sony's ps3 downfall. its long but has good facts to prove it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 virtuas
Member since 2007 • 1312 Posts
4months since its release and we find out that PS3 DOES NOT, I REPEAT DOES NOT cure CANCER. SONY FTL
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
neither can the other systems or anything to this day can't cure cancer either
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

smoking cures cancer

the catch is, you have to die to get rid of cancer

doffythebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 doffythebest
Member since 2004 • 802 Posts
Sony was only putting that c**p in it for us to say "awwwww". We've got researchers to help cure cancer, and if we should put any scanner in a device, why not the tv? Instead of the worst selling console right now.
Avatar image for super_biohazard
super_biohazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 super_biohazard
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts
I agree that consoles can have great features, but I think having a console that can cure cancer is a bit too out there. Sony, if you wish to do this, change to a medical research company, and quit gaming.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
4months since its release and we find out that PS3 DOES NOT, I REPEAT DOES NOT cure CANCER. SONY FTLvirtuas
Well it's a good thing I don't use it for chemotherapy then. Perhaps you could use Alemtuzumab as a console? It cures cancer.
jim1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 jim1029
Member since 2005 • 1048 Posts
Can somebody clear up this "PS3 curing cancer" thing for me? I have no idea what they mean.
Avatar image for super_biohazard
super_biohazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 super_biohazard
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts

Can somebody clear up this "PS3 curing cancer" thing for me? I have no idea what they mean. jim1029

Aparently, there was going to be something in a PS3 that would help cure cancer or something.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

[QUOTE="jim1029"]Can somebody clear up this "PS3 curing cancer" thing for me? I have no idea what they mean. super_biohazard

Aparently, there was going to be something in a PS3 that would help cure cancer or something.

I see you don't own a PS3. Folding@home is a program created by Stanford University that runs on the PS3. The program is aimed at curing cancer. Eating components within the PS3 will not only NOT cure cancer, but will probably give you stomach mucosal lacerations.
Reaver197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Reaver197
Member since 2005 • 635 Posts

Folding@Home is not a program that searches for cures to cancer. Rather, it is a program that puts different stresses and situations on proteins, and then computates how they will fold in that environment. Basically, they're trying to find what conditions can cause proteins to fold wrong leading to diseases (like Alzheimer's or Huntington's) or cancer. The data it collects could probably used for other fields, but the medical aspect is the primary focus of it.

By the way, what does this have to do with the topic title? The PS3's inclusion of folding@home could prove to be extremely valuable. Dislike the console, but don't try to spin F@H as if it's a negative aspect.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
jumping to conclusions so early in the consoles a life.. I can't wait till the day of ownage finally arrives.