SSBB is GOING to Beat Halo 3's Sales

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintend-man86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 nintend-man86
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
There have been alot of people saying that brawl sold quit alot this week. Of course, lemms say that this is nothing compared to halo 3's shattering sales. True this may be true, but its had its 15 minutes of fame. COD4 came and kicked it out of the spotlight. Right now Brawl has the spotlight. Whats that you say? It wont last very long? Well, what else is going to get rid of it? Teken? Soul Calibur? No, because this game doesn't have a genre, there is no other game quite like it. Besides that, look at how much Melee sold. It was selling all the way up to Brawl. Obviously Brawl is going to sell more than Melee. But the question is, does everyone already have it, or are there people that are yet to buy it? And if there are still people who havent, how long will it take them to buy it? Years till the next gen like Melee, or until its yesterdays news?
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
All the people I know with Wii's already have it.
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts

Wall of text...I'll just say right now it looks like Halo 3 will win in sales. Correct if I'm wrong but didn't Halo 2 beat SSBM in sales too. Or was it announced that SSBM won?

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Wall of text...I'll just say right now it looks like Halo 3 will win in sales. Correct if I'm wrong but didn't Halo 2 beat SSBM in sales too. Or was it announced that SSBM won?

DuDisNow

They were about the same.

It's hard to find real numbers for Halo, because of the amount of hype and assumed greatness of the Halo franchise.

Such as the 4 million preorder hype that went around before Halo3 released... apparently not... or people never picked up their game...

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
Sheep swear that Halo 3 will all of a sudden stop selling :|
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
It will eventually, but it has some catching up to do; I really thought the numbers would be much higher.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

i think it has an equal chance.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GundamGuy0

It will eventually, but it has some catching up to do; I really thought the numbers would be much higher.DementedDragon

Of course it has some catching up to do... Halo 3 came out 7 months ago...

SSBB sold nearly a 3rd of Halo 3's total sales in already...

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

honestly, i think SSBB will be the new Wii Sports and will sell well over what it did for melee. Gamecube had a very small install base and was basically a system for kids, or hardcore nintendo fans. SSBM is not just a hardcore game, but has a very casual appeal to it who's sales were limited due to the gamecubes small user base and image in the gaming community. Now that wii have the wii, it has both the hardcore base to sell to and tons of casuals to sell to. Sooner or later, brawl will replace wii sports as the game thats played in all the parties which will then get more people buying wii's and more people buying brawl which will get more and more people buying wii's and brawl.

I expect atleast 15mill in sales by the end of the gen.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

Duh

Japanese sales are the main factor in this. Brawl looks like it will end up at around 2.5 million over there whereas Halo 3 sold what, 100 thousand since its release :lol:

Coupled with even stronger American and European sales, its really a no brainer. Anyone who says otherwise needs to take their meds.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Brawl will outsell Halo 3. The Wii has a larger overall userbase and it sells well in all three regions, whereas the 360 only sells well in the US and UK (and still gets beaten by Wii in those regions too). Halo 2 maybe have outsold Melee, but the Xbox outsold the Gamecube too. Their attatch rates were really, really close.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]It will eventually, but it has some catching up to do; I really thought the numbers would be much higher.GundamGuy0

Yeah, but it also sold a very high number in it's first week.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]It will eventually, but it has some catching up to do; I really thought the numbers would be much higher.DementedDragon

Yeah, but it also sold a very high number in it's first week.

SSBB has sold like 2 million in japan, that's about 1.9 million more then Halo 3 has an ever will.

ShadowLaguna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 ShadowLaguna
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts
Oh my God, you guys have completely ignored the PAL regions. For God's sake, we have yet to get the game!!!!!!!!
kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts
I think it is more of a game every Wii owner will want, moreso than Halo 3 for every 360 owner.
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
[QUOTE="DuDisNow"]

GundamGuy0

They were about the same.

It's hard to find real numbers for Halo, because of the amount of hype and assumed greatness of the Halo franchise.

Such as the 4 million preorder hype that went around before Halo3 released... apparently not... or people never picked up their game...

Link please or don't talk out of your ass.

saltylovesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 saltylovesF
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts

SSBB will probably outsell Halo 3 due to the lack of solid games on the Wii. Then all of the SSBB kids will cry when GTA4 performs its special finishing move on April 29th.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#18 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
Brawl Is Going 2 Out Sell It Oready At 2 Mill But Brawl Not Even A Month In America Plus U Forgot Ever 1 Else In The World
rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts

There have been alot of people saying that brawl sold quit alot this week. Of course, lemms say that this is nothing compared to halo 3's shattering sales. True this may be true, but its had its 15 minutes of fame. COD4 came and kicked it out of the spotlight. Right now Brawl has the spotlight. Whats that you say? It wont last very long? Well, what else is going to get rid of it? Teken? Soul Calibur? No, because this game doesn't have a genre, there is no other game quite like it. Besides that, look at how much Melee sold. It was selling all the way up to Brawl. Obviously Brawl is going to sell more than Melee. But the question is, does everyone already have it, or are there people that are yet to buy it? And if there are still people who havent, how long will it take them to buy it? Years till the next gen like Melee, or until its yesterdays news?nintend-man86
halo 3

5 million in first week sold

ssbb

less then 3 million in 1 1/2 months

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]It will eventually, but it has some catching up to do; I really thought the numbers would be much higher.GundamGuy0

SSBB sold nearly a 3rd of Halo 3's total sales in already...

1/4 of it. Halo 3 is at 8 million.

And why do either sheep or lemmings care. Chances are GTA 4 PS3 or GTA 4 360 will beat both by a good margin.

I think we should look at the bigger stat, both games will hit 10 million. Thats impressive.
youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts
I really don't care :| I like both games and I'm glad both did well in sales. I can't get enough of brawl.