SotC vs FFXII

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

Before people take out their pitch forks and torches, hear me out. Im not here to say one game is better than the other, I'm just asking for some help in deciding what to do. Yesterday I bought SotC 2nd hand and when I got home,I was amped for this game after all the great stuff I heard from people about the game (I've only played it for 1 hour before and it was great). So i put the game into my PS2 and the game wouldnt work...i was distraught! I went back to the store and they said, oh sorry, we dont have another copy...and I went all around the mall to all the game stores and for some reason SotC is not being sold in australia anymore. So i was about to get my money back until I spotted FFXII from the corner of my eye.

So I traded in SotC for FFXII. The woman at the store was really nice (or as I tell myself, she was into me :D ) so she said that if I want she could resurface the disk for me and bring it in tomorrow for me. So now I have a dilemma. What should I do...stay with FFXII or go the SotC route? So it comes down to this, Which game is the better value, SotC or FFXII...i'll eventually get both, but i mean for right now (whilst I wait for my pre-order of GoWII)...

Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
You'll play FFXII for a lot longer than you will SotC, stick with FFXII.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
If your looking for something rewarding then sotc, if your looking for a long game to play then ffxii. I personally favor sotc over ffxii anyday of the week but bear in mind that resurfacing doesn't always work.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

That is a dilemma. My advice: Since you're waiting for GOW (freakin comes out in May over here in Australia) I'd stick with FFXII since it will last you the rest of the month. It's about a 75 hour game I found and it's really enjoyable.

I gotta say though, don't miss out on SOTC. It's awesome despite being a bit short. 

Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts
If you want a long game, then FFXII, especially if you do all the side quests. I'm currently 100 hours into the game, and I haven't finished it yet.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

That is a dilemma. My advice: Since you're waiting for GOW (freakin comes out in May over here in Australia) I'd stick with FFXII since it will last you the rest of the month. It's about a 75 hour game I found and it's really enjoyable.

I gotta say though, don't miss out on SOTC. It's awesome despite being a bit short. 

the-very-best

dude, the guy at EB games told me GoW2 comes out April 26.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

dude, the guy at EB games told me GoW2 comes out April 26.

Viviath

Serious? Gamespot has it listed as May 3 while Europe gets it April 27. Weird. Â