SSBB will not be AAA

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts
This is a dangerous prediction from me...If I'm wrong, the sheep will feed me to the wolves.  I think it will be AA but not AAA
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

Melee, no online play= 8.9

Brawl, online play= AAA

mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mis3ry
Member since 2004 • 5664 Posts

Brawl, online play= AAA

Grodus5
Unless they add something new other than just online play it will not get AAA. Especially with the way GS has been rating stuff lately.
Avatar image for martinbarker007
martinbarker007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 martinbarker007
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
well, you need to bear in mind that a 'shake the controller to perform actions' approach to control may be its downfall... :/
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
Even if it does not get AAA I will still be getting it. Without the online play the game may get high AA,but I know this game will get at least low AAA.
commania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 commania
Member since 2003 • 500 Posts
[QUOTE="Grodus5"]

Brawl, online play= AAA

mis3ry
Unless they add something new other than just online play it will not get AAA. Especially with the way GS has been rating stuff lately.

Yes exactly, to get AAA they must change the game mechanics or something, better graphics and a few new characters is not enough and itll probably rate lower than SSBM too.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
I will get AAA on other gaming sites. Like with the zelda review GS one was the lowest.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
well, you need to bear in mind that a 'shake the controller to perform actions' approach to control may be its downfall... :/martinbarker007

I really do hope they didn't do that.  If they do that, SSBB might bomb.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
To be completely honest I don't care. If they rereleased SSBM and just added online I would be perfectly happy.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Grodus5
Apperently, people don't know a thing about Brawl, for one, Nintendo confrimed it could use the Gamecube or Classic Controller.  I also think Online, the only thing Super Smash Bros. is missing, will be enough to get it up to AAA
Avatar image for mushroomscout89
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 mushroomscout89
Member since 2004 • 6434 Posts

On gamespot, there's no way that ssbb can be AAA anyway.

Nintendo-Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nintendo-Wii
Member since 2006 • 464 Posts
Sakurai said they're putting work into a more indepth single player which was actually intended for the originals but there wasn't enough time. I think the quality of that will determin whether Smash will be AA or AAA. Brawl has a greater opportunity to get AA than previous SSBs cos of this and of course online play.
MaxxxReebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MaxxxReebo
Member since 2005 • 1340 Posts
I don't care. Give me Melee with more characters and I'll still be happy. ^_^
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Grodus5
I don't care. Give me Melee with more characters and I'll still be happy. ^_^MaxxxReebo
Same here. Give me more Fire Emblem characters!
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
Sakurai said they're putting work into a more indepth single player which was actually intended for the originals but there wasn't enough time. I think the quality of that will determin whether Smash will be AA or AAA. Brawl has a greater opportunity to get AA than previous SSBs cos of this and of course online play.Nintendo-Wii

I really, really hope that means them making better nostaligic single player levels. 
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

Even if it doesn't get AAA it will be the most played game in any Wii owner's library.

It will for me atleast.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
I don't care. Give me Melee with more characters and I'll still be happy. ^_^MaxxxReebo
actually....I think nintendo really needs brawl to push they're online system. So far..whats the games that are using it? Pokemon? Batalion wars? The wii's online NEEDS smash bros.!
Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
What did Mario Kart DS do differently?? The main reason it got AAA was because it had online.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grodus5

Even if it doesn't get AAA it will be the most played game in any Wii owner's library.

It will for me atleast.

88Ghost89
Like Melee was for the Cube.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grodus5
What did Mario Kart DS do differently?? The main reason it got AAA was because it had online.starwarsgeek112
Yeah, other then that it was the same as 64 (that was a great game too)
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shinobishyguy
What did Mario Kart DS do differently?? The main reason it got AAA was because it had online.starwarsgeek112
exactly. It'll be the biggest disapointment ever if Brawl doesn't have online! Without online...it'll just be another Melee with new characters and stages! Hell..if they don't put in online..it could possibly be lowered to a mere A score!
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grodus5
[QUOTE="starwarsgeek112"]What did Mario Kart DS do differently?? The main reason it got AAA was because it had online.Shinobishyguy
exactly. It'll be the biggest disapointment ever if Brawl doesn't have online! Without online...it'll just be another Melee with new characters and stages! Hell..if they don't put in online..it could possibly be lowered to a mere A score!

