Square Enix: We'll help Xbox 360 in Japan

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

The producer of Kingdom Hearts 2 says interest in Microsoft's machine is increasing in the Far East

Translation: "Checks from Microsoft are increasing in the Far East"

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32551/Square-Enix-Well-help-Xbox-360-in-Japan

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
it just gets better and better
box0rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 box0rocks
Member since 2008 • 1006 Posts
SO MICROSOFT IS BEHIND THIS!!! i thought i would see this coming
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

The producer of Kingdom Hearts 2 says interest in Microsoft's machine is increasing in the Far East

xxThyLordxx
Can you show proof that Microsft paid for anything? It is annoying the immaturity sometimes on here how Microsoft pays for anything and everything but Sony is so pure they never have to or would pay for anything. The worst part is the people that spew this never have any proof at all.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

xxThyLordxx

here we go again :roll:

also... linkfied

MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
does this mean Kingdom Hearts 3 will be multi?
no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 no_handlebars
Member since 2008 • 1774 Posts
Grab your aluminum hats! It's teh conspiracy!
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

rybe1025
Can you show proof that Microsft paid for anything? It is annoying the immaturity sometimes on here how Microsoft pays for anything and everything but Sony is so pure they never have to or would pay for anything. The worst part is the people that spew this never have any proof at all.

Immaturity? Is your defense against immaturity naivete?
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rybe1025
does this mean Kingdom Hearts 3 will be multi?MightyMuna
The game has never even been announced but if it did happen then yes it will prolly be multi.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
here is my question how is this bad for 360 owners even if it is true they are paying for exclusives and support?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

We can't rule out the possibility of MS bribing SE, it's extremey naive to do so. Then again, there's no evidence to suggest that they are.

So in essence, this post is rather pointless. Goodbye.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts
is this really a surprise to anyone? why wouldnt SE support a system with a 25million+ userbase and only cater to a system with 18million units, and isnt even a videogame system just a tool to get people to buy blu-ray players.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

does this mean Kingdom Hearts 3 will be multi?MightyMuna

Nah, 360 exclusive. ;)

EDIT: Also why are people saying MS is bribing S-E, Just because they dropped off a bag with a dollar sign on it on the desk of the S-E CEO doesn't mean it a bribe. It was um, Bill Gates dirty laundry, and the S-E CEO agreed to wash it for him. (Yeah thats it).

Seriously S-E is probably disapointed wtih Sony's PS3 and supporting the 360 more. The cows love S-E when it was only making games for the PS2.

RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RuinedMachine
Member since 2008 • 622 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

rybe1025

MS does pay for everything though.

It's Microsoft after all.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rybe1025
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]We can't rule out the possibility of MS bribing SE, it's extremey naive to do so. The again, there's no evidence to suggest that they are. So in essence, this post is rather pointless. Goodbye.

Could it have happened? Of course but when these fanboys just throw stuff out without any proof at all is even more naive. People just assume stuff on here without any proof just to make their fanboy hearts feel better.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Good. SE helped out Sony for far too long, and it's about time the level out the playing field. Wow, how far the Xbox brand has come since the beginning. :)
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]We can't rule out the possibility of MS bribing SE, it's extremey naive to do so. The again, there's no evidence to suggest that they are. So in essence, this post is rather pointless. Goodbye.

Could it have happened? Of course but when these fanboys just throw stuff out without any proof at all is even more naive. People just assume stuff on here without any proof just to make their fanboy hearts feel better.

Personally, I think MS probably did bribe SE at 1 point. It could have been for FF13, it could have been for Star Ocean 4, it could have been for the Last Remnat's timed exclusivity, it could have been for SE's constant praising of the 360 in PR statements. I don't know. Then again, maybe they didn't bribe them at all. All we can do is guess.
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
Square Enix is no longer the dev they think they are. They are has-beens, past their prime We will soon usher in the new JRPG dev king, LEVEL 5!!!
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LittleHands134
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts
I don't care if it was a bribe, I don't work for SE so it's not my problem. Why should 360 owners care if it was a bribe either? The only thing that matters is if SE releases a 360 game, how they got them to do it is irrelevant.
RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RuinedMachine

I don't care if it was a bribe, I don't work for SE so it's not my problem. Why should 360 owners care if it was a bribe either?LittleHands134

I wouldn't care.

I wish Sony would do the same.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]We can't rule out the possibility of MS bribing SE, it's extremey naive to do so. The again, there's no evidence to suggest that they are. So in essence, this post is rather pointless. Goodbye.Floppy_Jim

Personally, I think MS probably did bribe SE at 1 point. It could have been for FF13, it could have been for Star Ocean 4, it could have been for the Last Remnat's timed exclusivity, it could have been for SE's constant praising of the 360 in PR statements. I don't know. Then again, maybe they didn't bribe them at all. All we can do is guess.

