Sony Interative Ent accounces organizational transformation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hawkeye44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Hawkeye44
Member since 2017 • 237 Posts

http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2018/180301.html

"As such, SIE’s mission to create and develop the most attractive and powerful first party titles has become more important than ever." :D

Looks like the AAA Blockbusters will carry on to the PS5.

I can already tell, PS5's graphics will blow HZD out of the water.

Im already sold on the PS5 even though it doesn't even exist yet. Gaming would be so shitty without Playstation.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@hawkeye44 said:

Gaming would be so shitty with Playstation.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@hawkeye44 said:

Gaming would be so shitty with Playstation.

Agreed

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

in short, different parts of the gaming division that handle everything from region specific marketing, development, developer outreach, sales, platform management, and such, they are now consolidating leadership in these different areas and within each region under the directorship of a few key individuals

this could be good, if the people put in charge are right for the job, but it could also go the other way if they're not

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Sounds like more games are coming in the future.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Meanwhile at Microsoft, tumbleweeds.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lamprey263

Funny how people are so hung up by the bit of:

Increasingly, the value of interactive entertainment is differentiated by the broad spectrum and depth of experiences that it provides to customers. As such, SIE’s mission to create and develop the most attractive and powerful first party titles has become more important than ever.

As if Sony's making additional steps here to push further first party development.

I mean, goes without saying Sony will create new content regardless. But there seems to be nothing to indicate any push for additional resources in this area. Rather, one of the chairman overseeing WWS development will continue to function in their current role while (they say it without saying it) possibly losing his power as SIEA President as that power is being consolidated under someone else. Simply, he will continue in his role as a WWS chair, no additional information in this transformation if he's given more authority or resources or is having a number of regional segments put under his supervision, simply they just basically say he's continuing the job he's doing with no changes there.

To fulfill this purpose, also effective April 1, Shawn Layden, current Chairman of Worldwide Studios (WWS) and SIEA President, will concentrate his focus on WWS continuing to provide platform-defining content that helps drive the growth of SIE.

I mean, that seems like a diplomatic way of saying someone has been demoted.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

I love Sony first party games. Not only are they YouTube friendly a console is optional. Keep up the good work Sony.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Increasingly, the value of interactive entertainment is differentiated by the broad spectrum and depth of experiences that it provides to customers. As such, SIE’s mission to create and develop the most attractive and powerful first party titles has become more important than ever.

As if Sony's making additional steps here to push further first party development.

I mean, goes without saying Sony will create new content regardless. But there seems to be nothing to indicate any push for additional resources in this area. Rather, one of the chairman overseeing WWS development will continue to function in their current role while (they say it without saying it) possibly losing his power as SIEA President as that power is being consolidated under someone else. Simply, he will continue in his role as a WWS chair, no additional information in this transformation if he's given more authority or resources or is having a number of regional segments put under his supervision, simply they just basically say he's continuing the job he's doing with no changes there.

To fulfill this purpose, also effective April 1, Shawn Layden, current Chairman of Worldwide Studios (WWS) and SIEA President, will concentrate his focus on WWS continuing to provide platform-defining content that helps drive the growth of SIE.

Well I think its as you said before, a consolidation of how many heads there are. Yes there is always the possibility of poor job placement but I think Sony has their audience and strength lined up well, single player, cinematic experiences. I'm sure there will be great games going forward.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@UssjTrunks: @drlostrib: AAA gaming couldn't survive without it GTFO trolls.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@loganx77 said:

@drlostrib: AAA gaming couldn't survive without it GTFO trolls.

okay, so what's the problem?

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
@loganx77 said:

How am i trolling? I was just agreeing with OP.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Its funny that someone ^ who doesn't even own a PS4 still cheers from the bleachers LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@loganx77 said:

However will we manage? oh right... go back to playing games that focus on being games!

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LoganX77

@MBirdy88: Like shitty RTS, Mobas and the rest of the horrid microtransaction riddled shit on PC?? Im sorry your attention span can't deal with a few cutscenes to tell a story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@loganx77 said:

@MBirdy88: Like shitty RTS, Mobas and the rest of the horrid microtransaction riddled shit on PC?? Im sorry your attention span can't deal with a few cutscenes to tell a story.

Mentions attention span.

Mentions are "s*tty" genre that requires 40-60 minutes of constant attention and awareness at all times, and RTS.

Thinks games that are 5 minutes of low effort gameplay followed by cut scenes is somehow superior in that regard

Good one mate. 10/10 would receive attempt at bashing again.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Pedro said:

I love Sony first party games. Not only are they YouTube friendly a console is optional. Keep up the good work Sony.

