Sony is doomed and the Xbox is going casual.

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Do you lemmings really believe that sony is doomed?

And do you cows really believe that xbox is going casual because of kinect?

Sony had is ups and downs, lately the Vita screwed up, but the 3DS had way much worse sales and Nintendo didn't fell to doom. And Xbox has the Kinect so that other people (besides core gamers) can enjoy videogames.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Vita is pretty much a confirmed flop at this point and M$ has made it sufficiently clear they're pouring everything into the Kinect.

So... yeah, doomed and casual.

PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PillyChickle
Member since 2011 • 745 Posts

I think the prospects of the future of gaming are more than a little concerning at this point.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Possibly, and absolutely.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjricardo089

Vita is pretty much a confirmed flop at this point and M$ has made it sufficiently clear they're pouring everything into the Kinect.

mmmwksil

Vita is a flop, but the 3DS had worse sales than the Vita had as for now. Did Nintendo died?

And I doubt Xbox will go 100% casual, they will still support great multiplats and if they don't give up on their IPs such as GeoW, Halo, Crackdown, Forza... they still have a chance to compete with PS3. They just need more and better exclusives.

SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SteamedBennet
Member since 2011 • 534 Posts

Did the 3DS have worse sales than the Vita? I highly doubt it. Regardless of quality, a Sony handheld is never going to outsell a Nintendo handheld.

Sony are not doomed, they have other sources of income besides gaming (and they're not allowed to go bust, I want my Vita dammit).

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

tjricardo089

Vita is a flop, but the 3DS had worse sales than the Vita had as for now. Did Nintendo died?

And I doubt Xbox will go 100% casual, they will still support great multiplats and if they don't give up on their IPs such as GeoW, Halo, Crackdown, Forza... they still have a chance to compete with PS3. They just need more and better exclusives.

The 3DS sold more The first two weeks 3DS- 584,387 Vita-397,338
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tjricardo089

Sony are not doomed, they have other sources of income besides gaming (and they're not allowed to go bust, I want my Vita dammit).

SteamedBennet

They won't go down just because of Vita. They sell TVs, Playstations, Audio Systems and other mumbo jumbo.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjricardo089

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

Vita is pretty much a confirmed flop at this point nervmeister

Since when does the retarded rant threads of sniveling, half-lobotomized sheep count as "confirmation"?

Best insult ever this year.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts
Vita is a confirmed flop for the Japanese market, FOR NOW. Whether or not they will actually get titles with actual Japanese appeal remains to be seen. The Vita will almost certainly be a considerably better success [i.e. will be successful at all] in the US and EU, which is already semi-confirmed by Amazon. MS has relegated the rest of the 360's lifespan to casual. 720 may be an entirely different ball game, but as for the rest of the 360's life, yeah it kinda sucks actually.
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

*Yawn* Yeah, sure.

Anyone see that new trailer of that show?

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PraetorianMan
[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

CanYouDiglt

The 3DS sold more The first two weeks 3DS- 584,387 Vita-397,338

And I'm still pretty sure that the figures are 400,000 vs 480,000. EDIT: Do you have sources to the contrary?
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#14 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

Since when does the retarded rant threads of sniveling, half-lobotomized sheep count as "confirmation"?

Agreed. It isnt available anywhere but Japan, and it's potential is written off already. I wouldnt hire anybody here in a business I were to ever run.
SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SteamedBennet

[QUOTE="SteamedBennet"]

tjricardo089

They won't go down just because of Vita. They sell TVs, Playstations, Audio Systems and other mumbo jumbo.

Yeah... thanks for repeating what I just said... I guess. :|

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

u mad, bro?

