Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

@heretrix said:

Yeah, why buy game exclusivity when you can just buy a developer outright....

Right?

A lot of Sony's internal studios are made up from developers they bought when they launched the original Playstation. So they need to get off their high horse.

From reading the article and seeing it all in context, he was just answering a question about their stance on securing triple A exclusives, and the interviewer mentioned the MS TR deal. He even acknowledges the studios Sony have acquired in the past as a key part of answering the question, which wasn't answered in any arrogant or smug way.

It was quite impressive to hear the number of PS4 exclusives, whether that's timed or not, the majority of which were smaller indie titles. Obviously one of the big stories this week was the announcement from your competitor regarding Rise Of The Tomb Raider. What's Sony's stance on securing triple-A exclusives going forward?

"Well, you know, we've got a very large and very powerful network of studios on our own, all of whom are working on games that will be fully exclusive to PlayStation, and we feel that this on top of partnering with third parties where it makes sense. I think the partnership we have with Activision on Destiny is a good example of where it makes really good sense for them, it makes good sense for us and it benefits our consumers - when you complement those two things we think that gives us a pretty complete position in the market.

So do we feel the need to go out and buy outright exclusivity? Probably not. You saw last night [at Sony's press conference] that before the media briefing we showed updated videos of games that we had revealed at E3. That's because we wanted to keep the show itself full of new, fresh things. We think that gave us a good, strong, convincing portfolio of exclusive stuff and we're happy with that."

Hell, he didn't even straight up say "No! We don't need to do that", but "Probably not". Ooooh, shots fired! lol

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

This isn't really news. BTW, who cares if MS buys exclusives or if Sony doesn't! Why should it matter as long as your favorite console gets the games that you want to play. If MS wants to spend millions to attain a particular games rights then let them. Why does it matter to the gamers?

People who doesn't own a M$ console care.

But the PS4 has all of the best in house devs, the best first party exclusives and the most powerful console ever created! Why would Sony fanboys care so much about Tomb Raider. Oh I know, because money talks and bullshit walks!! MS and its XBOX ONE aren't going to just wilt up and die like you all want them to. They will remain extremely relevant this generation and will buy up whatever game franchises it takes to do so!!!

Tell me, what are you all going to do if MS snaps up Respawn, Sledge Hammer, Treyarch or IW? Imagine MS snapping up Capcom or striking a deal with Ubisoft for Rainbow Six Seige, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell or The Divison. Don't think it can happen??

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

all the butthurt from TC misquoting the actual interview. priceless.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#154 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@Blabadon: The only problem here is the difference in cultures. Sony comes out and tells it like it is. The first rule in sales is to be confident in your product. Wishing the other guy luck and trying to act like a brother to the competition is just weakness. At the very least Sony is mostly up front(yes there have been lies).

Now let's look at Microsoft. Every single word that comes out of their mouths is a lie or a half truth. They don't slam the competition as much but they certainly aren't even remotely open with the consumer.

If you all really hate this recent trend of advertising games as exclusive that aren't and bullshit PR talk to make things seem exclusive when that isn't the case, you have only Microsoft to blame. Hell, they STILL advertise call of duty as an exclusive game or at the very least leave you with the impression that you cannot play it on any other console. Microsoft may not blatantly outright attack the competition but they certainly mislead the consumer, lie to everyone and are just all around assholes. I have absolutely no respect for a company like that. At least you can respect Sony for just coming out and saying it is what it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#155  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Poor Macro$hit, as if pretending that their little TIMED exclusive was permanent didn't make them look stupid enough...

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@NoodleFighter said:

Wow sony is trying to damage control the fact they too are desperately getting games as console exclusives

FFS this is what most of gamescom was, who picked up the most developers for timed/console exclusives.

@gamersjustgame said:

@dommeus: they do buy exclusives though lol.

Read what was actually said...it was quoted in this thread. Then feel ashamed....very very ashamed.

Both are guilty of buying exclusive games jackass. Called research.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: So you're asking what will happen if Microsoft buys studios that are already owned by other studios? Are you that dense that you would suggest such stupid things?

