TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22895 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-2-fans-upset-after-it-won-nothing-at-the-game-awards-despite-7-nominations

Spiderman 2 released to some quality feedback! It's likely selling well and fans seem content with it... But it's not VGA worthy in 2023... Spiderman was nominated 7 times and lost in each catagory... How does this sit with you?

IGN reports that there was sizable amounts of table salt tossed this way and that all over social media due to the snub.... Spiderman 2 for all its flash was up against some pretty mighty games this year. Gamers were angry Spiderman won nothing...

We all know that fans of games and devices can be mentally fragile when it comes to their favorite games not being recognized in a way they believe it should.... But did the VGAs get it right? Did Spiderman 2 get outclassed in all 7 catagories or was their one you thought it should've won...

Spiderman and Starfield together at the vga's...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Competition was stiff this year. No need for them to get salty. Lol

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

Not like TGA matters in the slightest as it's just and ads show hoever they should be happy SM2 was even got a nomination in year with games like BG3, BOTW2, RE4 etc. and even against the usual brain dead presentation only games it was up against the likes of AW2.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12364 Posts

The game very much deserved to be in all of those categories but, yeah, there were simply better options in each of them.

And no, it's not equivalent to Starfield. Spider-Man 2 is among the best games of the year. Starfield isn't.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheEroica  Moderator

@Nonstop-Madness said:

The game very much deserved to be in all of those categories but, yeah, there were simply better options in each of them.

And no, it's not equivalent to Starfield. Spider-Man 2 is among the best games of the year. Starfield isn't.

Both bridesmaids... But not brides.. 😞

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9893 Posts

To be fair those tweets seem pretty lighthearted 🙂.

In a way a kind of prefer one game to scoop many awards over every game getting a slice of the pie. I mean if Baldur's Gate was the best game it probably was because it was also best in many of the subcategories. I don't like consolation prices.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12364 Posts

@TheEroica:

Starfield was the friend in the second row.

The one you'll only remember because they got invited to the rehearsal dinner.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GirlUSoCrazy  Online
Member since 2015 • 1208 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: I agree

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Just when I thought the Sony fanboys were no where near as pathetic as the Xbox fanboys, I find out millions actually thought Spiderman 2 was going to win.

Accurate as always, I knew SM2 would be a nomination but BG3 would win and sweep the show.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Nintendo and Microsoft just had better games. Sony just had better movies. But this ain’t the movie awards.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44497 Posts

There’s no need for them to be salty at all. I very much enjoyed the game myself as well but it was just such a jam packed year for gaming.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13091 Posts

It wasn’t worthy. We have had like 30 Spider-Man games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58489 Posts

Spider-Man 2 was a very good game released in a year we got many AMAZING games. No reason to be petty about it; Spider-Man 2 simply didn't stand a chance, and we should frankly be happy about that.

Of course, if I did want to be petty, I could make the argument that Sony only succeeds when there are game droughts or competition does poorly...

😋😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator

@Nonstop-Madness said:

@TheEroica:

Starfield was the friend in the second row.

The one you'll only remember because they got invited to the rehearsal dinner.

Both games were nominated at the VGAs. The rest is left to interpretation. No need to make a thing out of it. Two hotly anticipated games that didn't win anything at the VGAs.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44497 Posts

Also some people care WAY too much about these things. You want to know how I feel if my favourite game doesn’t win an award? Well here you go:

“Oh no!

Anyway....”

😎

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Woke dogshit doesn't deserve anything. I am glad it didn't win anything, and too bad that it sold well. I don't want the dev to waste another 4 years developing yet another garbage Spiderman game that nobody will even have in their top 50 titles of this generation.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:

Woke dogshit doesn't deserve anything. I am glad it didn't win anything, and too bad that it sold well. I don't want the dev to waste another 4 years developing yet another garbage Spiderman game that nobody will even have in their top 50 titles of this generation.

Tell us how you really feel... Man, you are one unique Playstation fan...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

I never liked the original, despise anything superhero, and the pandering in spiderman2 is just a cherry on top. There's nothing for me to like in there.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

More evidence of media bias toward MS and against current gen leader SONY.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

I never liked the original, despise anything superhero, and the pandering in spiderman2 is just a cherry on top. There's nothing for me to like in there.

I'm kinda meh on superhero stuff too at this point in life. I never watch the marval movies or care to prioritize it all... I do rather like movie popcorn though. Lol

So then you must be what? A big God of War Playstation fan? Elden ring is truly the goat. So I agree with that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'm kinda meh on superhero stuff too at this point in life. I never watch the marval movies or care to prioritize it all... I do rather like movie popcorn though. Lol

So then you must be what? A big God of War Playstation fan? Elden ring is truly the goat. So I agree with that.

GoW and TLOU i guess. What else do they even have? Playstation hasn't had a proper show with proper announcements in so long, i don't even remember what they're making game wise.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

GoW and TLOU i guess. What else do they even have? Playstation hasn't had a proper show with proper announcements in so long, i don't even remember what they're making game wise.

I loved how and tlou1 as well. Haven't played Ragnarok nor the 2nd last of us. I also don't really know what they're really making at the moment either. Some studios seem like barron wastelands and others working live service garbage. Playstation gaming is where it is because of sp franchises. They should continue riding that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44662 Posts

Maybe if there was a sales award, because 99% of the buzz this game has received post-launch is sales related.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Eshillca thread trying to poo poo on an actual good sony game. Starfield wasn’t nominated for GTOY because it’s a 7/10 game, where SM2 isn’t.

One game is a shitty game, the other one is not. It’s unfortunate your favourite corporation cannot make decent games Eshillca lol

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11700 Posts
Loading Video...