Yeah, it could, but I don't think so, it's probably stay in low to mid AA
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts

Brawl, online play= AAA

Grodus5
that just means that if Melee had online it would have been AAA, the standards are much higher now so if online play is the only major improvement it won't be AAA
DKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DKII
Member since 2004 • 353 Posts

I found the Retro tracks in Mario Kart DS to be a nice touch, was new to that series at least.  With those it had double the number of tracks as the other Mario Kart games, and on a handheld, no less.

liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
AA IMO. 
chinoceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chinoceron
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
as a sheep i can tell you hat i dont care what score THIS game gets in gamespot or any other site, i will be getting it and "pownin" every one online!!!!
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Grodus5

I found the Retro tracks in Mario Kart DS to be a nice touch, was new to that series at least.  With those it had double the number of tracks as the other Mario Kart games, and on a handheld, no less.

DKII
They had the Retro Track idea in Advanced, but it was much better in DS
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#29 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsgeek112"]What did Mario Kart DS do differently?? The main reason it got AAA was because it had online.Shinobishyguy

Worse yet, if SSBB doesn't have online I'll be forced to assume that Nintendo is still ignorant to what gamers want from their franchises and I'll never buy a Wii.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Brawl, online play= AAA

Grodus5
Umm. No. It will most likely get the same score as melee did or probably less.. What am I saying, thats your opinion. I apologize. (Now everyone else, follow the same suit...... )
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
This is a dangerous prediction from me...If I'm wrong, the sheep will feed me to the wolves.  I think it will be AA but not AAAAvIdGaMeR444
why don't you just wait an quit being a freak. Nobody including me never said SSBB will be AAA all the sheeps care about including me is online nothing else if it gets AAA Good if it doesn't and it gets AA so what Online is the key to SSBB
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
hat just means that if Melee had online it would have been AAA, the standards are much higher now so if online play is the only major improvement it won't be AAAdarkodonnie

Really? What game has raised the standards of games like Smash Bros?

Melee is still the pinacle of that st,yle of game.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
[QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Grodus5"]

Brawl, online play= AAA

R-Dot-Yung

i agree itll still be a good game but not AAA, GS is on the crackdown no pun intended

but that is not fair for new people that have never played a smash bros. it will get a low score because it doesn't change much? yet some people might not have ever played its awesomeness to feel as though that is the case. Anyway, I think it will change enough. new characters, special moves, pretty graphics, and online play hopefully.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#35 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I'm typically don't agree with you, but I think your thoughts are extremely likely. If the online isn't even that great, it could barely be AA.
Avatar image for realityillusion
realityillusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 realityillusion
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts
whatever rating it gets it will still sell like hotcakes.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="starwarsgeek112"]What did Mario Kart DS do differently?? The main reason it got AAA was because it had online.cheezisgoooood

Worse yet, if SSBB doesn't have online I'll be forced to assume that Nintendo is still ignorant to what gamers want from their franchises and I'll never buy a Wii.

In terms of they're online strategy....there still stuck in the stone age. We need online GAMES nintendo! Us gamers don't care about voting, or the news, or the friggin weather.....*uless if the weather channel will affect games in the future ie. Animal crossing*
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NRGCDS
I'm typically don't agree with you, but I think your thoughts are extremely likely. If the online isn't even that great, it could barely be AA.yodariquo
oh the online will be great, what other game can be like SSBB online nothing.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
well, you need to bear in mind that a 'shake the controller to perform actions' approach to control may be its downfall... :/martinbarker007
they have already said that SSBB will not use motion sensitive controls.
Plug1Plug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Plug1Plug2
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts
Hopefully, NO online play. Who in their right mind would want to play smash bros. online? I can't even imagine how that would even be possible. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. Even the slightest lag would kill that game. AAA? who cares? If it's even half as good as Melee, it will still be an awesome game
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NRGCDS
[QUOTE="Plug1Plug2"]Hopefully, NO online play. Who in their right mind would want to play smash bros. online? I can't even imagine how that would even be possible. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. Even the slightest lag would kill that game. AAA? who cares? If it's even half as good as Melee, it will still be an awesome game

