial modding can be. It's what kept Stalker in the public eye all these years.

It still baffles me others haven't caught on, or don't care. Some of the best and largest games comes derive from modding. Games that are failures have benefited from modding.

Even today, Battle Royal, everyone jumping aboard. Transforming Epics otherwise "who cares" Fortnite into printing money and helping them push Epic Store. That came from the mod scene. Not them.

Yet little acknowledgment.

So yea Ghost my friend, I think the mod scenes creativity and passion will be like Mothra when she turns into a big bastard butterfly, very pretty.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see the developers pick up modders for hiring or a few go professional.

Metro? Pffffff

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Stalker 2 could potentially be influential on the PC side, just as the original was. It's certainly going to have a modding scene and the developers seem fully aware of how beneficial modding can be. It's what kept Stalker in the public eye all these years.

It still baffles me others haven't caught on, or don't care. Some of the best and largest games comes derive from modding. Games that are failures have benefited from modding.

Even today, Battle Royal, everyone jumping aboard. Transforming Epics otherwise "who cares" Fortnite into printing money and helping them push Epic Store. That came from the mod scene. Not them.

So yea Ghost my friend, I think the mod scenes creativity and passion will be like Mothra when she turns into a big bastard butterfly, very pretty.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see the developers pick up modders for hiring or a few go professional.

Metro? Pffffff

This is what I have been saying to those who saw trailer and called it "herp derp its cinematic" and they all will surprised how much depth Stalker 2 going to have.

only reason I would ditch it if they removed modding but they did not.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Metro? Pffffff

You can't charge microtransactions for mods. Companies don't like the idea of people getting value out of their game they can't monetize.

(actually now that I think about it, didn't some company try that? maybe for one of the Bethesda games? can't remember)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

@with_teeth26: Yes. Bethesda tried to turn the modding community into microtransaction hell under the guise of "supporting the community" where they took a huge cut.

When they were wildly rejected. Steam was basically spammed and they took it down. Only to bring it back on Bethesda service, where users can't give the same amount of feedback.

It would be easy to blame them, but Valve was doing that shit first. They just followed.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

Meh.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@Macutchi said:

Lol I know I'm so jaded with gaming now I miss when I use to get super hyped.

If you cant get impressed with STALKER 2, Deathloop, Dying light 2. then my friend, games are not problems.

its just that you are getting older and getting less interest. most people in 40s actually think like that. one of the person I know is above 40. He was into gaming but nowdays he dont have time for games due to busy in life and almost quit it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Metro? Pffffff

This is what I have been saying to those who saw trailer and called it "herp derp its cinematic" and they all will surprised how much depth Stalker 2 going to have.

Despite what you believe, you cannot mod a game into something that it is not. Modders operate within the framework of what they have. If you follow the modding scene, you'll understand that there are limits imposed upon what they can do, by the engine or some other factor. It's not like they have the source code they can rewrite.

If a game is cinematically structured (for your favorite example, TLoU), no mod can change that into Mario Galaxy. Cinematics and STALKER are like oil and water. They're incompatible at the very foundation of the game's design which everything else is built around.

Modding will not (and cannot) fix that.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34607 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Metro? Pffffff

Despite what you believe, you cannot mod a game into something that it is not. Modders operate within the framework of what they have. If you follow the modding scene, you'll understand that there are limits imposed upon what they can do, by the engine or some other factor. It's not like they have the source code they can rewrite.

If a game is cinematically structured (for your favorite example, TLoU), no mod can change that into Mario Galaxy. Cinematics and STALKER are like oil and water. They're incompatible at the very foundation of the game's design which everything else is built around.

Good post. Since it's aimed at a brick wall, I'd just like to thank you for the sense you're making.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Metro? Pffffff

My friend, if they ditch inventory, put health regen, ditch modding. I will be first person to ditch this game before you.

until then what i have seen it will be benefit from modding. misery mod made Stalker gunplay more akin to milsim. mods can entirely change gunplay, AI, etc.