lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44654 Posts

#%$&'ing disgraceful!! Not one iota of shame in their re-releasing of old games and making their fans double dip. Granted I loved this game but my gosh talk about something that doesn't need it. Of course it'd be great if Sony ever jumped on that whole free upgrade bandwagon like Microsoft has done. I think they just use the $10 upgrade for cover because Sony's fanbase has taken such a cavalier attitude against digitally owning/licensing anything in their war against Game Pass that we know darn well they'll be double dipping on this.

And if you wanna play this on both console and PC yup gotta double dip, you gotta pay for upgrade and more entitlements, they've still no Smart Delivery or Play Anywhere features and they don't appear to want to because fanboys give them a lifetime free pass to walk all over them. And perhaps it's not entire by choice, Sony is so behind any UWP-like infrastructure I don't think they'll be done catching up to what MS offers currently before the end of 10th gen even if they tried starting now and gave it 110% of their effort.

Perhaps they don't get blowback because Sony fanboys still don't seem to know what Smart Delivery and Play Anywhere actually mean. That has to be it. Otherwise they'd be livid at this latest exercise of creative bankruptcy. I'm taking this extra personal though because I bet this explains why the 2nd season of The Dark Pictures Anthology was delayed by an extra year, and if this is why, that's bullshit.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6620 Posts

@lamprey263: Well Sony be like this at the moment

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6186 Posts

Yay more remasters

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 918 Posts

Just wacky. Gaming is dying.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17454 Posts

I've been trying to tell people that this would happen. They put a lot of their energy behind live service and need to fill gaps while they cook.

On top of that, fanboy make excuses for them rather than rightfully pushing back so they'll just keep doing it.

Every remaster or re-release keeps getting included on "PS5 releases" lists so they'll get a free pass

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lamprey263

@templecow90999 said:

Just wacky. Gaming is dying.

That's such a myopic projection. Gaming is alive and thriving outside the Sony bubble. People in that bubble refuse to see that.

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70228 Posts

This is strange. I was told by Sony fannies that no one cared about old games.🤭

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

The hardware increases have been so small, it's hardly noticeable.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Who even buys these, and why aren't they releasing a remake of the TLOU2 remaster instead?

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

They're not making me double dip in anything. I never played the video game and a PS5 version doesn't interest me. I also don't know how anyone is forced to buy this video game. I'm hoping they do more PS1 and PS2 era remakes.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1180 Posts

People love making drama, don't want it don't buy it.

They're probably updating games as they start making them available for PC. If they have to go back into the code and make them available for a new audience then it probably makes sense to tweak it up too.

Do Bloodborne.

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

RemasterStation 5

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lamprey263

I think it's official, the PS5 is a placeholder console until 10th gen... or they tap out and cry uncle.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16590 Posts

Sony used to believe in generations, until they found out people will pay $10 upgrade fee for the developers to increase the sliders here and there.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46556 Posts

I heard Naughty Dog is busy remastering the TLOU 2 remaster because it already came out over 4 days ago. That game is considered ancient by now. They want to bring this new remaster to a more modern audience.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pedro

@R4gn4r0k said:

I heard Naughty Dog is busy remastering the TLOU 2 remaster because it already came out over 4 days ago. That game is considered ancient by now. They want to bring this new remaster to a more modern audience.

About time.😂

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46556 Posts

@Pedro said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

About time.😂

I'm sorry but last weeks audience is just not modern enough for Naughty Dog, not at all what they were trying to aim for. Throw it in the bin and start over.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lamprey263

@hardwenzen: "Who even buys these, and why aren't they releasing a remake of the TLOU2 remaster instead?"

Maybe because it's more profitable for them to release the remake after the remaster. And they get no pushback doing this so I think that's highly possible.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lamprey263

The state of the "we believe in generation" rubes ATM:

Loading Video...

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts

That's what happens when you rely on games heavily focused on stories, cinematics, voice acting, graphics, etc... for IPs that already have several games released for them (Uncharted, LoU, GoW, Horizon). And now you are focusing on Live Service games ..

At some point you will hit a wall .. You cannot keep releasing new sequels cause the story limits you, and also game development costs are sky high ..

Sony are falling of grace ..

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Last_Lap  Online

@girlusocrazy: Sony brought the drama upon themselves. They have no official games coming other than a live service game this year.

How did Sony **** up this badly is the question here.

