Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9430 Posts

@jaydan said:

DOES ANYBODY HERE KNOW WHAT GOOGLE STADIA'S TARGET AUDIENCE IS.

• Not the people who are beta testing it via the Founder's Edition
  • Not the people on this forum (serious games with consoles and PCs)

Potential Targets:

• People who only have a Switch and want to play the occasional AAA multi-platform game
  • People who like sports games, but don't want a gaming console/PC
  • Kids in school, or anyone who primarily plays games on their phones
  • Kids in school with Chromebooks (Google has literally taken over schools with them - there is a whole generation of kids who grew up primarily using Chromebooks).

Stadia isn't ready for its target audience and likely will not be until:

• The free tier releases
  • They make it easier to set up
  • It doesn't require a Pixel phone, Chromecast, or other specific hardware

There are a few interesting things about Stadia's future:

• There is one other feature of Stadia that may appeal to more serious games and it's not out yet and who knows when it will be: Multiplayer games bypassing the client-server relationship. This will require games being built from the ground up.
  • Games running on Stadia run on Linux. So everything that happens on Stadia brings us closer to native Linux games on the desktop.

Stadia is, and will be, beta for the foreseeable future. Just forget about it and check in later next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83c14458072
deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52  Edited By deactivated-5e83c14458072
Member since 2006 • 2727 Posts

@jaydan: People who don't want to/can't buy a gaming system. There seem to be quite a few people in that situation, just not here on gamespot forums.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83c14458072
deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 deactivated-5e83c14458072
Member since 2006 • 2727 Posts

@Pedro: So you're all for options... except when it comes to games I guess? Since you were one of the clowns that wanted DS to fail. What a joke you are. Lol.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@jaydan said:

DOES ANYBODY HERE KNOW WHAT GOOGLE STADIA'S TARGET AUDIENCE IS.

• Not the people who are beta testing it via the Founder's Edition
  • Not the people on this forum (serious games with consoles and PCs)

Potential Targets:

• People who only have a Switch and want to play the occasional AAA multi-platform game
  • People who like sports games, but don't want a gaming console/PC
  • Kids in school, or anyone who primarily plays games on their phones
  • Kids in school with Chromebooks (Google has literally taken over schools with them - there is a whole generation of kids who grew up primarily using Chromebooks).

Stadia isn't ready for its target audience and likely will not be until:

• The free tier releases
  • They make it easier to set up
  • It doesn't require a Pixel phone, Chromecast, or other specific hardware

There are a few interesting things about Stadia's future:

• There is one other feature of Stadia that may appeal to more serious games and it's not out yet and who knows when it will be: Multiplayer games bypassing the client-server relationship. This will require games being built from the ground up.
  • Games running on Stadia run on Linux. So everything that happens on Stadia brings us closer to native Linux games on the desktop.

Stadia is, and will be, beta for the foreseeable future. Just forget about it and check in later next year.

Stadia more than anything right now should focus on a casual demographic, and I think that's what they need to focus on. Where's their take on Wii Sports or an Angry Birds type of game?

It does not mean they can't eventually extend to a core audience, but right now that demographic is turning their heads away. In the infancy of a new service they need focus on the most-likely adopters that would stick around, not dangle it over the wrong audience's nose just to sniff it and turn their heads away. That will leave a lasting sent that can ultimately lead to failure.

Can you imagine if the Wii was marketed towards core gamer's? If that was the case, the Wii probably would have been the polar opposite of the success it is known for today.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 pyro1245

@jaydan: Yeah. Unfortunately Google forgot to put 'BETA' in all the marketing material.

It's just not ready yet.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

Yesterday's Stadia release news got overshadowed by Valve's Half Life Alyx announcement. But judging by the mixed reactions and disappointment in many places with Stadia's streaming quality and reliability, Google might actually be glad.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@jaydan: Its for people who are happy with renting things rather than owning them, i thought that was pretty simple.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#59 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70242 Posts

@Arkhalipso said:

@Pedro: So you're all for options... except when it comes to games I guess? Since you were one of the clowns that wanted DS to fail. What a joke you are. Lol.