This

Sony is a gamers best friend.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Wait I thought Shu was the head of WW studios and not Shawn Layden.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LoganX77

@MBirdy88: 5 minutes of gameplay? Wtf are you talking about. This is something you dunces do on a regular basis. The gameplay to cutscene ratio is usually 80 to 20 their not MGS4 for **** sakes. I hear you trolls say the same shit about HZD for an example when you can play the game for hours without a cutscene. Then you go ahead and praise shit like D:OS where you can get up and make a sandwich during combat and not be dead. And after that you can spend 20 minutes reading mundane dialogue sections. And mobas lol... how often can you be entertained doing the same shit?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@loganx77 said:

@MBirdy88: 5 minutes of gameplay? Wtf are you talking about. This is something you dunces do on a regular basis. The gameplay to cutscene ratio is usually 80 to 20 their not MGS4 for **** sakes. I hear you trolls say the same shit about HZD for an example when you can play the game for hours without a cutscene. Then you go ahead and praise shit like D:OS where you can get up and make a sandwich during combat and not be dead. And after that you can spend 20 minutes reading mundane dialogue sections. And mobas lol... how often can you be entertained doing the same shit?

Average time to complete UC4 - 12-16 hours. Total Cutscenes length 6 hours. I rest my case. Oh I'm sorry you managed to somehow stretch a 30 minute gameplay session in some sequences? good for you? do you want a gold star?

Calling other's a dunce when you can't even see the shortfalls in your own arguement is laughable.

You can go AFK in a turn based game? whoa what an amazing revelation! he says... as you can hang from a ledge in Uncharted for 30 minutes.... then move 2 steps forward "OH LOOK ANOTHER NON-TENSE LEDGE BREAK SCRIPT".

A Dungeons & Dragon's traditional Role Playing game-style has lots of writing and dialogue? now who has the short attention span? It's so much easier to watch the B Grade Indiana Jones or Ginger Huntress give 1 liners and dodge michael bay explosions/robo dinos over and over again.

The hilarious thing here is that D:OS has far more to offer in the gameplay loop complexity department than both of those games.

MOBAs - How often? I dunno how often can you climb ledges, or climb up dinosaurs to map out areas like the tried and true repetitive assasins creed style? How often can you strafe dodge the same 10 enemies that are scripted and 100% predictable over and over again?

I guess people shouldn't play competitive games of any kind "over and over again" because apparently it's more stimulating to have a game practically play itself for you and give you 6 hours of cutscenes.

Your arguments are beyond weak. 7 million casuals that like shiny things may have bought HZD ... but 3 million people are playing single games at one concurrent time in 2018 ... some of those being "Teh s*it MOBAS".

Play HZD for 20 hours, put it on the shelf, watch dust collect. amazing.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

@loganx77 said:

I have 140 PS3 games and MGS4 was one of the best games last gen. It had a lot of cut scenes but it had an equal amount of game play and the game play was ahead of it's time. It's one of the best experiences I had in the last decade.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LoganX77

@jdc6305: Agreed it was outstanding but it did have alot of cutscenes.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@GameboyTroy: so you finally bought a ps4, or are you not?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LoganX77

@MBirdy88: Yes because UC4 is the only game they ever made. Will ignore the MP... Lets also ignore SOC, GOW , Infamous, GT, R&C and BB.

Same 10 enemies? It had about 20 enemy types not including humans and they didnt move in scripted ways. Have you even played the game? Its story was actually solid. It had far more in common with TW3 then AC and the explosions you dodge you create yourself. It won a GDC award for its storytelling which is far more impressive then the terrible outdated combat you trolls praise and a story that is equivalent to a virgin writing a D&D scenario. Alloy is your standard Marysue but at least the world was interesting.

I have nothing against good mp games but you trolls hate everything outside of three genres.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Sonys by the gamers for the gamers mantra looks to be continuing into the future.

I will call it right now the PS5 will be the industry leading console next gen in power, library and sales. More AAA genre defining, limousine riding exclusives than you could ever wish for.

Thank you Sony

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@Pedro said:

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: What's funny is that MS's first party games literally are console-optional now lol. If I was a Lem trying to pick on Sony, the last thing I'd go after is the "console-optional" joke. Talk about irony.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@joshrmeyer: Lol. That's on point. Literally every MS game nowadays is console-optional. And there are lems in here trying to make jokes about PS4 exclusives being console-optional. It's just too much. Lems. Sheesh. They own themselves on a daily basis.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lamprey263

@pc_rocks: maybe, the other guy they wrote about as concentrating as delivering platform defining content is just a chair, probably means he's one if several on and board that provide input and votes in ideas