Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

@sirk1264: @Antwan3K

Here's what I mean:

That's what these clauses prevent and in the case of MLB, Sony couldn't add it anymore and had to make it multiplatform if they wanted to keep developing it.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12331 Posts

That whole screenshot just boils down to ... "we want first dibs". That seems standard when you're signing a contract for marketing rights. And lets not act like Microsoft doesn't pay off publishers to get their games on GamePass because they 100% do.

It's also interesting to see Capcom go with *this* deal from PlayStation as opposed to lets say Microsoft and, GamePass.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@Miyomatic said:

Let's actually use some logic here.

MSFT is willing to pay X amount to have the game come to GP. Sony is willing to pay X amount to keep it off of GP.

MSFT sucks at making their own games, and are willing to shell out stupid amounts of money to third parties to launch on GP. Sony, for select titles, is willing to shell out money to stop this. We can assume this amount plus revenue from actual game sales offsets the rediculous amount MSFT is offering.

It's long vs. short term strategies.

That's all this is. The winner remains to be seen. Vote with your wallets, you apes.

I guess I'll be playing the Village next year

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@pc_rocks: this business model will affect the sales of games. Paying 3rd party devs up front for possible lost sales? MS doesn't care about profit at this point and is just throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Sony. Their whole business model is "play it here for cheaper and don't pay full price for it." It's quite pathetic honestly. If MS doesn't beat Sony this gen with this business model, it'll be an embarrassment.

Gamepass is better for gaming though. Gamers play more genres and try different games. No one's doing that if they have to pay full price upfront.

They already are beating Sony with it. 20M Gamepass subs and growing fast. Put all the devices that will get Gamepass aside, if you take all of MSs own content and mix it with a ton of 3rd party content and EA Play, it's an absolute steal for gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@eoten said:
@wandering_halls said:

Why would you pay to keep a game off a rental service?

To force more people to spend the inflated $70 for it. Sony cannot compete wth GP so this is their best chance to get their cut. Very anti-consumer.

This is the real answer, ANTI-CONSUMER! I find it funny the hypocrisy of Cows. I will not be buying a PS5 slim now or anything Sony ever again. I am PC only now and it's gonna stay that way.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#56 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

@sleepnsurf said:
@eoten said:
@wandering_halls said:

Why would you pay to keep a game off a rental service?

To force more people to spend the inflated $70 for it. Sony cannot compete wth GP so this is their best chance to get their cut. Very anti-consumer.

This is the real answer, ANTI-CONSUMER! I find it funny the hypocrisy of Cows. I will not be buying a PS5 slim now or anything Sony ever again. I am PC only now and it's gonna stay that way.

Just in case you somehow interested in Xbox. They literally do the same thing gamepass keeping games off other subscriptions, PC is a great choice ~~

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

Lol.

Sony doing their best to project an aura of ****-you.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44616 Posts

Thing I find more messed up by this is Capcom gave this up for paltry compensation of marketing support. If Sony wanted to dump tons of money at Capcom like they did for SFV for exclusivity then that would make sense, sort of, I mean Capcom was still making a resurgence when that offer happened. They should have greater financial security since RE7 and RE2 remake and Monster Hunter and such. But I should probably consider that this deal was made a year ago, and Game Pass really didn't start making bigger waves until more recently.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

You'd think with all of the fake Twitter blowups (mostly about Sony) and stuff that people would actually take caution before presenting a Twitter post in such an exaggerated manner, but OP doesn't seem to care -- and possibly just wants there to be a 2013-styled blowup for Sony.

If the news is slow for you, I have something to fill your news feed: that blowup isn't going to happen no matter how hard you spin news negatively.

For reference, the previous "shame on Sony" blowup was from another user reading Capcom leak material and *also* incorrectly interpreting language in marketing agreements between Capcom and Sony about Monster Hunter. A few days later it was squarely debunked, similarly to this bottom-of-the-barrel scraping thread topic.

OT, I guess, marketing deals are so common that it's a non-issue. Also, all companies have paid to keep content temporarily exclusive to services they offer, which should give people praising the "subscription service model" more pause if they don't like this stuff. Ex: it's probably not a coincidence that GTAV left PSnow as it was placed on GamePass. If you want to discuss marketing deals, what people could be paying more attention to is why Capcom (and apparently several other publishers) would go with this marketing deal over whatever MS offered with Gamepass.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6943 Posts

A random picture with no context. My guess is Sony paid for the marketing rights( which companies have done for generations) and part of that agreement is not allowing it on other companies subscription services. In other words a good business decision as it would be dumb to pay for marketing rights and have the game appear free somewhere else.

Regardless I will gladly pay full price for this game. I love RE and I enjoyed the demo. Capcom is also one of the best developers in the Industry right now and I will gladly support them.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Was this game even coming to gamepass?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8176 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Here's what I mean:

That's what these clauses prevent and in the case of MLB, Sony couldn't add it anymore and had to make it multiplatform if they wanted to keep developing it.

i don't believe a marketing deal is going to prevent twitter posts, sir..

the main difference now is that those twitter posts will start saying, "Sony paid to keep Resident Evil Village off of Game Pass".. so they are trading bad PR onto themselves in an effert to prevent good PR for Game Pass.. not exactly the best move in any case..

and again, i think everyone is already aware of the "why".. people are just saying that these types of practices suck..

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Zero_epyon

@Antwan3K said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Here's what I mean:

the main difference now is that those twitter posts will start saying, "Sony paid to keep Resident Evil Village off of Game Pass".. so they are trading bad PR onto themselves in an effert to prevent good PR for Game Pass.. not exactly the best move in any case..

and again, i think everyone is already aware of the "why".. people are just saying that these types of practices suck..

If the game isn't on Gamepass, then there won't be a tweet promoting the game on gamepass.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Antwan3K

@Zero_epyon said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Here's what I mean:

If the game isn't on Gamepass, then there won't be a tweet promoting the game on gamepass.

understood.. instead there's just tweets talking about how anti-consumer Sony is.. 🤷‍♂️ not the best trade-off in my opinion..

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Zero_epyon

@Antwan3K said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Here's what I mean:

understood.. instead there's just tweets talking about how anti-consumer Sony is.. 🤷‍♂️ not the best trade-off in my opinion..

That's a different conversation. And I would agree with you as a consumer.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Sony doesn't give a crap what goes in and out of GamePass they are selling games to ps4 and ps5 owners if someone owns an xbox an grabs game pass that doesn't hurt sony at all.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Antwan3K

@ProtossRushX said:

Sony doesn't give a crap what goes in and out of GamePass

IF they are making contractual agreements to dictate what goes in and out of Game Pass, you are factually incorrect..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Antwan3K

@Zero_epyon said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Zero_epyon said:

That's a different conversation. And I would agree with you as a consumer.

well, unless you work for Sony, that should be the only way to look at it.. 👍