SSBB might beat Halo 3's first week sales?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

(let me say I know all three versions of Brawl are being released at different times. That withstanding, I'd like to combine first week figures of these two games. I'd think if Halo 3 were separated too, it wouldn't make a difference coz 2.3 million of its 2.6 million units in its first week were sold in the US. So, its not like Japan and EU were too excited)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Halo_3_sells_2_63_million_copies_in_its_first_week_as_Xbox360_outsells_Wii

Thats from Digg. com stating what halo 3 sold its first week in market.

2.6 million copies sold its first week, 2.3 million in the country at war with an inanimate object.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a separated launch but in Japan sold under 900,000 copies it first week and in NA sold 1.4 million copies its first week.

So lets just say thats 2.3 million for smash. on first week sales alone. (its already nearing the 3 million mark as is)

so do you think Europe will put smash bros. past halo 3's 2.6?

So do you think europe will buy more than say 500,000 copies of smash in its first week.

sales don't mean much, halo 3 did get passed up wayyy too quick by its COD 4 counterparts

lucky for Brawl, it really doesn't have any competitors. Even if you like SC, or VF, or Tekken, when will they ever sell a combined 2.3 million in their first weeks? ( this generation at least)

this thread is too put things in perspective halo isn't the competitive, must have multiplayer game it once was, smash came in second to it last gen in terms of highly regarder multiplayer games. Brawl may have taken that title this generation already.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

Halo 3 sold 2.3 million on day one in America alone.

misterjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 misterjew
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts

Im not going to lie here, I think SSBB will beat Halo 3 in first week sales. Just because there are more Wii's on the market. Also Halo is a rated M game. I'm not sure what SSBB is so I'm not gonna put that as an argument.

I havent even played it yet. My friend has it but he has company all the time.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
No, Halo 3 sold 2.6 mil NA ALONE. So SSBB fails at that one.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darth-pyschosis

KingOfKonging

I say that. And SSBB has already sold that.

Is your post more of a statement of how popular halo is in america, or how unpopular it is everywhere else in the world?

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darth-pyschosis

No, Halo 3 sold 2.6 mil NA ALONE. So SSBB fails at that one.MadExponent

How about you click that link?

Jack_Bauer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jack_Bauer07
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts

KingOfKonging

You have a link to back that up?

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingOfKonging
[QUOTE="KingOfKonging"]

Jack_Bauer07

The first link in this thread.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KingOfKonging

[QUOTE="MadExponent"]No, Halo 3 sold 2.6 mil NA ALONE. So SSBB fails at that one.darth-pyschosis

How about you click that link?

You click that link you posted.

The 2.6 first week was only American sales.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="Jack_Bauer07"][QUOTE="KingOfKonging"]

KingOfKonging

You got a point with him but you keep evading my question

Is 2.3 million American copies in week one (when considering only 300,000 sold in all of the rest of the world) more of a statement of halo being really popular in a small pond, or insignificant around the whole wide world?

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KingOfKonging

Also, according to that link you posted Halo 3 actually sold a little more than 2.8 million copies in America alone on its first week.

Although I'm not really sure why any of this matters.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KingOfKonging
[QUOTE="KingOfKonging"][QUOTE="Jack_Bauer07"][QUOTE="KingOfKonging"]

darth-pyschosis

Is 2.3 million American copies in week one (when considering only 300,000 sold in all of the rest of the world) more of a statement of halo being really popular in a small pond, or insignificant around the whole wide world?

Click on your own link man.

This is what your link leads to: http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?date=39355

According to that link 2.3 was DAY ONE in America alone, and 2.8 was week one total for America alone.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darth-pyschosis

Also, according to that link you posted Halo 3 actually sold a little more than 2.8 million copies in America alone on its first week.

KingOfKonging

Halo 3 broke all records this week selling around 2.63 million copies in just five days,

thats from the link

and you're still avoiding my question.

