Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft should do 1 more showcase this year for 2021 next gen/current gen releases

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Other than Sony which got 5 new exclusive AAA/AA games releases this year (Dreams, Nioh 2, FF7R, TLOU2, GoT), Nintendo and Microsoft been largely absent in 2020. A lot of games slated for launch window/2021 releases and I think all console publishers should do 1 more big showcase in October for upcoming games and for next gen console owners more to look forward to.

We could go with more information on Horizon Forbidden West, God of War 5, Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2, SMTV and whatever Nintendo last gen deluxe edition lazy ports that is slated for 2021.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

It feels like gamers are more excited about seeing upcoming games than actually playing games.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Microsoft needs a Johnny Lawrence running Xbox. Right now they've got a Daniel Larusso soy boy.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Would like to see something from Nintendo. Though at the same time, I've come to appreciate how they usually don't show games until they're almost ready.

Still, just hope their next string of heavy hitters isn't too far out.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sakaiXx

@Pedro: must be a Xbox/Nintendo thing. On PS we play great games every year ~

That aside, I just like to have a definitive release date instead of a vague 2021 window for games.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Other than Sony which got 5 new exclusive AAA/AA games releases this year (Dreams, Nioh 2, FF7R, TLOU2, GoT), Nintendo and Microsoft been largely absent in 2020. A lot of games slated for launch window/2021 releases and I think all console publishers should do 1 more big showcase in October for upcoming games and for next gen console owners more to look forward to.

We could go with more information on Horizon Forbidden West, God of War 5, Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2, SMTV and whatever Nintendo last gen deluxe edition lazy ports that is slated for 2021.

No we've seen enough of these shitty shows for this year, bring back E3 next year, dump all your announcements there and be done for another year.

I think these stupid little shows are time wasting.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

No we've seen enough of these shitty shows for this year, bring back E3 next year, dump all your announcements there and be done for another year.

You're high mr i_cry_daily. The shows eliminate all the cringe and filler the E3 has. Ubi/EA/MS have had pathetic shows with a bunch of filler and cringe, but Sony, especially the last show, did a perfect job. Good games, gameplay on all of them and outside of that shitty Fornite trailer, there was no filler whatsoever and this was the first show i've seen in years without any cringe at all.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@Pedro: must be a Xbox/Nintendo thing. On PS we play great games every year ~

That aside, I just like to have a definitive release date instead of a vague 2021 window for games.

If it was an Xbox/Nintendo thing, then why is it that your faction creates the most threads and bitch about everything that is not related to the PlayStation on a daily basis?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Isn't TGS coming up? When is Gamescom? We're both of these canceled?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sakaiXx

@Pedro: PS does have a large following compared to other and I am sure many are multiplatform owners.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I’m pretty sure that Microsoft has some kind of show/video event planned for October.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sakaiXx

@Telekill: Sony and Nintendo skipping TGS, but xbox is there giving updates on already existing games and probably all access announcement for japan. We already had gamescom, its where the extended Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart gameplay was first shown.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

You're high mr i_cry_daily. The shows eliminate all the cringe and filler the E3 has. Ubi/EA/MS have had pathetic shows with a bunch of filler and cringe, but Sony, especially the last show, did a perfect job. Good games, gameplay on all of them and outside of that shitty Fornite trailer, there was no filler whatsoever and this was the first show i've seen in years without any cringe at all.

You try too hard man.

1 show to rule them all, you're just saying this because your godny couldn't be arsed showing up to E3 and putting in an effort for its fans. I do understand as being a member of the SDF has its stipulations lol.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@Pedro: I agree, gamers in general do seem to care more about upcoming games than what's actually available to play. Sony fanboys on the other hand are too busy complaining about other platforms to actually start playing one of their games.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had more surprise releases for the end of this year.

For reference, Paper Mario, Pikmin 3 Remastered, Hyrule Warriors 2 and Bravely Default 2 were all announced this year, with 2020 release dates.

I know Nintendo have already announced heaps of upcoming games lately, but I suspect they'll have at least one more surprise for the holiday season.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I am of the opinion they'd be better off saying nothing more until they launch.

I think Respawn was onto something just releasing Apex Legends out of nowhere, become a sensation before the internet does its thing and cynics set a sour tone too early.

Sony and MS have said all they need to say. People already know what they want to buy. Anything else that needs demonstrating should be documented once these things are out in the wild.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

You try too hard man.

1 show to rule them all, you're just saying this because your godny couldn't be arsed showing up to E3 and putting in an effort for its fans. I do understand as being a member of the SDF has its stipulations lol.

What is wrong with you. You support the extreme cringe we're getting every E3? Or are you down for more E3's because MS shows were pathetic? I need to know, tell me.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

f#%k no

apart from the xbox july event they have all been shit

the latest sony event damn nearly had every cow on suiside watch after it revealed cross gen..weaker console at the same price and cluster fucked pre-orders

hah

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sakaiXx

@bluestars: are you sure? Cause PS5 sold out who is buying them hmm.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Nintendo does have a few games slated for this year like Bravely Default 2 and No More Heroes 3 but I doubt they'll release this year.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Microsoft had a good year. Flight sim, Tell me Why, Ori 2, Wasteland 3, Grounded.

Still to come AOE 3: Remastered, The Medium, Call of the Sea, Scorn, Assent.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sakaiXx

@me2002: I think Grasshopper have moved No Move Heroes to 2021.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@lamprey263: yeah at this point I think we've heard enough BS about the systems, and on the software side we've already seen a bunch of teasers for things that are freaking years out from release.

So I agree - the only one I think we have more to hear from is Nintendo, but I think they are doing the right thing by keeping things quiet until they are more ready. If that's before the end if the year, great, but if it's not so be it

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@sakaixx: Man... this year has screwed over my sense of time. Unfortunate to hear that Sony and Nintendo are skipping it. Still hoping to hear of a Dino Crisis reboot coming to PS5 from Capcom though.