Besides that. After the flop that was Titanfall I doubt any publisher is in any rush to buy Respawn.

which_wich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 which_wich
Member since 2014 • 189 Posts

You guys are all acting as if this is news. As if what they're saying isn't true...

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Why would they? Sony has the most and most highly talented first party devs.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Sony are like their fans.... Aholes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@gamersjustgame said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@NoodleFighter said:

Wow sony is trying to damage control the fact they too are desperately getting games as console exclusives

FFS this is what most of gamescom was, who picked up the most developers for timed/console exclusives.

@gamersjustgame said:

@dommeus: they do buy exclusives though lol.

Read what was actually said...it was quoted in this thread. Then feel ashamed....very very ashamed.

Both are guilty of buying exclusive games jackass. Called research.

Ah no the jackass is the person that didn't bother to read what Sony actually said and why. Hint: That would be you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#162 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Blabadon said:

If I took a shot for every "First on PlayStation," "First to console on PS4," "First on PS4 and Vita," or "Exclusive PlayStation content" I heard from Sony I'd die like five times over.

That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Sony are assholes in PR, yes, but first that led to E3 2013 so god bless them and second, they're taking advantage of the rabid fanbase that is gnawing at Microsoft for making TR whatever type of exclusive it is.

MS isn't?

Less so.

Like let's be honest, one company wishes the other good luck on their new console, the other boasts about "true next gen" games and all on their Facebook page. One rips the heart out of the other at E3 2013 (JACK TRETTON THE GOAT), the other doesn't really bother to attack the other.

All company PR has multiple shades of personality, just that Sony likes acting like the big bully in the console space where they've rightfully become the big bully for three out of the four generations they've participated in.

To be honest though all the "good will" coming from Phil Spencer comments just sounds like false modesty for taking a asswhoop ever since the start of the current gen. Sony was also more "modest" when the PS3 was in trouble last gen. MS was arrogant before the start of this gen and now is doing anything to save its image within the gaming community. I dont buy all the "good intentions" coming from MS, especially Phil Spencer. Look at the "everyone says the XOne has the better exclusives" bs coming from MS PR. All the positive comments coming from MS is just false modesty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#163 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Umm dreamfall is coming out on pc/wiiu/ps4. so how did the steal it?

The devs said themselves a Wii U version isn't happening and said that if they make something on Wii U, they'd have something different than Dreamfall (oh gee, where the hell have I heard that before?).

Wow thats just BS.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
@darkspineslayer said:

all the butthurt from TC misquoting the actual interview. priceless.

Hahaha...woops.

In my defense, it was the actual title of the article (which was in quotation marks). It says it in the very address I posted.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#165 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Sony have actually killed most of their most talented studios, like Psygnosis which were to PS1 what Naughty Dog was to PS3.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Who's a bigger asshole? The guy admitting they don't buy exclusives or the guy who closed Ensemble, let go of Bungie and then relegated RARE to be a Kinect dev?

Riddle me this, riddle me that.

RARE where done before MS even bought them out, there best talent had already left to become Free radical, now known as Crytek UK, Bungie decided themselves to Part company with MS because they didn't like the fact that MS only wanted them to make Halo , they didn't 'let them go' i agree with you about ensemble though, stupid move on MS part.

Ironically theres a rumour that Bungies split from MS had a lot to do with the Nintendo DS, Bungie had made a Halo game for it But MS refused to allow them to release it as they where worried about giving Nintendo Ammunition.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Sony have actually killed most of their most talented studios, like Psygnosis which were to PS1 what Naughty Dog was to PS3.

Uh Psygnosis ain't dead...They just changed name to SCE Studio Liverpool, lol.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

And do you realize SCE Studio Liverpool was closed 2 years ago? :)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Sollet said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Haven't they closed Studio Liverpool?

-

On topic, I think we're starting to see some of that Sony arrogance subtly come out now. First they're attacking the new EA service, now this.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Sollet said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Haven't they closed Studio Liverpool?

-

On topic, I think we're starting to see some of that Sony arrogance subtly come out now. First they're attacking the new EA service, now this.