are you on drugs plug1plug2 online will make the game perfect fighting game with 4 players kick @ss in it around the would and not the people in your room.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shinobishyguy
judging by all of the posts i think it's safe to say this: SSBB will be THE deciding point for nintendo's online plans......If it doesn't have online.....Don't count on nintendo putting online in many of their games. you would think that nintendo learned their lesson with the GC not even having an online system.
Plug1Plug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Plug1Plug2

[QUOTE="Plug1Plug2"]Hopefully, NO online play. Who in their right mind would want to play smash bros. online? I can't even imagine how that would even be possible. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. Even the slightest lag would kill that game. AAA? who cares? If it's even half as good as Melee, it will still be an awesome gameNRGCDS
are you on drugs plug1plug2 online will make the game perfect fighting game with 4 players kick @ss in it around the would and not the people in your room.

Yeah I'm on drugs. But I'd much rather play it with people in my room than against some screaming jerks in Bolivia. If it can pull it off with no lag, then I'll change my mind.

Anyway... here's  a quote from the creator: "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that,"

yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yodariquo
[QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'm typically don't agree with you, but I think your thoughts are extremely likely. If the online isn't even that great, it could barely be AA.NRGCDS

DS-style friend codes, 1 on 1, lag (huge hurdle in fighters), limited game modes. There are many possible complications. One could be a result of another. 1 on 1 or limited modes because of lag issues.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'm typically don't agree with you, but I think your thoughts are extremely likely. If the online isn't even that great, it could barely be AA.yodariquo

DS-style friend codes, 1 on 1, lag (huge hurdle in fighters), limited game modes. There are many possible complications. One could be a result of another. 1 on 1 or limited modes because of lag issues.

Isn't lag an issue of one's own personal internet connection rather than the games own issue?
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NRGCDS
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'm typically don't agree with you, but I think your thoughts are extremely likely. If the online isn't even that great, it could barely be AA.yodariquo

im talking about the fighting with 4 players no other fighting game can't do that and you don't even know the wii's online compard to the DS online I bet you there will be just one friend code and that is the wii friend code you have that then you are all set to play your friends if they had the game. but if you think the online is not great then you are on drugs then.
Plug1Plug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Plug1Plug2
[QUOTE="yodariquo"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'm typically don't agree with you, but I think your thoughts are extremely likely. If the online isn't even that great, it could barely be AA.NRGCDS

im talking about the fighting with 4 players no other fighting game can't do that and you don't even know the wii's online compard to the DS online I bet you there will be just one friend code and that is the wii friend code you have that then you are all set to play your friends if they had the game. but if you think the online is not great then you are on drugs then.

Dear NRGCDS, Not everyone is on drugs if they disagree with you.
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NRGCDS
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="yodariquo"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'm typically don't agree with you, but I think your thoughts are extremely likely. If the online isn't even that great, it could barely be AA.Plug1Plug2

Dear NRGCDS, Not everyone is on drugs if they disagree with you.

then you are lazy then.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 yodariquo
[QUOTE="yodariquo"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'm typically don't agree with you, but I think your thoughts are extremely likely. If the online isn't even that great, it could barely be AA.NRGCDS

You don't understand. So far, we know that Pokemon Battle Revolution uses its own friend code, and Elebits uses the Address Book. It's a possibility it will have its own friend code. Lag is a gigantic issue in fighting games. Understand that. And the more players that are playing, the more lag there will be, which is why four player may be discarded. That is also a possibility. Or it's possible that it will be there with serious latency issues, detracting from the enjoyment. Also possible. It could be excellent. It could be not. I'm telling why it's likely that it won't be.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Grodus5
I dunno, they pulled off the no lag deal with Hunters, I don't see why they couldn't with Brawl (noob moment, I know)