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tjricardo089

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

[QUOTE="SteamedBennet"]

SteamedBennet

Well you contradicted yourself, I just stated the obvious. Sorry about that mate :)

PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PillyChickle

[QUOTE="SteamedBennet"]

tjricardo089

Well that is true. But is it doing them any good right now?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#19 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Vita is a confirmed flop for the Japanese market, FOR NOW. Whether or not they will actually get titles with actual Japanese appeal remains to be seen. The Vita will almost certainly be a considerably better success [i.e. will be successful at all] in the US and EU, which is already semi-confirmed by Amazon. MS has relegated the rest of the 360's lifespan to casual. 720 may be an entirely different ball game, but as for the rest of the 360's life, yeah it kinda sucks actually. PraetorianMan
Its not flying off the shelves in Japan of course, it's not like they had an economy problem as a result of an earthquake/tsunami recently. People have tons of money to spend there.
PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PraetorianMan
Its also worth pointing out [again] that retail software sales were "within expectations" and digital sales "exceeded expectations". I suppose that means the terribad software sales were expected, which implies that the low hardware sales were also expected I guess. When Kaz Hirai says that they're not disappointed in Vita sales so far, part of me actually believes him because part of me thinks that Sony knew that it wasn't going to do that well in Japan at launch. However, the fact that the software sales do never the less appear to be reasonably good [as far as we can tell], I don't know if I'd truly relegate the Vita to "failure" status yet.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

Vita is pretty much a confirmed flop at this point mmmwksil

u mad, bro?

No. Just telling it like it is. I wasn't calling you in particular a sheep, by the way.

SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SteamedBennet

[QUOTE="SteamedBennet"]

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

tjricardo089

Well you contradicted yourself, I just stated the obvious. Sorry about that mate :)

what contradiction? I said they're not doomed, the bit in the brackets was not meant to be taken seriously (well kind of, I do want a Vita).

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mmmwksil

No. Just telling it like it is. I wasn't calling you in particular a sheep, by the way.

nervmeister

I know you weren't. I'm just adding fuel to what's going to be a very fun bonfire.

Cows are just living in denial at this point.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tjricardo089

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

[QUOTE="SteamedBennet"]

SteamedBennet

what contradiction? I said they're not doomed, the bit in the brackets was not meant to be taken seriously (well kind of, I do want a Vita).

Oh sorry I took that part serious :P

PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PillyChickle

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

mmmwksil

I know you weren't. I'm just adding fuel to what's going to be a very fun bonfire.

While that is true, I wouldn't call what's happening and what's going to happen to Sony fun...

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mmmwksil

While that is true, I wouldn't call what's happening and what's going to happen to Sony fun...

PillyChickle

What's fun are cows in denial. I am in no way happy if anyone loses their job at Sony over this failure.

Though the blame would rest solely on corporate's pigheadedness.

SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SteamedBennet

[QUOTE="SteamedBennet"]

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

tjricardo089

Oh sorry I took that part serious :P

No worries :P

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

mmmwksil

I know. Vita is FAR from the the money-printer they hoped it would be. Funnier still, now they're denying that they ever hyped it as such OR bashed 3DS relentlessly when it first came out. So now, they act like the innocent victims of an unprovoked attack and expect everyone to bleed their hearts out for them. :lol:

vegaruins666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vegaruins666
Member since 2011 • 306 Posts

Do you lemmings really believe that sony is doomed?

And do you cows really believe that xbox is going casual because of kinect?

Sony had is ups and downs, lately the Vita screwed up, but the 3DS had way much worse sales and Nintendo didn't fell to doom. And Xbox has the Kinect so that other people (besides core gamers) can enjoy videogames.

tjricardo089

microsofts already gone casual and sony will be ok

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#30 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Well im buying a Vita so.... heh

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I wish Sony would drop handhelds and MS would drop Kinect, but that's wishful thinking.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Sony is doomed, no way around it. Just because you can prove that MS is not going casual doesn't mean Sony doesn't have PS3 part 2 on its hands.
majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

so.....simplistic thread with idiotic reference......Vita is not flopped or wat ever called some gamers are waiting for Core Game like Persona 4 The Golden

Sales are just simple excuse its never affected its custumer desired to play a game.....