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts

Brawl = $49.99

Gamecube Controller = $14.99

Wii from Ebay = $500

Food for Brawl Party = $15

Realising that the graphics are a minor upgrade from the cube, the game is best with a cube controller, and that it makes no use of the "innovative" motion controls of the Wii = Priceless

sorry but it's so true, although I love the game!

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KingOfKonging
[QUOTE="KingOfKonging"]

darth-pyschosis

Halo 3 broke all records this week selling around 2.63 million copies in just five days,

thats from the link

and you're still avoiding my question.

Are we looking at the same link???

THIS is where your link leads to (the DIGG site is just digging this link)

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?date=39355

That says 2.8 million sold in one week in the US ALONE.

Jack_Bauer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jack_Bauer07
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts

VG Chartz = estimates

All official articles I've read say the game sold $170M in its first 24 hours. This is between the standard, CE, and legendary.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darth-pyschosis
Halo 3 sells 2.63 million copies in its first week as Xbox360 outsells Wii

vgchartz.com - Halo 3 broke all records this week selling around 2.63 million copies in just five days, 2.3 million coming on day one alone. The release of the most hyped title of the year pushed Xbox360 hardware sales to 125,000 for the week, beating Nintendo's Wii console but still not able to match the juggernaut that is the DS.

where does it say north america, europe, or japan?

i could be wrong, yes i could be wrong but you're getting that 2.8 million, the NA, and everything from no where.

this states how much halo 3 period. it was released (as far as i know) around the world on the same day.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KingOfKonging

Also, where are you getting your "only selling 300,000" in the rest of the world figure for week one?

It isn't true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3#Sales

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KingOfKonging
Halo 3 sells 2.63 million copies in its first week as Xbox360 outsells Wii

vgchartz.com - Halo 3 broke all records this week selling around 2.63 million copies in just five days, 2.3 million coming on day one alone. The release of the most hyped title of the year pushed Xbox360 hardware sales to 125,000 for the week, beating Nintendo's Wii console but still not able to match the juggernaut that is the DS.

where does it say north america, europe, or japan?

i could be wrong, yes i could be wrong but you're getting that 2.8 million, the NA, and everything from no where.

this states how much halo 3 period. it was released (as far as i know) around the world on the same day.

darth-pyschosis

At the top of your link where it says "AMERICAN SALES." THat's the American sales chart.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
IMO Brawl is Melee rehashed. Say what you will about Halo, at least they tweak the actual gameplay some. I prefer COD4 anyways. I think that the main reason that so many Wii owners flocked to it was because its one of few releases they will see this year from Nintendo. Nintendo since N64 has become this stagnant slug that releases rehashed games one to three times per year.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darth-pyschosis

In the U.S., Halo 3 sold 3.3 million copies in its first 12 days on sale

okay if you're right about the 2.8 million in american alone, then a measley 500,000 in other countries in 12 days

Smash brothers is at 2.3 million combined first week sales with Europe yet to see it.

All it needs it another million to tie halo 3's sales after 12 days in a lesser amount of time

so,.......

don't you think if japan buys 900,000 copies, NA 1.4 million, that europe might have a number similar?

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KingOfKonging

okay if you're right about the 2.8 million in american alone, then a measley 500,000 in other countries in 12 days

Smash brothers is at 2.3 million combined first week sales with Europe yet to see it.

All it needs it another million to tie halo 3's sales after 12 days in a lesser amount of time

so,.......

don't you think if japan buys 900,000 copies, NA 1.4 million, that europe might have a number similar?

darth-pyschosis

Dude, what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

Do you realize the US and America are the same thing?