Some of the stuff I've seen over the last little while or so from Sony fans from begging for the Indiana Jones/Blade to now Palworld has been insane. They should be directing their energy at Sony and asking wtf is happening over there, and stop worrying what's going on across the road (MS).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lamprey263

@last_lap said:

Sony brought the drama upon themselves. They have no official games coming other than a live service game this year.

How did Sony **** up this badly is the question here.

Some of the stuff I've seen over the last little while or so from Sony fans from begging for the Indiana Jones/Blade to now Palworld has been insane. They should be directing their energy at Sony and asking wtf is happening over there, and stop worrying what's going on across the road (MS).

I don't blame Sony, not entirely, the lion's share of blame falls entirely on the fanbase, and the gaming press, for not pushing back when they should have. Eventually that kind of pretending everything is fine when it's not will come back to haunt them all.

Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Last_Lap  Online

@lamprey263: I did address that also in my comment.

But Sony have mismanaged their studios. By sticking to their third person action adventure 7hrs+ cutscenes template they have brought this drama.

By not diversifying their line up they are stuck in 5yrs+ dev cycles.

If Sony made smaller games their fanbase would still be screaming to the heavens above that they're great games.

Sony's fanbase is more like a church that they follow their lord and saviour the PS brand than actual free thinking gamers for the most part.

Lastly let's not forget about the gaming media that facilitate Sony with these high scores that Sony can't go back now, each new game has to have more cutscenes, more story, infinite loop Sony is in.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1185 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

#%$&'ing disgraceful!! Not one iota of shame in their re-releasing of old games and making their fans double dip. Granted I loved this game but my gosh talk about something that doesn't need it. Of course it'd be great if Sony ever jumped on that whole free upgrade bandwagon like Microsoft has done. I think they just use the $10 upgrade for cover because Sony's fanbase has taken such a cavalier attitude against digitally owning/licensing anything in their war against Game Pass that we know darn well they'll be double dipping on this.

And if you wanna play this on both console and PC yup gotta double dip, you gotta pay for upgrade and more entitlements, they've still no Smart Delivery or Play Anywhere features and they don't appear to want to because fanboys give them a lifetime free pass to walk all over them. And perhaps it's not entire by choice, Sony is so behind any UWP-like infrastructure I don't think they'll be done catching up to what MS offers currently before the end of 10th gen even if they tried starting now and gave it 110% of their effort.

Loading Video...

Perhaps they don't get blowback because Sony fanboys still don't seem to know what Smart Delivery and Play Anywhere actually mean. That has to be it. Otherwise they'd be livid at this latest exercise of creative bankruptcy. I'm taking this extra personal though because I bet this explains why the 2nd season of The Dark Pictures Anthology was delayed by an extra year, and if this is why, that's bullshit.

Surely as the ad for the upcoming movie. Same as TLOU 1 Remake was for TLOU series. But WTH Xbox peeps knows. They know shit, that's for sure.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1180 Posts

@last_lap: That'd how it is. Nintendo's remake happy, MS is about to bring you a lot of old games... If you aren't interested then move on.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58475 Posts

OK seriously, WTF are they doing over there at Sony?

I'm not a hater and I don't have a dog in this fight (PC for life, bro! You console affairs are of no concern to me for the most part) but Until Dawn? Really? Look it's a good game from what I've read, but FFS they need to do better than just remaster after remaster after remaster.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap  Online

@girlusocrazy: But that's not how it is really. MS & Nintendo may be releasing old games too, the BIG difference is they have new first party games to accompany these old games. Sony doesn't.

Me personally I'm against all remasters/remakes no matter who uses them.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

Yikes, I even had to google was Until Dawn is! Talk about having your priorities mixed up.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45401 Posts
@last_lap said:

@girlusocrazy: But that's not how it is really. MS & Nintendo may be releasing old games too, the BIG difference is they have new first party games to accompany these old games. Sony doesn't.

Me personally I'm against all remasters/remakes no matter who uses them.

Pretty funny how tunneled visioned fanboys can be. Spider-Man 2 was the fastest selling Sony 1st party game and racked up 9 nominations from the DICE awards!!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44463 Posts

But of course they are doing that. 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro
Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Last_Lap  Online

@SolidGame_basic: You of ALL people shouldn't be talking about "tunnel vision fanboys"

We're talking about new first party games coming this year and beyond, and yet you're talking about last years 1 first party game (2 if you count MLB)

Talk about tunnel vision lol.