Hm, I think so now that you mention it.

Did some research and it seems this happened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firesprite

arcSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 1

#171 arcSE7EN
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

@dommeus:

@dommeus said:

SHOTS FIRED.

Typical Sony suits being pricks.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/474307/interviews/sonys-jim-ryan-interview-we-dont-need-to-buy-exclusivity/

Interview is long and boring and I ain't gonna paste it here.

Even though MS get a lot of shit for the choices they make in the industry (and rightly so), it's hard to look past Sony as being the most vocal assholes of the 'big three'.

Agreed? Good.

Why should they buy exclusivity. Sony has the upper hand in all of this. If SquareEnix is smart, they should know that the PS4 has 10 million user now and that's where the money is. Besides Uncharted is so much better in so many levels compared to TR. But still when the game comes to the PS4, I will play it no questions asked.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Lot of people here did'nt actually read the interview. there's nothing arrogant about it.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#173 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Cows being blind again. Nothing to see here.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 LJS9502_basic

@speedfog said:

Cows being blind again. Nothing to see here.

LOL someone didn't read the article but thinks they no what's up......

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sony: "We don't need to buy exclusivity, we gain enough by feeding these dumb asses lies and false hype."

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LJS9502_basic

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony: "We don't need to buy exclusivity, we gain enough by feeding these dumb asses lies and false hype."

Man the butt hurt runs deep within you......do you work for MS or something? Because if not....your post make no sense.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@dommeus said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

LOL the butt hurt. They don't. Why can't they be proud of that? Just like MS is proud to the the OS for PCs.

They could be humble about it. Look at the damage the RotTR announcement did to MS and Crystal Dynamics. Sony didn't have to weigh in.

But they did.

Obviously.

Cos their PR team are pricks.

Microsoft might be a worse company (and they get enough flak for that around here anyway), but Sony's PR team are just fucking douchebags

Wait, so Sony's PR team are "fucking douchbags" Just for calling MS out on shortcuting exclusive tactics?

No, let me show you what "fucking douchebag PR" looks like...

Xbox Chief: If You Can't Get Online, Don't Buy an Xbox One

"Microsoft makes it clear that its new console has no home with folks with unreliable connections"

Some of the advantages that you get, of having, a box that is designed to use an online state, so, that, uh, to me is the future-proof choice, and I think people, could've arguably gone the other way if we didn't do it and fortunately

we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360.

[I]f you have zero [or unreliable] access to the internet, that is an offline device, I mean, seriously, when I read the blogs, and thought about who's really the most impacted, there was a person who said 'hey, I'm on a nuclear sub,' and I don't even know what it means to be on a nuclear sub but I've gotta imagine it's not easy to get an internet connection.

But lest you think he's unsympathetic he comments, "Hey, I can empathize, if I was on a nuclear sub, I'd be disappointed."

http://www.dailytech.com/Xbox+Chief+If+You+Cant+Get+Online+Dont+Buy+an+Xbox+One/article31750.htm

This is why you xbox fanboys are looked at as clowns and idiots. Sony is humble to all the gamers around the world who love great games and support their platform because they make them. When MS was given the chance to show what they would do with just a little market security they SPIT in gamers face.

Sony is not humble when it come to being a better game company than it's competitors who are lazy about making exclusive games and live off short cuts and bribes to get by.

MS is not humble to any of it's fans or customers who support them when it comes to dropping them or saying they don't matter anymore.

Take your pick, both are arrogant but I'd rather side with the company who's not humble about trying to be the best game producer than the one who is not humble about treating it's fans like shit.

ShutUpFanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ShutUpFanboys
Member since 2013 • 61 Posts

wow, remember the days when having Exclusives was what made your console better than the others? No, well then you were not in SW back in 2002. That was all this place ever cared about.

Sony hypocrisy at its finest. Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City were EXCLUSIVE to the PS2 and kept off XBOX and PC for a while as a result. And what happened? The PS2 was a monster because of GTA and the EXCLUSIVE deal that Sony signed with Rockstar.

oh how we all forget.