In the first two weeks on sale halo 3 sold 3.3 million in the US alone, and 5.2 worldwide. Read the link I posted.

and On October 4, 2007, Reuters UK estimated that Halo 3 may have sold up to 5.2 million copies worldwide in the first two weeks after launch

To date Halo 3 has sold about 8 and a half million worldwide. Over 3 million in places outside of the US, about 5 million in the US.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darth-pyschosis

IMO Brawl is Melee rehashed. Say what you will about Halo, at least they tweak the actual gameplay some. I prefer COD4 anyways. I think that the main reason that so many Wii owners flocked to it was because its one of few releases they will see this year from Nintendo. Nintendo since N64 has become this stagnant slug that releases rehashed games one to three times per year.MadExponent

coz you know the processor with double the power, the online multiplayer, the smash balls, online and offline replays, third party characters, new assit trophies, four different control methods, stage creator, were all in melee.

so, and Mario Galaxy isn't a rehash. you're a blatant fanboy if you think its at times point and click interface, physics based puzzles, story involving mario meeting God (or some powerful deity), playable luigi, and motion controls were the done on the N64, or GCN.

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts
[QUOTE="KingOfKonging"][QUOTE="Jack_Bauer07"][QUOTE="KingOfKonging"]

darth-pyschosis

Stop trying to bash Halo... And no, NO game will EVER surpass Halo 3's sales records, until Bungie releases their next game that is. Brawl doesnt even have a marketing campaign, and Halo 3's campaign still is unrivaled... Those who wanted and knew about Brawl already have it, sales will slow, unlike Halo 3's did.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

so,.......

KingOfKonging

In the first two weeks on sale halo 3 sold 3.3 million in the US alone, and 5.2 worldwide. Read the link I posted.

and On October 4, 2007, Reuters UK estimated that Halo 3 may have sold up to 5.2 million copies worldwide in the first two weeks after launch

To date Halo 3 has sold about 8 and a half million worldwide. Over 3 million in places outside of the US, about 5 million in the US.

Okay, so I read your link wrong. Do any ritualistic ownage claim you want but the truth of the matter is Halo 3 isn't as regarded as highly in its own genre as Call of Duty 4 and that isn't happening to Brawl.

Besides the fact that Halo 3 being the best selling opening performer is a joke. because movie tickets aren't $60.

sales be what they may, but Brawl and the Wii don't need to care about halo 3. Coz it hasn't made a dent in Nintendo's industry dominance of late.

i dunno this thread went to the dumpster, how satisfying is halo 3's sales to you now that you'd rather play Call of Duty 4?

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="KingOfKonging"][QUOTE="Jack_Bauer07"][QUOTE="KingOfKonging"]

krp008

Stop trying to bash Halo... And no, NO game will EVER surpass Halo 3's sales records, until Bungie releases their next game that is. Brawl doesnt even have a marketing campaign, and Halo 3's campaign still is unrivaled... Those who wanted and knew about Brawl already have it, sales will slow, unlike Halo 3's did.

Halo won't ever beat Super Mario Bros 3. ( or is it Super Mario World) at 18 million total.

or even Nintendogs at 14 million!

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts
[QUOTE="KingOfKonging"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

so,.......

darth-pyschosis

Okay, so I read your link wrong. Do any ritualistic ownage claim you want but the truth of the matter is Halo 3 isn't as regarded as highly in its own genre as Call of Duty 4 and that isn't happening to Brawl.

Besides the fact that Halo 3 being the best selling opening performer is a joke. because movie tickets aren't $60.

sales be what they may, but Brawl and the Wii don't need to care about halo 3. Coz it hasn't made a dent in Nintendo's industry dominance of late.

i dunno this thread went to the dumpster, how satisfying is halo 3's sales to you now that you'd rather play Call of Duty 4?

