Sony winning sales and library this gen; stealing glory from PC?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45293 Posts

It's been a while since we've had a console as impressive as the PS4 since the PS2. Which is even harder to do now, since a lot of games have gone multiplat. The Wii won the sales war last gen, but library was dismal. I think if the PS4 keeps at it, it can even take the mantel from PC for a while. Sony still has the edge with Japanese support, amazing first party, and also more active support in the indie arena. Heck, it may even take the VR crown for all we know. The console will also most likely be $299 by the end of this year, which is killer. What are your thoughts on this, SW? Are we back to PS2 dominance?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

While the PS4 definitely has the best library of the home consoles by any objective measure, by no metric is its library even a fraction of the PC's.

So the answer to your question is, no.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

It's been a while since we've had a console as impressive as the PS4 since the PS2.

The 360 and PS3 were factually superior to the PS4 for their time.

Quit trolling.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

As usual... Xbox Won. :P

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

TC is delusional as always

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

You guys measure success from hardware sales that is not true but even if it were no console can compete with PC gaming worldwide

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Another 10/10 thread from OP

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

As a PC gamer who got both a PS2 and a PS3 I can tell you that the PS4 isn't even remotely enticing right now. It has one game I want to play (Bloodborne) and a couple of games that I think I'd enjoy (Uncharted, Infamous). 3-4 games aren't enough to make an investment in a console. PS2 by comparison had dozens of interesting exclusives. PS3 has fewer but still a lot. PS4 may be an interesting proposition some years down the road but for now I'll just stick to PC or pick up an NX if it's backwards compatible since I never owned a Wii or Wii U and I'd like to play some of their exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Stick a fork in all of the PS4's competition, they're done.

PS4 is coming out with the NEO to beat up Midrange PC's and steam machines at an affordable price.

Sony just brought out a 10/10 exclusive Uncharted 4 the game looks better than any XB1 game.

They also put out Ratchet and Clank that looks better than all mario games on WiiU.

I don't understand how one company can dominate as much as Sony has been doing lately. Sony is going beastmode this generation.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

While the PS4 definitely has the best library of the home consoles by any objective measure, by no metric is its library even a fraction of the PC's.

Man with the awesomeness of U4 being a 10/10, this guy is back in the PS2 days it seems. I remember all this talk about PS2 being the best library and killing PC back then. But at least that console had the enormous amount of extremely high regarded exclusives. This is number 2 TC. At this rate you wont get your head through a door way

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

PS4 has 300 games, PC has 6 million games.

Try again

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#12 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

PS4 isnt even close to the PS2 and PS3 in terms of greatness. It just barely got its second 90+ exclusive

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

PS4 has 300 games, PC has 6 million games.

Try again

I'd love to see that list.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@cainetao11 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Man with the awesomeness of U4 being a 10/10, this guy is back in the PS2 days it seems. I remember all this talk about PS2 being the best library and killing PC back then. But at least that console had the enormous amount of extremely high regarded exclusives. This is number 2 TC. At this rate you wont get your head through a door way

Well, I wanna say number 3, because Ratchet and Clank, but yeah. Two and a half years into its life, the PS2 had Final Fantasy X, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, SOCOM, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Devil May Cry, Armored Core, Zone of the Enders, Dark Cloud, Onimusha, Twisted Metal Black, Tekken 4, Wild Arms 3, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Dark Cloud 2, War of the Monsters, Zone of the Enders 2, Ape Escape 2, Jak II, Sly Cooper... and this is just the exclusives!

Like, if anyone actually believes the PS4 is even a fraction of what the PS2 was, then they're either very young, or trolling.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

The PS4 only has 2 interesting exclusives.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#16 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

PS4 is clear winner in Console war this gen and has better library than other Consoles but PC still has more exclusives and more genres. Consoles don't get enough exclusives anymore, unlike glorious PS2 era. PC gets more great games in 3 months than Consoles get in 3 years, and I am not talking about artsy fartsy games or Mobas. I've no interest in them.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

As a PC gamer I much prefer the PS4 selection.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cainetao11

@charizard1605 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Well, I wanna say number 3, because Ratchet and Clank, but yeah. Two and a half years into its life, the PS2 had Final Fantasy X, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, SOCOM, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Devil May Cry, Armored Core, Zone of the Enders, Dark Cloud, Onimusha, Twisted Metal Black, Tekken 4, Wild Arms 3, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Dark Cloud 2, War of the Monsters, Zone of the Enders 2, Ape Escape 2, Jak II, Sly Cooper... and this is just the exclusives!