Doubtful. Nintendo received SE games. Sony received SE games. MS was really the only company left shafted with their first console. SE was never owned by Sony, nor were they exclusively developing for them. It's just the right time. The Xbox 360 showed to be a worthy competitor, and SE jumped on board, just like they did with Nintendo and Sony.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="rybe1025"] Could it have happened? Of course but when these fanboys just throw stuff out without any proof at all is even more naive. People just assume stuff on here without any proof just to make their fanboy hearts feel better.BioShockOwnz

Doubtful. Nintendo received SE games. Sony received SE games. MS was really the only company left shafted with their first console. SE was never owned by Sony, nor were they exclusively developing for them. It's just the right time. The Xbox 360 showed to be a worthy competitor, and SE jumped on board, just like they did with Nintendo and Sony.

This seems more likely to me. Bribes or no bribes.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

RuinedMachine

Link?
RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RuinedMachine
[QUOTE="RuinedMachine"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]Can you show proof that Microsft paid for anything? It is annoying the immaturity sometimes on here how Microsoft pays for anything and everything but Sony is so pure they never have to or would pay for anything. The worst part is the people that spew this never have any proof at all.sargentbotk

Link?

...sigh some people just need to chill.

And anyways, don't you know MS' history? The company wasn't exactly built on good-business morals.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Floppy_Jim

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="rybe1025"] Could it have happened? Of course but when these fanboys just throw stuff out without any proof at all is even more naive. People just assume stuff on here without any proof just to make their fanboy hearts feel better.BioShockOwnz

*Scratches chin thoughtfully* Aye, good point.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"][QUOTE="RuinedMachine"]

It's Microsoft after all.RuinedMachine
Link?

...sigh some people just need to chill.

And anyways, don't you know MS' history? The company wasn't exactly built on good-business morals.

I wasn't angry(I don't know how you could tell from that by me just saying "Link?")

And yeah, I know. But you're just guessing. You don't have any proof that they pay for everything.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

Offcourse SE are being paid, thats why they have released an MS owned exclusive and a timed exclusive, dont you see, all their games are now 360 exclusive!:roll:

Also why are you posting this, this article is old

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
I said before and I'll say it again, MS is the most desperate company when it comes to games this gen.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

BobHipJames

I see you and a lot of PS3 fans throwing around the "Microsoft paid them!" excuse every time interest in the Xbox 360 grows in Japan (for whatever reason) and I've yet to see one of you back up your claims with some proof. Heck, if you can make such grandiose claims from behind your computer monitor with such arrogance and bravado, proving you're right should be an easy task...right? :wink:
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Game21x
I said before and I'll say it again, MS is the most desperate company when it comes to games this gen.dream431ca
Oh, why is that? Let me guess...because you believe MS paid them for their support right? :wink:
jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts
Still confuses me. Why support a console dead last in your home fort? Shouldn't they focus more on the Wii? Hell even the PS3. jRPG sales are bad here in the states where MS gets most of their sales.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
I said before and I'll say it again, MS is the most desperate company when it comes to games this gen.dream431ca
How so, please show me some proof as to MS paying people off, or maybe these companies are supporting them because the console actually brings in money:|
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dream431ca
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]Can you show proof that Microsft paid for anything? It is annoying the immaturity sometimes on here how Microsoft pays for anything and everything but Sony is so pure they never have to or would pay for anything. The worst part is the people that spew this never have any proof at all.The_Game21x

I see you and a lot of PS3 fans throwing around the "Microsoft paid them!" excuse every time interest in the Xbox 360 grows in Japan (for whatever reason) and I've yet to see one of you back up your claims with some proof. Heck, if you can make such grandiose claims from behind your computer monitor with such arrogance and bravado, proving you're right should be an easy task...right? :wink:

Ok. Hypothetical situation. Lets say MS did pay developers to make games on the 360 rather than the PS3 and lets say they told everyone. How do you think people will feel about that? You really think MS is just gonna tell that they "bribed" some other company to make a game on their console? What do you think would happen if everyone knew this? Instead of developers making the games they want for the console they want, it's going to turn into "Who has the most money to shell out before I make a choice".

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
Where in that article does it say that SE will help the 360 in Japan? Seems like those are the words from the writer and not Shinji Hashimoto. It really reminds me of the way that other SW poster tried to twist his words to favor the 360.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Game21x
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"] Immaturity? Is your defense against immaturity naivete?dream431ca

Ok. Hypothetical situation. Lets say MS did pay developers to make games on the 360 rather than the PS3 and lets say they told everyone. How do you think people will feel about that? You really think MS is just gonna tell that they "bribed" some other company to make a game on their console? What do you think would happen if everyone knew this? Instead of developers making the games they want for the console they want, it's going to turn into "Who has the most money to shell out before I make a choice".

Alright, I'll see your hypothetical situation and raise you another.

Suppose these same developers saw the Xbox 360's strong monthly sales large install base and industry leading attach rate. Would it be so outlandish to assume that these developers approached Microsoft themselves and asked if they could develop their games on the Xbox 360 so they could get a piece of that action? If developers can approach Sony and Nintendo in the same manner, then why is it that you automatically assume MS has to pay for everything it gets?