Name me some first party games Sony is releasing this year. Sony just released a remaster of a what 3yr old game and is now looking to do the same with another PS4 game.

You should be onto Sony about this, but you're not and as usual you're doing your usual SDF posts. Well you reap what you sew Solid, enjoy another remaster.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45401 Posts

@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: You of ALL people shouldn't be talking about "tunnel vision fanboys"

We're talking about new first party games coming this year and beyond, and yet you're talking about last years 1 first party game (2 if you count MLB)

Name me some first party games Sony is releasing this year. Sony just released a remaster of a what 3yr old game and is now looking to do the same with another PS4 game.

You should be onto Sony about this, but you're not and as usual you're doing your usual SDF posts. Well you reap what you sow Solid, enjoy another remaster.

I can understand the jealously behind the success of Spider-Man 2. Sony also blessed us with free God of War DLC to yet another critically acclaimed game. I look forward to whatever Sony announces next!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Last_Lap  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

You should be onto Sony about this, but you're not and as usual you're doing your usual SDF posts. Well you reap what you sow Solid, enjoy another remaster.

I can understand the jealously behind the success of Spider-Man 2. Sony also blessed us with free God of War DLC to yet another critically acclaimed game. I look forward to whatever Sony announces next!

I don't play sales, I play games, but you know this Solid, it's just the usual deflection tactic from you.

Besides Spiderman 2 could sell 100 million it still wouldn't change the fact you have nothing from Sony's first party to look forward to this year.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9591 Posts

Peter Griffin oh my God who in the hell cares meme out of 10.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

@last_lap: So rich the bullshit coming from Solid 😂 Dude wears his Sony face makeup proudly like the clown he is. What’s next? A remake of Uncharted 1? 😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Last_Lap  Online

@boiled-hotdug said:

@last_lap: So rich the bullshit coming from Solid 😂 Dude wears his Sony face makeup proudly like the clown he is. What’s next? A remake of Uncharted 1? 😂

Don't give them any ideas.

As for Solid, well bringing up the sales of Spiderman 2 shows he's out of touch with Sony's roadmap and games. But when you defend a company 110% of the time you kinda don't see anything else. I kinda feel sorry for the guy.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

lol :P

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1373 Posts

Waiting for PS5 generations

how longs it been grandma?
how longs it been grandma?
iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4582 Posts

Not the kind of stuff I am wanting Sony to be focusing on. Give me some new ip's and some sequels to the amazing library of games in the catalogue. Enough with the remasters and remakes already.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lamprey263

@iambatman7986: don't worry, a third party had to agree to push their anticipated game back a year for this to happen, the next The Dark Pictures Anthology release, Directive 8020, missed its Fall 2023 release to make this happen, they also made a PSVR2 game, so... Sony why we can't have nice things.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 688 Posts

As Sony gets more Westenised they become greedier.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#43 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

Only the game Play Station can have is old games no body want to play and fill up the bargain bin 😁

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

thanks jim rayan and sony for nothing keep make remake\remasters and pc ports

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15984 Posts

To be fair its a wonderful game. One of the best horror game of last gen and definitely a good buy for those still not experienced it.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap  Online

@sakaixx said:

To be fair its a wonderful game. One of the best horror game of last gen and definitely a good buy for those still not experienced it.

To be fair the game only released 3yrs ago, if people wanted to play it they would have already because the game is cheap.

Sony is asleep at the wheel, but they don't care because they're selling consoles on name alone by the ship load.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15984 Posts

@last_lap said:
@sakaixx said:

To be fair the game only released 3yrs ago, if people wanted to play it they would have already because the game is cheap.

Sony is asleep at the wheel, but they don't care because they're selling consoles on name alone by the ship load.

It released 9 years ago and permanent price of $20 on PSN. Its a good release for PC fans of Supermassive Games. This is without a doubt best game those guys ever made.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8903 Posts

@lamprey263: Well, dem cows love to get milked. So, I am sure they're already lactating...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Last_Lap  Online

@sakaixx said:
@last_lap said:
@sakaixx said:

It released 9 years ago and permanent price of $20 on PSN. Its a good release for PC fans of Supermassive Games. This is without a doubt best game those guys ever made.

My bad I was thinking the LoU2, Sony and its damn remasters. Point is they should just be making new games not remastering those from last gen, as that's just being lazy.