sony removing BC from ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for machitocaliente
machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 machitocaliente
Member since 2007 • 832 Posts
is a vote of mistrust on the future of ps3.

is like saying " with the ps2 whe are making money, with ps3 whe are loosing it, let's support ps2 and screw ps3 users"

if sony dsnt trust their console, why should i ?

Plug1Plug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Plug1Plug2
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts
what's a ps3?
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

is like saying " with the ps2 whe are making money, with ps3 whe are loosing it, let's support ps2 and screw ps3 users"

machitocaliente
I think Sony is realizing that PS2 will sell more anyways so they are cutting BC to sell more PS2 units. Sony doesn't care about supporting it's new console, it cares about supporting the console making the most money. When PS2 numbers start to fall, Sony will focus on PS3.
-uHuRu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -uHuRu
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
great, more propaganda from Sony haters. its now software BC and not hardware BC (due to the EE removed).
__poi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 __poi
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
great, more propaganda from Sony haters. its now software BC and not hardware BC (due to the EE removed).-uHuRu
It's the same guy.
-uHuRu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -uHuRu
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
[QUOTE="-uHuRu"]great, more propaganda from Sony haters. its now software BC and not hardware BC (due to the EE removed).__poi
It's the same guy.

I did not know. Thanks.
Avatar image for machitocaliente
machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 machitocaliente
Member since 2007 • 832 Posts
great, more propaganda from Sony haters. its now software BC and not hardware BC (due to the EE removed).-uHuRu
the software part dsnt work. ergo. no BC. now spin it baby spin it.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="-uHuRu"]great, more propaganda from Sony haters. its now software BC and not hardware BC (due to the EE removed).machitocaliente
the software part dsnt work. ergo. no BC. now spin it baby spin it.

What do you mean it doesn't work?
IchigoKurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IchigoKurasaki
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts
    I bet his basis for it not working is that POS article about how backwards compatability doesn't work on firmware v1.5.

This instantly proves his fanboy ness because of the fact that software backwards compatability isn't even introduced till firmware v1.6 which you get on march 23rd.

The fact a game worked through software emualtion on 1.5 is a miracle in itself because its not meant to have ANY backwards compatability through software what so ever
HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HostileEffect
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
I think I saw a thread about M$ cutting B/C for the X360. I doubt Sony is cutting B/C... links plz.
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts

machitocaliente
Out of the 3,000 game librayr. Around 1000 Are BC. All the ps games are compatible. It will be hard to play your random movie game, or retro gameon ps3. Since it wont probably work. But games like mgs3,mgs2, gta, gow, r&c, tekken, dmc, ssx, and other great games are going to be upgraded to 1080p on your ps3.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
what's a ps3?Plug1Plug2
It's like the PS2, except opposite.
LabWarrior1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LabWarrior1
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

[QUOTE="machitocaliente"]is a vote of mistrust on the future of ps3.

Boba_Fett_3710
I think Sony is realizing that PS2 will sell more anyways so they are cutting BC to sell more PS2 units. Sony doesn't care about supporting it's new console, it cares about supporting the console making the most money. When PS2 numbers start to fall, Sony will focus on PS3.

Guess what though, now i will 100% not get a PS3 until a proper model with US model like BC is out

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

machitocaliente
hardware emulation is out. software emulation is still available. which is what the xbox360 has anyway. nice try.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Umm no they arent. The 1.6 update will expand the backwards compatibility even more. You lemmings really need to read some news articles, there are over 1200 games that work on the PS3 right now for backwards compatibility which is a helluva lot more then what the 360 has which is basically no BC whatsoever.

MedevilDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 MedevilDragon
Member since 2004 • 1143 Posts
What do the people who want BC and don't have the internet do?
Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
What do the people who want BC and don't have the internet do?MedevilDragon
Sony doesn't care about them. Sony doesn't care about anything but ripping you off.
zzzaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zzzaaa
Member since 2003 • 616 Posts

Go to a friends house or a library with a flash drive that costs 5-10 bucks and download it there. Then plug it into your PS3 and it will update.
zzzaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zzzaaa
Member since 2003 • 616 Posts

Umm no they arent. The 1.6 update will expand the backwards compatibility even more. You lemmings really need to read some news articles, there are over 1200 games that work on the PS3 right now for backwards compatibility which is a helluva lot more then what the 360 has which is basically no BC whatsoever.

DSgamer64

Phil said over 1000 PS2 titles and rising will be playable after 1.6 through Software emulation at the Three Rooms event. Thats a pretty good amount considering 360 have been out over a year and only supports around 300.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
Sony isn't cutting backwards compatibility. Whatever article you read, you read it wrong. They are taking out the emotion engine chips (The chips that do the backwards compatibility stuff) and instead will use software put on the PS3 to do the backwards compatibility stuff, allowing for its price to be cut and the ability to upscale PS1/PS2 games.
tonemd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tonemd_basic
Member since 2003 • 1944 Posts
Get their priorities straight.
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

machitocaliente

no they are not removing BC..so calm down.. They still have it for your europe but just limited..there was no announcement that will do the same here in NA..and hopefully their will not be any at all..They have to make some people happy at least..lol..I just dont like that they said all "PS3 is fully backwared Compatiable" but ditched it when its about to release in Europe..but at least 1200 games is goin to be workin on their system and they are goin to get more workin through firmware update..and i am sure no one owns that many ps2 games.Sony need to watch what they are sayin sometimes.. Oh they trust the PS3 alright why do you think it cost 600 dollars..They have faith in it..and i know more great games is goin to come for the PS3 in the end...Sony is bigger then microsoft and nintendo combined..its just that its takin Sony longer to get the great games out..well actaully its only been what 4 months now..lol..so its obvious it take time for the great ones to come out..