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"] I see you and a lot of PS3 fans throwing around the "Microsoft paid them!" excuse every time interest in the Xbox 360 grows in Japan (for whatever reason) and I've yet to see one of you back up your claims with some proof. Heck, if you can make such grandiose claims from behind your computer monitor with such arrogance and bravado, proving you're right should be an easy task...right? :wink:The_Game21x

Suppose these same developers saw the Xbox 360's strong monthly sales large install base and industry leading attach rate. Would it be so outlandish to assume that these developers approached Microsoft themselves and asked if they could develop their games on the Xbox 360 so they could get a piece of that action? If developers can approach Sony and Nintendo in the same manner, then why is it that you automatically assume MS has to pay for everything it gets?

I don't automatically assume anything. But I do agree with your sitation, but here is something you can't deny: MS paid Rockstar 50 MILLION to make exclusive DLC...just for some DLC. 50 MILLION! That is not a small amount of money. If MS paid for just DLC, I can see them paying for lots of other stuff, that's not to say that they are, but it does cast a shadow over them regarding this issue.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 st1ka
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

dream431ca

I don't automatically assume anything. But I do agree with your sitation, but here is something you can't deny: MS paid Rockstar 50 MILLION to make exclusive DLC...just for some DLC. 50 MILLION! That is not a small amount of money. If MS paid for just DLC, I can see them paying for lots of other stuff, that's not to say that they are, but it does cast a shadow over them regarding this issue.

actually it was a loan, they expect to get their money back, DLC was just interest aparantly
jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts
From a business standpoint. This doesn't make any sense at all.
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

Square Enix is no longer the dev they think they are. They are has-beens, past their prime We will soon usher in the new JRPG dev king, LEVEL 5!!!POJO_MOFO

Until they start making games for 360, then they'll be has-beens as well. ;)

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

st1ka

actually it was a loan, they expect to get their money back, DLC was just interest aparantly

Is this just getting worse as we get further into this issue? A loan?? That's one dirty scheme. I wonder why R* accepted a 50 Million loan LOL

Mlauthemighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mlauthemighty
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

MS bribing SE is getting obvious. If they were going with the japanese market, They'd just go with the PS3.

It's been said enough times on SW: Business is business and japanese market + MS = SE bribed if that's to make any sense.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

dream431ca

Is this just getting worse as we get further into this issue? A loan?? That's one dirty scheme. I wonder why R* accepted a 50 Million loan LOL

banks don't ask if you want loans, you ask them to loan their money

in other words rockstar most likely wanted to finance itself and microsoft saw it as a chance to gain an edge

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="st1ka"] actually it was a loan, they expect to get their money back, DLC was just interest aparantlyst1ka

in other words rockstar most likely wanted to finance itself and microsoft saw it as a chance to gain an edge

You have a good imagination st1ka ;)

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

You really think MS is just gonna tell that they "bribed" some other company to make a game on their console? What do you think would happen if everyone knew this?

dream431ca

1) Yes I do

2) Evidently not a damn thing. ;)

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
There's probably money involved but who cares..
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 st1ka

dream431ca

i'm studying accountancy and administration, some of my courses include on how a company should finance itself, it's not imagination, it's logic

EDIT: oh and next time i would prefer if you would refute my arguements rather then stating snide comments

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

st1ka

i'm studying accountancy and administration, some of my courses include on how a company should finance itself, it's not imagination, it's logic

EDIT: oh and next time i would prefer if you would refute my arguements rather then stating snide comments

Well then, I apologise for my sarcasm.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 st1ka

dream431ca

oh yeah i also forgot to mention, what microsoft did is quite common, companys usually have certain offers on other company's for, for example if company A want's to finance itself it could go to the bank, or check what offers it has from other companys (these offers can be put on standby for years) where the end result instead of company A paying interest, it gives a discount to company B, or free storage, or free deliverys, etc.

it's really quite common

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="st1ka"] i'm studying accountancy and administration, some of my courses include on how a company should finance itself, it's not imagination, it's logic

st1ka

oh yeah i also forgot to mention, what microsoft did is quite common, companys usually have certain offers on other company's for, for example if company A want's to finance itself it could go to the bank, or check what offers it has from other companys (these offers can be put on standby for years) where the end result instead of company A paying interest, it gives a discount to company B, or free storage, or free deliverys, etc.

it's really quite common

Good to know.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
I don't automatically assume anything. But I do agree with your sitation, but here is something you can't deny: MS paid Rockstar 50 MILLION to make exclusive DLC...just for some DLC. 50 MILLION! That is not a small amount of money. If MS paid for just DLC, I can see them paying for lots of other stuff, that's not to say that they are, but it does cast a shadow over them regarding this issue. dream431ca
LOANED. Microsoft LOANED Rockstar $50 million. It's called an advance, and it's a practice much older than Microsoft.