Like, if anyone actually believes the PS4 is even a fraction of what the PS2 was, then they're either very young, or trolling.

I hear ya. R&C has been received well. Never have been my cup of tea. But the game has an 86 on meta. I think thats a great score. But there are games on other platforms that hit that range and aren't considered evidence of a great library, you know?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@cainetao11 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@charizard1605 said:

I hear ya. R&C has been received well. Never have been my cup of tea. But the game has an 86 on meta. I think thats a great score. But there are games on other platforms that hit that range and aren't considered evidence of a great library, you know?

Ha, that just comes down to nonsensical platform fanboyism, you and I both know that. At the end of the day, that does not matter.

I'm surprised RnC is only 86, for some reason I remembered it being 88- maybe from when there were fewer reviews, I guess.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Well I will say that PS4 has already surpassed PS3 in terms of exclusives/half exclusives.

PS3 didn't really have anything on the level of Street Fighter V or Bloodborne.

Then again, I thought PS3's exclusive library was pretty dismal overall.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cainetao11

@charizard1605: Know it all too well, my friend. You going to be up for joining Freedomfreak, getyeryayas and I in U4 MP?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605: Know it all too well, my friend. You going to be up for joining Freedomfreak, getyeryayas and I in U4 MP?

Definitely! I'll need to resub to PS+ though haha

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cainetao11

@charizard1605 said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL me too! I wasn't going to as I really don't MP on PSN and the "free" games are junk I don't spend my gaming time on. But I'm going to at least do a month for this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@cainetao11 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL me too! I wasn't going to as I really don't MP on PSN and the "free" games are junk I don't spend my gaming time on. But I'm going to at least do a month for this.

Yep, PS+ lost my sub in Feb this year, but I supposeI can forgive them now haha.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@unrealgunner: PC shouldn't be compared to consoles. It's a different machine entirely. We don't compare trucks to cars. Yet here people compare PC to console. I will never understand this behavior, other than PC fans need to feel the need to compete. PC is in a category of it's own. Consoles are in a category of their own. Handhelds are in a category of their own. I always get the response that PC and consoles share many of the same games. Well trucks and cars share the same roads too. LoL!

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

You'd have to know very little about what the PC offers to come to that conclusion, and lol comparing the ps4 to the ps2.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@unrealgunner: PC shouldn't be compared to consoles. It's a different machine entirely. We don't compare trucks to cars. Yet here people compare PC to console. I will never understand this behavior, other than PC fans need to feel the need to compete. PC is in a category of it's own. Consoles are in a category of their own. Handhelds are in a category of their own. I always get the response that PC and consoles share many of the same games. Well trucks and cars share the same roads too. LoL!

No such thing as PC fans a PC = Personal Computer. I think you mean PC gamers. PC gamers don't need to compare to console I mean I look what the console has to over it is just a drop in the ocean compared to PC not to mention the PC is even cheaper and allows us to do so much more than consoles

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Yep, PS+ lost my sub in Feb this year, but I supposeI can forgive them now haha.

Forever alone

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

PC hasn't done shit this gen. Their only decent exclusive is some 8 bit indie title and Star Shitizen is shaping up to be the biggest Ponzi scheme in video game history. Only reason to own a gaming PC this gen is to play uprezzed Xbone ports or if you're a League of Legends addict. People stay jocking the PC because they're afraid of getting harassed by an angry mob of Neckbeards; but every one knows the truth. PC is for free to play trash and not worth the time money and stigma that's associated with it.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

PC hasn't done shit this gen. Their only decent exclusive is some 8 bit indie title and Star Shitizen is shaping up to be the biggest Ponzi scheme in video game history. Only reason to own a gaming PC this gen is to play uprezzed Xbone ports or if you're a League of Legends addict. People stay jocking the PC because they're afraid of getting harassed by an angry mob of Neckbeards; but every one knows the truth. PC is for free to play trash and not worth the time money and stigma that's associated with it.

do me a favour and go back to your cave

DarkrecoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DarkrecoN
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

Just no

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

The fact that PS4 is dominating other consoles in sales doesn't change the fact that in terms of quantity and quality of games, the PC dwarfs it. Not to mention the fact that you get much better graphics on PC, mods etc etc, blablabla and so on. But you already know all this.