I wanted the DS to fail? Please remind me of this instance.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: Renting things at full retail price, with a subscription fee added lol, stadia is such a joke. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside watching it stumble around and die so quickly.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Pedro

@vfighter: You don't rent games with Stadia, you purchase the games and the games are free to play at the lower tier. Its always important not confused facts. :)

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 VFighter

@Pedro: When did you get your new job with Google, just curious? Does it pay well, does your new position depend solely on Stadia succeeding? You pay a monthly fee and on top of that you still have to BUY the games at full price all while having to stream the games which even with great internet is complete ass, no matter how you spin that its a horrible recipe but fun to watch crash and burn.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Pedro

@vfighter said:

@Pedro: When did you get your new job with Google, just curious? Does it pay well, does your new position depend solely on Stadia succeeding? You pay a monthly fee and on top of that you still have to BUY the games at full price all while having to stream the games which even with great internet is complete ass, no matter how you spin that its a horrible recipe but fun to watch crash and burn.

Seems like you have an aversion to facts. I strongly recommend at least knowing what you are talking about before spewing things you think is true. The facts aren't that hard. Its one thing to say you don't like the service but you are misinformed.

Stadia Base is free.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 VFighter

@Pedro: Ohhh free, which means you can't even get some games on the service lol, great facts.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Not that I care about the differences shown in the first few post... but I thought the point of stadia was that you always had a top of the line PC graphics behind it without needing to upgrade yourself. Thats how it was advertised at least, I actually thought it was a good idea.

Im surprised its not as clear as current console quality.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By VFighter

@enzyme36: That's its tag line, but real world use has shown it to be a joke. Lots of input lag, stuttering, and resolutions all over the place, and that's with a fantastic connection. Most people will experience much worse performance.

Edit, not to mention their "4k" isn't that, its just 1080 upscaled. This whole thing is a joke at best, scam at worst.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pedro

@vfighter: You sure hate facts. :)

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@enzyme36: agreed. I don't care about the images in an abstract sense, but it does lay bare a difference between what it was supposed to be and what it is

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 VFighter

@Pedro: You sure hate reality.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Holy shit, so with stadia you need a $10/month sub PLUS you have to pay full pop for the games?? To be able to stream them??????

LOLLLLL

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

Holy shit, so with stadia you need a $10/month sub PLUS you have to pay full pop for the games?? To be able to stream them??????

LOLLLLL

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@goldenelementxl: what’s the actual price breakdown I can’t seem to find anything official.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@goldenelementxl: what’s the actual price breakdown I can’t seem to find anything official.

It's extremely convoluted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pdogg93 said:

So what happens to these games you buy if you stop subscribing???

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pdogg93 said:

So what happens to these games you buy if you stop subscribing???

You get to play in 1080p only, I guess. Good question, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@DragonfireXZ95: So you rent the "device" to stream on but can buy games for it also, and when you stop subscribing you have games but no "device" to play them on is what I got from that, but its been a long day so i'm probably reading it wrong, but if not, then well....

Sounds like a steal, and not from a consumers standpoint.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10538 Posts

it's the input lag on a fast connection from the wp tweet and that $9.99/month doesn't get you a full library of streamable games a la netflix that's most concerning to me, not the graphics

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DragonfireXZ95

@i_p_daily said:

@DragonfireXZ95: So you rent the "device" to stream on but can buy games for it also, and when you stop subscribing you have games but no "device" to play them on is what I got from that, but its been a long day so i'm probably reading it wrong, but if not, then well....

I could see them allowing you to keep the games if they only give you one free game every 2 or 3 months, but if it's a monthly game, then I doubt you'll be able to keep it. The whole marketing scheme is confusing as hell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I could see them allowing you to keep the games if they only give you one free game every 2 or 3 months, but if it's a monthly game, then I doubt you'll be able to keep it. The whole marketing scheme is confusing as hell.

It says you can buy games, but i'm wondering what happens to the games you payed for if you stop subscribing, how would you play the games you own?

You're right its confusing as ****.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#80  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

I said it before and I'll say it again. Services like Stadia, PS Now, and GamePass devalue you're games TO YOU.

There's no value in a game when there's thousands to select from. That's why the quality goes down.

It's the same with Netflix and movies. A Blu Ray movie on a player looks better than streaming it on Netflix. But people don't care other than hardcore movie buffs.

Gaming is my hobby, I care about visuals, audio, and lag. I'll stick with Hardware and physical games.....and at least Digital Downloads

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 pyro1245

I should get my kit today. I guess I'll have to play Samurai Showdown or Destiny 2 because I sure ain't buying anything on this platform.