Xbox is really hurting a Gaming Experience for 360 Users on this Users(They are not creative & its fanbase starting to losing hope)

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Microsoft has gone casual and it seems to be working for them, but as a gamer they have deserted the hardcore. The Vita looks great and unique as a handheld gaming device, but will never sell as many units as the 3DS. Sony will be fine because they have not abandoned the hardcore. Sony should drop the move gimmick and continue to push new ip along with reinventing the playstation network.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

First world problems.

terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

nervmeister

I know. Vita is FAR from the the money-printer they hoped it would be. Funnier still, now they're denying that they ever hyped it as such OR bashed 3DS relentlessly when it first came out. So now, they act like the innocent victims of an unprovoked attack and expect everyone to bleed their hearts out for them. :lol:

I've not seen "them" act in any such way. You have a very... interesting interpretation or perception of things... I don't know what to call it, really. Strange is the word, I guess.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mmmwksil

I've not seen "them" act in any such way. You have a very... interesting interpretation or perception of things... I don't know what to call it, really. Strange is the word, I guess.

terafumos

You are either being willingly blind to their behavior, or haven't been on the board much recently.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

First world problems.

Jagged3dge

Yes, people in Africa don't tend to play video games.

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

If Sony is doomed then it is only because they refuse to fully commit to the casual market like the rest. I admire them for that and dont see them going away anytime soon. Everyone says the same thing about PC gaming but it's definitely still alive and kicking. If anything I think it's coming back.

PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PillyChickle

If Sony is doomed then it is only because they refuse to fully commit to the casual market like the rest. I admire them for that and dont see them going away anytime soon. Everyone says the same thing about PC gaming but it's definitely still alive and kicking. If anything I think it's coming back.

demonic_85

You're comparing a company to a market?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The Vita will eventually recover and sell better in Japan.

Bahamutmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Bahamutmega
Member since 2010 • 132 Posts

Microsoft is simply making money. The hardcore and majority of the gaming community already own one. So now it's time to appeal to mom and dad, and Grandma. There is nothing wrong with this because the money they make is going towards a better future for the next generation of consoles. Maybe we can get a system that works when it's released this time.

As for the Sony Vita comments, they seem pretty premature. I always see a lot of 3DS praise on this site but it's usually followed by "mario this " or " Remake that". IMO, the psp was the preffered handheld because the library of games and the xmb. Sure the DS and it's four incantations sold more, but the Jersey Shore had a viewership through the roof. So please stop pairing sales and quality.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

First world problems.

Jagged3dge
But i live in the third world.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Nah.

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

Sony's TV department probably makes enough revenue to cover the Vita losses 10 times over

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

tjricardo089

I agree. I highly doubt that people will think about Kinect by 2013-2014...

Sony's TV department probably makes enough revenue to cover the Vita losses 10 times over

FashionFreak

Actually, most of their divisions are doing horribly...including in electronics. The only division that Sony is currently profitable in is their gaming division.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Somebody doesn't know how much trouble Sonys in.

vegaruins666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 vegaruins666

Microsoft is simply making money. The hardcore and majority of the gaming community already own one. So now it's time to appeal to mom and dad, and Grandma. There is nothing wrong with this because the money they make is going towards a better future for the next generation of consoles. Maybe we can get a system that works when it's released this time.

As for the Sony Vita comments, they seem pretty premature. I always see a lot of 3DS praise on this site but it's usually followed by "mario this " or " Remake that". IMO, the psp was the preffered handheld because the library of games and the xmb. Sure the DS and it's four incantations sold more, but the Jersey Shore had a viewership through the roof. So please stop pairing sales and quality.

Bahamutmega

If microsoft really cared about the truegamers they wouldnt be all about the money they would rather have good games and slightly less sales than **** game with more sales.

vegaruins666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vegaruins666

Newhopes

They're not in dreamcast type trouble they arent soley a console manfacturer.

PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PillyChickle

[QUOTE="Newhopes"]

vegaruins666

They're not in dreamcast type trouble they arent soley a console manfacturer.

You think the size of Sony is relevant? It doesn't matter how big a business is - it needs to make money.