Seriously though, I'm happy for redneck gamers that they can get their fix with that little plastic box.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Total War Warhammer craps on all PS4 exclusives so far :P PS4 is very lucky that Dawn of War 3 is being released only next year otherwise it would be a killing blow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Stick a fork in all of the PS4's competition, they're done.

PS4 is coming out with the NEO to beat up Midrange PC's and steam machines at an affordable price.

Sony just brought out a 10/10 exclusive Uncharted 4 the game looks better than any XB1 game.

They also put out Ratchet and Clank that looks better than all mario games on WiiU.

I don't understand how one company can dominate as much as Sony has been doing lately. Sony is going beastmode this generation.

oh yea im sure NEO will kill midranged PCs ... I mean.... you will get to play UC4 in slightly higher framerate and resolution! amazing....

I mean there are totally not a million and 1 pc games that don't even work on a controller...

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts
Loading Video...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

There is no definitely about the library, it's completely subjective no matter how hard char tries to convince you other wise.

Sales wise, no contest but that's about it. Everything else is a matter of opinion but you cows(and char) continue to act as if your opinions are fact. We'll just sit back and laugh as usual.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Sony consoles ALWAYS end up producing the greatest must have games of the generation that are only available on their systems.

Only ignorant non-gaming goofs bet against PlayStation systems, its the go to system for games for gamers.

People who frequent places like system wars and actually chose xbox one over PlayStation 4 are lost causes.

Those people are gluttons for punishment and destined for buyers remorse because they know PlayStation always deliver on the best game experiences not available anywhere else every generation and they bet against it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cainetao11

@Heil68: LOL sorry dude. + just isn't worth my money since I don't MP on it

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

well PS4 is stealing no thunder from PC, but it does have a solid library of games.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

This is true.....PS4 have dominate and no one can deny this.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@charizard1605: The X1s library is better than PS4s. Once again you're wrong. I love how you try to pass your opinion as fact though. PS4 is mediocre at best.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

@casharmy said:

Sony consoles ALWAYS end up producing the greatest must have games of the generation that are only available on their systems.

Only ignorant non-gaming goofs bet against PlayStation systems, its the go to system for games for gamers.

People who frequent places like system wars and actually chose xbox one over PlayStation 4 are lost causes.

Those people are gluttons for punishment and destined for buyers remorse because they know PlayStation always deliver on the best game experiences not available anywhere else every generation and they bet against it.

Trying really hard to accept the fact that you bought a system that is going to be obsolete in months and abandon by Sony. Sony is so awesome.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@charizard1605: The X1s library is better than PS4s. Once again you're wrong. I love how you try to pass your opinion as fact though. PS4 is mediocre at best.

How you try to pass your opinion as fact.....when the fact is that PS4 is the best console and it have the best library of games of this gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

@AtariKidX said:
@primorandomguy said:

How you try to pass your opinion as fact.....when the fact is PS4 is the best console and it have the best library of games of this gen.

Oh no. Someone doesn't understand the meaning of the word fact. Now thats scary.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zergforlife
Member since 2016 • 467 Posts

@milannoir said:

The fact that PS4 is dominating other consoles in sales doesn't change the fact that in terms of quantity and quality of games, the PC dwarfs it. Not to mention the fact that you get much better graphics on PC, mods etc etc, blablabla and so on. But you already know all this.

Seriously though, I'm happy for redneck gamers that they can get their fix with that little plastic box.

Yup. Numerically speaking (averages), PS4's sales and library are still far behind for that to happen. I mean very far behind.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Pedro: I guess you forgot to read the part that EVERY game works on both consoles.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@milannoir: According to several reviews UC4 is the best looking game PERIOD! Even mentioning PC. That's pretty impressive for a pre-built box.

And how you linked the PS4 to rednecks... that doesn't make much sense.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Better than the other consoles? undoubtedly. Better than PC? Not even close. The only people that'll agree with you are trolls and hard core PlayStation fanboys who would agree to anything positive about PS4 and think most of the negatives are good things as well.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Yeah, tallest midget award for sure, it's the console to have this gen if you're only gaming on one platform.

But I play more games on my PC every month than I've played on my PS4 since March 2014 lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#50 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Yes, because nobody on pc mods. Nobody plays games not only "uprezzing" games, at higher frame rates and better graphics. Nobody likes being able to upgrade and improve their pc with new gpus, cpus and hard drives. I'm not dumping on consoles, but to pretend pc is nothing? pfffft, especially so, considering you have freaking Gabe Newell as your avatar..........