Man what a poor choice of monetization.

On the bright side nobody is using it so you can basically get whatever user name you want.

@Star67 said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Services like Stadia, PS Now, and GamePass devalue you're games TO YOU.

Lol. well it's a good thing Stadia only has 20 games on it and most of them are $60.

I love GamePass. Best thing to happen in gaming this gen. Amazing service after they worked out the kinks and I've since completed a ton of games on it for a fraction of the cost. I've also been able to try a bunch of games just to find out I wouldn't like them. The devalue argument is a bunch of crap. It's subjective and you can't tell anyone else what value a game has. It's your own fault that your in that mental state.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#82 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

I should get my kit today. I guess I'll have to play Samurai Showdown or Destiny 2 because I sure ain't buying anything on this platform.

Man what a poor choice of monetization.

On the bright side nobody is using it so you can basically get whatever user name you want.

@Star67 said:

Lol. well it's a good thing Stadia only has 20 games on it and most of them are $60.

I love GamePass. Best thing to happen in gaming this gen. Amazing service after they worked out the kinks and I've since completed a ton of games on it for a fraction of the cost. I've also been able to try a bunch of games just to find out I wouldn't like them. The devalue argument is a bunch of crap. It's subjective and you can't tell anyone else what value a game has. It's your own fault that your in that mental state.

When Game Pass stops letting you download the games in a few years and forces you to stream come back to this post so I can evaluate your mental state.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 pyro1245

@Star67: Oh please. I'll just move on. It's not like I own the games ;)

C'mon with that nonsense....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pedro

There is a free option coming next year and yet people are wondering "what would happen to my games I purchase if stop subbing?". Are people even trying? How could such a simple answer to a simple question be so bewildering?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DragonfireXZ95

@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:

It says you can buy games, but i'm wondering what happens to the games you payed for if you stop subscribing, how would you play the games you own?

You're right its confusing as ****.

Well, you'd be able to use the free service where you're limited to 1080p. You'd keep the games, but no more 4k streaming.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Well, you'd be able to use the free service where you're limited to 1080p. You'd keep the games, but no more 4k streaming.

Which has to be the dumbest shit ever. "Subscribe and pay for your game and you get 4K (but not really,) or buy the game with no subscription and get 1080p, the same as the subscription model." Stadia was hyped way too much by Google lol.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 VFighter

@Pedro: I hope Google isnt paying you much, you really arent doing a good job at selling this crap box.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#88 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17896 Posts

System Wars when Stadia is brought up....

Pedro...

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DragonfireXZ95

@lundy86_4 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Which has to be the dumbest shit ever. "Subscribe and pay for your game and you get 4K (but not really,) or buy the game with no subscription and get 1080p, the same as the subscription model." Stadia was hyped way too much by Google lol.

Yeah, it's definitely a model I don't endorse.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: It's just so out there lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Pedro

@BassMan @vfighter seems like stating the facts is really under you all skin.

Ithrewupfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ithrewupfire
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts

Stadia Base

Sound: Stereo

that's sad, ill stick to gamepass for the moment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@DragonfireXZ95: Right, didn't read to much of it I just read the buy part and subscribe part lol, I guess it shows how much interest I have in it. Will be good when Google discontinues it lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#94  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17896 Posts

@Pedro said:

What facts are those? That Stadia is shit? LOL

Don't get me wrong. I am glad Stadia exists. Now console gamers have an inferior platform to laugh at too. LOL :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#95 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I’ll take 2

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Pedro

@BassMan: I am just stating facts, you are simply stating your opinion. I am sorry if you are still struggling to discern the difference. :)

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 VFighter

@Pedro: At this point stating that its shit is indeed a fact, but keep at it you might change at least one persons view on it...maybe.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Pedro

@vfighter: Your struggle with facts continues 😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

Mighty 8K BC Scarlet is the only way to go...

:P

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I and many other's told you console delusion'ists that a 10.7 TFLOP GPU isn't s***... 1440P/30FPS with Red Dead Redemption 2.

Loading Video...

Next reality check... 9-11TFLOP Navi console can't do 4K/60 on every game either without "lower than low" settings sacrifice.

Where are all the people that I argued with who told me I didn't know what I was talking about?... Also yeah I know this is SW, I expect the same back tracking during the PS5 launch and I'll prepare for the "build a PC for $500 that can compete" to wash over the disappointment.