Man you are one angry Halo hater/Brawl, Wii lover.... I feel sorry

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

IMO Brawl is Melee rehashed. Say what you will about Halo, at least they tweak the actual gameplay some. I prefer COD4 anyways. I think that the main reason that so many Wii owners flocked to it was because its one of few releases they will see this year from Nintendo. Nintendo since N64 has become this stagnant slug that releases rehashed games one to three times per year.MadExponent

Maybe Im a fool, but in a fighter, I would consider balancing, and changing move sets, plus adding a 9 hour adventure mode, tweaking.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KingOfKonging
[QUOTE="KingOfKonging"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

so,.......

darth-pyschosis

I don't know what you're rambling on about here, but I was just pointing out the fact that your entire premise was incorrect, the numbers in your opening post were all wrong - I wasn't bashing or defending any particular game. I couldn't care less if Brawl were to outsell Halo 3, it wouldn't matter to me.

I'm not the one who made the thread man.

fishfake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fishfake
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts

omg you are all wrong !!

halo sold over 2,9 million in the us alone in 20 hours !!

here is a link

http://www.pc-cheats.de/link_klein.gif

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

Here's a better question.

Are sales going to make either game better or worse than they already are?

Answer: No.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

The Nintenazi's get pissed when they cant say they won a sales battle. Cuz you know... its not like they can ever win a graphics, gameplay, originality, or competitive online battle.....

So sales is where the Nintinazi's wage their war. Capture the minds of the simple, control the direction of the industry, shut down innovation, kill technological progress, and rake in the money... Wiig-Heil!

evilross

Nintendo can't win originality? Nintendo the makers of Electroplankton, Elite Beat Agents, Mother, Nintendogs, The Wii remote... They were the only ones that did something fundamental different this gen... and Sheep can't win originality?

And gameplay? I mean Sheep never win gameplay, they only have the most GotY's (other then PC)

fishfake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fishfake
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts

The Nintenazi's get pissed when they cant say they won a sales battle. Cuz you know... its not like they can ever win a graphics, gameplay, originality, or competitive online battle.....

So sales is where the Nintinazi's wage their war. Capture the minds of the simple, control the direction of the industry, shut down innovation, kill technological progress, and rake in the money... Wiig-Heil!

evilross

grow up Little kid

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts

Here's a better question.

Are sales going to make either game better or worse than they already are?

Answer: No.

DonPerian
Oh no...the truth. Everyone run, for has it right, this man does.
ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#37 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
Brawl Going 2 Outsell Worldwide AnyWay
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
who cares about just a week. lets see how each does after a few months.
rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts

(let me say I know all three versions of Brawl are being released at different times. That withstanding, I'd like to combine first week figures of these two games. I'd think if Halo 3 were separated too, it wouldn't make a difference coz 2.3 million of its 2.6 million units in its first week were sold in the US. So, its not like Japan and EU were too excited)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Halo_3_sells_2_63_million_copies_in_its_first_week_as_Xbox360_outsells_Wii

Thats from Digg. com stating what halo 3 sold its first week in market.

2.6 million copies sold its first week, 2.3 million in the country at war with an inanimate object.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a separated launch but in Japan sold under 900,000 copies it first week and in NA sold 1.4 million copies its first week.

So lets just say thats 2.3 million for smash. on first week sales alone. (its already nearing the 3 million mark as is)

so do you think Europe will put smash bros. past halo 3's 2.6?

So do you think europe will buy more than say 500,000 copies of smash in its first week.

sales don't mean much, halo 3 did get passed up wayyy too quick by its COD 4 counterparts

lucky for Brawl, it really doesn't have any competitors. Even if you like SC, or VF, or Tekken, when will they ever sell a combined 2.3 million in their first weeks? ( this generation at least)

this thread is too put things in perspective halo isn't the competitive, must have multiplayer game it once was, smash came in second to it last gen in terms of highly regarder multiplayer games. Brawl may have taken that title this generation already.

darth-pyschosis

dude halo 3 sold 5 million in its first week

brawl was available in japan for over a month now and to date its sold less then 3 million copies

its still impressive but its not going to beat halo 3 in sales

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
I thought sales didn't matter :? Good news for Nintendo. Smash is very popular and should make them alot of munnies.