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10648 Posts

To be fair, Spider-Man 2 was/is a great game, but not groundbreaking in any way, shape, or form, and definitely didn’t have the “wow” factor that the prequel brought with it. Also this year had some very heavy hitters and stiff competition, so yeah it’s dry expected for Spider-Man 2 to not win any awards this year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56372 Posts
@randy_lahey said:

Eshillca thread trying to poo poo on an actual good sony game. Starfield wasn’t nominated for GTOY because it’s a 7/10 game, where SM2 isn’t.

One game is a shitty game, the other one is not. It’s unfortunate your favourite corporation cannot make decent games Eshillca lol

You tell'em Randy. At least Forza won something good but Spider-Man 2 didn't win a single damn thing. Oh well🤷‍♂️

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11700 Posts

@davillain: BG3 won best RPG.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@fedor: You saw that🤪

I meant to say Forza lol.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@davillain said:
@randy_lahey said:

You tell'em Randy. At least Forza won something good but Spider-Man 2 didn't win a single damn thing. Oh well🤷‍♂️

Ya forza win a couple consolation prizes because of Phil’s pocketbook. Congrats.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

All jest aside, I will say it's kind of surprising the numbers of Marvel fans aren't even praising Marvel's Spider-Man 2 as they did for the first game & Miles Morales. While I have yet to play Marvel's Spider-Man 2, there were just too many games that came out this year, and not every single good game didn't get an award. I'm still burned Hogwarts Legacy just didn't make it to the VGA 2023.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16594 Posts

Cows are rekkd haha. It's like sp says all the time, you can't play sales.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#34  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Yeah, the Spider-Man subreddit was in flames over this. Even the TOTK sub mostly took it in good grace. Of all the people who would be the saltiest at BG3 beating their game, I never thought it would be the Spider-Man fans.

Certainly wasn't on my bingo card, that's for sure.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6654 Posts

The reason it didn't win anything is because of that Sony tax 😜

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@randy_lahey said:

I'm sorry the recent video game awards netted your corporate friends nothing Randy. 😢 All pop and no fizzle out of Sonyland this year. I'm rooting for them to get back on track after their sub-par 2023.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator
@davillain said:

All jest aside, I will say it's kind of surprising the numbers of Marvel fans aren't even praising Marvel's Spider-Man 2 as they did for the first game & Miles Morales. While I have yet to play Marvel's Spider-Man 2, there were just too many games that came out this year, and not every single good game didn't get an award. I'm still burned Hogwarts Legacy just didn't make it to the VGA 2023.

Did hogwarts get nominated for anything? I've heard great things about it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@davillain said:

Its not that surprising. These games are extremely repetitive. Environment looks the same, combat is the same, characters are mostly the same. Its like playing dlc's to spiderman 2017. And if they release the third game in a few years, it will be even more forgattble. Because of how repetitive these games are, they need to release em once per generation, only then will the hype build enough to leave a mark uppon release.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1390 Posts

Piss soaked spiderman pyjamas.....Glorious!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:

Its not that surprising. These games are extremely repetitive. Environment looks the same, combat is the same, characters are mostly the same. Its like playing dlc's to spiderman 2017. And if they release the third game in a few years, it will be even more forgattble. Because of how repetitive these games are, they need to release em once per generation, only then will the hype build enough to leave a mark uppon release.

What you are describing is diminishing returns... And it is absolutely at play with every sequel, every new 3rd person, first person etc etc etc.... People think games need more power and better graphics when in fact games need new ideas, perspectives and adventures.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#41 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59296 Posts

Never thought actually see a PC game win the Dorito ads.

Good for armor man.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#42 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

The game was 6/7 out of 10 for me at best. The first SM was much better.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2060 Posts

Atleast it was nominated. But come on guys Spiderman 2 was competing with giants at TGA. There's a lot of good games this year that didn't make it.

Jedi Survivor

FF16

Hogwarts Legacy

Dead Space

Sea of Stars

Street Fighter 6

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3493 Posts

Insomniac is the most competent developer in the business. But just that, they don't make bad games but they don't make great games neither.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@TheEroica said:

Hogwarts Legacy wasn't invited to the VGA 2023 at all. It was completely absent from the show.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheEroica  Moderator

@davillain said:
@TheEroica said:

Hogwarts Legacy wasn't invited to the VGA 2023 at all. It was completely absent from the show.

Wow... I feel like any other year it would've been nominated, possibly in several catagories.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:

What you are describing is diminishing returns... And it is absolutely at play with every sequel, every new 3rd person, first person etc etc etc.... People think games need more power and better graphics when in fact games need new ideas, perspectives and adventures.

Yea, you can say that, but i'd say its worse. Dark Souls for example. The first one was massive, the second wasn't the favorite of many, so it doesn't really count, but by the third game, you did hear many saying that they're kinda tired of Dark Souls as a series. And while you can be less excited for a third or forth game in the series, they were still delivering top notch and memorable environment, enemies design, boss battles, awesome atmosphere and a ton of different builds that makes so the combat system is never getting old. You're missing on all of it in Spiderman, PLUS you have the diminishing returns. The again, this happens very often with simpleton games with no depth whatsoever.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#48 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70290 Posts

@davillain said:
@randy_lahey said:

Savage.😂 This thread is so clear in its intention and these goons fall for it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14823 Posts

Spider-man 2 was annoying. Story was ok, Kraven is cool and so is Venom. But it’s movie shit. Combat is meh, and the wokeness was a little much.

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 268 Posts

Good. Racist games shouldn't be awarded.